shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Dandi! I am glad you had such a great experience and that you were able to be taken care of by your colleagues. O is adorable - love your bath photo and you look great too! Your emotions will settle down - I remember being very sentimental and weepy for about the first 4-5 weeks after our daughter was born. She is 8 weeks old now.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh Dandi - what a beautiful family! And a wonderful birth story. Congratulations.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
dandi love the new photos & I'm so glad your labor & delivery was a good experience for you-- how wonderful to have familiar faces caring for you! big congrats again!!

...I've got to type up my birth story too! :cheeky:

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to the new moms!

Anyone heard from Fisher lately? Was just wondering how she's doing... :))

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Dandi, thanks for checking in and sharing your birth story ( I never did that)!! O is absolutely adorable. I hope you're recovering well. I didnt think the c/s was bad at all either!!! I still have some pain from time to time, but I know that's normal!!! Keep up the great work, Mama!!! :appl:

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Dandi So happy to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your birth story- I'm glad to hear that you were well taken care of! Oscar is so precious! :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andi--What a wonderful birth story! I'm so happy to hear that you were taken care of by our colleagues, and that picture of you with O is precious. Tears of joy for you, mama!

Sending lots of love and comfort to all you pregnant mamas! There were moments when I thought I was just going to be miserably pregnant forever, but now that I'm sitting here with my baby boy sleeping on my chest I can tell you that it was all worth it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi, beautiful pics and story!!!! aww, congrats again!

eta: lovethestrawberries, great belly pic!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Skippy said:
eta: lovethestrawberries, great belly pic!

Aw, that's sweet, thanks Skippy! ::)

DandiAndi, thank you for coming back to share your story - I loved reading it, and am so glad to hear you guys are doing well!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year to everyone! :wavey: Hope you are all doing well! This thread has slowed considerably, haha! :cheeky:

I'm 34 weeks today. Nothing new here except for a fun :rolleyes: little head cold and lots of nosebleeds to go along with it. My vaporizer and I are best friends right now. ::) I gave in and took some Mucinex too, and am downing what feels like gallons of water.

I had a baby shower this weekend too, and it turned out to be very nice and enjoyable - it was a small group of about 20 or so women from the family, and we had a nice evening together. I had loved the idea I'd seen before of people giving baby books instead of cards at showers, and I am so excited to say that we have a fantastic start to the baby's book collection with lots of personal notes to the baby inside - so sweet.

It's starting to feel very real!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies!

I'm finally moving over here from the JBP thread. I'm 25w 4d (due April 13) with our first child and it's a girl.

It's been pretty smooth sailing (touch wood) so far with the pregnancy, despite the initial shock of finding out I was pregnant. The first 20 weeks seemed to absolutely drag and now it's like time is flying and we really need to get our act together and start getting things ready.

Hope the rest of you are feeling well (sorry about your head cold LTS, I've had a couple since get pregnant and it's so miserable). I look forward to reading all about everyone's pregnancies!

:wavey:

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This thread has always been a dream of mine! I guess that at 23 weeks 1 day it's about time to move on over from the barely preggo thread. :bigsmile:

Pregnancy is going well, I adore every kick and wiggle I feel from our little one. A few days before Christmas, Paul began to be able to feel the movements, too. Awesome Christmas present for Daddy!

Can someone bump the essentials list for babies? We are going to register this week and the lists I'm finding online are daunting and we don't want that much stuff in the house. :)

Hope everyone here is doing well--- love the pics of the recent births! PSers make gorgeous kiddos!!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! I haven't been on PS in a while.. probably about 3 years. I was active in BWW for a while during wedding planning.

DH and I just moved to Atlanta from Raleigh, so I don't really have a support system here. Then I knew where to go- Pricescope! So I hope it's okay that I am jumping in here. I am 13 weeks and looking forward to the morning sickness vanishing. :)

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hey Dot!

I don't remember you, but I'm in the metro of Atlanta, too. Congrats on your pregnancy. My MS slowed down around week 16, but I still have random moments of pukiness at times. :). Hopefully it will fade away for you soon.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!
fisher I have been waiting for you to make the move over and now I can! So great to hear an update from you. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother in law. I hope you guys are healing and I find the thought that she is with Miracle.

dot welcome! I do the same thing with pricescope as I find it hard to keep up but pricescopers are the absolute best!!!!!!
I hope your morning sickness goes away soon. I was pretty lucky in that arena.

travelgodess sounds like you are doing well! I'm so happy for you that you are fully excited for your babe to come as I remember you we're a bit shocked at first! I have never been one of those moms that say I love everything about parenting but those sweet little faces make it worth it. My son is 4 and I am often in awe of the little person he is becoming.

luvthem you are at the tail end (almost)! Sorry to hear you are sick. That's no fun. The shower sounds great though. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have lots of stuff from my first son and am not sure if I need/feel comfortable with a shower- but we will see what happens.

dandiandi what a great birth story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! Pictures are just precious.

haven and MLK congrats to both of you. I have been following all of the stories for a while!

If I missed anyone I'm sorry. Very blessed to be here.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats dandiandi! Glad you were well taken care of and your little bundle--what a sweetie!! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Soooo... was diagnosed with GD. Yay :rolleyes: . I am testing my blood 4 times a day. I have not been starving like this since.... well, I can't remember! I feel like milk and pasta are the two foods that make my blood sugar go nuts. Any other carb I do fine with and stay well below limits. I am hating this diet mainly because CARBS were the thing that would make nausea go away or lessen. I told my nutritionist that I'm still puking every day and haven't been hungry really because my stomach hurts or feels queasy. She says, "Well, most women don't have morning sickness after 31 weeks. You should be fine." :confused: WTH. Seriously? Yes, I must be making it all up since most women are not sick at 31 weeks. After starting their "diet" though I found myself starving last night and this morning. I did not feel well at ALL but was starving. I took zofran and then was just starving. I wonder if baby is going through a growth spurt?

My weight fluctuates between +7lbs - +10lbs from pre-preggo weight. Which means I've actually lost weight, I'm thinking? I don't know. I'm tired of feeling like crap, tired of throwing up, tired of being tired and tired of feeling sorry for myself at this point. Pregnancy (for me) is NOTHING like I thought it would be. It is not rainbows, unicorns, and sunshine.

I am thankful that so far everything with baby is good and I'm sure it will be worth it and after birth I won't remember this negative stuff... but until then, I'm struggling to find things to be happy about. I don't like being so negative! blahhhh.

Anyone else working the GD diet? Any tips?

candy

Rough_Rock
Hi bean, I rarely post here but read often and wanted to commiserate! I'm 34 weeks along and, while I don't have GD, I failed the 1 hour glucose test so badly that my doctor told me that I should stick to a low glycemic index diet. It sounds like you're able to maintain good blood sugar levels by avoiding milk and pasta, so it seems that you should be able to eat some (whole grain) carbs in moderation -- especially if that's the one thing that keeps you from feeling nauseous! The key is to eat protein along with those carbs. So you could have cheese and crackers, or whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter, whole wheat pita bread with hummus, etc. Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know... I'm just saying it because when I first started eating this way, I tried to cut out *all* carbs and I really was starving! I also had a hard time thinking of food that was safe to eat and would still be satisfying. Hopefully this list can provide some inspiration, but I bet if you start a separate thread you could gather even more ideas: http://www.lifetimefatloss.com/support-files/printablelglist4.2.11.pdf

And I also wanted to say that, like you, I am definitely not a fan of being pregnant. I can't think of many positive things to say about the experience, except that it's finite. You are in the home stretch! But you are not the only one who will be happy when it's all over :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi gorgeous ladies, I have a spare minute while O is asleep and just wanted to pop in and thank you so much for all of your lovely comments and well wishes! I am finding my feet a lot more now and feeling more at ease with this little monkey, plus my hormones and emotions have peetered out, thank goodness. I still can't drive for a couple of weeks but mum has been great, driving me here and there when DH is at work. O is sleeping in 4-5 hour stretches at night and settles back to sleep straight after each night feed, and naps 2-3 hours during the day, so I think he's off to a reasonable start, plus he is a pretty mellow baby in his waking hours. He's in the bassinet in my room but I have to sleep with earplugs in, he is such a restless, noisy sleeper!

Here are some pics my amazingly talented brother took of O and I in hospital when O was 2 days old.

I hope all you new mummas are doing fantastic, and congratulations to all the new mummas-to-be!!!!!!

2_days_old_with_mum.jpg

2_days_old.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
oh, dandi, he is precious as can be! what a treasure to have those photos! so glad to hear you & o are getting into a rhythm.

:wavey: :wavey: hi to all the bumpies out there!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been on the computer much lately, so wanted to drop in and catch up with everybody...

Prana is due in 2 days!!!! :appl: Hope you get to see this and that you're doing well!!

Hi and welcome to all the new faces!! :wavey:

TravelGoddess - haha time is flying here too - it's funny to hear you say that because I'm about 10 weeks ahead of you and I feel like WE need to get our act together, haha! We've had one shower but another one in a few weeks so I feel like I can't prepare much yet. Plus we're moving a month or two after the due date, so everything where we are right now is so temporary, and I'm in such a state of trying to figure out the best "setup" for all the baby stuff in the mean time (and not getting anywhere with that).

Fisher - did you ever find that list you were looking for? I don't know what it is but I'd be interested to see it too. I wanted to keep things minimal as well, and it took me quite a while and just making myself focus on a few good "overall" lists that I found online. Those darn "registry checklists" they give you in the stores are absolutely ridiculous.

Blackpolkadot - I did the same thing, I was on BWW up until our wedding 3 years ago, then life happened and I didn't spend much time here otherwise. But I knew this would be a great place to come for pregnancy support, and it has been!

pavelover - Haha I guess I would consider this the tail end - I'm not sure how I got here! Seems like it's been flying by somehow. It's funny because I remember starting in this thread early on, and all these other ladies were in their final weeks, and it seemed like forever away.

bean - I'm so sorry to hear about the GD and all the ickiness you're experiencing. :(( I totally hear you on the carbs when nausea strikes. I'm sorry to say I don't have any tips as far as diet goes - candy's recommendation for eating protein along with the complex carbs is a very good one. It looks like you're less than a month behind me, and I don't know if this helps, but I can say that I've had some very strange appetites in the past month that have been different than the norm for me. I'm not sure if it's contributed solely to growth spurts - I know this time in the 3rd trimester is when the baby is packing on the fat and doing a lot of growing, so it could be possible. But I would say definitely in the past month that I've been going from not hungry at all and food not being appetizing, to needing to eat, in the blink of an eye. It's like my stomach is so crowded because of the baby and I'm not hungry, but my blood sugar will suddenly just drop and I can tell I need to eat immediately, to the point of even getting light headed really quickly. So maybe the nausea and starving for you is sort of the same thing? I am so sorry though about the GD curveball - I know that makes curbing the nausea with certain foods even harder. I can't commiserate with the sickness, but I can definitely agree that pregnancy is not all rainbows and unicorns - like you, I'm very thankful that everything with the baby has been great so far, but I am having a lot of physical pain these days, and it's hard not to be negative sometimes. I got really down on myself this weekend about all the housework we have to do in preparation for moving after the baby is here - we're trying to get everything organized and gone through before the baby gets here (due date in 5 weeks...), but weekends until then are already being tied up, and our current stash of baby stuff is in a bin and stacks on the floor, without furniture to be put away in or even anywhere in the apartment to go right now. I started getting really bummed yesterday about how I feel like I'm not making any progress or getting anything done, when all I feel like doing is sitting down and resting all day because my back and feet and shoulders and nerves in my rear end (yeah) are killing me whenever I stand or walk. So I hear you on the negativity - my husband had to hold my face and look me in the eye and make me understand that we'll get there and it'll all be alright, and that I need to focus on resting and taking care of myself and the baby first and foremost.

DandiAndi - Looooove the pictures!! So glad to hear things are going well for you guys and that you're settling down well. Sounds like you can't ask for much better than how things seem to be going so far!

I'm at 35 weeks tomorrow. Most of my current mental state is pretty well summarized above in my response to bean - I'm torn right now between trying to rest like I need to and trying to get the home in an organized state for eventual moving and for the baby. I'm thankful for a husband that makes me rest and sleep when he can tell I need to but am being stubborn about it. The head cold seems to be on the way out the door I think, thank goodness. I'm just getting to the point where I can understand why women talk about how uncomfortable the last few weeks are. Sleep is hard, my brain is mush, walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying down eventually hurts... :rolleyes: I was telling my husband this weekend that I really do think 40 weeks/9 months is the magic number with pregnancy - somehow it is perfect, because baby can grow all it needs to, but thank goodness we're not asked to be pregnant for a whole year or something else. It's like 40 weeks is the max amount our bodies can stand, and we're at the threshold and maxed out and so ready by then - physically and mentally. It's just interesting.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
luvthemstrawberries I am due in two days! I'm thinking I'll run over for sure, though. I have things going on, I can feel cramping and an increase in frequency/intensity of BH contractions, but that doesn't mean anything.

Dandi Love the pictures! Glad you are doing well

Hope everyone else is doing well also. Welcome to the JBP'ers who joined us big fat preggies over here in the pregnant thread!

I still read and check in, but I'm too lazy to write much of anything. ::) Mainly I just don't want to jinx myself, and my pregnancy is still pretty darn boring, even though I'm huge and in excruciating pain most of the time. Hopefully not too much longer for me!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Prana said:
luvthemstrawberries I am due in two days! I'm thinking I'll run over for sure, though. I have things going on, I can feel cramping and an increase in frequency/intensity of BH contractions, but that doesn't mean anything.

I still read and check in, but I'm too lazy to write much of anything. ::) Mainly I just don't want to jinx myself, and my pregnancy is still pretty darn boring, even though I'm huge and in excruciating pain most of the time. Hopefully not too much longer for me!

Prana, oh goodness, I sound like this already, haha! Guess I have (at least) 5 more weeks to put up with! I think we all prep ourselves for running over, which I guess is a good thing. But I already feel like I have lots of BH contractions, and so much pain - I can only imagine what the next few weeks will bring for me! :cheeky: Thinking of you over the next days!! :wavey:

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Fisher I haven't been around often, but have lurked occasionally. I am so glad you are in this thread!!! It is also nice to 'know' someone in the area!

My morning sickness has really let up in the past week, so I think I might actually enjoy the pregnancy more now. :D

Clover

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! :wavey:

I am 14 weeks today and hoping I can join in on this thread. I had my first trimester screening yesterday and everything looked good on the ultrasound and now I'm just waiting on the results from the blood test to come back.

Blackpolkadot - It sounds like we are due right around the same time! My original due date was 7/4 but the doctor has officially pushed it back to 7/11 based on my estimate and the baby's measurements.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Clover we are due around the same time! I am 13w6d, with a due date of July 10. So exciting to have someone close to me! Many of the other posters are having babies in April or earlier.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to send a big shout out to Prana! I hope you're feeling great at the end of your pregnancy, and I can't wait to hear about your baby's arrival!!!! I'll be lurking in this thread awaiting your good news.

Andi--The pictures you posted are absolutely gorgeous.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Bean, aww, I'm sorry to hear about the GD. How are you doing with your appetite since starting the new diet? Do you still feel like you're not getting enough?

DandiAndi, beautiful pictures! O is one handsome little baby!

Prana, hope you're doing well. Today is the due date, yeah? As a massage therapist, I'm going to recommend that you get thee to a spa for a little pampering to help with the pain. :) I have so many pregnant clients that come in at the very end of their pregnancies and they always say it's the best thing they've done for themselves. Most of the time they just sleep through it, but it's so good to get that rest.

LTS, I'm going to recommend a massage for you, too! In fact, I think we should all go get massages! Glad to hear the head cold is on it's way out.

As for me, nothing really new to report. I'm slowly cutting out things I can do at work (I've stopped doing 90 minute deep tissue sessions and hot stone massages). I've also cut down to part time, so I'm only working about 25 hours/week but it's still hard on my body. DH and I are taking a babymoon at the end of the month to St. Lucia. I CANNOT wait to carve out a little hole in the sand for my belly and lay face down. I think about it every day. Man, I miss sleeping on my stomach. Since I haven't been at my current spa for a year yet, I have no accrued vacation time so I have to make up every hour I take off. This means that I'll be working like a madwoman leading up to our trip to try to make up as much time as I can. I still can't get over how slow the first half of the pregnancy seemed to go and how it just feels like time is constantly slipping away. I think once we have our showers and get the nursery ready, I'll feel a little better about the situation. Right now we have about 6 onesies and a few bibs. We really need to get registered, but just thinking about that makes me anxious. We need so much stuff!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess|1357741906|3351208 said:
Prana, hope you're doing well. Today is the due date, yeah? As a massage therapist, I'm going to recommend that you get thee to a spa for a little pampering to help with the pain. :) I have so many pregnant clients that come in at the very end of their pregnancies and they always say it's the best thing they've done for themselves. Most of the time they just sleep through it, but it's so good to get that rest.

LTS, I'm going to recommend a massage for you, too! In fact, I think we should all go get massages! Glad to hear the head cold is on it's way out.

Oooooo, now I just have to figure out a way to make this a valid excuse - "Travel Goddess SAID I should!! :bigsmile: I really could go for a good massage. Everything is so tense right now.

The babymoon sounds fantastic! Here's hoping your work schedule works out for you - I would be so looking forward to that too - especially the belly in the sand part!! :cheeky: You sound like me with getting things ready - I feel so far behind, haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results