carat
color
clarity

You know you're a PSer when . . .

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
distracts|1341633389|3229936 said:
When you used to say you preferred buying books but suddenly prefer getting them from the library in order to save up another $20 a week for bling... it adds up over time!

So this!!! However, it applies to most other things I used to save for! So insert yarn instead of books! :D :D

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
When your birthday wish list includes calipers!
Also that you have perfected a poker face for those moments when someone waves one of those princess stone invisible set mall rings and says look what I got isn't it beautiful? It's 2 cts!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you work towards collecting gemstone rings, earring drops and necklaces in all of the colors of the rainbow...

When the owner of your favorite jewelry store shoos the salesperson away so she can help you herself, telling them "She knows what she's talking about." (In other words, "you're not experienced enough to deal with her"!)

When moving across the country you worry less about packing and moving all of your stuff than you do about packing and moving your bling. (Loose gems, rings, necklaces, earrings, oh my!)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WF is opening a B&M store just down the road from my house and I'm going no matter how crappy I feel! August 12....here I come!!!

Lori

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Elisateach|1341672020|3230079 said:
When your birthday wish list includes calipers!
Also that you have perfected a poker face for those moments when someone waves one of those princess stone invisible set mall rings and says look what I got isn't it beautiful? It's 2 cts!!!
Just got mine in the mail today! My coworkers must think I'm crazy - this is the latest after a diamond tester, 30x loupe, microscope, etc ;-)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when . . . white diamonds are looked back on as your introduction to Fancy Colored Diamonds.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you're at a red light and the guy behind you honks because you're too distracted by the flashes of color coming off your diamond to notice that the light changed.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1341893983|3231425 said:
When you're at a red light and the guy behind you honks because you're too distracted by the flashes of color coming off your diamond to notice that the light changed.
Ooh, this is a good one!
I imagine most of us have been there. ::)

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
You know how to put your hand lotion on to avoid the stone but the back of the ring doesn't count and you think how other PSers would not be amused by this.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you are outside photographing your diamonds and hear two of your neighbors engage in what sounds like a Jerry Springer worthy spat and you don't even consider taking a peek or rubber necking because the light is JUST RIGHT and if you leave, even for a minute, it might change and you wouldn't be able to get perfect picture number 303849 of your rings.

radiantbeauty

Shiny_Rock
...........When your *family* pictures are pictures of your jewelry

...........When you set up a *photo shoot* of your jewelry

...........When you see or hear of a celebrity getting engaged, you Google her just to see if you can get a closer look of the details of her ring

...........When you're watching TV, spot a lady's engagement/wedding ring, pause the show, and super zoom at just the right angle just so you can see the details of her ring

I know I'm late to this, but just had to post. This is a super fun thread! I can relate it to all! :naughty:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
.....when you go into bathroom to brush your teeth in the morning, and pick up your alternate toothbrush to clean your diamonds instead! And then leave forgetting to brush your teeth.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
…when driving and seeing the license plate of the car in front of me had “MRB” in it. I instantly thought it was part of a sparklie fiend’s vanity plate. But no…it was a regular plate number. :bigsmile:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
.....when you go into bathroom to brush your teeth in the morning, and pick up your alternate toothbrush to clean your diamonds instead! And then leave forgetting to brush your teeth.

Or when you’re brushing your actual teeth with your ultrasonic toothbrush and you decide to hit your rings with it also. :lol:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
You watch the movie Along Came A Spider and from the point in the film where the kidnappers ask for $10 million in diamonds - half carat each, D colour and SI2 - you cannot focus on anything else in the film. Why? Why SI2 clarity? WHY?!!!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I just realized I dug up this oldie but goodie thread that is almost 10 years old!

How about this one.....your teens find a mandrel in your night stand and think it's some type of kinky toy.....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You pick out your shirt for the day based on the necklace you want to wear

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results