shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this round please

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
I am close to pull the trigger on this round brilliant and i would like your opinion please.
the dimensions are based on EGL :
1.02 carat i si1
Depth :64.6%
Table : 61%
Crown : 15.8%
Pavillion :44.3%
Is there any simulated online link where you can throw in those numbers and it gives you an idea about the performance?
what do you think of the depth? is there any hint from the pics or the videos (especially the static first frame of both vid) to the dreaded darkness under the table?
Please advise

img_7463-xl.jpg

img_7457-xl.jpg

img_7448-xl.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look dark under the table to me. And keep in mind an EGL I SI1 may be a GIA J/K I1...

The table is large too. I'd pass unless this is the look you are going for. Are you looking for an ideal cut?

bonne403

Rough_Rock
I agree with the table concerns. Though I wanted to chime in and say that for an EGL I, that is very white! I always hear that EGL is soft on color grading but (from what I can see), I don't see much (any?) color at all.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An unusually large table for an old cut stone.

A bit off topic but does anyone else find the videos actually unhelpful in evaluating the diamond? I love videos in that I can see how the diamond performs in motion but with an uncontrolled background, and it being viewed so far away, I cannot make out details that I normally love about OECs and transitionals. It is also moving too quickly for me to understand what I am seeing too.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
ecf8503|1354292959|3319284 said:
It does look dark under the table to me. And keep in mind an EGL I SI1 may be a GIA J/K I1...

The table is large too. I'd pass unless this is the look you are going for. Are you looking for an ideal cut?
For sure the ideal cut is to go for but if you factor in the price is the opinion remains the same, this one runs for 3800?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1354303046|3319422 said:
An unusually large table for an old cut stone.

A bit off topic but does anyone else find the videos actually unhelpful in evaluating the diamond? I love videos in that I can see how the diamond performs in motion but with an uncontrolled background, and it being viewed so far away, I cannot make out details that I normally love about OECs and transitionals. It is also moving too quickly for me to understand what I am seeing too.

Yeah, JBEGs videos are not always the best in terms of showing off how the diamond performs. I appreciate that they try, and it is definitely more useful than no video, but they often don't capture the kinds of motions and lighting situations that I'd most like to see.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is more J or K and/or SI2, the price drops off dramatically...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doc_1|1354307547|3319501 said:

For sure the ideal cut is to go for but if you factor in the price is the opinion remains the same, this one runs for 3800?
not worth anywhere close to $3800 for sucha poorly cut stone... :knockout: if this was a well cut MRB stone it'll probably weight like .75 ct.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to tell you that I remember the gorgeous ring and earrings you had made previously. So I will be honest and tell you that this diamond is not even close to being in the the same class as your earlier ones.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1354321980|3319662 said:
I have to tell you that I remember the gorgeous ring and earrings you had made previously. So I will be honest and tell you that this diamond is not even close to being in the the same class as your earlier ones.

Thank you very much, the problem is the inflation between then and now, the ring and earrings were purchased in 2008. 1 carat and above went up in price significantly since then. i looked at GOG inventory first and i was having hard time finding a well cut diamond 1 carat round h/i vs1-si1 for less than 6000.
Erica made a great effort putting out high resolution pics and many videos to present her stones i give her credit for that. only if i can have and ASET to that stone, i will put my worries to rest.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
RhinoDiva|1354353757|3319799 said:
It strikes me as odd that the diamond would be showcased on such a colorful and busy background. Usually dealers show diamonds on black, grey, or white backgrounds.

For what it's worth, I would never buy an EGL certified diamond due to that grading lab's history of leniency in grading (good for the jeweler, bad for the buyer). You want to make sure you're comparing apples to apples, so IMO you really can't compare an EGL cert to a GIA cert.
First the diamond in the pics and in the videos picks those colors in the back ground, would that mean it has more green on ASET if done than red, I hope some one will chime in on that, i could be wrong but attracting the colorful back ground in shade is the function of 0-45 degrees.
On the other hand that diamond in the sun light was firing like a mad man so the 45-75 degree function (red on ASET) is maintained as well. Am i wrong and if so someone who knows please correct me and guide me.
as far as being EGL certified it is not a factor for me here, am looking at it as is and trying to get from the info furnished in the pics and vids as much as i can to make a decision since i cannot see it in person, any similar specs GIA well cut will run in 6000 and above.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
04diamond<3|1354369229|3319839 said:
I don't understand this. This vendor, as far as I know, always showcases her pieces in natural light. And - EGL certified stones are not all crap. You just have to do a bit more research.

OP - Based on the stats you gave, this stone is a 6.1 on the HCA scale which is terrible. I'm currently selling an EGL certified stone and just reduced the price to $2,850 for a PSer. It scored a 4.6 which is better than this stone - obviously it's not an H&A, but it's beautiful and bright and has great facets. Let me know if you have any questions. If not, no worries, but I'd find a better stone than this one.

Would you please post pics and link to vid, including specs. If you have ASET that would be great?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
A link to a video is greatly appreciated.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I will do a video, but if you could message me on DB, I will email it to you.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
you can post the link to the vid here for every one to see. thank you.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Mean while if the opinion which will help me making a decision will be based on the pics and especially the videos rather than the numbers of EGL, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all for chiming in.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
more pics from the vendor

img_7451-xl.jpg

img_7456-xl.jpg

img_7458-xl.jpg

img_7459-xl.jpg

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
finally

img_7460-xl.jpg

img_7461-xl.jpg

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
seems you have vid for a ring different than the one posted with sapphire?
which diamond are you selling? what is the ring size of the one in the video?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doc, you need to talk to her about the diamond on her preloved thread. She technically cannot discuss a stone she is selling over here in Rocky Talky.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the note, did not know i was crossing the line of the forum. I conclude this thread as nay for that diamond and am on the quest for a new diamond may be from GOG when i get the necessary budget for it...(May be for a Solasfera) :naughty:
thanks every one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doc_1|1354410874|3320210 said:
Thank you for the note, did not know i was crossing the line of the forum. I conclude this thread as nay for that diamond and am on the quest for a new diamond may be from GOG when i get the necessary budget for it...(May be for a Solasfera) :naughty:
thanks every one.

Haha! Well a Solasfera would be nice! BUT, may I suggest a beautiful AVR instead because I think that would be most complimentary to her AVC?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

The table is large too.
Well said.
A bit of a strange combo that just doesn't work well.
It also faces up small for its weight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results