shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this the right ring?

dontmindme

Rough_Rock
Hello folks,

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right place..

I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend & best friend of 3+ years. I have an opportunity coming up that I think makes sense, and her folks are even going to be in town with us for a few days - so I can probably even get her dad's permission and all that fun stuff :)

SO, a few months back she got all hopped up on engagement rings and she (like myself) is pretty particular, so she spent a few months researching and discovering what she likes/doesn't like, etc, etc (I have been pretty involved too :) ) She actually spent a lot of time on Price Scope, getting advice and help from the nice folks here.

She went from considering a sapphire, to not being so sure, to recently resolving that she wants an antique diamond in a modern setting. Cool... but like I said - she's very particular and while I pretty much know exactly what she wants - I'm quite hesitant to pick something out for her myself. Frankly, I think it would be fun to look together for a stone and get it set, but I also really want to give her the excitement and surprise of a proposal she doesn't know is coming.

So what I've decided to do it get her a different ring to propose with, something I know she's had her eye on for a long time. Something I know she'll wear on her right hand so we can then focus on finding her the exact antique diamond/ring she loves for her left hand, but she can still always wear her "proposal ring" too.

Does that make sense? Hopefully :s

So the thing she's be eyeing for awhile is a semi eternity band with emeralds. I thought that was a pretty good candidate, plus it would go perfectly with the other ring I got her awhile back (sort of a promise ring type thing) which is a stackable diamond semi-eternity ring. She plans to put her current diamond one on her right hand when we get engaged, so I figure the emerald one would go nicely with that.

Now.. I just need some reassurance, or guidance as to where to get this ring from. I found one I like in about the price-range I want to spend on Allurez.com: https://www.allurez.com/gemstone/gemstone_wedding_bands/emerald_semi-eternity_band_stackable_ring_in_14k_white_gold_0.38_ct/pid/300/51

So.. Thoughts?

damons

Shiny_Rock
Hello. This forum doesn't get too much traffic, so you may want to post this elsewhere to get some opinions. I would recommend the "Ladies in Waiting" forum. There are a lot women there that can give an opinion.

Personally, I would pick out the engagement ring myself based on what you know she wants. I think that by picking out the ring yourself, it shows that you paid attention to the details that she has told you she wants in a ring. Then you can propose, and it will be a complete surprise. Also, as soon as she tells her friends that she is engaged, the first thing they are going to do is ask to see the ring.

I know that there are a lot of women out there that believe that they should be the ones picking out the ring, so obviously, it is a personal decision. I would ask the ladies in waiting, and see what they say.

winterlover

Rough_Rock
I saw your other post and I think you have a really great idea to buy a ring to present at the proposal in lieu of the ring your SO is picking out, and the ring you're presenting is one she can wear as a regular ring.

If you're just looking for a ring made that has a particular appearance, made from decent materials, not too expensive, I think Allurez is fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results