shape
carat
color
clarity

Did anyone see that big Lemony is up for grabs?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sad to see the beautiful 5+ carat yellow pear on JBEG site but I'm very excited to see if another PSer gets it and what they do with it. I loved the halo setting it was once in (what happened to that? Did she end up selling it?) but I know it has tons of potential no matter how its set.

The price is great IMO for what it is~25k!

I went to add the link but it's in their sneek peek newsletter-does anyone have a link? It should be up soon I'm sure!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I love that ring! Sorry to see it is up for sale.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Oh No! I thought she loved that ring and I also loved it as a halo. Going to go look at it now.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the muliple posts guys-seems like when the site was crashing that posts got posted a few differnet times.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1352744721|3304408 said:
Sorry for the muliple posts guys-seems like when the site was crashing that posts got posted a few differnet times.
It was funny--I just thought you were SO SHOCKED that it was for sale you couldn't contain yourself and kept on reposting. :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1352745205|3304430 said:
vintagelover229|1352744721|3304408 said:
It was funny--I just thought you were SO SHOCKED that it was for sale you couldn't contain yourself and kept on reposting. :cheeky:

Hahaha- I thought the same thing! :cheeky:

Wish I had 25K- I love this stone. :love:
I just hope the original owner is selling it for a huge upgrade and not out of necessity.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it's not a divorce:(

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do know it's not a divorce but I'm not quite sure why-probably since 25k is a lot of money and it can do a lot if it's not tied up in a ring.

It's stunning though. I couldn't rock it but I know there are ladies here who could!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I too hope this sale is coming from a positive place. She has loved that ring for a long time.

25k is a smoking hot deal for a 5ct stone! I wish I wish!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm surprised since I thought Amethyste adored her ring! Hope it sells quickly for her.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1352749101|3304539 said:
probably since 25k is a lot of money and it can do a lot if it's not tied up in a ring.

Are you sure that's Lemony?

I know Amethyste loved her ring and I'm sorry she's letting it go, but you're right, that is a lot of money. I hope this is a positive move for Amethyste.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyste, if you are reading this we hope you are well and miss you and hope you come back to PS soon!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I saw this and also hope it is a sale from a good place. Such a LOT of diamond for that price! The original setting was gorgeous, but I love the fluid lines of the one it is in now. Does anyone else think it looks very exposed and vulnerable to damage though? I'd be scared to wear it, but just SO pretty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1352762015|3304765 said:
I saw this and also hope it is a sale from a good place. Such a LOT of diamond for that price! The original setting was gorgeous, but I love the fluid lines of the one it is in now. Does anyone else think it looks very exposed and vulnerable to damage though? I'd be scared to wear it, but just SO pretty!

Yes, I think the stone would be in danger in the current setting. To be honest, I do not like that setting at all with this diamond. It is good for the buyer that the old setting is included.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside from the safety factor I don't mind the current setting, BUT I'd put it back in its 3-stone setting in a heartbeat! That was perfection!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I was sad to see it listed too! I hope everything's ok! It seems like such a good deal. Wouldn't it be pretty in a 22k gold bezel and yellow cup? With an eternity of super white bezeled round brilliants? Not that I was planning it all out or anything...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1352748674|3304527 said:
why would a divorce have anything to do with selling the ring? .. :confused: doesn't the wife get to keep the ring?.. :read:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1352784736|3305022 said:
AprilBaby|1352748674|3304527 said:
why would a divorce have anything to do with selling the ring? .. :confused: doesn't the wife get to keep the ring?.. :read:

I think it's safer to just not speculate on her personal life. :)) Whatever circumstances A's going through.. if she wanted to share, she would. These conversations are more sensitive than other surface conversations we have on PS.. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1352753077|3304628 said:
Wow, I'm surprised since I thought Amethyste adored her ring! Hope it sells quickly for her.
are you sure this is her ring?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF - it looks like it... they're selling the 3-stone setting along with the new setting. I wish I could buy it - it looks like a terrific buy, and I thought that 3-stone was perfect! :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is her ring and she is not getting divorced. If she wants to say more, she can. 8)

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hello Everyone! :wavey:

I am not getting a divorce. My hussband is my rock. Actually, he was sad that I decided to sell my ring. Basically, it comes down to the fact that I have overgrown my desire to have a big diamond. I know it is silly in many ways, but for me who wears second hand clothes and living in the woods, having a honking ring just didn't seem right. Plus, like many people who are going through these times, we are trying to consolidate our lifestyles and to keep it streamlined so that we can go by on basically not much :)

I didn't wear lemony for a long long time before manking the decision, it was actually painless to send her to JBEG. I am sad there is no doubt there. But I am glad she will make another person smile. She has a lot of personality! :)

Thank you for wondering... I am well. Actually I feel good about my decision to sell her. Maybe I see a nice sapphire ring in the near future :)

May you all be well. <3

justginger

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Hi Ame! I'm so relieved to hear that you are doing well. I have no doubt Lemony will make someone very, very happy! It sounds like a well reasoned and peaceful decision. :))

*begins rooting around in cupboards for $25k of spare change* :naughty:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Ame,

We've missed you around these parts. I'm glad that you made what was the right decision for yourself and that it was on your terms. I can only hope that Lemony goes to a PSer so that she stays in the family!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1352807701|3305128 said:
Hi Ame,

We've missed you around these parts. I'm glad that you made what was the right decision for yourself and that it was on your terms. I can only hope that Lemony goes to a PSer so that she stays in the family!

So glad you are well! Hope you stay around a bit. :appl: I also second the hope that a PSer buys this beauty!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I do miss hanging out here actually... But everytime I do for a while, I get hungry for jewelry and it is not the best for me at the moment.

On a serious note, most of you know that I am a musician. I sing and I also have taken a lot of interest in the "Theremin".
That has taken a lot of my time and passion. I guess I have just traded my passion of jewelry for something else. And that something else is really a fulfilling one. It fulfills my soul and my desire to create. Please I hope no one thinks that what I am saying is silly to love jewelry: It does have it's merit, and I still admire jewelry on people, and can admire creativity in that domain. Just no longer is a desire in myself to own such creativity...

Besides, I have always been a sapphire person. Who knows right? :) Maybe my husband will surprise me with something scrumptious later down the line :)

For anyone who would like to see what the theremin is like, please visit this link.: Gabriel's Oboe (By Morricone) on Theremin.

**edited by moderator. please no personal video links**

I'll be staying for a little while :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Very glad to hear all is well, Ame. Looking forward to seeing your sapphire ring on SMTB sometime soon! I adore your ruby ring.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you still wear the ruby ring? That was a stunner.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
ame|1352813912|3305234 said:
Do you still wear the ruby ring? That was a stunner.

no. I do not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results