shape
carat
color
clarity

Cincinnati Winter Proposal

TheDude4no1

Rough_Rock
Hey all!

I was hoping you might be interested in throwing me a few ideas on proposing to my girlfriend.

This is a little hard because I was engaged once before and my current girlfriend knows all about it. Unfortunately I sort of out did myself the first time and I feel like its going to be hard to top the second time around.

I live in Cincinnati, OH. For my first proposal I took us on a weekend winter vacation to the mountains in Gatlinburg, TN. And we had it all! We stopped at a local winery for dessert wines. There was a constant fire in the fireplace. The chalet had a mountain view from the hot tub on the deck. We were lucky enough to get a day of warmer weather (about 55 degrees). I took her to one of the tallest waterfalls in Gatlinburg, Mingo Falls. It was private, secluded, and extremely beautiful. We were all alone on the bridge when I dropped to one knee and asked her to marry me.

::This proposal was a success but the relationship was not. The wedding never happened::

Fast forward to now. I'm still in Cincinnati and I'm hoping to give this girl the proposal of her dreams! My plan was to propose in the fall with the leaves changing and falling. It's her favorite time of the year and its very beautiful if you're in the right setting. Unfortunately a local jeweler I went to kinda screwed up. This pushed back my ability to propose.

So here I am in frigid Cincinnati during cold and flu season. I know she dreams of a carriage ride, but I've done this before and I can assure you that smelling horse poo is NOT romantic. I thought about having dinner downtown, maybe a carriage ride through part of the city, and getting a suite for a few nights that overlooks the river. Sort of a stay-cation.

Maybe wait for ice skating on Fountain Square?

I also thought about taking another weekend getaway, but I'm not sure where we could easily travel and enjoy ourselves. Gatlinburg is obviously an exhausted resource! Chicago this time of year is ridiculously cold. "Please remove your warm glove so I can slide this ice on your finger."

Thoughts?

TheDude4no1

Rough_Rock
I also planned to play a little prank on her too. I've heard that she had her heart set on a 1 ct center stone. I bought her a 1.31 ct stone, but I'd like to have a gag ring too. Something around 3.5-4mm cubic zirconia. Anyone know where I could find such a ring in a size 4.5 in a somewhat timely manner?

I know it sounds mean, but she'll definitely appreciate the joke. And she'll appreciate the diamond that much more!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pop over to your local mall and look for Claire's or similar cheap store. Bonus points if the ring doesn't fit :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results