shape
carat
color
clarity

Facebook Bling

audball

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1336747651|3192983 said:
No on outside of the PS/good jewelry wearing community actually KNOW to take off their rings for such things. Or even to clean them at all! At family gatherings, I bring around amug with dish liquid and warm water and clean all the lady's rings with a toothbrush. They think I'm nuts, but it makes me feel better!
I literally just about died when I read this. Holy cow hilarious.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336750916|3193047 said:
StacylikesSparkles|1336747651|3192983 said:
No on outside of the PS/good jewelry wearing community actually KNOW to take off their rings for such things. Or even to clean them at all! At family gatherings, I bring around amug with dish liquid and warm water and clean all the lady's rings with a toothbrush. They think I'm nuts, but it makes me feel better!
I literally just about died when I read this. Holy cow hilarious.

The sad part is that it's true! :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
I never doubted that it was!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1336615437|3191719 said:
those of you who don't feel that you would feel comfortable posting your ring, just curious but did you have a say in picking it out?

I picked the setting and shape of the center stone. DH selected my amazing center stone with assistance from PSers and minor input from me (not too color sensitive, so he went down in color a little and up in size / with ideal cut and blue fluor it looks white as can be!). I have received compliments on my ring from friends, family members and strangers without making any effort to show the ring. Shame, embarrassment and dislike play no part in my lack of interest in posting close-ups on FB.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
those of you who don't feel that you would feel comfortable posting your ring, just curious but did you have a say in picking it out?
I picked my ring and I love it! Again, I think close up shots are meant for good friends only (and PS!!) and frankly there are a lot of people on my FB friend's list that I'm just not close with. I think unprompted close up shots of my ring could offend or draw criticism from those who don't know me that well, therefore I left it up to my friends to ask personally for a pic and I texted it to them or they saw it in person.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gem_anemone|1337278043|3197476 said:
I picked my ring and I love it! Again, I think close up shots are meant for good friends only (and PS!!) and frankly there are a lot of people on my FB friend's list that I'm just not close with. I think unprompted close up shots of my ring could offend or draw criticism from those who don't know me that well, therefore I left it up to my friends to ask personally for a pic and I texted it to them or they saw it in person.

Ditto!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think after thinking about it more, you ladies have a great point. I was just curious to see if that had a factor at all in posting it, but I forget sometimes that we are in such a materialistic-driven world that it's just not always appropriate to display these types of things among all your virtual friends, especially if you aren't as close with them. That being said, I will most likely still post *some* picture of my ring, but definitely not a close-up photo to the detail that I would post here on a diamond aficionado oriented forum. But we'll see how I feel about it when the time comes ::)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump. Now that the "time" has been getting imminently closer… I've been thinking about this more.
Suggestions? I still stand by the fact that I will not post any ring-shots like I do here. A further away shot, where you can see there's a ring but no details, is okay with me.

I thought of something funny/silly.. but I like cheesy-romantic, too. The left ring finger salute looks way too rude, and similar to flipping the bird. I'm not fond of that at all.

I like something like this, lmao.

41165784064455128_ygesvu53_f.jpg

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
That's hilarious, madelise! :lol:

I suggest you do it. It's your moment, enjoy it! Just don't go making it your "cover" picture- that's just over kill.

Since I never answered this post back when originally posted, if FB is still around when my time comes, then I probably will. :read: Tasteful shots, and there won't be 800 million pictures of it, either.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol, I just found out those cover photos can't be made private. Yeah, no thanks, I don't want old high school people that I keep rejection friend requests from to be looking at the photos and zooming in or whatever, lol!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Madelise, yesss do something fun with it!

I was thinking about this again, and I'm wondering if I really would post pictures (I replied that I would earlier). I don't like to give much away in general, so it'd kind of go against the grain if I did. I don't even like the idea of changing my relationship status! The thought of everyone commenting 'FINALLY' makes me feel all irrational like 'YOU DON'T KNOW ME!' Ha ha. Way too emotional right, yikes.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
FYI in case you don't already know... not only are the cover photos "public" on FB and you can't make them private...every new profile picture you set is automatically set to "public". You have to go in to the profile pictures album and change the photo to "friends" EVERY TIME you put up a new one if you don't want non-friends to see it! :nono:

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Im sure I will post some pics of some sort - I live ~1000 miles from all my family. Most of my friends are also out of state/not-seeable. So they will pester Im sure. Of course I doubt I will post more than one or two total and not in detail like here on PS.

I imagine I will do stuff like the attached :) but with a ring

ignorant.jpg

ig2.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1348633404|3274733 said:

I was thinking about this again, and I'm wondering if I really would post pictures (I replied that I would earlier). I don't like to give much away in general, so it'd kind of go against the grain if I did. I don't even like the idea of changing my relationship status! The thought of everyone commenting 'FINALLY' makes me feel all irrational like 'YOU DON'T KNOW ME!' Ha ha. Way too emotional right, yikes.

Ditto.

I have been thinking about this lately... Just like Madelise, I think I will post pictures of us so that you can tell there is a ring there but no details. His mom, sister and family live a ways away so I could see emailing them a couple pictures of the ring but I dont think there will be any up close shots on FB... too public and too much criticism.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gem_anemone|1348657183|3274810 said:
FYI in case you don't already know... not only are the cover photos "public" on FB and you can't make them private...every new profile picture you set is automatically set to "public". You have to go in to the profile pictures album and change the photo to "friends" EVERY TIME you put up a new one if you don't want non-friends to see it! :nono:

That explains it. I just had to go into my SO's FB account a few nights ago cus I couldn't figure out why ONE of his profile photos were public. I went back and fixed mine, too.

That's annoying. I hate all of FB's changes.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I read the bolded part in those attitude-y accents of those ever so pleasant women on Jerry Springer/ Maury. "SIT DOWN! SIT DOWN! YA'LL DONT KNOW ME! YA'LL DON'T KNOW ME! SIT DOWN! I AM A HUNREDEN TEN POCENT SHO HE DA FATHER"

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1348680372|3274984 said:

I read the bolded part in those attitude-y accents of those ever so pleasant women on Jerry Springer/ Maury. "SIT DOWN! SIT DOWN! YA'LL DONT KNOW ME! YA'LL DON'T KNOW ME! SIT DOWN! I AM A HUNREDEN TEN POCENT SHO HE DA FATHER"

:lol:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah I noticed that. I happened to "stumble" onto the ex's page and saw a picture of him and his gf that's I've heard is 8 years his senior Seems fitting- now he's got an older woman to take care of him... much like his mother. Glad I'm away from that hot mess. :lol:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1348688358|3275072 said:

Dude, thats exactly how I said in my head it as I typed it! :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1348707123|3275200 said:
antiquesparkler|1348688358|3275072 said:

Dude, thats exactly how I said in my head it as I typed it! :lol:

LOL! I can't help it :oops: Everytime someone says "you don't know me", or "I'm 100% sure", that pops in my head. Like, no! "I'm sure" isn't as positive as "I'm 100% sure"? What were you, only 99% sure? Then you're not sure at all! LOL! I'm 110% sure! No, scratch that, I'm 200% sure that he the baby daddy!

I make fun of it so much that I think I'm going to have to incorporate it into my "pregnancy announcement" with SO in the future.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1348695532|3275126 said:

Yeah I noticed that. I happened to "stumble" onto the ex's page and saw a picture of him and his gf that's I've heard is 8 years his senior Seems fitting- now he's got an older woman to take care of him... much like his mother. Glad I'm away from that hot mess. :lol:

Ha I'll try not to take offense to that since I am 6.5 years older than my husband! :wink2:

BeautyQueen

Rough_Rock
E-ring Photo bombing!! :Up_to_something: i like it

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I like LJL's idea of the sly action shot. I wouldn't want to post just the hand shot even though many of my friends have...it just seems too obvious. some of my close friends know I love looking/talking about rings too so I feel like it would be strange if I didn't post at least one picture showing it, although it will obviously not be in the caliber of the macro shots that we post here ;-)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BeautyQueen|1348750462|3275425 said:
E-ring Photo bombing!! :Up_to_something: i like it

HAHAHAHA! "Oh, how did THAT get in there?"

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I actually posted a ring picture as my cover photo, BUT it's the way it's taken that I love, not the fact that it's our rings. We're doing a pinky swear and I just LOVE how it looks. I haven't gotten any negative comments (in fact, my photographer was told it was the best ring picture they'd ever seen by some friends), but I wouldn't care anyway.

pinky_swear.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
love that shot Stacy!!! congrats on your recent marriage too :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1349096877|3277307 said:

Thank you! It feels awesome being his Mrs :love:

I posted a few more pictures (the teasers from our photographer) in BWW. :)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1349087755|3277250 said:
I actually posted a ring picture as my cover photo, BUT it's the way it's taken that I love, not the fact that it's our rings. We're doing a pinky swear and I just LOVE how it looks. I haven't gotten any negative comments (in fact, my photographer was told it was the best ring picture they'd ever seen by some friends), but I wouldn't care anyway.

Love your rings!!! Gorgeous! :love:

His is very classy as well. Great pic!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't post any pictures on fb. I'm not on fb much so I feel like it would come off as being showy and obnoxious to post photos of my ring when I rarely post photos at all... But there are a few photos floating around fb where you can see my ring--I just didn't take them or post them!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1349099458|3277335 said:
pandabee|1349096877|3277307 said:

Thank you! It feels awesome being his Mrs :love:

I posted a few more pictures (the teasers from our photographer) in BWW. :)

Lovely set! Off to check out your teasers in BWW! I love looking at people's wedding photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results