shape
carat
color
clarity

From RB D Color to AVR ??? Color

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of AVR and is thinking about getting one but since I've never seen one IRL I'm not sure how low of color I can go.(I've seen some old cut diamond and doesn't want anything lower than G color but since AVR is ideal cut I'm not sure if it will appear whiter) My current e-ring is the only diamond I've ever had and it's AGS000 D color. I'd hope I can go lower in color on AVR so I can get a larger stone but I'm scared of not liking the lower color since I'm so used to D color. Johnathan suggested me to have one shipped to see it and compare before I decide and I'm just not sure which color to look at.
Any advice? =(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, since I JUST did that very thing, I will tell you my opinion! I have a G rb that is very white, but that is still a few grades below D! I decided that I could go a little lower in an antique style stone. But I found that I could see the warmth in AGS I color. That is definitely my cut off. I am going to try to get an H but if not, I'll consider I. What size stone are you wanting? Availability is a real factor in deciding on color. I adore the diamond, though. That I am 100% sure of!

Without knowing the size stone you are wanting, I am thinking you might want to stay no lower than the G or maybe H range.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I have been wearing an F for years and recently purchased an I. I noticed the difference without putting the two side by side. I would not describe the I as more yellowish than the F. I would describe it as colorless, clear, transparent, whereas the F icy white if you know what i mean.

I went from F to I because it gets me the biggest eye clean Ideal within (actually below) budget :) Size is my motivation. What's yours?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1347502123|3267249 said:
Well, since I JUST did that very thing, I will tell you my opinion! I have a G rb that is very white, but that is still a few grades below D! I decided that I could go a little lower in an antique style stone. But I found that I could see the warmth in AGS I color. That is definitely my cut off. I am going to try to get an H but if not, I'll consider I. What size stone are you wanting? Availability is a real factor in deciding on color. I adore the diamond, though. That I am 100% sure of!

Without knowing the size stone you are wanting, I am thinking you might want to stay no lower than the G or maybe H range.

Thanks for your input diamondseeker. I'm looking for somewhere around 1.25ct~

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
GreenBling|1347502990|3267257 said:
I have been wearing an F for years and recently purchased an I. I noticed the difference without putting the two side by side. I would not describe the I as more yellowish than the F. I would describe it as colorless, clear, transparent, whereas the F icy white if you know what i mean.

I went from F to I because it gets me the biggest eye clean Ideal within (actually below) budget :) Size is my motivation. What's yours?

Yeah, I'd like to spend as little difference in money to get up to 1.25 ct from 1ct but I don't really want to regret anything either =(

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a D color rb as well (w/ SB fluor), and I got a G color AVC and it is fine. Faces up nice and white but I can see a slight tint at an angle. That said I have a genuine OEC that is probably in the I-J range, and I can readily see the difference there but I don't mind it - maybe it's because I know it is old and it is "supposed" to be that way? I also had an L AVC for a short time and it was definitely too tinted for me.

I think G is acceptable. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, they only have I color at that size right now, so you may want to take a look at it just to know if you can tolerate the color. And if you can't, you can tell Jonathan you'd like a G or whatever and he can be looking out for a stone to recut or higher color rough.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I guess that's where I will start. Thanks you =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you'll be happy going to an I SI2. My advice is to save towards an upgrade that you will really love without compromising so many areas.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1347542712|3267408 said:
I don't think you'll be happy going to an I SI2. My advice is to save towards an upgrade that you will really love without compromising so many areas.

I guess. but that probably wouldn't happen any time soon since we are also currently trying to save for downpayment on the house as well. =(

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just because you can see color doesn't mean you are color sensitive. It just means your eye work. You are color sensitive if you can see it AND it bothers you. I just had a M/N OEC in my possession and that little sucker was gorgeous. Sure, I could see the tint, but it really worked for it.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1347552089|3267509 said:
Just because you can see color doesn't mean you are color sensitive. It just means your eye work. You are color sensitive if you can see it AND it bothers you. I just had a M/N OEC in my possession and that little sucker was gorgeous. Sure, I could see the tint, but it really worked for it.
From what i see. I do like the whiter color better. However i think i should probably give I color AVR a chance to see it in person

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then evaluate it by itself. Put your D in a safe or the bank. Then evaluate the I by itself. I've had D's completely out-white my HIGH GIA F (and that's before GIA got more lenient).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a E EC, H RB, J OEC and an L AVC. I can see the colour difference in all of them but love each one all the same. I'm sure you'll see the tint of the I AVC but the question should be whether you mind it or you need it to be a stark white, which a D coloured diamond shows.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like tint in MRBs but don't mind it in old cuts or old style cuts. My old cut is a K color, though it faces whiter.

See an I color in person and put the D color away. By itself if the only way to evaluate diamond color.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a good plan. I've always compared between diamonds. Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results