shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
Missy thanks for stopping by this thread. I know that I would have to get antibiotic through IV during delivery but it seems that taking antibiotic now doesn't make sense to me since they will give me antibiotic at delivery anyway. I'll probably call the doctor with my concern before taking antibiotic now though.

Hi Buttons! I'm hoping it will be smooth sailing from now on too. I imagine you will get to meet your little one pretty soon. Any sign of labor yet?

Haven you look great and what a cute bump you have.

monkeyprincess I remember it was really awkward when my co-worker had her work shower so I've told the girl I work with that I don't want a baby shower. I won't even have a baby registry. It would be nice to just go out to eat and it's up to them as far as gifts but i told them gifts were not necessary as well.

hello to everyone else I've missed :wavey:

-------

Went to babierus on labor day to look at cribs and car seat but walked out with some clothes instead. I feel completely overwhelmed trying to choose those big items. I really need to do more research. What kind of cribs do you guys have? I was looking at the Da Vinci 4-1 convertible crib on babierus.com but they don't carry it in the store so I couldn't see it in real life. I'm a very petite gal and I need a crib that's not too high from the ground. Any recommendations?

I'm loosing track of how far along I am. Should be 22 weeks and some days today. I have an ultrasound coming up on the 17th and I really hope my thyroid level would go down then.

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! :wavey:

monkeyprincess I love the origin of your screen name! That is adorable! I would require an entirely opposite moniker, whatever that might be... I am all body and no limbs... So glad to hear your work shower went off OK in the end. I have nothing intelligent to add to all the wonderful advice already re the thank you notes - I think I would probably do simple notes for the people who contributed to gifts and just leave them on their desks early some morning. It's funny, we seem to have a glut of lawyers on this thread at the moment?!? All of my colleagues are party animals though... :cheeky:

sunnyd hope you manage to escape the dreaded pregnancy congestion! :bigsmile: Now that I am 38 weeks I can rest the belly on my thighs when I'm sitting down - a wheelbarrow for transporting it to and from the bathroom would be marvellous though!

missrachel I wore a support band sometimes. Mine was a brand called Carriwell. I looked it up on Amazon.com and it only has two reviews and both of them are bad. I found it fine though - it didn't roll up or down on me, and it was sufficiently snug to keep my pants up if I wanted to use it to do that. I don't know though how effective I would say it was at providing support as it's really just a glorified belly band. Now that I don't have to haul myself in to the office every day I am not bothering with it any more as I did find it very warm (of course, I also had to wear nylons every day :knockout: ). I keep banging my bump against my desk too, not fun, not fun at all. So glad to hear you like your stroller so much, that is fantastic! And great news on your parents' move, it sounds like it will be a really good change for them and it will be so nice for you to have them nearby when the baby arrives.

Dandi awwww how cute do you look?!? And seriously woman I am still green with envy over that bathroom :Up_to_something: I wonder did the congestion cause the loss of taste/smell? If that was the culprit it should come back soon - hopefully it will, that sounds miserable not to be able to taste anything!

mlk my Mum is a real sweetie and I am so glad to have her nearby right now, specially as we have to move across country when baby is about two months old, so this time is very special. Sounds like you got an amazing deal on your Bugaboo, well done you! When is your scan again? That will be so exciting!

bibi I'm really hoping you get great news at your next appointment - in that there are no more health 'surprises' in store :bigsmile: I would be asking the same questions as you re the antibiotic. I am sure they will have good information for you when you get to talk to them. Yippee for baby clothes, aren't they just so tiny and adorable? :love: I have no advice re cribs as we haven't bought one but I'm sure the ladies on here or on the newborn thread will have lots of good recommendations! No signs of labour here yet, but still two weeks to go to EDD so I'm not expecting anything just yet 8)

===

AFM had my 38 week check up today (I'm 38+3) and all went very well. Blood pressure etc all good. They found leucocytes again so my sample is off to the lab once more but they said that's so common towards the end and not to even give it a second thought. I won't be so anxious about it this time as I was the last time it happened as all was fine then so I expect it's all fine again now. Bump is measuring bang on 38 weeks apparently, baby is in the best position for birth (don't move, baby!!!), and head is 4/5 engaged which is apparently great and also indicative of nothing much :cheeky: When she checked the baby's heartbeat the poor thing had the hiccups so we heard 'whoosh whoosh whoosh blip whoosh whoosh whoosh blip' it was so cute :love:

They said they'll do a sweep at the next appointment (in two weeks) if I want it. I have some work loose ends that need tying up so I don't feel mentally prepared to start thinking about all that kind of stuff for another couple of days yet. I am going to reflexology and acupuncture tomorrow and if I get all my work stuff done tonight/tomorrow morning I might start the evening primrose oil, walking, etc stuff to see about getting things moving. I did start drinking raspberry leaf tea yesterday but that's all I've done so far.

They gave me the dates for my next two appointments and said they'd see me at those 'if we don't see you in labour before then'. Eeek, it's all getting a bit real now!!!

Took a bump pic today, will try to attach it in the next post...

Take care ladies! :wavey:

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Bump pic as promised (hopefully)!

image-3059654547.jpg

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
Dandi you look great and what a gorgeous bathroom you have there :love:

Buttons when is your last day of work? i don't know why but i'm so excited for you right now. You look so cute at 38 weeks and I love your dress. I've took some pictures recently but I keep thinking I was looking at someone else's pictures. I don't find my bump to be that cute and my back is as flat and wide as a cutting board. Not attractive at all. I don't know how I'll look when I reach 38 weeks. You should start walking soon. My mom already told me to start walking everyday now. I started walking around the neighborhood after dinner now that it's cooler where I live.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Buttons you look so cute! Good to hear that everything is on track, I can't believe you only have two weeks left!

MP, yay for mostly non-awkward shower? My work shower is next week, and I'm wondering about how to do thank yous as well. The last woman we had a shower for brought in the baby and handed out little pictures with a generic message on it. Like a Vistaprint postcard thing. Which was fine for me to receive, but I don't want to offend anyone!

Rachel I've been thinking about getting the band. The one I'm thinking of from Motherhood looks like a back support brace thing, is that what you had in mind too? I still don't know if I want to spend the money at this point!

Bibi, we got the Europa Baby Palisades crib from BRU, and apparently it's popular because it's lower. They were out of stock for awhile, so we ordered from Target. It came and is not the right color (our fault, who knew they had TWO colors of cherry?!?!) so we have to reorder from BRU in the correct color (oy). But it looks good and my 5'5" self can reach in just fine! It got good reviews too, which was the most important part!

MLK, good work on the stroller deal! Ours is parked in the living room right now, and I also like pushing it around the house empty. Haha! What, it's practice! :cheeky:

AFM, 34 week check up today, I hope the doc will tell me where my baby is! I'm so curious to know if she's facing the right direction. I think she's face out, since I've got limbs coming out all over the place, but if she's head down at least that's a good start!

Here's me at 34 weeks of glory!

33w5dsunnyd.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
haven glad you're back and that the ms has relented a bit. btw, you look great!

mp glad the shower wasn't as awkward as it could have been! i would also do handwritten thank yous to hostesses & gift givers (as it appears you are doing). i like november brides idea for a group gift thank you too. oh & you look great too...all baby!!

mlk welcome :wavey: hoping you have a great scan!

buttons i'm sorry to hear you've had a few rough nights but, honestly, reading that made me feel so much better! the night before i had a fitful night of sleep (up for potty pit stops every 2 hours, like clockwork). then last night, i tried to go to bed early. i couldn't get comfortable & couldn't fall asleep. dh comes to bed, falls asleep in 5 seconds flat, and starts snoring right in my face. i ask him to roll onto his other side. his still asleep reply: he's slept on that side too many nights this week. eventually he rolls over but then his snoring actually gets louder! at 1am i grabbed my pillows, started sobbing, and went to sleep on the couch. he didn't even flinch. i just felt so tired & alone & misunderstood. :( i'm feeling a bit better today but still tired.
so neat that your mom made slip covers for the pram mattress. my mom texted yesterday that she has started on a christmas stocking for the baby. it's the first grandchild for my parents, they are pretty darn excited! is this the first grandchild for your mom? good luck tying up all your loose ends before baby's arrival! you look so cute! love that dress!

missrachel YAY for getting the stroller & lots of nursery progress & for your parents being closer :) 3 hours is really the perfect distance to live from your parents, imo. short enough for a day drive up & back if necessary. all of our parents are on the other side of the country, we really wish we could be closer, especially as we prepare for this little ones arrival.

dandiandi glad you are getting some relief from the congestion :) and you look so cute! we are just a couple weeks apart (i'm 25wks)!

bibiloves shopping for all the "stuff" is hard! we are 99% sure we're going with the davinci jenny lind (i think it's a 3-in-1). it's cheap & i like the vintage style. i really wanted the bratt decor wrought iron crib, but i figure the extra money in diapers would be better spent :razz:

:wavey: HI! Prana, sunnyd, fdl, and anyone else i missed!!

AFM, aside from my crying fit at 1am last night (read my response to buttons), things are chugging along. off to kentucky for my baby shower & visit with family next week. i'm looking forward to it but not super looking forward to the flight. i'm going solo & have a direct flight from L.A. but sitting in the cramped plane for 4+ hours is not topping my list of things to do right now. the baby has started kicking and moving so much more (at least, i can feel it so much more); dh got to feel a good kick for the first time last night :D he said, "whoa!" LOL. we sat in the guest bedroom/craft room, which is about to become the nursery trying to figure out a layout that would work. we got nowhere. oh well, we still have a bit of time & don't have anything actually purchased yet anyways...

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
So fun to see all the updated bump pictures today!

Buttons, you look so great at over 38 weeks! Just darling. Glad to hear little baby is in the perfect position, you lucky girl! Hoping you get everything done you need to get done soon and that you don't have to wait too much longer to meet your little one. So exciting!

Lulu, must be something going around because I had a really rough night last night too. I ended up staying up way too late and getting overtired, and then I just couldn't fall asleep or get comfortable all night. I'm a zombie today. Hopefully, we will both have restful nights tonight. Have a wonderful trip and shower!

Sunnyd, looking good! Hope you learn more about baby's position today. I've been obsessing about that lately, and I'm pretty sure my little guy is in a somewhat awkward position because he is pretty much stuck on the right side, but at least he is head down. Still plenty of time for them to spin. I've been trying not to lean back or lounge too much and to do a few forward inversions per spinning babies to see if that would encourage him to move a little bit, but no such luck yet.

Bibi, we got our crib from BRU. The brand is Baby Cache, and I think it is called the white curved essential or something like that. It looks great in our room and feels super sturdy, which is waht I was most concerned about. Have you heard of the book Baby Bargains? It has reviews of various products, including cribs, and is pretty helpful.

Dandi, you're moving right along and looking great! Just about to the third trimester! I also am extremely envious of that bathroom every time you post a picture! So glad to hear you have found a little sinus relief. DH was so kind to inform me that I have been snoring lately, which I blame on the sinuses. So very attractive I'm sure :)

MLK, I think everyone's pregnancies seem to go fast but our own. Don't worry, you will be this far along before you know it. To answer your question, work has been a little slow lately (as you can tell from the frequency of my posts) because they have really cut back on the new cases they are giving to me now that I'm creeping up on maternity leave. Consequently, my billables are not optimal right now, and I'm trying not to worry about it. I'm just going to play it by ear how it goes when I come back after the baby is born.

Rachel, that's great your parents will be closer. As I get closer to being a mom, I'm starting to get sad about the fact I don't live very close to my family. DH's family is in town, but it's just not the same. Oh, and the skin on my belly is sore and sensitive too, especially at night. It almost feels like it has been rubbed raw, but it doesn't look any different. Just keep reminding yourself that we are in the home stretch!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Bibi, they have some low profile cribs which I heard were good for shorter people. The Baby Bargains book recommends the Babyletto modo 3 in 1 crib for people under 5'5". You should definitely get the book - it provides letter grades for most baby products and tells you what to look for and what to avoid. It made the whole process much less overwhelming.

MP, glad your shower went well even though it was awkward. I am avoiding the whole shower thing as I work from home and my peers and team are all spread across the country. Also, same thing with family and friends so no personal shower either. We are fine just buying whatever we want ourselves.

Haven, great to hear from you again. Also, I'm happy to hear the MS has subsided a little bit. You look great!

Lulu, have fun at your baby shower in KY. Stay hydrated and try to get up as much as possible. My doctor also recommended low dose aspirin for the day before, of, and after my recent flights to the West Coast. You might want to call your doctor if you can about that.

Sunny, yay for 34 weeks. Your baby will be here so soon! Awesome news that she is heads down!

Wow, Butttons! 38 weeks. Time really does fly. You look great. I hope you are hanging in there.

Hi, MLK! :wavey:

Dandi, glad the Rhinocort has been helping your congestion. I have been using a saline spray daily in the shower which helps tremendously, but it will be great to be able to really breathe again after the baby is born! You look great!

Missrachel, thanks for the bench idea. I was thinking we need a place to put some storage bins for toys and the suggestion of combining that with seating is awesome. I will start looking this weekend!

AFM, we had a nice long weekend in CA. Got back late on Tuesday. Flights were tolerable, and the weather was great. I have one more flight next week which will be much shorter - about 1.5 hours - for work, and then that's it till the baby comes in early November. My SIL gave us 3 suitcases worth of baby loot and a pack n play. So, we have a ton of clothes, toys, etc now! My nephew is 4, and these are all inherited from him. Our furniture (crib, recliner/glider, and dresser) were delivered on Wednesday. Now, to decorate the room... We are going with a girly safari theme so I am planning to get the Lollipop Jungle bedding and some cute monkey/giraffe/elephant decals for the walls from Etsy. I had a 2-week check up yesterday. Everything seems fine for another 2 weeks - gained 3 lbs in the last 3 weeks... :o

31 weeks and 5 days

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
MP i hope you slept better last night! i did...feel asleep at a relatively normaly time. i think i only had one or two potty breaks :razz: once i get into my 3rd trimester, i'm afraid i'm just going to live in the bathroom...i pee sooo much! LOL

jgator girly safari theme?? i LOVE it! i just searched your bedding: so cute :) we talked to my doc about the flight at my last appt, he didn't mention low dose aspirins. just water & moving as much as possible but i might try to call and see. my last flight from L.A. to KY had terrible turbulence & we were basically told to keep our seatbelts on the entire 4+ hour flight. i hope that doesn't happen this time!

i tried to post a bump pic but PS hates me & won't let me post a pic. i'm getting big, that's all i know :razz:

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
Dandi- OMG Ive had nasal congestion since day 1 of this pregnancy.. which has sucked. Ive never had any issues before and its just gotten worse too.. Ive noticed Ill blow my nose and there just blood.. ughh its soo frustrating when you cant breathe!

Buttons- Thanks or posting all the tips for the congestion.. I was already doing the humidifier but its not working :( I totally feel you on the sleep front... One day i sleep good.. the next horrible.. and it continues.. Its been hard since hubby started rotations and he has been getting up early and late and all different times so its been hard being able to fall back asleep when i cant sleep anyways..Hopefully you get some good sleep these next coupons of weeks before baby arrives :) Glad your appt went well and you look so cute in your bump pic! :)

Haven- Your bump is so cute!! Glad you are starting to feel better finally! :)

mlk- Welcome!! Congrats!

sunnyd- You are almost there!!! Ive been trying to tell myself from day one that instead of being due on Nov 17.. im really due Dec 1 so that i dont get super impatient when Nov 17 comes and goes haha although i know i will be starting end of Oct .. So did your dr tell you how baby is?? I have been trying to figure this out myself because i can swear baby is still sideways in my belly and not head down like he is supposed to be..

missrachel- you are so lucky to have family so close! We just moved so we have absolutely NO family anywhere close to us.. I wish we had family only 40 minutes away!

Anyways, We've been so busy since we moved up here. We've had house guests almost the entire first month and I am so over house guests haha but we were just trying to be nice to help out friends who had to move up here too and find a place. We did get lucky and our friend moved into our apt place so we got a $500 referral bonus! We've gone into the city like 3 or 4 times, losing count at this point and the last time was the worst for me since I was just so tired and the heat and walking are getting to me.

I am 30 weeks today! Holy crap where has the time gone! I currently do NOT have a dr. Havent been able to see a dr since 22w6d. NJ is a PITA. Insurance still hasnt gone through, Ive been calling all kinds of drs trying to find one and keep getting denied because they dont take that insurance, they dont see patients privately, blah blah blah so finally one person told me I had to call the hospital referral service to get a doctor, and they give me 1 dr I can see out of 100 that deliver there.. What kind of crap is that. Im just so over it now I am just about to say forget it and just show up to the hospital when Im in labor Im so mad.

Has anyone had this horrible pain that is right under your breast in your ribs. Its not babys foot because its much higher than just my lower ribs. Its excruciating and only was getting better when i laid flat. Well lately that hasnt even being making it better and I cant even ride in a car right now it hurts when i sit up.. Ive had it for like a month now and I dont know what to do. I am calling this dr on Monday and just going to make an appt and deal with the insurance later because I need to go to the doctor!

We have moved the nursery around about 10 times at this point and changed what we want in there about the same haha. We are so indecisive but its a smaller room and has a weird shape so its hard to get stuff in there and still be functional. I still have so much I need to do in there, but being in pain all the time has kept me in the bed, so that has sucked. Im hoping to get some done, rest, get some more done rest and so on until I can get it all done. I still have ALL of the cloth diapers to wash... and add organizing the rest of our apt on top of that. We are unpacked but its just a mess and I cant stand to look at it, but cant do much so its been hard and I can have hubby do it because we think different and he wants to organize his way and I want to do it my way and I told him my way wins since Im the one whose going to be home with baby and doing house stuff so i need to be able to find and do stuff easier when its organized my way.. he finally agreed that was smart and has tried to relinquish control haha but its hard. I also thought he'd be gone from like 8am-5pm doing rotations but he actually got a decent schedule so he has been home so its hard to do anything because i feel like he's just staring at me waiting to give me him opinions which i dont want haha so I have a short time span of when i can get stuff done and then add the pain.. so nothing has gotten done..

Alright well enough with the complaining.. I feel like all I do is complain when Im actually really happy with the way things are going, just frustrated i havent been able to get more things done.. ughhh Well here is my belly pic... Definitely starting to pop.. 16 weeks on left and 29w6d on right!

318478_10101449383430832_192403117_n.jpeg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
BB...So, I haven't posted on FB in almost 2.5 years and your post brought me out. HI :wavey: and congratulations, you look fab! I live in NYC however I know many GYN's in NYC, NJ and I would be happy to try and get you a list of providers that take your insurance. If you feel comfortable sharing here, cool, if not, I'm not sure how to find you? I can't remember but I think you were also on PW, right?

There are some great OB's at Hackensack, and I can probably get you an introduction with some of the no-see docs if you want. Let me know how I can help.

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! Hope you all had a lovely weekend :wavey:

blondebunny sounds like we are in the same boat with all the house-moving and the stuff being all over the place! I have to do it all again though when baby is about 6 weeks old... not looking forward to that! :knockout: Sorry to hear about your congestion, hope you manage to get some relief soon. Maybe with the change in the weather now coming into the Autumn it will get a bit better. My midwives mentioned at my last appointment that the 30% increase in blood volume in pregnancy can lead to blood on the tissue when you blow your nose, and bleeding gums when you brush. I haven't had the bloody tissues but thought I'd mention it in case it was scaring you. I've had the pain under my bust too - just in one concentrated spot. missrachel mentioned earlier on that she had a similar pain and that her midwife called it a "hot spot" and that it's just stretching. Maybe you have the same thing? Hope you get the Dr situation sorted out soon, although sounds like your DH is a Dr so I guess you have a kind of a 'back up' in place? ;)) You look great in your bump pic!!! Yay for almost 30 weeks!

lulu hope your flight goes much better this time - four hours confined to a seat sounds like no fun at the best of times, never mind while pregnant! I laughed when you said my post made you feel better - happy to oblige!!! :bigsmile: I could post a hundred stories of nights just like the one you described, my most recent one was Saturday night. No fun at all. The Christmas stocking for baby is such a lovely thing to do - your Mom is so sweet!

JGator thanks for the compliment! Glad to hear your weekend went well. Your nursery sounds adorable, you will have to post pictures for us!

monkeyprincess thanks for the sweet words! When we move after baby is born I will be in the same boat as you - my parents will be three hours away and DH's parents will be about an hour away. It will be hard but it is the best move for us in the longer term. I hope maybe your Mom can come and stay for a little bit after baby arrives? Or failing that, lots and lots of Skype. Sending you lots of hugs!

sunnyd yay for 34 weeks! You look gorgeous, I love your bright blue top!!! How did the appointment go? Is baby cooperating? ::)

bibiloves I'm self-employed so no real last day of work as such, it's whenever I get my loose ends tied up. I am hoping that will be TODAY!!! I have planned lots of 'rewards' for myself for when I send off this last piece of work, just silly things like getting to wear the expensive but oh so gorgeous maternity nightie I bought for myself... :bigsmile: I will still have bits and pieces to do after today's stuff but they are small fry. Once this stuff is done I will be able to give myself the mental all-clear to go into labour and I will definitely start the walking then in earnest :cheeky:

===

AFM 39 weeks today! Woohoo!

DH's parents showed up unexpectedly yesterday and brought our crib which is so exciting! MIL also brought me a lovely card and a necklace and earrings and said that was to say that she knows towards the end everyone is all about the baby and they forget about the Mum and that she wanted me to know she's thinking of me. I was so touched, it was such a thoughtful thing to do.

Feeling really good after a great night's sleep last night, I'm in such a good mood today :bigsmile: I'm determined to get the last of my work stuff cleared out today and then I am just going to kick back and relax and wait for baby! I have all sorts of nice plans for being good to myself for the next couple of weeks ::)

The weather has turned here, it was a bit of an Indian Summer up to now but today it is drizzling. Feels appropriate to me somehow...

Hope you are all well ladies, take care :wavey:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Buttons, oh my goodness, I can't believe you are 39 weeks! Getting really excited for you. Hope you get everything tied up so you can just relax and take good care of yourself until the little one arrives. Not too much longer now no matter what!

Blonde, hope you find a good lead on doctors. I know that all of the monitoring we get is probably a bit overkill, but I'd hate for you to go more than a couple months without seeing anyone just to make sure everything is on track. Good luck!

Lulu, hope you had a good trip! Glad you slept better. Sleep is still eluding me unfortunately, but I guess that is to be expected at this point! Darn acid reflux does not help.

JGator, you're moving right along. So fun to start accumulating stuff and to get the nursery setup started. I think it makes everything feel more real! I seem to be gaining about a pound a week too. I detest all the weigh-ins, but my doctor hasn't ever suggested I was gaining too much or too fast, so I guess I should stop worrying about it. Only a few weeks to go.

Helly to everyone else!

AFM, 35.5 weeks. Weekly appointments start this week, which is just crazy. Apparently, she's going to do a cervix check this time, which seems early, but maybe she'll do the Strep B test at the same time? I've rather enjoyed keeping my pants on at my appointments thus far after all of the fertility appointments and early monitoring I had. I guess now is the time to get used to shedding my modesty! We had our prenatal class this weekend. For the most part, I thought it was pretty much a waste of time and I didn't really learn anything new other than a few good infant car tips for after the baby gets here. DH and I are not into the meditation/relaxation, breathing and getting into labor positions stuff, so we had a hard time taking that portion of the class seriously and not laughing at everyone else. I don't think our instructor was impressed :) Breastfeeding class is Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to that because I know it will be much more informative and practical.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say hi to all the still preggo PSers and can't wait to see all of your little bundles! In the meantime, enjoy being pregnant. I miss it so so so SO much I can't even tell you! I love baby Cal, but I'm already thinking about when I can get preg again because I loved it so much. Enjoy these days!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
megumic|1347286659|3265182 said:
Just wanted to say hi to all the still preggo PSers and can't wait to see all of your little bundles! In the meantime, enjoy being pregnant. I miss it so so so SO much I can't even tell you! I love baby Cal, but I'm already thinking about when I can get preg again because I loved it so much. Enjoy these days!
:-o
This is the most shocking thing I have ever read on PS. :cheeky:

Everyone looks great. I love seeing all these bump pictures!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1347321388|3265622 said:
megumic|1347286659|3265182 said:
:-o
This is the most shocking thing I have ever read on PS. :cheeky:

Ditto :)

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
monkeyprincess we found the relaxation/breathing/acupressure stuff pretty useless in our hospital classes too. It was so rushed and just so not the environment to really wrap your head around that stuff. I'm sure it all went in one ear and out the other! I found my yoga classes much better for the breathing stuff, and DH has studied the relaxation and acupressure techniques himself in his own time using handouts we printed off. We thought the infant care portion of the class was pretty silly too. They made us fill in a timesheet of what we do all day, and then another timesheet of what we'll do all day after baby comes... apparently this makes people realise a baby changes your life?!? I mean, seriously? People don't know this already?!? The private breastfeeding class we did though was excellent, we learned loads at that. Hope you enjoy yours!!!

megumic you are so cute! :lol: I will miss what being pregnant was like at about 30 weeks or so... 39 weeks, not so much ;))

Hope everyone is doing well! :wavey:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe thanks for the compliments on our ensuite ladies! It's the perfect environment for bump pictures with the floor to ceiling mirrored wardrobe doors ;)) Nothing much to report from my end, but I'm happy to say that my sense of taste is returning, so I need to make up for lost time and all the food I've been skipping :naughty:

meg, you are adorable!! I'm enjoying being pregnant but I just can't wait to meet my LO, but who knows, I'll probably get all nostalgic too! I guess that's what makes woman go back for more, eh?! :bigsmile: Nothing much to preport here other than my sense of taste is returning, so eating is a bit more fun!

Buttons, 39 weeks?!?! No way!!! When did that happen?! :rodent: I had to giggle at your post re. the timesheets, you probably don't need one of those to figure out that life it about to change a whole lot! We have only one class, it's an all day affair next Sunday. We had to squeeze it into one day because of work. I'm kind of looking forward to it! I love your belly pic, you look absolutely beautiful. Love the dress!

mp, you guys sound just like DH and, I, I reckon at our class we'll be the misbehaving couple who can't sit still or stop giggling! Let me know how the breastfeeding class goes, my class doesn't include that because of the time factor, so if I want to do it I need to find time for another class. Sounds worth it though!

blondebunny
, aww you poor thing, another fellow congestion sufferer. It really bites, but I'm grateful it's been my only complaint my whole pregnancy. And you, lady, look absolutely incredible! I wish I looked that neat and compact when I was only 12 weeks! :wink2: You sure do pregnancy well!

sunny you look so fabulous!!! You're just all baby, lady!

mlk, ahhh, I'm so excited for you re. your new stroller, what an amazing bargain! And those Bugaboos ain't cheap! They are soooo cute and stylish, you must feel a million bucks wheeling yours around.

Hi to JGator, lulu, bibiloves, rachel and Haven, I hope you're all feeling great and happily baking away!!

27 weeks 6 days

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Call me crazy, but I miss being pregnant too! I don't miss the crap I dealt with at the end but I miss everything else. Now I'm stuck with stretch marks, flab, and a stomach that I'm not proud of LOL. I miss being able to let it all out and be proud of my belly haha. Oh and when Blake kicks me now, it's not as fun!! Believe me, you will miss some of it! :tongue:

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!!!!! I FINALLY finished catching up on this thread. :cheeky: As much as I'm sorry to have missed the real time version, it was fun to be able to read through them all at once b/c I was so impatient to find out what happened.

So CONGRATS to new mommas I missed:
Monarch, Kunzite, MerrryMary, Missy, MuffDog, Choro, Steph, PetitePoire, Sugarpie, Mayerling, Lizzyann, PPM, AMC, and Megumic! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

And oh my gosh I am LOVING the names. Seriously, such gorgeous names, all of them. How can you not love this list:
Alexandra, Elliot + Miles, Lauren, Blake, LUCA, Eleanor (Nora), Layla, Rowan Jesse (genius combo), Eloise, Barret, Callan.

Layla June and Eloise Josephine are especially spectacular to me, as some combos of those names were on our list and I just am kicking myself for not coming up with them myself.

And I was rooting for LUCA, so glad that was the final name.

We ended up with...........

IVY BEATRIX REED A-------. :love:

After MUCH discussion and on the last day in the hospital. Ivy was not even on our short list, so kinda came out of nowhere. I love it, it fits her, but I think about changing her name all the time. :cheeky: There are just so many great girl names!

More on the name choice and an actual birth story later, but wanted to send all my love to the new mommas.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
ChinaCat|1347378342|3265999 said:
IVY BEATRIX REED A-------. :love:

After MUCH discussion and on the last day in the hospital. Ivy was not even on our short list, so kinda came out of nowhere. I love it, it fits her, but I think about changing her name all the time. :cheeky: There are just so many great girl names!

More on the name choice and an actual birth story later, but wanted to send all my love to the new mommas.

Holy moly ChinaCat! If I had had a daughter several years ago, her name would have been Ivy. I love that name and still do! And Beatrix? That's always been one of my favorite girl names, unfortunately it doesn't go well with our last name...think along the lines of Bonnie Blue Butler haha. I love the name, and it's so funny to me that you chose both as they are not common names and they are both names that I absolutely adore!

Hope everyone is OK!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
China, good to see you posting again! Do come back and post. You know how we all enjoy a good birth story around here. I think Ivy is a cute name! It's not something you hear very often, and it sounds good with your son's name. Oliver, right? Sidenote - I have a high school friend who has a son named Oliver, and she just had a baby girl last week and named her Olivia. Seriously? Aren't those essentially the same name? So odd, but to each his own.

Missy and Meg, I get what you are saying, and I'm sure there will be aspects of pregnancy that I miss once my little guy arrives, like feeling his movements inside of me and not having to worry so much about my figure. But at the moment, the idea of being pregnant for much longer just isn't appealing. I'm fine during the day, but at night when my hips hurt, I can't sleep, can't get comfortable, have acid reflux, or when I look at my increasingly ginormous bare belly in the mirror, I know I'm ready to move to the next phase and to meet my little boy. I don't think I "do" pregnancy all that well, and I'm ready to have him on the outside and for DH to get a chance to bond with him like I've been doing all these months, although I know I'm probably romanticizing some of it. The good news for you both is that if you choose to have more, you get to do it all over again! :) I'm glad I'll know more what to expect next time, assuming I'm blessed with another little one or two in the future.

Dandi, we did the all day class too because we couldn't commit to one night a week for 6 weeks. So glad we did because I don't think we would have stuck with it otherwise. The breastfeeding class is tonight, and I'm anxious to see how that goes. DH is not going to handle it very maturely because he's such a clown, but I do think it is important for him to have an understanding of just how difficult it can be for some moms and babies. Hopefully your class will be a little more useful than ours was.

Buttons, glad I wasn't the only one who thought the abbreviated meditation/relaxation techniques were a joke. My hospital has a ten week class for those who are committed to having a natural childbirth and looking for pain coping techniques, which is probably more useful. For me, I'm just going to play it by ear, and am not opposed to an epidural if I feel like I need one, so I guess I haven't taken any of that stuff very seriously. Our infant care portion was very practical and they demonstrated some helpful tips for swaddling, diaper changing and bathing, which was especially worthwhile for DH who has zero baby experience. It was eye opening for him, and he has expressed interest in getting a baby care video, which makes me happy that he wants to be able to help out more.

BTW - I'm going to be checking in obsessively to see if you are posting these next few days (hopefully not weeks)!

Prana, how are things?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
MP - I had a relatively easy pregnancy until the end (no morning sickness, no trouble gaining weight, no food/smell adversions, no nausea, and just a little heartburn at the end) and I never really felt all the pressure at the end because Blake decided not to engage all the way. I didn't have much trouble sleeping either, even though my stomach stuck out for miles haha. But anyway, I can see why people don't enjoy their pregnancy much!

China - Hi!!! Seriously...how could you do that to us??? No story or pictures! :o lol I LOVE the name Ivy and that name never really came to mind for us either, not that it would have mattered since we had a boy anyway! I hope you're doing well!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations ChinaCat!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I hope you are enjoying little Ivy (great name)! I do agree with Missy that it is a little cruel to post without pics. :tongue:

Buttons: I cannot believe you are 39 weeks!!! :o If you go, I'm next and I'm not ready for that. :cheeky: However, I do hope that you get to meet Wee Buttons very soon. The spreadsheet sounds hilariously terrible--especially for first time parents who probably have no idea how to estimate the time. Is the baby's room all together then, now that you have the crib? Pics, please!

MonkeyPrincess:
How was your breastfeeding class? Ours really freaked me out because they gave the range of feeding times from 160 minutes a day to 600 minutes a day. I cannot imagine doing anything for 600 minutes a day!! But, hopefully we all have good feeders and latchers and we are on the 160 side of things. Did you learn anything from the cervical check? My doctor doesn't do them until 40+, but I would love to have that information.

Blondebunny: Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your doctor search. I certainly hope you can find one soon. Is there any of your husband's colleagues who could suggest their OB to you? Or can you see someone at the medical school? When I was in graduate school, we could use the university hospital as part of our benefits package. It might be a good way to keep getting checkups while waiting to find a proper doctor you like. Have you been checked for gall bladder problems? I had mine removed three years ago, but the pain you describe sounds very much like it. I think there is something about pregnancy that makes gall stones more likely, and even if you have few all the pressure and movement would certainly cause attacks. We also moved when I was around 29 weeks. It was a pain, but it is all working out. You still have time, but I do hope you start feeling better.

JGator: Isn't hand-me-down baby loot the best?! Do you have pictures of your nursery? Or are you still getting it together? That bedding/theme is just darling. I love how cutesy animals get to be for kid rooms.

Lulu: How was your shower and visit with your family? I elected not to go home this summer (a similar distance) and I regret it. Hopefully everyone got you gift cards and such so you didn't have to lug them back on the flight.

Sunnyd: Looking great! I love your straight-out bump! I hope you got to hear that your baby is headed the right way. You've got plenty time for her to turn around if she is face out but the head down is the real battle.

Bibiloves: Welcome! We got the Hudson Babyletto crib and it seems very manageable to me. I am in love with it for several reasons, but height is a big part of it. I am a couple inches taller than you, but still quite a shorty. Even at the lowest setting, I feel like I can easily reach where the LO will be.

DandiAndi: Great looking bump! I am also glad to hear you got your taste back. Mine has been wonky, making me like totally gross things I never eat and hating all the things I usually love. But, eating is nice (and important).

MLK:
Have you had your scan yet? I hope you get nothing but great news!

RachelK: Have you tried swimming? I love it to escape from the heaviness of my belly. I do use a support band and wear my bella bands more now than I did in the first tri. It sounds like your nursery is coming along very nicely. You are way more prepared than we are at this point! I am super jealous that your parents are moving nearby. I would love to have my or DH's family around. Hopefully it is good for them, too.

Haven: You certainly look great, though I am sorry to hear about all the trouble you have been having with this pregnancy. Having to perform (which really a huge part of teaching) is terrible when you are not feeling your best. I taught in my 1st and 2nd Ts and did have trouble with nausea early on. I would be like "and we are going on break NOW!" and run out of the room. I hope all goes well for you this semester. Does this mean you get Spring semester for maternity leave? That will be great if so, especially if you don't have to teach in the Summer term either.

Welcome to Prana and Fleur-de-lis and anyone else I missed from being awol for a bit!!

---

AFM: I have been so incredibly tired lately. I feel like such a lump, but I think most of it is because I sleep so restlessly at night. I don't know how people who are actually side sleepers do it because my shoulders and hips hurt so bad. I feel like I have been in a fight every morning when I get up. I am still trying to get work in a place where I can feel like I am on leave and to do things with friends and DH since everything is about to change really soon. We keep really busy, then, on evenings and weekends, which isn't helping with the fatigue.

I am also starting to have some regret about not learning the sex. DH and I intended to but then the tech couldn't tell at our midway ultrasound. We decided to learn, but then hemmed and hawed about it partially because we considered going Team Green from the start and it just got to be too late. Anyways, we finally washed the clothes and were joking about our baby being a banana since 90% of what it has to wear for the first 3 months is yellow. The only variety is whether there are giraffes or ducks on it. I am going to have to go buy something slightly more gendered, in both directions, or at least more interesting, to keep it from being a banana. It is also making it have hard times deciding on names. We have two options for girls, but still about 10 options for boys. Hopefully we can narrow this down this week.

We are also trying to nest. The room is almost ready and I hope to get it finalized this weekend, as well as install the car seat. And our baby shower (well, baby party. It is coed and DH didn't want it called a baby shower) is Saturday. That is pushing it since I am 37w6d and will be over 38w at the shower. I really, for some reason, expect it to be late and am not even considering it will be on time. Boy, and I going to be shocked if it does!

Hope all you mamas are doing well! I am also glad to see so many new preggies since I last posted!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Here's some bump pics, too. I have absolutely no pride these days. My belly hangs out of all my maternity shirts (dang you, long torso!!) and I mainly just wear DH's old t-shirts. These are actually from good days since I am wearing jeans instead of Ultimate shorts, which is my official uniform these days. Gotta love working from home. katamari36w.jpg katamari37w5d.jpg

One is from 36w and the other is 37w5d.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Back with Ivy's birth story...

Quick Version: Scheduled induction for Wednesday morning, May 30th. Went
into labor on my own the night before around 9 pm. Got to hospital at 10
pm. Delivered at 4:05 am, Wednesday, May 30th. All went smoothly- 6 lbs, 12
oz. 19.5 inches.

Longer Version: Tuesday, May 29. 41 weeks (1 week past due). Dr appt- had
high BP, but after an NST, all looked fine with baby girl and no need for
induction; however, dr said need to make induction date by Monday June 4.
Wavered- wanted to wait as long as possible for labor to start on its own
and had been feeling tons of stuff to make me believe labor was imminent.
BUT was very uncomfortable and the high BP worried me. My mom was in town
but had to leave Friday morning, so the logical thing was to schedule for
Wednesday May 30 so my mom could stay with O while in hospital and get to meet new baby. I really wanted to wait as long as possible but I was just over being pregnant and it made the most sense to go ahead and schedule for the next day. Plus I'd been induced with O- while I wanted to avoid being induced, it went well with O so I went ahead and booked it for Wednesday.

Tuesday night. Started having contractions but they weren't consistent
enough to tell if it was real labor and progressing. They hurt enough that
I had to stop and double over and breathe through them, but couldn't tell
if they were 10 minutes apart or more like 3 minutes b/c one would be huge
and then I'd have a small one and I had no idea if I should count the
"small" ones. I was in total denial- in retrospect it was clearly labor- couldn't talk through them, etc. But I was panicking and trying to stick to my "plan"- :cheeky: I was planning on eating dinner, getting sleep, then going to hospital in the morning. As much as I didn't want to be induced, I had resigned myself to
it and was counting on having the night to get ready. Luckily my mom was
there and was like, CALL YOUR DOCTOR. My husband, on the other hand, was
preoccupied with using his contraction counting app. Instead of watching me, he was watching his app. I asked him how far apart the episodes were and he said, well I don't know, you didn't tell me when it ended. I was like DUDE, LOOK at ME and figure it out! I cannot concentrate on your stupid app right now! Just write them down. It was pretty funny- I'm clearly in labor, my mother is telling me to call the doctor, I'm saying, no not yet, the food isn't here yet and my husband is staring at his Iphone. Called dr, said to go to hospital immediately. (Not before I called all of my best friends first to have them describe labor to me). Didn't get to eat dinner. ;))

Got to hospital around 10 pm. Hooked me up to monitors, etc. Got an
epidural around 12:30 and got some rest. Couldn't feel the contractions
pain-wise, but started feeling serious pressure around 2 or 2:30 am. Not
painful, but definitely had to breathe through them. Felt like baby was
trying to come out of my bum- which is what it feels like, weirdly. Nurse
checked me and was like, wow, 10 cm, baby is ready to come out.

Dr arrived. Pushed for maybe 45 minutes? But it was productive and felt
like a relief to push at that point. Had a good 2 or 3 minutes in between
the contractions/pushes so had plenty of rest. Pushed maybe 5 times? (5
sets of 3).

This labor was so much better than my first one. My nurses were amazing-
one had this very gentle demeanor and basically gave me some tips to labor
better and it made all of the difference. All were super supportive and
helpful. Last go round the pushing was the worst part- b/c of the pitocin,
the contractions were slammed on top of each other, so got no real rest in
b/w pushing. This time it felt natural and like my body was doing what it
was supposed to, and what a huge difference.

Ivy is now 3.5 months and is the cutest little kitten. Very happy baby, very social- she has been smiling in reaction since week 1, which is crazy. O loves her and is so cute with her and she is infatuated with him. She is sleeping well and nursing great.

Weeks 4-8 were hell, not gonna lie. The first weeks were easier for me this time- still tired but I just managed it better and knew it wouldn't last forever. Weeks 4-8 we had some nursing issues and she had some fussy times and it was just HARD. Couldn't tell if it was reflux or colic or immaturity. Ended up magically disappearing at 8 weeks, and things have been smooth ever since.

Here is a picture of her at like 3 days old, and a more recent one.

i_newborn.jpg

_880.jpg

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
monkeyprincess said:
BTW - I'm going to be checking in obsessively to see if you are posting these next few days (hopefully not weeks)!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am 100% OK with going a little bit over. The average day to deliver apparently is 41+1 so I have that in my head as the endline - that is two weeks from yesterday :bigsmile:

China Ivy is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: Thank you for coming back and posting your birth story, it sounds so positive, great motivation for the likes of me nearing the end now ;))

katamari I think you've been in my wardrobe woman - that dress I had on in the other pic is not representative of my everyday stylin' ::) You look fantastic, you are just bump and nothing else and it's such a tidy bump too. I am not a side sleeper either so I know just how you feel. Rest as much as you can hon and don't feel guilty or like you're a lump or anything like that. As my wonderful DH keeps reminding me, our bodies need the rest as they're doing so much work! I'm afraid I won't have nursery photos as we don't actually have one. The crib is just going to go up against our bed in our room and that is pretty much it. I have an old work table my Dad found in the attic and DH has painted it and we bought a changing mat for it and that is the only other piece of furniture the baby owns. We figure baby won't actually need anything else and we are only in this house for another two months anyway so it doesn't make sense to do too much.

monkey I did a two day workshop that focussed quite a lot on hypnobirthing, and the unit where I will be delivering doesn't offer epidurals, but like you I am playing it by ear and the epidural is by no means off the table if I feel like I need it (I will just need to transfer into another room in the same building and they will get one for me, no problem). I think it's best to keep an open mind and not put all my eggs in one basket! How did your breastfeeding class go? Hope it was informative!

====

AFM had a GP appointment today and everything is textbook, exactly as it should be. I swear I am a healthier person pregnant than not, I have been so blessed. My GP said to me the next time she sees me will be for my two week post delivery check up for me and baby, that made it all very real!!!

My Mum came with me to the GP (she won't let me go anywhere on my own these days) and afterwards we went around the shops and she got some nice make up and treated me to a nice lunch. She was saying it might be our last lunch out just the two of us for quite a while! Then she was ogling all the cute babies in the cafe, she is definitely itching to get her hands on Wee Button :bigsmile: My Mum is so cute sometimes :bigsmile:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
China, Ivy's just as cute as can be. Sounds like you had a great delivery, and I'm so glad to hear things are going well! Hope to join you on the flip side in the mommy thread in about a month or so!

Katamari, you're getting close too! And looking good. Jealous you get to work from home. I still have to try to look presentable Monday-Friday, but at night and on the weekends I live in t-shirts and shorts that are becoming increasingly too tight. Ditto on the side sleeping thing. I seriously cannot figure out why people find it comfortable because I think it is horrible! Oh, and I think it is fun that you have a big surprise coming up on the gender, even though baby will wear a lot of yellow for awhile. I'm happy we know, but sometimes I feel a little jealous of the people who are patient enough to have it be a surprise. Kind of a grass is always greener thing I suppose.

Buttons, that's fantastic that everything is going well. I also feel very fortunate that so far every time I go to the doctor everything is going just right. I hope I can make it through with flying colors until the end like you have. That's nice you've been able to spend time with your mom.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm sorry I'm always writing noveles. I find myself posting so often these days because I seriously need an outlet to discuss all things pregnancy and I don't want to drive my husband or friends crazy!

AFM, we had the BF class last night. There were a few helpful video clips, but again, it was a bit of a disappointment as far as not really learning much new. It's one of those things that you can have all the information but until you actually have the baby and try it, it's so hard to say how it will go. Oh, and DH was one of only 2 guys at the class. At first he was the only one, but he was a good sport. I'm glad he went because I think he will understand how challenging it can be and will help me stay committed if and when I feel like giving up. The lady teaching the class did emphasize that a supportive dad is one of the most important factors that determines whether breastfeeding will be successful.

Here's my latest pic at just under 36 weeks. Only a few more pictures to go!

_881.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread moves way too fast for me, ya'all!

I lurk to see all the adorable belly pics, though.

MonkeyPrincess--You look like the models they use for preggo clothes--all slender with a perfectly round belly. You are getting so close! 36 weeks!

Buttons--Wow, Wee Button is going to be here very soon! I had no idea the average was 41+1--that puts me at the day after Christmas! I love hearing about your supportive mum.

ChinaCat--Ivy is beautiful! I don't know if I've ever seen a more beautiful newborn picture. Congrats, mama! Beautiful name, too.

Kata--You are so close! We're going to have a rush of PS babies here very soon.
I'm worried that my maternity clothes won't cover the bottom of my belly near the end, either. And I am so with you on wearing the old t-shirts around the house. The only time I wear my maternity clothes is when I'm going to be out in public. Otherwise, it is glasses, old tees, and the pair of sweatpants I've loved since I was in the 10th grade. No shame in keeping comfy!
I'm still waffling about my spring semester plans. I think I'm going to end up teaching one online course because that way I can apply my current overload from this fall to the spring, and I'll end up only being on a 50% leave because I have a big overload going on right now. That way I'd be able to save some sick time, and I've already designed and taught the online class so it won't be a huge amount of prep on the front-end. We'll see, but either way I won't be teaching on campus, and I definitely won't be teaching summer school, so I'll have a nice amount of time at home with the baby.

Missy--You have a good point, maybe I'll miss being pregnant once the baby is here. But seriously, I cannot imagine that happening, not in a million years! I'm so uncomfortable already, and I'm only 26 weeks. If I wasn't still sick every morning and nauseous until the afternoon maybe I'd be happier, but GAH is this belly heavy to carry around!

Andi--How are you doing? Almost 7 months for you, I can't believe it!

BB--You popped! Looking great!

Hello to everyone else! I hope you're all feeling well and doing well. :wavey:

AFM things are pretty much the same. I'm battling this annoying situation where as soon as I eat anything I feel so full like my stomach is going to bust out through my skin, so then I'm super uncomfortable I can't eat more even though I'm still hungry. I eat small amounts and avoid big meals, but I hate this full feeling. DH reminds me that it's only going to get worse, so I need to get used to it for the next 14 weeks. Thanks, honey! :cheeky:

Otherwise I'm just crazy tired lately, and I'm three days behind giving my students feedback on their work. :-o I NEVER get behind with that sort of thing, so this is crazy, but I cannot stay awake late enough at night to read it all. I keep chipping away at it one hour at a time . . .

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! Hump Day Bump Check in!

Great to see the long lost ChinaCat and a check in from Katamari! (wow I need to go easy on the exclamation marks, huh?)

So I'm checking in on a bit of a preggo bummer note today. Had a checkup that went fine, but am having to do the 24 hr urine collection and get bloodwork done. This was sparked by a bad day I had last week, Friday, when I felt weird and jsut not great all day, and I suspected my BP was high (feet were quite puffy, and my hands were very sore and somewhat swollen too, headache and did have lots of floaters in my vision) so I went to the fire station after work and BP was 146/74. I didn't know my baseline and the midwife's office is closed Fridays, so I jsut went home and rested, and did feel better after laying down for a while. In the days since I've felt better and haven't had the swellng the same way, but have had the floaters intermittently. My hands have also been very achy - the joints hurt a lot, especially at night. The nurse who I called last week about reflux said the hand pain at night might be due to dehydration by that many hours without drinking any water. Compared to the following days I can really tell that I felt badly the day my BP was high.

FYI for anyone curious there are 2 kinds of vision floaters associated with high BP - one is definitely BP related - they are sparkly and the ones I see kind of move sometimes. They only last a second or two. The other are more regular dots or squigly type things in your vision that aren't sparkly. Apparently both are not good signs.

So I have my checkup today, do the group B swab and my BP is something like 125/60 which is higher than it has been typically. I saw a student midwife today, her supervisor is one I've seen several times before, and I had a question she didn't know the answer to about the hospital so another midwife who I saw last time came and talked to me, and I think once the 2 who've seen me before consulted about what happened the other day and that I do still get the floaters even when I feel ok, they decided to order the 24 hr urine protein and bloodwork - they said as a precaution and to get a baseline but I suspect tehy're somewhat concerned. My mom had severe Pre-e with both my brother and I, and her sisters did too so I have strong family history which is an indication.

Can I tell you how fun it was to collect my pee all day at work? I couldn't call in because I'm already off most of the day tomorrow and I'm in the thick of training some new people on my job. I guess this is just one thing on the way to never being able to be grossed out after a baby. it's not like my own pee is super gross to me or anything - it's just shocking to see it all collected! Good thing I asked for 2 jugs, I filled one almost completely during my workday and with he first trip to the potty after my drive home! I'm dreading the night jsut because I get up like 5+ times as it is. DId I mention that you have to keep the pee cold? either refrigerated or in a cooler on ice.

So I'm just hoping things are OK and come back normal, but I really don't want to have to keep doing this and I amticipate extra checkups and monitoring depending on what the results are. I'm going back for the next checkup on Monday rather than Wednesday as scheduled. I'll do anything for baby girl but I just want things to be smooth and easy as possible at least for a few more days / a week so I can get my people at work trained and feel ok leaving. I'm supposed to work through the end of the month and have kind of pushed things where I really need those 2 weeks to get done what I want to. I suppose the essential training could happen in a couple days if necessary, there are just projects that I want to do too.

BUT - after all that pity party I have a job interview tomorrow! Definitely ironic, this is a job I interviewed for last year, loved the place and thought it went great but didn't get the job. Was told I was the runner up. So the boss for that job contacted me back in JUly inviting me to apply since the job is available again. Why didn't you hire me in the right place dude?! But being preggo the timing was bad (I told him right away, I was already over 6 months when he contacted me) witha huge event going on at the end of October needing coordination. So we kept in touch somewhat and Iw as told if tehy dind't find someone permanent right away that I'd get called for the 2nd round of interviews, knowing that I'd start after the new year. I thought nothing would come of it but got a call on Monday! So we will jsut see. I think I'm in a good place to be interviewing because I have nothing to lose - I have a great relationship with my current boss and have a good part time plan for after leave set up. I don't have an ideal work situation (small company, nonexistent benefits) so this other job is definitely a contender if I'm offered the position. I jsut sure hope I feel well tomorrow and that I find out before the baby comes. The job I'm interviewing for is at a university and it's notorious for HR to take their sweet time to run you through all the background checks etc even after you have your offer. I would need 100% certainty before I say anything to my current boss, and would need to get a great offer with a big raise and work from home a couple days a week. We shall see.

I hope everyone else is doing well and doesn't have any health scares!

BlondeBunny I hope you've foind a DR to get a checkup, I thought of you when the midwife asked me if I've had any abdominal pain - she said it would be bad pain right under the bust area. That and bad headaches are also signs of Pre-e and high BP. Your hubby is a doctor, right? Hopefully he's checking your BP and if not have him check you! We can't be too careful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results