shape
carat
color
clarity

Be still my heart...3.62 OEC from Jbeg in the Julia

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Alright....here are my attempts at getting some shots showing how this baby plays with colors. It is so hard to capture on camera!

blue_hand_shot_edit.jpg

blue_edit.jpg

pink_edit.jpg

purple_edit.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ooooooh! I like the pink one! Don't u live that u can wrap your diamond around a colorful blanket and all these colors you've never even seen come out! I was gonna post a pic of my diamond before it was set this morning that I took when I first got it. It's in a little blanket too! Well, my eyeglass lens cloth.... Hahah but it worked!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Yaytacori! I had fun attempting to get some colorful pictures, hopefully I will continue to get better at capturing thr colors it picks up. These OECs are so much fun to play with!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Armywife - your new pics are great and I love, love the color play with old cuts like yours.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SparklyOEC!!! :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beeyootiful stone! And very cool ring! It has great presence on your hand!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Armywife that ring is fabulous, amazing, gorgeous, drool worthy :love: :love: :love:

The Julia setting is perfect! Absolutely divine! :appl:

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1345225844|3253163 said:
Alright....here are my attempts at getting some shots showing how this baby plays with colors. It is so hard to capture on camera!

GORGEOUS!!!!! Your stone is absolutely amazing!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, woofmama, tgal, and demelza!!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Look what happens when I don't check out SMTB for a couple of days! I have been waiting and waiting for this thread!! It's absolutely beautiful armywife! You must be thrilled! The setting is so perfect, you did an amazing job! I'm just so happy for you, and it's HUGE!!! :love: Incredibly beautiful, congratulations!! :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks Christina! I am head over heals for this OEC and setting, I think they compliment each other well. I was actually surprised at the finger coverage I have, I was expecting much less since I have some chunky size 8 fingers. That being said...is is bad that this honker is already starting to look normal to me? Darn DSS! So how are things going with your ring?! Can't wait to see it!!!

dbleplus

Rough_Rock
Armywife, the stone is delicious, the setting is to die for (love a setting that I share my name with :wink2: ) and your photography skills are killer! That shot of your baby in the pink blanket is swoon-worthy. Please to share more of your art and your bling-baby, you know that no one around here will object!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you do much, dbleplus!!! I will work on getting some more pictures in the next few days! :bigsmile:

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
It's absolutely STUNNING :love: :love: :love:

Can't wait to see more...

hoover

Shiny_Rock
That is amazing, Armywife13 !!!! :love: :love: :love:

Your ring is fabulous and that is some serious finger coverage you've got going on!

I love the colours that it throws off - Yummy! :cheeky:

I can't wait to see more pics :D

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! you finally got it!!! Don't you just love it!!

Isn't it just so delicate and yet sturdy at the same time? I hate how the photos don't really capture how delicate the setting is. I love my Julia Bezel ring. Our rings are cousins!

It looks amazing on you! Can't wait until I can replace my Sapphire with a diamond... *sigh*.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is how you photograph colors :))

Light coming from *behind* the diamond (like hand held up to a window).

Bright colors in *front* of the diamond (like a bright T-shirt worn).

Light must then refect off the bright color to reach the diamond, resulting in lovely colors reflecting in the stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - love the setting as well!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Hoover and missgotrocks!!!!

Lorrissey, hey girl! :wavey: I am loving that we have ring cousins. Haha. I do agree, the Julia bezel is the perfect blend of sturdy, delicate, and femanine! I can never really portray in the Marco shots how delicate it looks in person, but it truly is.

Dreamer, thanks for the pointers! I am going to work on getting some new pictures this weekend. Hopefully the weather will work out so that I can get some good natural lighting!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
It's huge!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1345732472|3255900 said:
Thank you, Hoover and missgotrocks!!!!

Lorrissey, hey girl! :wavey: I am loving that we have ring cousins. Haha. I do agree, the Julia bezel is the perfect blend of sturdy, delicate, and femanine! I can never really portray in the Marco shots how delicate it looks in person, but it truly is.

Dreamer, thanks for the pointers! I am going to work on getting some new pictures this weekend. Hopefully the weather will work out so that I can get some good natural lighting!
Supposed to be macro....darn ipad...

And thank you, Orchid Lei!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
It looks so Beautiful! I love the simple and elegant setting. It was definitely worth the wait!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Emeraldcutlover|1346068720|3257751 said:
It looks so Beautiful! I love the simple and elegant setting. It was definitely worth the wait!!
Thank you Emeraldcutlover! It turned out just like I had imagined! :love: Any luck on your search for an OEC?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
YUM! is right...can't get enough of those OEC's...just lovely...thanks for all the lush pic's.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ariel144!

Cool link Madelise, thanks for the link! I like the names on there...I will have to work on narrowing them down, I will say I really like Lillian, Ethel, and Margaret.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Armywife on your GORGEOUS new ring!!! The stone is so big and eye catching and the setting is just perfect for it. Very unique as well.. love the flat bezel around the stone!" Enjoy it!!!!! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1347404561|3266315 said:
Thanks ariel144!

Cool link Madelise, thanks for the link! I like the names on there...I will have to work on narrowing them down, I will say I really like Lillian, Ethel, and Margaret.

I vote Ethel or Margaret (so you can call 'er Marge!)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rubies-R-Me! I feel very grateful to have this beauty!

Madelise, I was thinking I could call her Ettie with Ethyl or, like you suggested, Marge for Margaret. I will have to see which fits more when I get my baby back. She is off getting a beauty treatment done on her setting. ;))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1348180961|3271908 said:
Thanks Rubies-R-Me! I feel very grateful to have this beauty!

Madelise, I was thinking I could call her Ettie with Ethyl or, like you suggested, Marge for Margaret. I will have to see which fits more when I get my baby back. She is off getting a beauty treatment done on her setting. ;))

OOH! You sent her in! :appl: Yay! I told ya to! The JbEG ladies are so amazing. Did you ever manage to dislodge the little teeny tiny dust particle?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results