shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings Upgrade - questions

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not as particular about my diamonds for earrings, versus diamonds for rings. If someone is going to get so close to me that they can spot inclusions, they have totally violated my personal space, and they better have had permission to do so! :Up_to_something:

Even if you went with certed excellent cuts from IDJ, you'd still probably come out ahead! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I vote for sticking with WF. I think in the long run, you get what you pay for, and I still want excellent quality in any diamonds I buy. I bought uncertified diamond earrings once, and I took a loss to get rid of them, and then I got my great stones from WF. No regrets here...(other than buying the uncerted ones to begin with).

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the thoughts. I so greatly appreciate it. I'll ask IDJ for quotes on certified stones. Then I should have all the information I need to make a decision at that point on IDJ vs WF. Stay tuned!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick update...it's been about 4 weeks since I had WF proceed with the repairs. The timing estimate I had for repairs plus regrading was 4 weeks. So, I emailed to inquire about whether they would be ready. Unfortunately, the repairs have not even begun :(. So, it's a minimum of another 4 weeks. The repairs are not being done at WF, so I understand they cannot control timing. I wish I would have known, however, as I had been expecting to wear them this weekend. In fact, the whole reason for upgrading in the first place was to wear this weekend at an event, so I'm a bit disappointed. :cry: Hopefully I'll have a more positive update with progress soon!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
centralsquare|1342112114|3232860 said:
Just a quick update...it's been about 4 weeks since I had WF proceed with the repairs. The timing estimate I had for repairs plus regrading was 4 weeks. So, I emailed to inquire about whether they would be ready. Unfortunately, the repairs have not even begun :(. So, it's a minimum of another 4 weeks. The repairs are not being done at WF, so I understand they cannot control timing. I wish I would have known, however, as I had been expecting to wear them this weekend. In fact, the whole reason for upgrading in the first place was to wear this weekend at an event, so I'm a bit disappointed. :cry: Hopefully I'll have a more positive update with progress soon!

Yikes! I'm sorry - how annoying, and how annoying that you weren't updated!
I'd call your rep and have a chat re. how often they should update you so that you are comfortable knowing what's going on. I wouldn't be happy with being left in the dark for a month, but my rep knows she can expect to hear from me every couple of weeks regarding ongoing projects..

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very disappointing! I too am waiting on earrings and I'm being terribly impatient. It sounds as though you thought about your plan months in advance, I can't believe that there hasn't been enough time to get them completed. Do you have any idea when they will be on their way to you?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
After a few months of waiting, I finally have my upgraded earrings! While it was a long and painful journey, I'm pleased to have them back on my ears.

I'd like to update in my avatar...anyone know how to update?

final_earrings.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results