shape
carat
color
clarity

Goodreads

princesss

Ideal_Rock
How did I only just discover this website? I saw a link to it yesterday when I was searching for reviews of a book I had just finished and went and poked around, and I think it may be the best thing to ever happen to my library. (Plus it gave me a forum to vent my frustration with a book when I had nobody to talk about it to IRL.) Part book reviews, part literary chat, part massive virtual library, it has everything this book nerd could hope for.

Is anybody else on Goodreads? Do you know of any good groups? There was one I saw that looked promising until one of the moderators said in a comment that she didn't "know weather or not the links change daily."

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't believe you just found Goodreads, Princesss! You are going to LOVE IT.

As for groups, I would hang around in ones that seem promising for a while. You get a feel for them pretty quickly. The only group I'm really active in on GR is the one I host for my IRL book club, but I spent a good amount of time in some fun sci fi reading groups a while ago.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I learned about Goodreads from Haven in the PS Library forum awhile back. I wish I'd consulted them before I bought and read 'Death Comes to Pemberley' by P.D. James. The one-star reviews would have saved me both money and several hours of my life.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, I also learned about Goodreads from Haven! I mostly use it as a way to find new titles and keep up with my 'To-Read' list. I try to update my 'Read' list, too because the suggestions generated for me are actually pretty good and I find a lot of promising reading there. The only thing so far that has been irritating are the titles that look sooooooo good and then I find out there's no Kindle edition; the nearest bookstore is an hour away from me! But that's not really Goodreads fault :rodent: !

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I know, Haven! I feel like I've stumbled onto Wonderland and Oz rolled into one. Technicolour, slightly crazy, but so, so fun.

I have spent so much time on there lately, it's completely addictive. And then I find another book that I've read and want to review and I just keep getting sucked in!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This website is awesome! I have way too many books to read, and sooo not enough time to read them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results