shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a name!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
DH and my amazing son brought me home an early b-day gift today....an adorable baby ferret! :appl: I'm smitten! :love: But...the poor baby doesn't have a name! :(( I'm horrible at choosing names, and DH and DS insist that I choose. I've considered Kong (after the King), Waddle, because thats how he looks from behind when he walks and Cooper after a town in Maine where my parents summer. But none of them seem quite right, so I'm hoping that some of you might have suggestions! I'll try to upload a pic tomorrow. =)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bueller. Ferret Bueller.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a gift you were hoping for? :twirl: :bigsmile: happy early birthday!!!

I need to see the picture to help suggest names!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra|1342746261|3236945 said:
Bueller. Ferret Bueller.

This is scary but that was literally what first came to my mind. Seriously.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bueller. Ferret Bueller.
:lol: I love it!

Lately I just want to name all small animals Vern, so I'm no help. Unless you like Vern. :cheeky:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Lyra: :lol: :lol: That's so funny! I love it! :lol: :lol:

DS: Kind of a funny thing, my son asked for a ferret for Christmas last year and didn't get one... But that's ok, I'm thinking of buying him diamond studs for his birthday! :bigsmile: I really do think the ferret is adorable, and he doesn't stink nearly as bad as I thought he would! :lol:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1342746513|3236951 said:
Bueller. Ferret Bueller.
:lol: I love it!

Lately I just want to name all small animals Vern, so I'm no help. Unless you like Vern. :cheeky:

Reminds me of that movie Earnest Goes to Camp. 'What do you mean Vern?' :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
PONCE! Name him Ponce! That's such a good animal name.

We had a ferret when we were little and his name was Kit Karson. He used to poop on my dad's leg every time dad held him.

haha I like Bueller too.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Elmer.

Thats all :bigsmile:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You guys are good at this! Ponce is good name too, he seems to be super curious, like an explorer, and Ponce reminds me of Ponce de Leon. :))

My son likes Bruiser or Fuzzbutt. :lol:

Can you believe that there are pages and pages of Ferret names on the web! :loopy: Who knew?!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
There is a dog in my street called Pocket. I think that is the most AWESOME name for a pet, so I'm just putting it out there for you...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Echidna|1342752654|3237007 said:
There is a dog in my street called Pocket. I think that is the most AWESOME name for a pet, so I'm just putting it out there for you...
Haha--I had a student nicknamed Pocket.

We have family friends who used to have a dog named Jacket. I never understood the name, they just said it sounded good. I like quirky names. :cheeky:

I'm really digging Ponce!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Walden?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Bueller. Ferret Bueller.
LOL, Lyra!!!! Very clever!

I like Ponce too.

I have a big problem, though. Where's the baby ferret pic?????

Show me the ferret!! :cheeky:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a little lizard and garter snake once that I named Lewis and Clark (also explorers)..you could call him..um..Lewison Clark. One thing I remember about Kit Karson was that we would jump at you from behind corners and such, you could call him Bonsai. Or..Jim. I like to name things. I have a little soap dish that has a kick ass frog on it that I hung above the sink in the bathroom b/c he *is* so kick ass I couldn't put soap on him, and I call him Ponce.

And hey yeah, where's the pictures??

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I knew you would all be good at this! :bigsmile: Sorry about the pics. My battery is dead in my camera, and so I'm desperately searching for the charger that is lost somewhere in my little guys bedroom. :rolleyes: I'll get some up today though I promise. I can't wait to show you all how cute he is. So he's just a baby, so he bites and nips a lot so we thought maybe a name like Chomp, but not Chomp, just something like it. And he digs too, but when I was in school we had a ferret named DIgger, until my mom closed him in the dishwasher. :-o ;( :nono: My mom likes Twitch, so we've added that to the list. But I've got to get a name picked today because everyone is calling him Fuzzbutt and I'm afraid that it will stick! :sick:

Oh, the guys bought me a really cute little carrier for him too, do any of you know if your allowed to take them shopping in their carriers? Does that annoy people? :???: We of course have a big cage (the ferret mansion :lol:.....looks lovely in my living room btw) but we also have a very curious boxer who keeps getting his nose nipped when he roams to close so, I'm a bit concerned about leaving them both home alone until they have time to be properly introduced to each other and the rules! I have to run some errands and the dog loves to go, but it's going to be too hot today to take him so I thought I'd take the ferret but of course he can't be left in the care either, so the carrier would work great. Think it's ok to take him to the PO, library, and Pharmacy, or am I going to get lots of :nono: and :rolleyes: ?

edit :appl: I just found the charger so pics very soon!

packrat I've always liked your handle, and I think it would make a great name for my ferret, I hear they are little thieves and horde their finds in thier houses. :lol:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Chainsaw! I will have an animal named Chainsaw someday.

Although I really do love Ferret Bueller

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1342797209|3237205 said:
Chainsaw! I will have an animal named Chainsaw someday.

Although I really do love Ferret Bueller

I love this name! Thats perfect with the biting thing! Just added it to the list. =)

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I had a ferret many years ago and we called her Ferrettuski - a made up Russian name. it was not very PC but I was young and fascinated with all things Russian.
Name him Ghangis Khan:)

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Please don't take your ferret into public buildings.
I would imagine that some would be highly allergic to a ferret. Check your city codes as most places only allow Guide dogs.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Finally! :appl: Pictures! :love: Taking pictures of a moving, curious ferret is as hard as photographing diamonds!

Akmiss I love Ghangis Khan too! :appl: I decided an outing was probably a bad idea, so we stayed home and baby proofed the house instead. Do you know if they like water? I read only to bathe them every few months, but I haven't read anything about whether or not they like the water...

72012_093.jpg

72012_096.jpg

72012_126.jpg

72012_135.jpg

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww Christina he's adorable seeing him two words or names come to mind, Rascal & Trouble lol. Enjoy him !

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
My ferret HATED the water! How about the name Rikki Tikki? The Rudyard Kipling story is a classic even though a ferret is not a mongoose ;-)

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
So cute! I used to have Wendy & Willy weasels, they were sable colored similar to yours. Then down the road I had Sterling who was a creamy color with Silver tips and paws, gorgeous. The first two were devious and a real pain in the butt all around. They eventually got a new home. Sterling I loved dearly. He would curl up with me all the time and just be content on my lap under a blanket. He'd curl up on the passenger floor in my car in blanket, I'd take him everywhere. He'd play all over the house all day then put himself to bed at night in his crate, so cute. He was great with cats & dogs, all of them pals. I miss him. when we moved one time I found all these barbies under the dresser. It was hilarious to see him running through the house with a barbie in tow. He also loved those block nail buffers. One time my mom was visiting and he was digging through her suitcase as she unpacked. He came up with one of those white buffers and jumped out of the suitcase running for his life with that thing in his little jaws like it was magnificent treasure! Mom was busting out laughing and somewhat startled by how fast he found it and took off with it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1342746867|3236954 said:
Lyra: :lol: :lol: That's so funny! I love it! :lol: :lol:

DS: Kind of a funny thing, my son asked for a ferret for Christmas last year and didn't get one... But that's ok, I'm thinking of buying him diamond studs for his birthday! :bigsmile: I really do think the ferret is adorable, and he doesn't stink nearly as bad as I thought he would! :lol:

You read my mind! :bigsmile: This place is becoming scary...we are all starting to think alike! :errrr:

He really is cute!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
He has a name!!! I've decided to name him 'Sanity' It's a shortened version of a Metallica song.

Thank you all so so much for all your help and inspiration! I was literally ready to place all of your awesome suggestions into a hat and draw one. They were awesome, thank you!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Sanity is good (or IN sanity as the case may be...)

And I really hope your son wears his diamond studs in good health and happiness. I mean really, what little kid doesn't put diamond studs on their wish list every year??? I did!!! :Up_to_something:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Frayed Ends of Sanity! Good choice!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I should stop opening up pet threads because every single time I see pictures I end up wanting more pets. Sanity is so so so cute!!!!!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I haven't checked back in since I posted about his name.

DiamondSeeker :lol: That's really funny. I can think of a worse group of people to share thoughts with though! Thank you for the Happy Birthday! =)

akimss I really hope that he likes the water. He's 6 months old so it's probably time to find out. It's so sad because the pet store had two of these little guys and they had been there for 3 months. :nono: :(( DH had a tough time walking out with just one, and both of the boys have been trying very hard to get me to go back for the second. Guilt! :(( I'm going to give him a bath today. He isn't as stinky as I thought he would be, someone told me it's because of the diet he is on, and that if we change it, he may start to have a musky odor. :read: Not sure if that's true, but I"m not taking chances. I remember being little and going to my Aunts house and being attacked my the scent of the 3 cats living inside. :-o I do NOT want people to smell ferret when they come to my house. Although, I'm sure much of it is how well you clean and take care of them. ;))

cnspotts :lol: They are hilarious! Ours does this little 'war dance' where he starts chattering away while jumping from side to side and forward and back, then he chomps on my big toe until I chase him. Then it starts all over again! Yesterday he knocked over a little flower pot that was on the window sill, while I was cleaning it up, he would run over and roll around in the soil, so I'd pass him off to play with DH and DS, and I'd hear this 'hee hee, hee hee' sound from behind me and when I turned to look he was rolling around in the soil that hadn't been scooped up yet. It sounded just like he was laughing. I left the soil for a few minutes to see what would happen and every time I turned my back I heard 'hee hee hee' I'd turn around and there he was again swimming in dirt.

Enerchi and Packrat :lol: Thats funny because the name of the song is Welcome Home/Sanitarium so that's his full name. I had reservations about posting it, because the song is based on the novel One Flew Over the Cookoos Nest by Ken Kessy, and I was afraid that people would think I was being very un- PC. But now when I listen to other people call him Sanity, it sounds like they are calling him Sandy. :???: So another name change may be in order. :(sad What do you think of Master Puppet?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results