shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally decided to remake!

boxy

Rough_Rock
I recently upgraded my stone (see thread,"was this a good deal?" on rocky talky). My original bands were custom made to hold my 1ct stone. We tried using the same setting for my 1.79, and after two trials of manipulation by the jeweler, it still was not quite right. There were gaps between the bands, one side was more noticeable than the other. It was slight, but still enough to bug me and my OCD tendencies. After much deliberation, I met with another jeweler yesterday, and he designed the most amazing setting for me! I love that it still captures the overall look of my original setting, yet gives it a modern twist. I can't wait!!!! : )

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

profile ring.jpg

angled view ring.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great. Very beautiful ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new setting! A modern take on a classic!

boxy

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies!
Funny, I was almost beginning to second guess my decision after the dearth of response, so I truly appreciate the feedback. I am small in stature, but have always LOVED big jewelry. I feel like combining the two rings into one will help accomplish this. However, I asked my jeweler to see if there were anyway he could add some sort of detail in the metal work on the head of the ring, just to give the side profile some interest, and also maybe soften up the lines a little. Not sure if it would work, we'll see what he says or suggests. Any thoughts? Here's a profile view of a Ritani ring setting that is very similar to the round w/ two baguette look that my ring has. I love the detail, but would likely not want diamonds in the metal work- I'm trying to keep cost down after the upgrade. : ) http://ritani.lithyemdevelopment.com/ritani_jewelery/item/560

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ARe you going with the two tone - I like that look!
I love the Ritani detail on the link you posted - very nice! Or maybe 1 surprise RB on each side of the centre stone? I definitely prefer the softness of a U or X or trellis as opposed to the basket set as shown on the CAD.

You are designing a beautiful ring - enjoy!

boxy

Rough_Rock
Yes, I'm still going with two toned, 14K for band portion and platinum head. I mix and match my metals alot, so two toned works for me. I really like the idea of a surprise diamond on each side. I'll mention it to my jeweler and see what he can come up with. I am anxious it see how it turns out! I think softening the look by adding some curves to the metal work in the gallery will be a nice balance.

boxy

Rough_Rock
It's here. The final renderings of my new ring! I am in LOVE with what my jeweler created! He softened up the look of the ring by adding some curves to the head of it. He also added some nice surprise diamonds to it, as well as a hidden "M" under the center basket of the ring- which is my monogram. I cannot wait to see it in real life! Now the toughest part......waiting!!!!

Attachments

• ring CAD.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 71

boxy

Rough_Rock
Not certain that the images came through. For some reason, I cannot seem to get the pdf files to download correctly as am image. Can anyone help? Or did the pics come through ok?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
boxy|1339464784|3214195 said:
Not certain that the images came through. For some reason, I cannot seem to get the pdf files to download correctly as am image. Can anyone help? Or did the pics come through ok?

Here you go, I converted it for you.

59954_b6075f5ebbf9dfdb7bd5b7e08ed020b2.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice details on the undermount - that filigree "M" portion and the surprise diamonds ... NICE! You must be just trembling with excitement! sometimes the CADS are too tempting!
Glad you are keeping the 2 tone look as well.

boxy

Rough_Rock
Thanks TravelingGal! I appreciate your help! : ) I am pretty lost when it comes to techy things.

boxy

Rough_Rock
Enerchi, it's going to be a loooong 3 weeks, that's for sure. I will have to find something to keep me preoccupied til then. : ) Thank you for mentioning the two toned look. Ironically, I was wavering back and forth today on whether or not I should go all platinum, but you confirmed my original instinct to stick with the original "look" and keep with two-toned.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
wow!!! I love it!!! Absolutely stunning!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
The YG mix w the platinum is perfect! Did you see Danny's thread on gold vs platinum? I think things go in cycles, but the overall theme there, seemed to be that gold is a forever choice (pharoah's were mentioned, and we haven't had many pharoahs around for a pretty long time.... ;)) ) so for a forever setting, you can't go wrong with timeless! you are combining both contemporary (the "cup" type setting) with the classic - YG. I love it!

I find seeing CAD's, makes me want the ring EVEN MORE now that I've been tempted with a quick visual! Hang in there...

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I love it boxy! :appl: I like how you were able to make it uniquely yours. Adding your monogram was a nice touch, and I love that you softened some of the lines and stayed with the two tone. I think that it's going to look incredible. 3 weeks! Argh!! That's so hard, but we will all be counting the days with you! :bigsmile: And patiently awaiting pics! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wait will be worth it. I think your ring will be gorgeous.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
boxy|1339466787|3214226 said:
Thanks TravelingGal! I appreciate your help! : ) I am pretty lost when it comes to techy things.

No problem! It looks great!

boxy

Rough_Rock
It's FINALLY done!!!! : ) I couldn't be happier with the results! Hope you all enjoy! : )

img_1889.jpg

img_1905.jpg

dscn0550.jpg

dscn0547.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, boxy! :appl: it's exactly like the CADs and looks amazing on yoU! :love:
Fantastic reset decision :appl:

boxy

Rough_Rock
Here's some more views.

dscn0549.jpg

dscn0551.jpg

dscn0554.jpg

img_1904.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out beautifully - I love the two toned look! The ring looks substantial and your center stone does not get lost in the side stones. Wow!

Please feel free to take many more pictures - I love the look on your hand!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous!!! Enjoy it!! :appl:

jacy

Shiny_Rock
It's stunning! I can't stop looking at the profile view with the surprise diamonds! :love: Overall, it's a very beautiful and unique design...you must be so happy with how it turned out.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the profile shots with the "SWOOP" and the surprise diamonds - very lovely!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results