shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement & House Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling

Shiny_Rock
congrats wonka! your house looks absolutely lovely! what a great time for you! the ring is so classic and elegant.. and what a great proposal story!
30.gif
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay congrats! a house AND a girl!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wonka, I''m absolutely delighted for you! Sounds like quite the memorable time in your life.

I''m STUNNED to see how "finished" your house looks. I''ve been telling Mara recently that I''m having a much slower time getting my house together.....I''m a victim of indecisiveness.....which *isn''t* my normal modus operandi. Typically, I''m set up with a week or two of moving.....I''ve moved so many times I can practically do it in my sleep.

However, it seems different now that I *own* the house. I think it''s because once I hang something, I know it''s probably going to stay there for a very long time, so I want to make SURE it''s what I want to see. I have a few wall hangings that are ready to go up, but we are getting new furniture (waiting for the delivery date to be assigned), and I''m not sure the grouping will go as well there when we put the new piece on that wall.....so it''s waiting for me to make up my mind.

I haven''t decided what''s going over the fireplace until we decide what pictures we are ordering from the wedding.

One of the pictures that has always been a staple in my dining room is framed in cherry, but now our dining room set is honey oak, and the hardwood floors match the table set, so I''m not sure if the cherry is going to look right.....so THAT remains unhung.

The stupid thing about this is.....I''m going to live there for the next 30 years, so it''s fairly inevitable that I''ll end up changing things over time anyway, so I don''t know why I''m so fixated on placement of things....but I am.

It''s coming along slowly, though.....I think I''m just more willing this time to let the space "speak" to me a little bit and let it evolve.

Your place looks lovely, and the ring is gorgeous. Congratulations again!

PS - How has the new snowblower worked for you?

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all again! Hopefully with a little more time I can do some better pics for you guys!

We really worked hard so far to get the house where we want it. It will take a while longer as the $$$ is drying up for more stuff for the walls, etc, but it definately shows a great deal for being in our possession only 3 weeks. Three rooms painted, new furinture, assembled desk and tables. As a teacher, I was lucky we got the house when we did because I basically had 10 days vacation to do it up. It was a marathon, but in the end well worth it!

PS - Al, the snow blower works great...it hasn''t snowed yet! The hex is on I think :) Really, I fired it up once to check it out and it is quite intimidating!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results