shape
carat
color
clarity

What's Cooking?

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Anyone here like to cook? What are you making tonight for dinner? Want to share a great receipe?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing fancy...I'm so tired of cooking! I'm going to do some homemade mac&cheese with ham in it. I put onions and
New Orleans cajun spice on it to kick it up some. My DH really enjoys it unfortunately the kids dont. I also have to make
a pot of Kraft Mac&cheese for them to eat! :(sad

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha I do like to cook but I work long hours during the week so I am too tired to cook so I think hubby is grilling some hotdogs and maybe make some boxed mac-n-cheese and a veggie, not healthy but at least its food :wink2:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
my sister and cousin and a friend and I all go to a place here called Time for Dinner, a meal prep, usually every 6ish weeks. I portion mine down to smaller amounts per portion so that I am not having so much leftovers if any, and can make the meals last me 6 weeks making 4 meals a week, unless it's really cold out and I don't feel like leaving our weekends are usually a mess so I don't usually cook. Tonight we're having Mongolian Bistro Steak or something, with grilled vegetables, possibly rice. Last night it was mojito chicken. I might make the other Mojito Chickens I packed differently next time, as the marinate is supposed to still be saucy when it's done and it was more gelatinous lol. Tomorrow is going to be pesto pasta, and possibly garlic bread. I haven't decided what else if anything else will be made with that.

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
diamondrnglover|1340743060|3224007 said:
Ha I do like to cook but I work long hours during the week so I am too tired to cook so I think hubby is grilling some hotdogs and maybe make some boxed mac-n-cheese and a veggie, not healthy but at least its food :wink2:

I think we are having hot dogs too tonight. I found this receipe that sounded pretty good.

BAKED BEAN AND HOT DOG CASSEROLE

1 pkg. of 10 hot dogs
1 med. onion
2 tbsp. butter
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 1/2 c. baked beans
1/2 c. catsup
1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
Provolone cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In skillet cook sliced hot dogs with chopped onion, butter, dry mustard, allspice, and pepper. Mix well. Set aside. Pour baked beans into casserole dish, add catsup and brown sugar. Mix well. Layer hot dogs evenly over baked beans. Top with Provolone cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.

I don't have Provolone so I'm going with cheddar cheese. :) Hot dogs and wine. What a combo. :lol:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH is making sticky lemon chicken tonight. It's a Gordon Ramsay recipe. I'll eat it if I'm not too sick. We'll probably have a little Caprese salad on the side, which I can always stomach. Mmmmm. Our basil is growing like gangbusters, so we need to use it up. (Too bad none of our tomatoes are fully ripe yet.)

I'm so proud of myself. I hate salmon, hate it hate it hate it, but we read that it's important to eat salmon while pregnant, so DH made salmon yesterday for dinner and I ate 3 whole ounces of it. One teeny tiny bite at a time. He made this great lemon vinaigrette sauce that I could have just sipped on its own, so that helped. He also grilled a spaghetti squash, which is one of my favorites, so that helped.

All of your delicious, indulgent meals are making me hungry to eat some cheat food. Hot dogs! Mac n cheese! Baked beans! Oh, my!

Zoe--One of my favorite pasta dishes is to chop some Roma tomatoes and fresh garlic and to mix it with EVOO and angel hair. SO easy, but so yummy. If I'm feeling fancy I'll make some shrimp in a bit of butter and white wine and throw that in, too. I'm usually too lazy for the shrimp, though. You know, the three minutes they take to saute is sometimes just too much! :cheeky:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Crockpot pulled pork BBQ sandwiches :). Brownie sundaes for dessert!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Husband is on The Pritiken diet, so chicken breasts with seasoning, Sweet potato and steamed spinach with fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Skippy you are awesome. I don't know how you do all the cooking, shopping and take care of the twins and post here.... You are super organized I would imagine!!!! :))

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1340751461|3224075 said:
Husband is on The Pritiken diet, so chicken breasts with seasoning, Sweet potato and steamed spinach with fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Skippy you are awesome. I don't know how you do all the cooking, shopping and take care of the twins and post here.... You are super organized I would imagine!!!! :))
This sounds like my husband's staple meal! I've never heard of the Pritiken diet, but it sounds like a bodybuilding diet to me. :cheeky:

Skippy--You really ARE amazing.

Since I posted my last response I've changed my mind for this evening. Now I'm going to ask DH to make a carrot ginger dressing for me to use on the bibb lettuce we have in our garden. I cannot tell you how strong my desire is for carrot ginger dressing at this moment. AAAAAAAH!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Grilled Chicken over a avacado/cucumber/grilled corn/feta and pecan salad. With rolls.

I am really trying to expand my repetiore in the kitchen, so I have a growing list of things to try. We try new things anywhere from 1-3 times a week and we've been having about an 80% success rate on ones that are keepers. I am trying to do as much from scratch as possible, but DH's kitchen was woefully stocked when we got married and I moved in about a month ago, so I am slowly building up the spice cabinet, baking ingredients, etc. It's expensive if you try to do it all at once!

I try not to be intimidated by the super involved stuff (coq au vin scares me), but I am starting to make my own soups, breads, marinades. We are having a blast trying everything out!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feb03 - dinner sounds awesome! We went to a rib fest over Father's Day weekend and I had a pulled pork sandwich. Yum!

Haven - oh, I do love pasta and tomatoes, but it's not the most exciting and I'm in the mood for something more adventurous tonight. I love caprese salad. I love, love, love buffalo mozzarella! It's funny you mentioned your recipe because that's exactly what I was planning on making before I realized we don't have any shrimp (D. can't eat it anyway) or wine. I'm too lazy to go to the store.

And...my husband just called to say he was craving Chinese. Score!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I made my own recipe oven baked chicken (panko bread crumbs and seasonings) with garlic mashed potatoes and homemade strawberry and blueberry cobbler for dessert.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Tonight I made spicy peanut butter baked tofu with The Heat is On peanut butter from PB&Co over mixed greens. I was going to do a whole stir-fry with it with a ton of veggies and brown rice but DH ended up stuck at work so salad was easier for just me! Tomorrow night I'm trying something new: chickpeas, carrot pulp (leftover from our juicer), and currants with fresh cilantro and lemon juice over arugula.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could make this too! the 13 hours accounts for part of the marinading, not all cooking time!! lol I would never do that! hahahaa
I only cook a good meal once or twice a week and we have leftovers! I am not that good! thanks ladies!

I will post some low cal meals I made too.

I made this many times Chicken Rollatini. I actually use 4 chicken breasts from Costco and cut them in half. I use more spinach than is called for and add green onion to the mix.
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

Mexican Carnitas, I didn't have adobo so I used chilli powder, cumin, oregano, paprika and garlic and onion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobo

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/mexican-slow-cooked-pork-carnitas.html?showComment=1277394485403_AIe9_BGzYtqOmEh8U92xhKfzfOcTkipBes8Lj7DzgenvtMUCwky390244VsiBlEQgz2NsiUg6XdB6uGmPzN84frn0VDZfFL5h2NNkTRc7BYSVOq2iEqaPCCIW4JT2oPXCf1xJsPA7A7dkMILKhao

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results