shape
carat
color
clarity

My intro- again....

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies. I was on the list quite a while back, but I ended things with my ex, who, at twenty-eight years old, had no intentions on growing up and leading the life of an adult.

So, here I am. I have been with my new guy for over a year now. We have been living together in our own place for eight months. He asked me to give him ideas of what I'd like in a ring. I really had no idea myself, so I went to some B&M stores at the mall (I know, I know.... but just to get ideas, and my ring size. I'll strangle him if he buys from one of them. lol)
At first I was hell bent on a white-gold, princess cut solitaire. Now..... I've been leaning towards a three-stone plus, white-gold solitaire (princess cut, of course).

1_66.jpg
This is the one I tried on at a store in the mall. I fell in love- this is pretty much what I want (so hopefully the bf can replicate it somewhere). It's 1 1/2 carats... which I think looks decent (I don't think I'd wanna go bigger?!? I have skinny fingers!)

Anywho- so, I'm back. Trying to be patient. I know it won't be anytime soon, but he has said that he will marry me in the future. Right now, we are getting finances in order, not to mention he bought me a pre-owned car that he's making payments on. So, I most certainly cannot except a ring until the car is paid off. And I'm fine with that. It's just hard being patient. :twirl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and does anyone know how I go about changing my username?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back! I hope the wait is faster than you think :)

Message the admins to change your username. Hit the "report concern" button at the top of the thread.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1340235494|3220664 said:
Welcome back! I hope the wait is faster than you think :)

Message the admins to change your username. Hit the "report concern" button at the top of the thread.

I hope so too, thanks! 6.5 years was wayyyyyyy too long before, and all for nothing, nonetheless. However, now that I look back, if I would have married the ex, I would have been so flippin' miserable! :sick:

And thank you for the tip!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
hi there! and welcome back. i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to know you before your return, but i just wanted to say that i know where you've been. it's a rough road, and though my ex was perfectly grown up, he was a little too grown up and a little too laid back about our problems to the point where i was miserable too! i took me a long time to FINALLY convince myself that marrying him would have made me miserable, and now i am in a new relationship that is heading into almost a year, and i am over the moon for him.

it IS hard being patient, but i just tell myself that i still get to spend all this time with him and that the right time will come. i know he's not going anywhere :) plus, it gives you plenty of time to really decide on what you want. i think the style of the ring you chose is lovely.

in the meantime you know you have here for vent all your concerns and frustrations without judgment!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
sweetpea&babycorn|1340240160|3220710 said:
hi there! and welcome back. i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to know you before your return, but i just wanted to say that i know where you've been. it's a rough road, and though my ex was perfectly grown up, he was a little too grown up and a little too laid back about our problems to the point where i was miserable too! i took me a long time to FINALLY convince myself that marrying him would have made me miserable, and now i am in a new relationship that is heading into almost a year, and i am over the moon for him.

it IS hard being patient, but i just tell myself that i still get to spend all this time with him and that the right time will come. i know he's not going anywhere :) plus, it gives you plenty of time to really decide on what you want. i think the style of the ring you chose is lovely.

in the meantime you know you have here for vent all your concerns and frustrations without judgment!

Hi! Sorry things with your ex made you miserable. Isn't it sad that we are so complacent that we hold onto unhealthy relationships like that, either because we're comfortable or because we don't think that anything better is out there? I chalk my experience up to being "Young and dumb." Live and learn, and learn I did.....

I'm sure I'll be doing plenty of venting here. :Up_to_something: But not TOO much venting.

You're right, too about having plenty of time to decide. I change my mind so often, who knows what kind of ring I'll want in three month's time. The right time will definitely come.... hopefully sooner rather than later. :lol:

peonia

Rough_Rock
welcome back! i'm glad you're happier now, sounds like it all unfolded the way it was supposed to :) the ring is gorgeous, but as others have said you still have time to look around and decide, which is fun! i changed my mind a few times, every time thinking "this is it!" only to not even remotely like the design a few days later. good luck and hope your wait is short!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
peonia|1340443533|3222304 said:
welcome back! i'm glad you're happier now, sounds like it all unfolded the way it was supposed to :) the ring is gorgeous, but as others have said you still have time to look around and decide, which is fun! i changed my mind a few times, every time thinking "this is it!" only to not even remotely like the design a few days later. good luck and hope your wait is short!

Hi Peonia, and thanks!

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Welcome Back! And congrats on the man-upgrade!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
somedaysunday|1340490149|3222556 said:
Welcome Back! And congrats on the man-upgrade!
man-upgrade... I like that. :Up_to_something: He certainly is an upgrade; like going from a Ford to a Ferrari. :lol:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
welcome back!!! all about the man upgrade, I'm glad you are much happier now.

acph154

Rough_Rock
Welcome back! I was in the same boat, but never introduced myself before or now. :)

Love the man-upgrade!

We just ordered the ring last week and he said I waited 14 years before, a few months is a drop in the bucket! :/ Not sure why I still want to marry someone that loves to torture me so! ;-)

I can't even stand waiting for the ring to be made! Hope your wait is short!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results