shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with my solitaire setting!

zcoop7

Rough_Rock
I was wanting to get some opinions on some settings. I have decided I want a solitaire setting and I plan on getting a 1 carat asscher to go in it (currently waiting for more info on my diamond)...I just can't decide which one of these settings I like better. They are both from JA, which is where I plan on getting my diamond. One is a knife edge 2mm 14k gold setting and the other is comfort fit 1.5mm 18k gold. I like the look of the knife edge but haven't actually tried on any of these and I also like how thin the 1.5mm setting looks but it looks like the band is kinda tall and skinny if that makes sense? Anyways, my question is...which do you guys think will look the best and be the most comfortable? The 1.5mm looks like it is thicker on the sides or something. Any opinions on these are welcome. I don't have much money to spend on my setting since 80% of the budget is going towards my diamond (: I want something that looks clean and classic but still comfortable for everyday wear. Thanks!
2mm Knife Edge
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/14k-white-gold-2mm-knife-edge-solitaire-ring-17001w.html

1.5mm Comfort Fit
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-ringssolitairering/item_57-8435.asp

zcoop7

Rough_Rock
One more question. If I went with the knife edge setting would it limit my choices of wedding bands? I am just so on the fence about these...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd probably go for the knife edge now. We have seen a fair number of people with asschers reset into halos since they face up small, so I would get a less expensive setting now and then you haven't wasted a lot of money if you decide to reset later. Many of us have learned this the hard way!

zcoop7

Rough_Rock
Thanks that was my original #1 but I keep looking at different settings lol! Makes sense tho.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a lot of us are guilty of continuing to look at settings and that is what causes the reset problem! :lol:

My setting is knife edge and I think they work well with most bands.

zcoop7

Rough_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results