shape
carat
color
clarity

Same ring, two different sites

lindacat

Rough_Rock
Question posted: SERIOUSLY!! Who would go to such lengths to post someone else's stuff?

Answer: to make a profit, which she could do quite easily here. Just sell the ring, then buy it herself from Three Graces, send to her own buyer, and pocket the extra $800!

I, too, think it is a SHADY practice and I would not deal with someone if I found out this was the case with their business.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Lindacat, I guess my question should have been worded, "why would a person be so stupid?" :wink2:
Nikki can also come right out and say she has it as well, accusing the TG of duplicating. I am going to see what happens when I inquire about it.
Whoever has it should be able to produce additional pics/video right? -OR- they will just say it was recently sold...

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I spoke with Nikki myself and she stated that the ring is owned by her. She has a partner that gave it to the TG on memo. M-that also may have explained your scenario as well. I KNOW, Maybe I am naive, but there are so many aspects of this biz I/we don't understand.

I have had the opposite experience as what has been stated here with her. Which is why I am so hesitant to label her based on presumption. And, only getting the TG side isn't necessarily due diligence. In a court, you don't just go on one side's testimony and make a decision. Get both sides. Having said that, I am not a lawyer and this isn't court. So I am going to bow out b/c I really don't want to have that much of a role in what can really damage a person's livelihood when I don't feel there's much to go on in this instance. (one person's word vs another) I would rather be a cheerleader on new bling and student for the time being.

Derbygal, she said that the TG had a buyer, so the partner gave it to them and today it will be taken off the TG site b/c the sale didn't go thru. I know it may sound shady, but having something for sale with another vender here on PS, I have asked them not to even tell me when a sale "fails." I don't even want to get my hopes up. The vendor said they don't for that reason. So many sales fall thru at the "show me the money" stage. Whatever the case is here, it probably isn't the best way to do things business-wise, if at all, but there you go....the other side. It truly is a gorgeous ring and, from what I have been told is still avail.

I am not diminishing others interactions, they do bear weight, but as for the avail of the ring and who owns it, we have two parties stating the same. I think caution is advised with any internet interaction. :wavey:

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
vinjewels|1340046708|3218820 said:
I spoke with Nikki myself and she stated that the ring is owned by her. She has a partner that gave it to the TG on memo. M-that also may have explained your scenario as well. I KNOW, Maybe I am naive, but there are so many aspects of this biz I/we don't understand.

I have had the opposite experience as what has been stated here with her. Which is why I am so hesitant to label her based on presumption. And, only getting the TG side isn't necessarily due diligence. In a court, you don't just go on one side's testimony and make a decision. Get both sides. Having said that, I am not a lawyer and this isn't court. So I am going to bow out b/c I really don't want to have that much of a role in what can really damage a person's livelihood when I don't feel there's much to go on in this instance. (one person's word vs another) I would rather be a cheerleader on new bling and student for the time being.

Derbygal, she said that the TG had a buyer, so the partner gave it to them and today it will be taken off the TG site b/c the sale didn't go thru. I know it may sound shady, but having something for sale with another vender here on PS, I have asked them not to even tell me when a sale "fails." I don't even want to get my hopes up. The vendor said they don't for that reason. So many sales fall thru at the "show me the money" stage. Whatever the case is here, it probably isn't the best way to do things business-wise, if at all, but there you go....the other side. It truly is a gorgeous ring and, from what I have been told is still avail.

I am not diminishing others interactions, they do bear weight, but as for the avail of the ring and who owns it, we have two parties stating the same. I think caution is advised with any internet interaction. :wavey:

I have no interest in ruining anyone's livelihood either and perhaps I was remiss in only contacting The Three Graces. Only one of these businesses can own this ring, so someone isn't being totally upfront here. I don't think it's at all unusual for dealers to bring in stones or rings on memo, so I can't understand why anyone would lie about this. I suppose we will never know who actually owns the ring, but my bet is on The Three Graces as they are a large and reputable company. This is also not the first time that Nikki has listed a ring I know for a fact she didn't own....and I know this because I saw it on the finger of a dealer I completely trust and who DID (and still does) own it. Does this make Nikki shady? No -- like I said, it's not at all unusual for dealers to call in pieces they don't own. These pieces change hands all the time and it's likely hard to keep up with who listed it where.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will readily admit that I do not care for Nikki or her sales tactics. I've had only one experience with her and it started out very positively -- she was very nice and responsive and seemed interested in helping me find "the one." She even asked to see pictures of my kids (which seemed a bit odd, but she was very friendly and warm). Then, when I ultimately decided against the ring she had for sale, she became an entirely different person and was extremely rude to me. It made me feel that all the nice stuff beforehand was simply a sales tactic. Again, she didn't do anything shady or dishonest with me, but she did not behave like someone with whom I am interested in doing business. It's too bad because she has some pretty pieces.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting that vinjewels is being told a very similar story about an "associate" or "partner" who is handling these rings. As per Madelise:

the fact that she had a ring that supposedly got sold by her 'associate' to another friend, who is a vendor, in NY state, and already had a buyer for that ring…. then she wanted to ship it back to CA, for me to see and buy ASAP because she's doing such a big favor for me…

Also of note the ring in question is still on the Three Graces site
http://www.georgianjewelry.com/jewelry/category/diamond-engagement-rings/7

JDMWDC

Rough_Rock
lindacat|1339593205|3215317 said:
I have dealt with The Three Graces before and I believe them to be quite reputable. I know they also sell on Ruby Lane and their own website; not sure if they sell on other sites or not.
I would just come right out and ask Three Graces about it - and tell them you found the same exact ring on a different website and different seller; I would think it has to be the same ring!?
Maybe if the Etsy item "sold", the Etsy seller was then going to actually buy the item from Three Graces and then send it on to the buyer and make a small profit? If it sold for full price on Etsy, she could pay the price that Three Graces is asking and still make $800!

Sorry about digging up a month old thread, but guess my motives :Up_to_something:

I actually got my first engagement ring for my now-fiancee from The Three Graces. They had the you-know-whats to send me a ring with synthetic sapphires. I could not believe it. Guess thats what I get for buying online. I saw the flame fusion bubbles in the stones under the microscope myself when I got it independently appraised (not at a jewelery shop, so I know the guy wasn't just trying to get a customer).

I guess Lisa gets something for offering me a full refund, but frankly it's embarrassing for them. What if I hadn't spent $250 on a good appraiser and had my girl walking around with a fake $10,000 ring?

Anything associated with Three Graces I'd be careful. They have some pretty rings and I think we're all attracted to their buyers' senses of style, but apparently no one who works there knows much about precious gems! I won't hold it against you guys that I'd never heard of them before joining Price Scope :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results