shape
carat
color
clarity

how old were you when you gave birth...

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I was 23 when I had my eldest. I had my first two in grad school at 23 and 26; had my 3rd at 29. And now, my eldest is about to turn 15!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
29.. and I'm still 29!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
First child born at 29, second baby on the way and due the week of my 33rd birthday!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1339454501|3214080 said:
monarch64|1339442238|3213971 said:
NewEnglandLady|1339441195|3213957 said:
30! And am champing at the bit to have another.

Ha, I'm like you NEL, except mine is only two weeks! My poor husband wads a bit bewildered looking last night when I asked him what he thought about trying for another ASAP. Maybe my feelings will change but every day that goes by I feel like she is already growing so fast and I just love every precious minute right now. I kind of hate having visitors who just hog the baby, I try to take advantage of that time by pumping or doing chores but all I want to be doing is holding her myself! Dh and I "fight" over who gets to hold her sometimes! I would have six more if there was time but then again I would have to deal with a bunch of crazies running around in a few years. Maybe just one more will satisfy me. Never would have thought I would be this nuts about a baby, and definitely never thought I would be anything but a "one and done!". I have surprised myself! Have you always wanted more than one?

Isn't it odd how that happens? We weren't sure if we'd want more than one, but said we'd play it by ear. And if I'm being honest, we were equal parts terrified and excited throughout my pregnancy. Once she arrived, I was immediately smitten. I thought it might wear off, but it's only gotten stronger (she'll be 4 months in a week).

I do think we'll stop at two (though DH keeps telling me to be open-minded about more). The only thing that makes me want to wait a bit is that if I only get to go through all of this one more time, then I don't want to rush into it. I'd rather look forward to it longer since next time will most likely be it. If that makes any sense at all.

When do you think you'll have your second?

Butting in where I don't belong, but two kids is SO much different than one! At least for us. It quadrupled the work ;)) The new baby is simple because as a second timer you are so much more relaxed, but 2-4 year olds are bundles of wild energy and hard to handle when you are sleep deprived! So enjoy the cakewalk on one child for a while before adding another to the mix! :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I was 31 with our first and 34 with out second. 28 month age difference.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I was 28 with our first, and 30 with our second. They are 18 months apart. Our second's due date was 1/28, and I was worried that he was going to be early and we would have to share a birthday. But he didn't want to come out and was induced.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results