carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1339268370|3212668 said:
How cute, Skippy!
thank you Zoe, they are my sweet little guys!!! How are you? hugs!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1339353562|3213247 said:
How cute, Skippy!
Hi friend! I'm good. This is my last week of school with the kids and then I have three day training session for a new program we'll be implementing in the fall. After that, I'm on summer vacation. I'm taking two week long courses this summer, but it will be nice to recharge so to speak before a new year starts with a whole new set of rugrats. :bigsmile:

We just got word that our landlord has agreed to extend our lease in our rental condo. That's great news because now our lease and our tenant's (in the condo we own) will end at the same time. When that happens, we'll move back there to save money. It will be a fairly large downsize in terms of both space and amenities, but in the end, it will be worth it to save money. This will be our last summer at our development's pool and I plan to get as much time in as possible!

How are you? What's new with you? Feel free to get in touch with me in other ways if you'd like to chat.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1339364820|3213312 said:
Skippy|1339353562|3213247 said:
How cute, Skippy!
Hi friend! I'm good. This is my last week of school with the kids and then I have three day training session for a new program we'll be implementing in the fall. After that, I'm on summer vacation. I'm taking two week long courses this summer, but it will be nice to recharge so to speak before a new year starts with a whole new set of rugrats. :bigsmile:

We just got word that our landlord has agreed to extend our lease in our rental condo. That's great news because now our lease and our tenant's (in the condo we own) will end at the same time. When that happens, we'll move back there to save money. It will be a fairly large downsize in terms of both space and amenities, but in the end, it will be worth it to save money. This will be our last summer at our development's pool and I plan to get as much time in as possible!

How are you? What's new with you? Feel free to get in touch with me in other ways if you'd like to chat.

Yay for your last week of school!!! soooo exciting; I bet you can't wait! It is worth it to save money, awesome! Enjoy your time at the pool; I would love a pool to jump into! hehe It is hot out here right now. Not much is new; my dad turned 80 so we are throwing a bday bash at my house. I was going to try and cater it but I kind of want to make the food; I think we will hire people to serve it though. I hope it turns out nice as he is a super awesome dad!

any fun plans for Father's day? Enjoy your last week because, woohooo school is out! hehe so happy for you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to visit my ILs at their beach house.
I forgot to take off my sunglasses.
The end of my nose is burnt, my forehead, cheeks, and chin are tanned, and I look like a koala. I have NO idea how I'm going to makeup this out for work tomorrow.
:-o

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
There are new Faberge pictures on the internet because apparently for his recent birthday pictures were taken of the eggs and other things with new cameras close up. Do a Google search for Faberge if you want to see them. They're awesome.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Matata! Levi's sells jeans like that! I have a pair and I love them beyond reason.

daveuts

Rough_Rock
Hi

I would just like to say after months of research, I still have no idea what I want to buy to propose to the love of my life. (OK so I do know, its just about working out where to buy, really).

However, Pricescope is by far one of the best forums I have visited, even beyond the diamond talk.

You are all a rather nice bunch - everyone complimenting everyone.

This place has been a huge help.

So I am just saying hello, and thanking you all for this massive, massive library of unbelievably helpful information.

So thank you all - I will continue to research, using Pricescope as the first destination when I have a pesky question.

My warmest hello to you all :)

Dave
Syd, AUS

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Dave!

Good luck with the ring purchase and proposal!

Since you've been around PS for awhile, you know we're al about the 1) diamonds, and 2) pictures. Do share pics when the time is right!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Universe and Powers That Be,
Thank you for everything along this particular journey so far. It has meant more to me that you can imagine and I am grateful for the experience. I ask for your help in this next piece of the puzzle. I trust that everything will work out the way it is supposed to and I know that I must work on becoming more patient which is, admittedly, not my strong suit. Please allow me to try out - and enjoy - this new adventure upon which I hope to soon embark. Thank you.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck Dave!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the first time in 15 yrs, I am back in a size 10.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1339449113|3214036 said:
that is so awesome, woohoo, you sexy lady :appl: :appl: Hopefully you are celebrating with some new outfits!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1339549019|3215009 said:
Matata|1339449113|3214036 said:
that is so awesome, woohoo, you sexy lady :appl: :appl: Hopefully you are celebrating with some new outfits!
Awww, thanks Skippy. I am having fun buying new clothes. But, I'd much rather indulge in a Haagen Daz orgy to celebrate. Won't do it though, one taste and I'll immediately develop another cellulite crater on my thighs. :blackeye:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
MY BOYFRIEND COMES TO VISIT ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

I might be a little excited.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my mom dies, it won't be from cancer. It will be from a personality disorder that is preventing her from seeking treatment for the cancer. Her *cancer* is treatable. Her *personality* is not.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1339616457|3215593 said:
When my mom dies, it won't be from cancer. It will be from a personality disorder that is preventing her from seeking treatment for the cancer. Her *cancer* is treatable. Her *personality* is not.

Deco, my heart goes out to you. I hope you and your loved ones can convince your mom to get the treatment necessary for survival. ::)

My mom is amazingly frustrating and stubborn as well. She has been in the hospital (and now rehab) for 3 weeks (and counting) because she decided it was a *good* idea to get up on the pool ledge and trim a tree...at almost age 70. And then, after she first entered rehab after surgery for the resulting smashed tibia and insertion of a plate and screws, she decided it was a *good* idea to attend my nieces ballet recital. And the day after that she was readmitted to the ER from rehab via ambulance because of extreme blood loss from a hematoma. The resulting extreme blood loss that I am sure was exacerbated by the stress to her leg she caused by leaving rehab in the first place to attend the recital. I could go on and on but suffice it to say I feel your pain. And I hope you will be successful where I could never be in convincing your mom to get the appropriate treatment so she gets better.

Sending ****dust**** your (and your mom's) way :!:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1339618202|3215608 said:
Deco, my heart goes out to you. I hope you and your loved ones can convince your mom to get the treatment necessary for survival. ::) Sending ****dust**** your (and your mom's) way :!:
Thanks Missy. Somehow it is comforting to hear that this incredibly frustrating & painful dynamic isn't uniquely ours. Though I wouldn't WISH it on anyone else for sure! As my wise sister said, "This is going to be hard for all of us for a long time. It just feels like it's hard FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS." :( (As an example of what we're dealing with: my mother refuses chemo because THE SEATS AREN'T COMFORTABLE ENOUGH. The seats she'll have to sit in for four hours, once every three weeks for four months. They are "straight back chairs." The injustice! The suffering! The indignity of HARD BACK CHAIRS!) :angryfire:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

Deco, may I be bold enough to ask how old your mom is?

Tomorrow I'm going for my first visit to the surgeon who 'might' do the biopsy. I'm armed with both an ultrasound disc and a mammography disc. The lump was found by my doctor during a routine physical about three weeks ago. I'm hoping it's benign, of course, but if it is malignant, I've decided I will NOT have chemo. Radiation maybe, but NO chemo.

I'm already living with a host of chronic medical conditions and this would be the straw that broke my back. I'm going to be 70 in a couple of weeks and have had a remarkably good life (in spite of the chronic conditions). My to-do list is finished; my bucket list is pretty well finished right now. DH and I have no dependents. Our kids have great careers and the granddaughters are on the right track. My work is done. I wonder whether your mom is in a similar situation.

After hearing and reading all the horror stories about the side effects of chemo, I've made up my mind and that's it. DH is okay with it as are the kids (sort of).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1339620202|3215627 said:
Thanks Missy. Somehow it is comforting to hear that this incredibly frustrating & painful dynamic isn't uniquely ours. Though I wouldn't WISH it on anyone else for sure! As my wise sister said, "This is going to be hard for all of us for a long time. It just feels like it's hard FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS." :( (As an example of what we're dealing with: my mother refuses chemo because THE SEATS AREN'T COMFORTABLE ENOUGH. The seats she'll have to sit in for four hours, once every three weeks for four months. They are "straight back chairs." The injustice! The suffering! The indignity of HARD BACK CHAIRS!) :angryfire:

LOL - but seriously, I'm guessing your mother's decision has nothing to do with the chairs. Just sayin'...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="isaku5|

After hearing and reading all the horror stories about the side effects of chemo, I've made up my mind and that's it. DH is okay with it as are the kids (sort of).[/quote]

good luck isaku.. :wavey:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1339631619|3215727 said:
Tomorrow I'm going for my first visit to the surgeon who 'might' do the biopsy. I'm armed with both an ultrasound disc and a mammography disc. The lump was found by my doctor during a routine physical about three weeks ago. I'm hoping it's benign, of course, but if it is malignant, I've decided I will NOT have chemo. Radiation maybe, but NO chemo.

I'm already living with a host of chronic medical conditions and this would be the straw that broke my back. I'm going to be 70 in a couple of weeks and have had a remarkably good life (in spite of the chronic conditions). My to-do list is finished; my bucket list is pretty well finished right now. DH and I have no dependents. Our kids have great careers and the granddaughters are on the right track. My work is done. I wonder whether your mom is in a similar situation.

After hearing and reading all the horror stories about the side effects of chemo, I've made up my mind and that's it. DH is okay with it as are the kids (sort of).

Isaku - Loads of dust to you - dust that this is a decision you will not have to make.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Well, I was going to write a post whining about people changing their avatar pictures (it confooooses me! :twirl: ), but after reading these last few posts, I don't think I can complain about something so minor. :rolleyes:

Tanzigrrl said:
Dear Universe and Powers That Be,
Thank you for everything along this particular journey so far. It has meant more to me that you can imagine and I am grateful for the experience. I ask for your help in this next piece of the puzzle. I trust that everything will work out the way it is supposed to and I know that I must work on becoming more patient which is, admittedly, not my strong suit. Please allow me to try out - and enjoy - this new adventure upon which I hope to soon embark. Thank you.

It'll be fine, hugs to you! :wavey: I'm sending dust to you!

decodelighted said:
missy|1339618202|3215608 said:
Deco, my heart goes out to you. I hope you and your loved ones can convince your mom to get the treatment necessary for survival. ::) Sending ****dust**** your (and your mom's) way :!:

When someone is in a situation that makes them feel scared and out of control, they fixate on little things they feel that they can control. Bring her a chair cushion, and tell her it will be fine. Everything will be fine, just keep repeating that. I am sending you hugs! :wavey:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
isaku5|1339631619|3215727 said:
Deco, may I be bold enough to ask how old your mom is? Tomorrow I'm going for my first visit to the surgeon who 'might' do the biopsy. I'm armed with both an ultrasound disc and a mammography disc. The lump was found by my doctor during a routine physical about three weeks ago. I'm hoping it's benign, of course, but if it is malignant, I've decided I will NOT have chemo. Radiation maybe, but NO chemo.
I'm already living with a host of chronic medical conditions and this would be the straw that broke my back. I'm going to be 70 in a couple of weeks and have had a remarkably good life (in spite of the chronic conditions). My to-do list is finished; my bucket list is pretty well finished right now. DH and I have no dependents. Our kids have great careers and the granddaughters are on the right track. My work is done. I wonder whether your mom is in a similar situation. After hearing and reading all the horror stories about the side effects of chemo, I've made up my mind and that's it. DH is okay with it as are the kids (sort of).
Hi Isaku5, my old pal! Of course you can ask. She's 69, in otherwise good health except for a recent onset of gluten intolerance ... but has a similar philosophy re: chemo/bucket list being done. Over the past month & a half, I've done a lot of reading about "refuseniks" ... folks who opt out of chemo or some part of treatment, mainly for quality of life reasons ... and have come to terms w/what I feel are logical reasons to make that choice. What's so maddening about my mom's situation is that she does tend to focus on tiny, incidental slights to her ego rather than the big picture. She's had a very sheltered life. Never worked outside the home. Never had to bend to other people's wills or get along. Tends to be oppositional, childlike & narcissistic in every circumstance. I know I have to accept whatever she decides. Thanks for giving me your perspective & sharing your developing story. I hope your situation turns out MUCH differently & you never have to make the decisions you're pondering because you're given the all-clear. GOOD LUCK! And thanks again.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1339635275|3215776 said:
decodelighted|1339620202|3215627 said:
LOL - but seriously, I'm guessing your mother's decision has nothing to do with the chairs. Just sayin'...
You're right, VRBeauty -- she started out with the old "it's poison" and now has moved onto "being treated like cattle/a number/an object" and "they stuck me too hard drawing blood" and "they were mean to me" and "i don't want to be around those uppity *breast cancer activists* I loathe". :o It's hard to decipher what's *real* and what's offensive, ridiculous cr*p.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1339639379|3215823 said:
When someone is in a situation that makes them feel scared and out of control, they fixate on little things they feel that they can control. Bring her a chair cushion, and tell her it will be fine. Everything will be fine, just keep repeating that. I am sending you hugs! :wavey:
You make a fine point, iLander. Accordingly, I'll try to eek out a wee bit more benefit of the doubt. And I really appreciate the hugs!

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
I don't mean to intrude, but is there anywhere else she could go for chemo? At our hospital they have comfy recliners for the patients who are getting chemo, seems like it's the least they could do. Hope it all works out.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
tina sparkle|1339687409|3216070 said:
I don't mean to intrude, but is there anywhere else she could go for chemo? At our hospital they have comfy recliners for the patients who are getting chemo, seems like it's the least they could do. Hope it all works out.
It's a logical idea, for sure! We have no luck w/those. Actually, she's already ruled out 90% of the town's medical facilities & professionals due to pre-existing grudges. Which is why there were delays even getting diagnostic appointments in the beginning. Her surgeon is investigating studies at the National Institutes of Health to see if that's an option. (Mom's heard they are "deluxe" & thus could be worthy.) Thanks!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deco,

Your mothers complaints are somewhat accurate. You are just a number, they stick you alot, they send people around to make you feel better,(they don't), They can sound rude. I have never heard of a chemo treatment center that didn't have comfi chairs, mostly recliners. If you would promise to go with her, maybe that would help. And when necessary stick up for her.

People have made chemo into the bad poison of society. I was tired, and as the chemo progressed I was nauseated more and more.
After 5 days of treatment (not 4 hr) I too got a rest for 2 weeks and gradually felt better. Then it began again. Not too bad at that time. I don't really understand people who want to die. I ended up having surgeries, radiation and more chemo. I have no regrets.
Since that time I acquired more problems and would not be able to take chemo again. I would take it in a minute.

My son just went thru Chemo(its 2 yrs now) and I know he would do it again if necessary., We are just regular people who look at it as a wonderful medicines that saved us. Talk about poison all you want, I think of it as sending soldiers into battle to kill the enemy.
I did visualize it as such. I am 73, can't walk, but still enjoy life as much as I can.

There are new types of meds down the road. Many cures ahead. Whats a little nausea. Be kind to your mother, even if she is a pain. Tell her the most important person to care about her is herself. Screw everyone else.

I am trying to be helpful. I don't know if I succeeded.

Annette

April20

Ideal_Rock
This is my first year being fully self employed. I just paid estimated Q2 federal/state taxes. It was painful.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1339694751|3216164 said:
Hi Deco,

Your mothers complaints are somewhat accurate. You are just a number, they stick you alot, they send people around to make you feel better,(they don't), They can sound rude. I have never heard of a chemo treatment center that didn't have comfi chairs, mostly recliners. If you would promise to go with her, maybe that would help. And when necessary stick up for her.

Annette

I just wanted to ditto this. The medical profession has made great strides in cutting costs and routinizing things to minimize errors, but it seems it often comes at the cost of patient care. I noticed it when donating platelettes the other day - each of the technicians had so many patients that it was hard to get anyone's attention when I needed help with something. I was dealing with physical discomfort, but not with the stress your mother, as a chemo patient, would be dealing with.

My mother is a former nurse - when my father or a neighbor is admitted to the hospital she always spends a lot of time with them to basically act as their advocate and make sure things are taken care of properly. She always has what to her are horror stories about the lack of real live attention paid to the patients - as opposed to time spent looking at a computer display. (my apologies to any medical staff who might be reading this...)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results