shape
carat
color
clarity

13mm Pearl too big for a ring?

PursuitOfBling

Rough_Rock
One that's going to also have quite an elaborate flower setting?

What do you guys think. Is bigger really better or will it look a bit ridiculous. Size of the ring will be 6.

Best regards

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a photo? A 13mm pearl is quite large especially if it's round. Is the shank large enough to keep the ring well balanced so it doesen't spin on the finger?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Might be a bit large unless you're going for a statement piece. You have to measure the width of your finger. I have about 15mm across. With 13mm pearl the setting would probably cover adjacent fingers.

I think a few ladies have had at least 11mm rings.. I can't find the links but look through the "show me your pearls" thread

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have two 11mm tahitian rings. Both are well balanced so the pearl stays on top of the finger. That is important to me. I hate fighting rings.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
for me it would dependon the setting/design.
in some instances it might be too big.
in others it might be just right.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I don't know . . . I have an 11 mm faceted stone on my middle--size 8-- finger and it's got great finger coverage.

(here it is; [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-richard-homer-is-here.145477/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-richard-homer-is-here.145477/[/URL])

I wear it and love it, but it's not 11 mm tall, either. I also have a very tall ring, about 10mm tall and it bothers me, I don't wear it a lot. I'm afraid I'm going to knock it into something. Pearls are pretty sturdy, but if it's AAA, I'd hate to accidentally make it a AA. If it's a AA, with a few small blemishes, it might not bother you too much.

I think you need to try it on, to get a real idea. If it's on the net, check the return policy carefully, it may be worth a look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results