shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help w/ choosing eternity band...

Carre cut or RB shared prong eternity band?

• 1. Carre cut eternity band

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 2. 10pt RB shared prong eternity band

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I have just celebrated our 14th anniversary! In honor of this milestone, he has agreed to buy me a diamond eternity band so I need everyone's opinion! The carre cut eternity band would be <3mm width and the shared prong would be a little over 3mm width. Which would you choose? Any pics or links would be greatly appreciated, too!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
You can't go wrong with a classic round 10 pointers band, but since you already own gorgeous round diamonds, I think you should go with something different: an asscher band, a princess band or an emerald cut band...I didn't suggest a carre cut band on purpose because I prefer carre cuts as side stones in antiquesque settings.
I also wouldn't go with an eternity ring, but I'd choose a five/seven stone band with bigger diamonds.
Some links for you:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings.62049/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings.62049/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamondfans-emerald-cut-eternity-band.55378/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamondfans-emerald-cut-eternity-band.55378/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-single-stone-%C2%BE-eternity-with-bezel-set-mini-emerald-cuts-is-done.90086/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-single-stone-%C2%BE-eternity-with-bezel-set-mini-emerald-cuts-is-done.90086/[/URL]

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would recommend the shared prong band although I would do a 5 or 7 stone. You have such beautiful rings and this would compliment them well.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Could you post a picture of your ring or a link? I need a visual! :mrgreen:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, I meant a visual of your e-ring. Is it a three-stone with the diamonds in your avatar?

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If bling is what you are looking for, round will be the way to go. :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is:

IMG_9011.JPG

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mikla--Tell me about your 3 stone emerald ring in your avatar (specs please)! That's the style of my next big ring project after this one!

thebunnybears

Rough_Rock
I am also currently looking for an eternity band as a wedding band. I recently found this one: http://www.bridal.cartier.com/brida...s-rings/precious-stones/n4209600-wedding-band

I'm going to get it priced my Steven Kirsch, but maybe this will be an option for you as well? I'm asking for 5 asschers (# of years we'd be together on our wedding day since our wedding date is our dating anniversary date). I hope it is within a good price range for us.

I had asked for a price quote of the asscher eternity SK has on his website and if anyone is wondering, it's a bit over 12k for 25point asschers for my 4.75 size finger. Although it's beautiful, it's not practical for us with our wedding expenses mounting.. although I think if we eloped, we'd probably end up getting that ring for me! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I think I would not like a 10 point eternity with a large three stone e-ring. When I think of the people on here with gorgeous 3 stone rings in addition to yours, Yssie and MGR, they both wear simple, understated bands because the 3 stone e-ring really has such a major presence already. Yssie wears a plain or engraved band with hers, I believe, and MGR wears a Tiffany channel set band with small stones with hers. I think that look is elegant as well as the bands you are now wearing. I think there is a point where one can tip over to the "too much" side. But that is just my opinion! I'd spend the money on a great RHR!

Ooops, sorry I missed this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartier-Platinum-Diamond-Eternity-Band-Ring-Signed-Numbered?item=290655945306&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9012315582194221863#ht_2258wt_922

I adore this band and do think it might work but and not sure how I feel about it with your ring without seeing them together.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS--This new eternity band would be a RHR only. I would keep my current left hand set as is since I love the look so much! However, I will eventually be getting a second RHR that will be a 3 stone emerald cut diamond ring similar to Mikla's style--already in the very, very early planning stages w/ VC. It will make a great 15 yr anniversary gift!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to say that it already looks like a perfect combination you are already sporting... until you added this will be a RHR.

So... I went from thinking the Cartier channel french cut band you originally linked to would be perfect, to the one BunnyBears posted - how cool is THAT????? What a neat RHR eternity band - gives you a big of both worlds that you like and it is not a common design. My taste leans towards that Cartier design!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1339266864|3212650 said:
DS--This new eternity band would be a RHR only. I would keep my current left hand set as is since I love the look so much! However, I will eventually be getting a second RHR that will be a 3 stone emerald cut diamond ring similar to Mikla's style--already in the very, very early planning stages w/ VC. It will make a great 15 yr anniversary gift!!!

Oh boy, you didn't say RHR in your original post so I didn't catch that! Sorry! I need to start over in that case!

Well, since you want opinions, I'll say that I really don't think eternity rings are very practical if you are right handed. The underside is just going to get banged up every time you grasp something. I really think of them more as wedding bands or as a standalone ring as an alternate to the wedding set on the left hand, personally. But if you do go with one, I think 3mm may look a little too skimpy compared to your wedding set on the other hand.

I would strongly favor a 5 stone band with more significant size stones as a right hand ring, round, asscher, or something like that. I think it would be much more balanced with your wedding set and keep metal on the palm side which will allow you to wear it more.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How about something like the french cut band as a RHR from my other thread about This Band with This Ring?. Apparently it is too blingy for my e-ring but it would be great as an RHR since it's larger than the width of a typical band. I'm really liking the carre band for you, too. If not that, an asscher eternity perhaps?

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1339254871|3212504 said:
Mikla--Tell me about your 3 stone emerald ring in your avatar (specs please)! That's the style of my next big ring project after this one!

That picture in my avatar is so awful! I totally cannot take pictures to save my life. Good thing I like numbers. ;))

EMERALD CUT #1
Measurements: 8.73 x 6.76 x 4.93 mm
Carat Weight: 2.55 carat
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS1
Depth: 72.9%
Table: 65%
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None

EMERALD CUT #2
Measurements: 5.86 x 4.47 x 3.03 mm
Carat Weight: 0.72 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS1
Depth: 67.8%
Table: 73%
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick
Polish: Good

EMERALD CUT #3
Measurements: 5.61 x 4.46 x 3.08 mm
Carat Weight: 0.70 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS2
Depth: 69.1%
Table: 74%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Polish: Good

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mikla--Thanks for all the info! I love the proportions on your 3 stone!

DS--Interesting thought about a 5 stone ring--not sure if it would be above my budget ($5-6K)? Maybe a graduated 5 stone RB ring? As a side note, I'm a leftie!

Enerchi--Good luck w/ your new ring, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that would help that you are a leftie! But I still think you can get more bling for your buck with 5 larger stones! And yes, I think you can do it for $6k. I love it when the stones are just slightly graduated! You'd do it by mm and not weight of course, but something like a .35 center, .30 on each side, and .25 on each end would be subtle but maybe not stick out on the sides like some seem to do. Or you could go with 5 .30 stones, if you preferred.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update--I'm changing gears and am going w/ a graduated 5 stone ring now!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! That sounds like a perfect RHR option! What sizes are you thinking of? Metal preferences? Setting ideas? I agree w DS above, you'll get a ton of finger coverage and bang for our buck with a 5 stone. Exciting!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1339354324|3213254 said:
Update--I'm changing gears and am going w/ a graduated 5 stone ring now!

Super! I really think that will look sooo much more balanced with your wedding set on the other hand! I've given this project some thought myself, so I am interested to see what you choose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results