shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skip, it's so hard to cut hair on kiddies. They're always moving around. And I can imagine your two little boys are bursting balls of energetic cuteness. Your DH must've had a dickens of a time with Evan. :)

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, Kunzite, on the arrival of the twins!!! I know this isn't the newborn thread, but figured you'd be back here eventually too.

Can't wait to see pics :)

Hi to everyone else :wavey:

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, congrats Kunzite! :appl:

- - -

everything going well here. on Friday, S will be 18 months. she's got a few more words in her vocabulary. we even got her to say her own name a couple of times. right now her favorite word is "bubble" and in 2nd place comes "ball". she loves to play catch and is actually quite good at it! she's also started kicking the ball instead of always picking it up. she is really much more self aware, and now likes to come up behind me and tease me by pulling up my shirt and poking my bare skin. another favorite game is pointing at her own bellybutton and then ours (preferably sticking her finger right in) and saying "bebe". boy, she can get mad when she doesn't get what she wants. lying on the floor and screaming. I just ignore it. we have completely transitioned from bottle to sippy cup but now she drinks less. :( I think she's going through a growth spurt because she is eating a lot. putting her to bed for a nap results in a lot of crying, but at night time, we seat her in bed, turn off the lights and there is no peep. she just goes to sleep on her own. yesterday, she sat leaning against me watching tv, eating her cheerios, and I was just so in love with her wanting to sit with me.

next week the movers are coming and we'll be in a hotel for 2 weeks (having to sleep in the same room with S again :rolleyes: ). end of the month we make our final move to Singapore!

noelwr040612.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noel, S is gorgeous as always! I meant to respond to your question re: words. I specifically remember at N's 18 month appointment that we could still easily count the number of words he could say. It was between 10 and 20 and he didn't use all of them on a daily basis. It's AMAZING how much happens in the next few months. Now, he can say at least 100 words and can repeat just about anything. He's getting better and better at longer words like dinosaur and motorcycle. He used to just say one or two syllables of long words. He's also saying a few sentences like "Where are you?" and "Where did it go?" but mostly still communicates in single words (or should I say DEMANDS) like "outside!" or "snack!".

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pupp. Funny how demanding they can be. And then pointing too

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noel, they are so demanding. I'm struggling with helping him gain independence by allowing him to express his desires and making small decisions while trying not to turn him into a total brat by giving in to his every wish. This is all new to me because DD was such an easy baby/toddler. This kid has a mind of his own!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Since I just posted some pictures of the twins, I thought it was only appropriate to post one of Oliver while I was at it. He's getting to be such a big boy!!

photo2675.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I'm totally spamming this thread at this point (where is everyone?) but I just cannot get enough of my little guy!! Every day he does something new to melt my heart. Lately he has taken to putting things away. If we take his shoes off, he picks them up and puts them on the changing table. When we take his clothes off for bath time, he takes them to the laundry basket. :love: :love: He's very expressive too. He says "yeah" and "no, no, no" (mostly to the cats!). He doesn't have a lot of words yet, like Skye, but he understands everything and can usually get his point across to us. It's really helped cut down on the tantrums.

And I totally meant to post more than one picture!! I must have been in a hurry.

Thanks newjewels and noel! :wavey:

Skippy - we went to one nap around 15 month IIRC.

Does anyone's LO drink bath water? We cannot get O to stop drinking his bath water! He's found a way to use nearly every toy in the tub as a cup, so we keep taking them out. Now there's nearly nothing left for him to play with, and he's still drinking the water with his hands!! Is this even a battle worth fighting? It doesn't bother me too much but it seriously grosses DH out!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been meaning to post, but just don't have the time to do a good long proper post!

Kunzite - I saw the photos of the boys in the other thread. So precious!! As for bath water, yes, S does that too, and I don't give it much thought. It seems like a small amount. At her water table, she will also drink directly from her scoop, or she scoops water into a bucket and drinks from that. Now, when I give her a cup of water, she looks at me like :confused: , and then sticks her hand in it! :lol: Haha. What can I say? I find it adorable!

Noel - Look at little Skye! All of your photos from Singapore were amazing! I wanted to comment right away, but then never got back to do a proper post. Very excited to hear more about your new life in Singapore!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Everyone!

LV, I think you forgot to update us on S. :naughty:

Kunzite, I feel the exact same way! I could seriously write a book gushing about this kid. He has started *counting* - he walks around pointing his finger and saying, "sick, seben. sick, seben." The other really cute thing he does is say, "One more time!" every time something he enjoys is over. :love:

Noel, I would love to hear more about life in Singapore. Sometimes I wish my life were more adventurous but then I realize I'm way too uptight for that! :lol: I think I'm pretty much stuck being Type-A forever.

So, N had his first injury this past weekend. I seriously felt so sick to my stomach that I almost threw up. He was walking on the playground and tripped. He fell head first onto a metal teeter-totter. Below is the result - hence the belly ache. They're terrible cell phone pics but you get the idea. DH was seriously traumatized. N cried for about 10 seconds. The pathetic sad face you see in the pic is because we tried to put ice on it.

IMG00614-20120609-1919.jpg

IMG00610-20120609-1918.jpg

geri

Shiny_Rock
Hi mummas

It has been way too long since I posted but Kunzite's post about the arrival of the twins made me pop in to say hi! Congratulations Kunsite! How on earth do you find time to post with newborns twins? Hope they are doing well. O is such a cutie! He always looks so happy. C also loves to drink the bathwater. I have given up trying to stop her. I figure it can't hurt her too much.

Pupp - that is one serious bump. I would have been completely freaked out. I hope N has recovered okay.

Noel - congrats on the new job in Singapore. I hope the move goes well for you. Skye always looks like such a little character! So pretty. They will love her in Singapore. I hope you are doing well too.

LV - Hi! It's been ages since we saw a photo of S but she is gorgeous. She always looks so sweet and serene.

Skippy - I can't believe the twins are one. Where does the time go? Love the haircuts! Claudia desperately needs one but I can't bring myself to do it.

So here is a recent pic of C at 16 months. Like everyone else, we are loving this age! She is just so much fun and says and does the cutest things. Her language skills have really taken off in the last couple of months - she is probably close to 100 words and understands so much more. It really seemed to happen in a spurt and now she won't shut up! She loves to put all her stuffed toys on the sofa and sit with them (as in the photo), she will get a cleaning cloth to wipe up any mess and she now goes to get nappies and brings them to me. I'm not sure whether she is trying to tell me she is wet and wants a nappy change or whether it is just a game. Funny creature. She is generally pretty good but can work herself into a complete state iof hysteria when she doesn't get what she wants. Until recently, almost every nappy change or clothes change resulted in a complete meltdown no matter how I tried to distract her. And the tantrums when we take the Ipad from her! She is obsessed with it and goes hunting for it when I hide it. Sorry for rabbiting on - clearly I'm a proud mama!

Teddy and friends.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
geri - wow 100 words! that's impressive. S is the same with her nappies, but even more so with her toilet seat! she carries it around half the time.

puppmom - poor N! that's quite a large bump!

Kunzite - S drinks her shower water. we stopped with bathing and have moved on to showers for a few months already. I think it's great to give her a cup - I'm hoping any day she'll learn how to drink without spilling half the contents and she can start using it outside the bath. S is also the same with helping out, but a little too proactive. clean clothes go into the dirty clothes hamper and so far I've found shoes and a ball in the washing machine. :rolleyes:

- - -

need advice from mommas. Skye is now into hitting when she gets angry. she knows she's not allowed to hit us, so her hand will be up in the air and we look at her sternly, and then last minute she'll turn around and hit the wall or furniture. Can you recommend another way to teach her to channel her anger? there's nothing wrong with being angry as I'm sure there are a million frustrations for such a small child, but it shouldn't lead into hitting. thanks!

(I write this from my empty home. they have packed all our furniture and stuff into a container over the last 2 days. we've spent 2 nights in the hotel. the first one, Skye didn't go to sleep til 10:30pm, but yesterday she passed out at 8:30pm.)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geri - So happy to see your post. First things first, Claudia is GORGEOUS!!!! Wow, she is such a pretty little girl! When did she get so big? So fun to read your update. You've got a little chatterbox there!! Sounds like she's got a lot to say, haha! Really happy to see that things are going so well. Has she been traveling with you? If I recall correctly, you used to take wonderful vacations!

Puppmom - Oh, poor Nolan!! Has the bump gone down? I have to tell you, I love reading your updates about N. You speak about him in such a cute and descriptive way. It gives me a sense of what's to come in a few months with my little one! Oh, saw your post in the TTC thread, hope you don't mind that I refer to it here, but EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! So happy for you (cautiously, of course, I'm guessing you think it's too early for an official Congrats EEEEEEE!!!!) So, I'll just leave it at that, for now!

Here are some S updates:

She loves her outside time. We are outside now. She starts at the water table, which she loves. She just scoops water into her various buckets, pours it out, moves stuff in and out of the table, and has a ball with it. I just had to change her because she as completely soaked. Then she moves on to the plants. DH started a bunch of seeds that didn't take. She likes to move those around. Out of the container, back into the container, etc. etc. Then she starts pulling them apart. Oh, and the bubbles. Loves 'em. All kids do, I think. Billion bubbles are the best, found some at Big Lots the other day! She says bubbles now (as of this week) --"bubba". Soooooooooooooo cute.

She has about 10-12 words. I need to be better about keeping a list. Dawg was one of her first words. Now, whenever we are out walking and she sees one, she points and says "Dawg." She also points up to the sky and says "Burr" when she hears a bird.

We are working on drinking from a cup, no lid. She can drink from a straw, but prefers to take it out and then try to put it back in. I am giving her little sip size amounts of water, then she returns the cup to me, I add another sip of water, etc. It really cuts down on the huge puddles of water on the floor.

She loves climbing. Fortunately, she has stopped climbing onto the kitchen table, but she still likes climbing up on chairs.

Trying to think of more things. The silverware drawer is right next to the dishwasher, so when I am unloading, she will take all of the silverware and put it in that drawer (not appropriately sorted, of course, she can't even see into the drawer, but it is supercute, nevertheless.)

She dances to music and shakes her shoulders too! Everyone thinks it's super adorable.

She's supersweet and hugs her stuffed animals. Tries to hug the pets, but she's still too unpredictable for them, haha.

She carries one of my small purses on her shoulder, so I have to get her one of her own soon!

She loves watching her dogs run in the yard and screams with joy! There's nothing like watching a slightly over-weight beagle-mix trying to keep up with a greyhound going full speed! :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
GERI, your daughter has such gorgeous eyes; she is totally going to be a heartbreaker! those curls kill me too!!! Wow, she is really talking. All my boys say is momma and dadda.

NOEL, my Miles loves to hit; I put him down but then he hits things around him too! I have no clue what to do? Let me know what works for you!!! I love the pics of your lo!!!!

KUNZITE, how are Miles and Elliot!!! Someday our twins and Olie need to meet! aw Oliver I bet is an awesome brother; has he met his adorable brothers yet? I love that pic of O!!!! Our boys love to get a cup and play with bath water and Miles will drink it.

PUPP, awww poor little guy, he is such a sweetie, bless his heart!!!

LV, we need pics of your sweet daughter!!!! please.

Evan and Miles are so much fun; I am now taking them places. It is so hard though, getting them in the cart, in the car seats etc. A lot of times if I am going shopping I will take turns on who I take and hubby or my mom will babysit. They are lots of fun; they are cruising and trying new foods. They love watermelon, bananas, beans, grill Vietnamese pork, gnocchi, peas, pizza and they just try stuff off our plates but now they are really starting to eat more finger foods. We are taking them on a road trip pretty soon so I hope all goes well. We also are going to have a new roof put on our house and some other work done so my fingers are crossed this doesn't disrupt their routine too much. They love having a routine but we will see how it goes!!!

I love how much they make each other laugh; they love hiding from each other and then popping out and saying "baaaa" and laughing up a storm! too funny :love:

I love hearing what the 12-36 mo toddlers are up to, waaay cute :love:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Oh the toddler cuteness!!!! :love: :love: :love: PS babies are SO cute!

heaven help me, and my bathroom floor...guess who likes to pee standing up now?

A few weeks ago I walked into the bathroom to find him peeing standing up (with one hand resting on the wall in exactly the same posture as daddy :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and now that's his preferred method...except sometimes he mixes it up by bending his knee and putting one foot on the toilet seat so he looks like a "hero" pose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least DH taught him to put the toilet seat up now.

okay...carry on :bigsmile:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
PSA: For anyone looking to make their own baby food: Kids.woot is having a sale on Beaba products. They have a BabyCook, but also other periphery stuff like spoons, bowls etc.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I want to catch up, but I literally have one minute before O gets home! Since LC was nice enough to clue me in on resizing photos.... you're all in trouble!! Actually, I've been thinking lately that O is getting a little old to be sharing his pictures any more and it makes me sad. I can't seem to stop though :twirl:

The first few were when DC got sunscreen in his hair and he was being really silly about it.

The last two were from his first meeting with his new baby brothers. He wasn't very interested (not surprisingly)!!

img_2610.jpg

img_2613.jpg

img_2716.jpg

img_2725.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
All of these toddlers are getting so big!!!! Tear :)

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
who is this little Monster and what did he do with my baby?

picture_066.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite why do you think O is too old to share pictures of?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
kids are never too old to share pictures of!

:wavey: from Singapore! we survived 2 weeks of the hotel in Holland. once Skye finally fell asleep, she wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night. the plane ride went well. she took 2 naps in the bassinet, but it was hard during turbulence when she was forced to be in the seat belt. however, she didn't once run away from our seats! we were really surprised.

last night, just as I was falling asleep, Skye started crying, so I had to sleep in the guest bed with her. then she got up and stood at the foot of the bed and kept saying "Come. Come. Come." so finally I thought I would follow her and she took me to her high chair, which meant she was hungry. so she is dealing with her jet lag by eating peanut butter sandwiches at 2am.

we are staying at a very lovely furnished apartment for 2 months, which gives us time to find our own home. like most condos, this place has several pools. here a pic of Skye in her swim gear.

noelwr290612.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, I cannot stand all the cuteness in this thread now! How have all these babies gotten so big??

KUNZITE I just had to post, O is SO ADORABLE and looks so grown up! I probably haven't been on PS in months, so I just can't believe it! Though I should, since my own is 16 months on Saturday :o :o

Skippy your pics ALWAYS make me jealous :) I just still think twin boys sounds like the ultimate fun adventure. I know you enjoy them!! They are getting so big and are still as precious as always!

Pupp, I was reading an old thread recently about sleep and some things you posted really hit close to home! I can't recall what it was, but it made me feel like we have similar spirited little guys.

Noel, S is so big and gorgeous as always!

Anyway, thought I would pop in and say hi to some familiar faces, I have missed being around! We bought a new house, renovated, and between that and other life "stuff" I have fallen off the PS wagon. We've started to think of TTC #2 and it has made me fondly remember my time in the TTC threads, and now all those babies are here! Time flies!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miscka, please share a pic of your handsome son!!!! thanks for your sweet words on my twins!!! yay for TTC for no. 2!

Great pics ladies!!!! :love: I love seeing everyones toddlers! :wavey:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Skippy, when I saw you posted I thought we'd get some Evan & Miles pics too... :(sad

Off to stalk this thread; waiting for more cutie patootie pictures.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! What cute little men :love: Off to pull some pics from the camera to post on the Newborn thread :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1341546786|3229316 said:
Yay!!! What cute little men :love: Off to pull some pics from the camera to post on the Newborn thread :)
thanks!!! :halo: off to look! :D

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy - Aww, the boys are so cute and patriotic!!! And, they look so comfy in that stroller! Yay!

Miscka - So nice to hear from you! We totally need pics!

Noel - Aww, she is so adorable. It's so great she gets to swim so much! We haven't officially been swimming yet, but want to do lessons soon.

We are officially potty-learning! I had just put a potty (the baby bjorn in PINK) in the bathroom. She started sitting on it in her clothes, so I was like, ok, let's see if anything happens sans diaper, and that was that. I think it will be a while before she is fully trained, but I am so happy that she initiated and wants to use it. People keep telling me that she may regress. I know, I know, that's possible, but uhm, I don't care!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, that is great she is going on the potty! We need S pics pls!!! :halo:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
LV, Hooray S is interested in the potty training!!! Fantastic! Hopefully it'll go smoothly for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll sail right through for you guys!!! And I agree with Skip, definitely need pictures of your little girl!

Miscka, do post some pics too! I love seeing how the wee babies are becoming such cute little kiddos!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Skippy!

Hi LC - Nice to see you in these parts!

Here's my big girl!

s_butterfly_rs.jpg

s_house_rs.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results