shape
carat
color
clarity

WWPSD? Live w/ it? Return to original B&M? New w/PS Vendor?

WWPS do with a 7 month reset that continues to have problems?

• go back to initial vendor to try to get them to fix it (but if they could have, they would have at t

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • live with it - its not that big of a deal to have a tarnished WG ring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • scrap it, start over using a PS vendor

Votes: 39 92.9%

• Total voters

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Take the money and run to BGD! They will do right by you. I'm so happy that this is working in your favor!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: WWPSD? Live w/ it? Return to original B&M? New w/PS Vend

Late to this. But A) I'M SO PROUD OF YOU I COULD BURST. And B) TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!

I really really really am so happy for you. But don't work with them again.

Fool me one, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi get your moola back! Don't even consider having another round with those knuckleheads. You KNOW you'll be happy with BGD. :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sent the email this morning - thanking him for meeting with me yesterday and his offer to remake the setting with modifications and in the alloy it was intended for, but after consideration, I will accept the full refund. I was very positive and respectful in my note. I am hoping to have the stones unset either tonight or on Saturday and then ... a new ring!

I did get a last ditch sales pitch phone call last night but it wasn't going to sway me. I feel good about the decision I've made. I know it is the right one but I did not want to react in haste when I was on the spot with him.

I really appreciate ALL the comments and support you all have given me - this was very disturbing to me and I kept thinking I was making up this discolouration or issues and I was being too picky, but having you all out in cyberspace for me, has really been so wonderful and helpful. I can't thank you guys enough - you gave me the courage to stand up for myself and get my money back and move on.

Thank you SOOOOO much, my PS friends!!! :halo:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

What?! He called you at home after you left from meeting with him to encourage you to go with the remake? I mean, I understand that he doesn't want to lose money, but his efforts to correct all the problems are a little late. I hope that he just graciously refunds your money, and doesn't continue to try and sway you to give them yet another chance at getting it right. :rolleyes:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Good for you remaining strong and sticking to your guns! I am excited to see the new ring. Enjoy the process with BGD.
I am still planning on using him for my pear. I put it in the Gabriel setting ( which I love ) because I have setting paralysis and needed to get it on my finger. I had a long talk one evening with wonderful Brian who convinced me platinum was the way to go ,which meant save up the money so he can do the perfect setting! So I am saving!!!
After seeing what he did for Lesley's birthday ring I am sold on him! Plus he made my 5 stone rose gold and I LOVE it after almost. 2 years still perfect !!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock

Enerichi, I am so glad that it all played in your favour! I think you deserve a great ring that you will love and I think BGD can absolutely deliver it. Enjoy your resetting process and I cant wait to see it ready on your finger!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi: I am happy you were offered a full refund (which you fully deserved after all of the issues with the ring/workmanship). That is all kinds of awesome! Can't wait to see the BGD reset, I am sure that it will be beautiful!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Even more proud of you today! YAY for sticking to your guns! You will have a great experience with BGD and I know you'll love your ring when you get it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks again, Gypsy, for being there 'in my head' when I dealt directly with the owner yesterday! After I sent the email with my decision, I did get a response to return the ring on Saturday and his goldsmith will unset it. BUT... that came with details about how going to another independant appraiser could damage their reputation and that they are incurring a loss by returning the stones to me.

Um... kinda not cool....

Denise had sent off the quote but they've been insanely busy with the troops returning from Afghanistan and I guess there are a lot of upcoming engagements to be revealed! She still says no problem for completing it in my time frame. Wow - what a great company!!!!

(I am very confident I did the right thing... no doubts in my mind)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Elisateach|1339074907|3211114 said:
Good for you remaining strong and sticking to your guns! I am excited to see the new ring. Enjoy the process with BGD.
I am still planning on using him for my pear. I put it in the Gabriel setting ( which I love ) because I have setting paralysis and needed to get it on my finger. I had a long talk one evening with wonderful Brian who convinced me platinum was the way to go ,which meant save up the money so he can do the perfect setting! So I am saving!!!
After seeing what he did for Lesley's birthday ring I am sold on him! Plus he made my 5 stone rose gold and I LOVE it after almost. 2 years still perfect !!

Thanks!!! I have no doubt that this will turn out to be perfect - how could it not? Its BGD!!! :bigsmile: (and your 5 stone is stunning btw!!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Waaaahhh! Big cry babies. So not cool. You didn't charge them for the time, expense and aggravation of dealing with them, did you? No. So your both out something. Live and learn.

I'm happy you are confident in your decision. I can't wait for the glamor shots.

As for being there-- my pleasure.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Christina...|1339074881|3211113 said:
What?! He called you at home after you left from meeting with him to encourage you to go with the remake? I mean, I understand that he doesn't want to lose money, but his efforts to correct all the problems are a little late. I hope that he just graciously refunds your money, and doesn't continue to try and sway you to give them yet another chance at getting it right. :rolleyes:
yeah. Took me by surprise but I guess a little loss is better than a total loss??? Did not feel comfortable nor did it encourage me to feel confident.

I just hope that it goes well on Saturday - I actually DO get my stones out and I DO get the refund. I'm sure I will.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

LOL Gypsy!! "crybaby"!!! I took it more as a last ditch sales pitch and once it didn't go well... then he was more upset. I know it isn't a personal thing but it does make it uncomfortable.

I'm sure this is NOT the first custom event in the past 25 years to go wrong - that would be incredible if that were the case. I think it may be a case of "lets keep this quiet and appease the client". I will be appeased - - - once I have my stones and my money back and we can both move on.

Oh--- and now the latest email says it WAS made of 18K wg w Pd!!! What??? yesterday when he called the manufacturer, it wasn't, now, today - it suddenly was?? I don't know what to believe, but it doesn't matter. I'm done. Moving on - lived and learned!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

All I can think is-- he's not very bright. He's handed you his weakness: He doesn't want this to get out. He doesn't want his reputation damaged. And he wants to keep it quiet.

If he tries to guilt you in person just tell him, that you believe you are being quite fair by keeping your review AND your glue pics off Yelp. :halo:

You didn't cause this situation, it was COMPLETELY outside your control, and COMPLETELY within his. I don't care what the alloy was-- GLUE! They used GLUE!!! And he OFFERED you the refund. He just needs to put on his big boy pants and suck it up.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

SHIPPING:

Enerchi you need to ask Denise to speak to Leslie about how shipping from canada should be handled ;-) We cannot ship using USPS, since we of course have our own postal company being a different company and all :lol: Canada post will not insure such large value jewelery. You need BGD to send you information for using THEIR FedEx account to ship the ring. They also will let you use their insurance (or have in the past). You ship it "return and repair". They have done this many times for me and that is basically what any US vendor must do for Canadian customers.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are amazing! You are so supportive and you make me laugh!! "big boy pants"!!!

I just have the last face to face on Saturday, then I'm done (well, aside from waiting for the cheque but I will ask for a CC refund instead) . I think purchasing something stock would be fine, for someone who did not know enough about jewellery as we do, but I am far more educated now than I was back in August/September when this began.

...."big boy pants"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1339124968|3211569 said:
SHIPPING:

Enerchi you need to ask Denise to speak to Leslie about how shipping from canada should be handled ;-) We cannot ship using USPS, since we of course have our own postal company being a different company and all :lol: Canada post will not insure such large value jewelery. You need BGD to send you information for using THEIR FedEx account to ship the ring. They also will let you use their insurance (or have in the past). You ship it "return and repair". They have done this many times for me and that is basically what any US vendor must do for Canadian customers.

oh! I did not know that... thanks! I'll email her about that and if I can go the FedEx route, that would make me much more comfortable. Thanks for that info! :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

:bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1339125181|3211577 said:
Dreamer_D|1339124968|3211569 said:
SHIPPING:

oh! I did not know that... thanks! I'll email her about that and if I can go the FedEx route, that would make me much more comfortable. Thanks for that info! :))

You really can't ship the stones any other way, my dear. You can't ship them with Canada post, they only offer $500 insurance. FedEx has a $1000 limit. I use shipsurance when I ship things over those limits because you can add an additional $900, but that is not enough. Just sweetly tell them that I told you that the FedEx thing is the way to go from Canada -- use my real name :)) They know me well there. Too well hee hee

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

I'm late to this, Enerchi. I didn't see it until yesterday!

But I voted with 93% and again when I read you had choice my mind was screaming FULL REFUND!

I'm sending you good thoughts! This unpleasantness will be over before you know it and I know you'll like your BGD ring! :wavey:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi: After reading the additional updates, I am even MORE happy that you took the full refund! I couldn't imagine going a second (or is third) round with this jeweler making you a new ring. :errrr:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

So glad this all worked out for you Enerchi!!! :appl: Looking forward to seeing your BGD ring once its completed!!!!!!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Look at what I've got!!!!

IMG_0801_0.jpg

AND a FULL REFUND back on my credit card - not the cheque as he'd originally offered but a refund back on my CC!!! YIPPEE!! It's OVER :appl:

yippee10.gif

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1339262580|3212593 said:
Look at what I've got!!!!

IMG_0801_0.jpg

AND a FULL REFUND back on my credit card - not the cheque as he'd originally offered but a refund back on my CC!!! YIPPEE!! It's OVER :appl:
Yay!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so happy that everything worked out in the end!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks Armywife!!! Me too!! Now-- time to get down to the wine and yoga franchise cuz I need me some relaxin' :tongue: :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

OH MY GOD!!! WOOHOO!!!! Best possible outcome! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

ame|1339266970|3212651 said:
OH MY GOD!!! WOOHOO!!!! Best possible outcome! :appl: :appl: :appl:

:D :D :D
I know - I almost felt like that IKEA commercial, where the regular prices are like sale prices and the lady checks out and starts running/ yelling at her husband... "START THE CAR!!! START THE CAR!!!"

It was the same with me this morning. I'm thinking - he's here which is a good sign as there had been a family emergency earlier and they weren't sure if both he and the goldsmith would be on site, but both were (phew!) and he was pleasant. Showed me my laser inscribed numbers on the diamonds using the computer microscope, then had the 3 main ones unset and while we waited, he just asked for my CC to put the credit back on. No fuss, no muss, diamonds and refund - bing bang boom! (the smaller melee stones required more time and will be unset either later today or monday morning and I have a friend who lives nearby who can pick them up for me whenever)

Once unset, showed me the #'s again to prove they are my stones (thank you - I had no doubts, but I understand him wanting to be BEYOND certain about this with me) and then it happened....

The final dig at me regarding a refund, the work they had done to correct it, the bench loses money/he loses money/will never set internet diamonds again/will never give anyone a refund again.... I just stood there and let him go. Felt it would not gain anything to point out the costs to me nor did I want to bring up the glue issue. Its done. Its over. Moving on... but "START THE CAR! START THE CAR!" and we both kind of skipped out of there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the way home, went to the FedEx depot to pick up the requirements Lesley gave me to ship to Houston on Tuesday and now, I'm all set to go! I've paid the BGD invoice, I'm getting a NEW RING!!!! YEAH!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOOHOO!! Cannot wait to see the new ring, and for you to be DONE. Believe me, I get it. I am glad you got the refund and you can move on. I would not have been able to get out without commenting on the glue.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's great Enerchi!! :appl: I'm very impressed with what you did, because I can tell from your posts this was a difficult thing for you to do - and it seemed like such a shame to me that the money you put into the ring would be down the drain - but now it's not! :appl: In fact, you are making me feel a little ashamed I didn't confront the jeweler over the bad sizing job he did on my ring :(sad *junebug hangs her head in shame in the face of Enerchi's courage* I'm very happy for you on such a great outcome to your situation! Looking forward to hearing about your brand new ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results