shape
carat
color
clarity

My kid noticed, I didn't.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stuff kids notice. I have a fed ex box in my room, and Amelia said, look mama, the "e" and the "x" together make an arrow. I was like, what? And then I saw it. Years of fed exing stuff and I never noticed that the arrow is part of their logo. My child has enlightened me today, lol.

I shared this earlier with some other PSers I speak to offline, and one posted this cool interview about the logo, and why the arrow is so subtle.

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000273.php

Did you know it was there? Do you know of any other signs/logos like that? I know the Amazon one is a smiley face with an arrow from A to Z (so everything under the sun, essentially) but that's one they actually publicize...

FedEx_Logo_Wallpaper.jpeg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I read a Yahoo News article a few years ago about clever logos. The Fed Ex logo was one they highlighted...and once you see the arrow, you can't ever UNsee it. It's incredible that I never noticed for so long, when it's so CLEARLY there. So yes, I previously missed it too, but now that's the first place my eyes go.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, when I took an art class it was surprising to learn about negative space.

elle

Shiny_Rock
Nothing escapes their little eyes!

The bear in the Tolberone logo - for years all I saw was the mountain, until my child asked for the "bear" chocolate.

I think the compass pointing northwest in the NWA logo and the smiling "g" in the Goodwill logo are pretty cool too.

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock
There's this website called Cannot Unsee that has some pretty cool stuff that we usually miss. http://www.cannotunsee.net/
Although some of the stuff are quite a stretch, but others are incredible!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Graphic artists work very hard on logos, and charge a lot for them.

One of my favorites was the old Citibank logo.

Do you see it? That's called a ligature, taking two letters and losing a bit of one until it looks almost like one letter. It's hard to do well.

citibank.jpeg

April20

Ideal_Rock
I never noticed that in the Fed Ex logo and now it's all I see! I am always amazed by the things little ones notice.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It took me ages to see the arrow! Its like those magic eye pictures. I can't see them either.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, A's a genius! I never saw that arrow until now, and I had to stare at my monitor for a bit before I caught it.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Someone told me about this many years ago....pretty cool and genius!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, didn't ever see it before - but now I do!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, well, well: never to old to learn, right?!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See, this is why I love kids - they're just so dang smart sometimes! You have one observant little girl there TravelingGal! :appl: I've seen that logo probably hundreds of times, and would never have noticed that on my own!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the cannotunsee me link! Neat things on that site but I think there are too many people with too much time on their hands! :rodent:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am embarrassed to say how long it took me to see the arrow! Seriously, I had to stare at this for the longest time. At one point I was sitting in my office with one eye closed and my head cocked at some crazy angle. My assistant was like, um, hangover from Vegas... ?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
So much for subliminal messaging within advertisements. Most of us had to r-e-a-l-l-y look hard to see it.

And here they thought it was so clever. Proves an ad is only as smart as the people giving it the blank stare. Like me. :bigsmile:

But don't you suppose that's why so much is marketed to kids? They see see and hear beyond what is presented "on the face".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results