shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Thanks for the input, and Sha, that is what I was thinking to. I think the (-) is after you O. My temp this morning went back down to 96.9, so we will see how it is the next few days, but if I don't have consistent high temps for a few days, then

Since we are just starting it's not the wondering whether or not I'm preggo that is on my mind, it's trying to figure out if I O'd or not. This stuff can be confusing, and I guess I just expect everything to be so by the book in the beginning. ha.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

How's everyone? Any news yet Mer?

As for me...no idea what's going on still, I'm annoyed and frustrated. My OPKs indicate I Oed, my chart and temps do not. Sorry this isn't a more positive update! AF is supposed to be here tomorrow, but who knows. HPTs are neg right now.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

SLJS- I think I am in the same boat as you... I had 2 positive OPK's, but my FF chart is still saying no O based on temps and CF. Very frustrating to just not know. I don't know what is more important either. You would think the test tell all, but apparently FF thinks that your body's signs are better.
After my temp shot up and then fell, the other day, I have had two increasing temps, so we will see. (97.3 yesterday and then 97.7 today)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I have been sleeping like a rock the past few days, and just overall don't have a lot of motivation to do much of anything. My biggest symptom in my 1st tri, with Deuce, was severe fatigue. I literally slept ALL.THE.TIME. So we will see, but I am on the fence. If I go by my OPK's, then I am at DPO5, and will test next week sometime... if it comes back negative I will just wait it out for flo, and if she doesn't come, I will test again.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Well it sounds like we are all going through the same thing with positive OPKs and no O based on temps! :wacko: What is going on??? Mer it sounds like you may have ovulated or will be soon. I have read that sometimes it may take a few days after the positive OPK for the temp rise. Sarah how have your temps been? Are they low or all over the place? Mine are just plain low. My cycles have never been super regular but the past four cycles they have ranged from 29-32 days. Today is CD 34 so I guess I could consider AF late, but based on my chart I just haven't ovulated. I had a positive OPK a while back but I haven't used OPKs since I hate the cheap ones and I am too cheap to use the smiley face ones. Also, in the past when I have had cycles like this, I have had multiple stretches of positive OPKs anyway. I just want my body to give up and have anovulatory bleeding so we can start again. This is already going to be at least a 46 day cycle! When do you guys think I should call the doctor to get that pill that starts AF? How long would you wait if you were me? I went 89 days once before naturally ovulating (well I O'd on CD75), but I really really really don't want to go that long this time!

I am soooo glad I have company in town right now to distract me!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Mia, I wish I knew more about all of this stuff and could help. I can't imagine the frustration with having a cycle that long. I hope it ends soon, or you get a BFP.

I did go in and "throw out" my high temp from Monday morning (98.1). That was just weird, and way too high... we spent the whole day prior drinking beer and sitting in the sun, so I think that may have effected my temp the next morning. If I have another rising temp tomorrow, I assume FF is going to say I ovulated on Monday (probably), and that would mean we had one good shot from DTD on Sunday. We shall see.
I was still up in the air this go around, so we weren't "all in", and I will honestly be shocked if I got preggo from one official try. Next month will be our first month of real effort, if it didn't happen this time. I can't help but feel like something is different though. Today at the gym I was worried to put a really heavy weight on my stomach... this is just all funny and odd to me! Is this how it will be every month that you are "waiting" to find out?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Hey ladies!! So it's not just me going crazy?! I am glad, not glad you're not Oing as far as temps go..but at least we're not alone, right? :wavey:

This is my chart: My Ovulation Chart

So you can see my temps have been stupid. They went up a bit then dropped. And are now up again? Whatever. I give up. Honestly, I did not temp at the right time earlier in the month. So I admit it is my fault! And I realized my thermometer also sucked. So I am considering my temps from this cycle a bust, but I got a new thermometer for next month and I am going to do it right!! :appl: AF is supposed to be here tomorrow..we'll see. FX for you gals!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

SLJS- Agree, I was happy/not happy to see that I wasn't the only one that wasn't getting an O from FF. Based on your temps, it looks like you would have O'd on the 25th? You had 3 days of increased temps after that, and then a drop... maybe the temps weren't high enough.

I bought a new "basal" thermometer too, but it was giving me the same readings as my old one, so I think I am going to stick with the one I have been using. Especially since my old one has a 10 second return, and the basal one has a 60 second return. That is a long time to lay there and listen to your kid say, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" thru the monitor ::)

meresal

Ideal_Rock

I updated my temp this morning, (97.4), and miraculously FF now says that I have an official ovulation date of this past Sunday... the one day that DH and I actually "tried". Now I just play the waiting game... 5DPO today.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

meresal|1338589155|3207523 said:
I updated my temp this morning, (97.4), and miraculously FF now says that I have an official ovulation date of this past Sunday... the one day that DH and I actually "tried". Now I just play the waiting game... 5DPO today.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

Well my temp went up a tiny bit again, but not enough. I also started spotting a tiny bit so far today. AF was due today. Hoping it's a good sign? I dunno. We'll see I guess! I guess we're both in the 2ww now..I want a baby so bad. So excited about the cuddling, the diapers, the snuggles..all of it. I am a dork. :wink2:

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Still no AF...still BFN. Only CD30 though...wish me luck..

What about you gals?

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Lots of luck and dust! Hope this is it!

Temp still up here. I am in California, 2 hrs time change from Texas, so I'm not too sure when to do my temp? I woke at 630 here and temp'd, but it was 98.1, so depending my temp tomorrow, will determine if that is accurate. Seems high, but who knows.

7dpo here

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Yep, AF came today. CD1..oh well. Good luck to you Mer!!! Fingers crossed for you!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mer, yay for confirmed O! I'll be rooting for you!

Sarah, sorry to hear about AF but glad this annovulatory cycle is over.

Mia, sorry things are dragging along. If you have a history of long cycles and know you haven't ovulated yet, I would say it's worth a call to the doc.

AFM, not much here. Just waiting to ovulate. I usually ovulate on CD 12 or 13 but I'm on day 13 today and haven't gotten a positive OPK yet. The one I just took is dark so I'm hoping I'll get a positive this evening. We'll see! I've been lazy. I'm sick of temping because I've been doing it since two cycles after I miscarried. My libido tends to be strong around O so I'm letting my body tell me what's up for now. I figure I'll take my temp one or two days after I get a positive OPK just to confirm O since I have a pretty solid grip on what my pre and post O temps are.

I had an almost awkward moment the other day. My mom was over because I was driving her to see my nephew's play. I took a half day and she was meeting me at my house. When I got home, I quickly POAS to see if I was surging. I laid the stick on the bathroom sink and quick ran upstairs to change. Then I heard my mom come in the front door. I shouted that I would be right down and she said Ok. Then I heard her go into the bathroom. I was FREAKING OUT. I felt like a teenager and was trying to think of ways I could explain away my pee stick (which TOTALLY looks like a pregnancy and I'm pretty sure my mom has no idea what an OPK is - not that I want to have that conversation with her either!). Fortunately (or unfortunately), she flushed and just walked out without washing her hands. Phew! Bullet dodged.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hello Ladies! This is my first post in TTC :))
I've been lurking a bit and I have to say that it has been overwhelmingling comforting reading about so many other women who are going through the same process. So THANK YOU! :D

So far I have gone to the DOC to do all the normal blood tests and so forth to make sure that everything is in tip top shape, which luckily it is...

This is mine and Hubby's first month not using protection, so I know it's unlikely to conceive in the first month officially trying to have a baby, but I just want it so much. We have been together for eight and half years now, but I have put off trying until we get some debt paid off and own a home instead of renting. So it's been a long time coming.

I test in two days! EEK fingers crossed! I'm sure it's probably all in my head because I want it so much, but I swear I have had nausea, back aches, and feel VERY depleated lately like all I want to do is nap.
The HARDEST part is waiting. I took a test six ago which of course was negative because six days ago was only 2 weeks 3 days PO. But I just couldn't help it. So according all the many many web searches I have done the earliest I will test positive would be in two more days. :)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome, Rissa! I hope your stay is short!

AFM, just got a positive OPK this am. It's CD14 which is late for me since I usually O on CD12 or 13. I fell asleep minutes after putting DS to bed last night so I'll have to make sure I can stay up long enough to squeeze in some sexy time today!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Welcome Rissa, good luck!

Yay for a positive opk. Good luck as well.

I am flying back home from my trip today. I hav been super weepy today, which is usually a sign that I am going to start my period soon. (I a usually really emotional the week BEFORE my period). It could also be be ause I have been away from my little man, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm 9dpo, so I will test in the AM.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the welcome puppmom and meresal :)
Theoretically I would be 3 weeks and 4 days today, but I took a HPT and it was neg. If AF doesn't arrive I'll do another test in a week. So disappointing seeing that line and not a plus sign :((

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:wavey: I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. I haven't been temping up until now but I pretty much know my pre-O v post-O temps. I got a positive OPK mid-morning yesterday and my temp was high this morning. It's interesting because I usually have two days of positive OPKs but my surge must have been short because I had a negative on Monday evening, a positive on Tuesday morning and it was already fading out by Tuesday evening. I'm wondering if it's because I switched brands. I was using Dollar tree and just switched to UP and Up (Target brand) because I got sick of peeing in a cup and dipping.

We hit O-2 and O so we'll see what happens.

Mere, I'm hoping to hear good news from you soon!

Mia, any word from AF on when she'll be visiting?

ETA - Rissa, does that make you 11DPO?

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Pupp, keeping my fingers crossed for you! We hit O-2 and O as well, but I would only consider our O day a good actual try.

I tested this morning and it was neg. No biggie, since I am only 10DPO. My temp dipped yesterday, but raised back up today. Who knows if it means anything, or if my temps were just off bc I was trying to temp for 3 days, while in a different time zone. Just playing the waiting game. I have a wedding this weekend, so maybe I will temp again on Monday if AF hasn't arrived. FF is telling me to test next Friday, but I know myself, and I can't wait that long. Not sure if I can even wait till Monday.

Rissa, 3 weeks and 4 days would be 25DPO, right? Hmm... that is a long cycle if so. Is that normal for you?

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Fingers crossed puppmom!
And yes, 11 DPO, not sure on the 3 weeks 4 days, that's just what I got from a Preg calendar I got from justmommies.com, so it's still early missed period would be in three more days. I was using an "early" pregnancy test one that supposedly detects hcg five days before a missed period, so we'll see, still possible.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

meresal sounds like we're pretty close on cycles, wishing you luck!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

I haven't been tracking of FF long enough to know if I am officially late... but last month my cycle was 26 days, and before then they always seem to be short of a full month. So 26 wasn't crazy short for me.

I am CD28, and 11DPO. FF says that I should get my (.) on Monday the 11th, but that would make for a 33 day cycle, and that is very long for me.

Rissa, do you know your normal cycle length?

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sadly I do not know my normal cycle, It's crazy all over the place varies from 26 to 45 days so it really is a guessing game sometimes. My doctor thinks it's due to stress which makes sense because my life is for sure stressful. I'm on really good terms with my boss so I told her that I absolutely can not go over 40 hours a week anymore due to doctors orders, so I feel like I have been calmer lately for future baby and my health :)

My last cycle was just over five weeks ago and I still haven't started my (.) but I have been cramping all week, like mild cramping though, so we'll see. If I am preggers I know for sure the conception date would have been May 26th (hubby and I don't get many days off together every month so that's the other hard part) so that is what I have been going by for timing.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Well, I took a First Response test this AM, first morning pee, and it was neg. I am on CD29 (11DPO), which is the only thing that still has me thinking I could possible still be pregnant. My cycles haven't gone a full month in a long time.

Just waiting. I will test again after the weekend, if AF hasn't arrived.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

SarahlovesJS- Boo for AF! But yay for the beginning of what could be your cycle! I'm hoping AF comes soon so I can get a re-do too!

Rissa- :wavey: Welcome! Hoping your stay here is almost over already! Fingers crossed that AF stays away.

Mer- 11DPO could still be too early, good luck!

Pupp- Thanks for asking about me! I can totally relate to those awkward moments like you had with your mom. My brother and his fiance have been in town so I have been secretly sneaking in pregnancy and ovulation tests all week. Yesterday I panicked that I may have forgottten to put away an OPK! :errrr: But it was a false alarm! Your BD schedule looks promising!!! Good luck!

AFM, well CD41 today and really low temps and negative OPK :(sad I emailed my doctor Tuesday and she said if AF doesn't come in 2 weeks to come in, so it looks like I am in a sorta 2WW of my own! I suppose if I don't get AF by then I'll ask for provera (I think thats what it is called) in order to start a period. I can't find any information on whether cycles typically return to normal after provera because obviously most of the women who are on it have trouble ovulating anyway. I have had to take it twice in the past and I wasn't tracking my cycles then, but I'm pretty sure they went back to normal so I am hoping I ovulate next cycle! I am just worried that this may be the beginning of a stretch of long or anovulatory cycles which is what happened the time I had an 89 days cycle that did end in ovulation.

All that said, I do have a question for you ladies: Would you continue to try if you had a really long cycle like mine? What do you think of egg quality? I can't decide if I should just give up for the cycle... I did read somewhere that late ovulation just means everything happened later and that it doesn't affect egg quality, but I haven't found that from a credible source. So what are your feelings? Do you think it may increase my risk for a miscarriage?

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Mia, I have never thought of egg quality. I am not sure how I would feel in your situation, given that I haven't researched it at all. Hmm.

AFM, pretty sure I am going to start my period tomorrow. Saw some pink tonight and that usually means its very close to starting. Fine with me. I have had 3 neg pregnancy tests in the last 3 days, and since I have short cycles, really feel like it would be showing up by now, if I were. Two were the wondfos, and one first response.

How are you, Rissa?! Any news?

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi Mia, I also have very long cycles, usually the longest has been 45 days, however I have gone three months without having a period a couple times. That's why I went to my doctor first before trying to get pregnant. She did all the blood work and an transvaginal ultrasound to make sure everything was okay. I never thought to ask about egg quality, but my doctor did say that my longer cycles wouldn't effect pregnancy, but that it might make becoming pregnant take longer than most. So she recommended for hubby and I to try to enjoy ourselves during the process as stress could add to the difficulty of becoming pregnant, (I know easier said than done). :)

Thanks for asking Meresal, I'm sorry to hear about your possible AF visit :( Maybe next month will be both of our lucky months! :)

Well still no sign from AF, so I took another home test this morning and it's still negative :(
According to the very specific instructions on the HPT the most accurate results happen 19 days after conception which would be Weds. the 13th. So if I still haven't started my period by then I will take one more test, if it's still negative I'll consider it an unsuccessful month. However I'm not too hopeful at this point considering the few pregnancy symptoms I thought I was having are just as absent as AF :(

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies! Thanks for the well wishes. On CD 8 now, waiting to O.

Mer did AF come? :(

Mia - how are you doing?

Rissa - Wishing you luck..hoping you get a BFP!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

AF did arrive for me yesterday, just like I thought it would. So this next cycle will make month one of a good actual effort. If it doesn't happen this next month then we will take a month off, so that we don't have 2 kids with almost identical birthday's.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you Rissa.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Hey guys, still the same old here: Wait for a sign of O, spot a sign of O, take data, BD like crazy thinking it's finally time, wait for sign of O, rinse and repeat! So CD 45 here. EWCM came back with a vengeance (lots of it, the most I've had all cycle) so I thought for sure I was going to O and sure enough got that =) on the OPK so we DTD. I guess I decided better to try this cycle while we can, than have to wait for AF and then another O. Friday and Saturday morning I had +OPKs and lots of EWCM, and Saturday evening and today they went negative. My temps also went from the strange low they had been (97.00) to my normal pre-O temps (97.20). So all was looking good. But alas, my temp was only 97.07 today (although I did wake up a half hour earlier and slept over my friend's house). My CF seems to be drying up but cervix is still partially open usually drops and closes after O. I also ran a triathlon today so I could see O being delayed by that... Well sorry to list all of my symptoms, but this is my life these days. It's possible I have O'd already or will today or tomorrow, but it is also likely that my body is just gearing up and trying. On my 89 day cycle I had multiple stretches of +OPKs so I can't put too much stock in them. So back to more waiting!

On a side note, I hope my posts don't make me sound like I am crazy obsessed with symptoms or stressed about this. I really am not. Sure, I get frustrated at times but who wouldn't when they've waited so long for something and then 45 days pass with no AF or ovulation? One of my friends keeps telling me that I should just relax and stop tracking things. I would love to but where would that get me? Testing for pregnancy everyday? I actually think feeling confident that I haven't ovulated has kept me from feeling disappointed. And honestly, I have been living my life, drinking alcohol when I want, exercising and staying out late. It takes me 1-2 minutes to get a temp read in the morning and another minute to add the data to my chart, I have some moments where I think about variables that could be affecting my chart, or other moments where I find out that someone else is pregnant and I might be bummed for a second that it may not be easy for us, but I really don't think or stress about it most of the day. It's only our first cycle trying after all! So anyway, I hope that this didn't come off as a rant I just worry that my posts may be negative and whinny.

RissaLou- Thanks for sharing your experiences with long cycles. Your cycles sound similar to mine. I think I will request an ultrasound when I go in if AF doesn't come soon. Might as well check things out! Good luck!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results