Wonderful story.
Thanks for sharing.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing dog she is!!!! :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and I thought it would be some large breed, super athletic type! What a cutie! She deserves to be loved and spoiled forever.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I've seen this video, and I keep wondering "how do they know the dog doesn't belong to someone?" :confused:

A stray would be in ragged shape, and wouldn't be able to run for 20 days, would it? Looks cared for, etc. Not sure collars are the norm in China, so could be somebody's pet.

How do they know some poor owner didn't just open the door, say "go potty doggie", and expected it to come right back? Then a bunch of bikes went by, the dog must have some kind of herding breed in it's ancestry, and zoom-- bye, bye, Fido.

What's the Chinese word for Fido? :D

Cute dog, cute story, but it makes me wonder. . .

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1338325043|3205723 said:
I've seen this video, and I keep wondering "how do they know the dog doesn't belong to someone?" :confused:

How do they know some poor owner didn't just open the door, say "go potty doggie", and expected it to come right back? Then a bunch of bikes went by, the dog must have some kind of herding breed in it's ancestry, and zoom-- bye, bye, Fido.

ROFL! iLander, you have such a way with words! Really, really funny! Now I have one dog too many - where are those bikers when you need 'em?!

D

Deactivated member 42515

It's kinda scary for a dog to be a stray in China! My mom told me when she lived in Korea when she was little, there would be guys walking around capturing dogs to cook... Freaked me out when she said that!!! I was livid... It's different now of course but it still makes me ao mad that they eat dogs.
But then again, I also believe in the saying:
Why do we eat pigs?
Wear cows?
And love dogs?
Sorry, I went a little off topic

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Well, however it started, at least it ended well for the dog.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Aww.... What an awesome little pup!

I saw on the news today that it got a free vet check up and a plane ticket home with one of the bikers. Apparently this was his second tour across Tibet/China and he would drop back to herd/motivate some of the bikers that were falling behind!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean to say that that little dog has done this more than once? :o

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
hoover|1338356601|3205972 said:
Aww.... What an awesome little pup!

I saw on the news today that it got a free vet check up and a plane ticket home with one of the bikers. Apparently this was his second tour across Tibet/China and he would drop back to herd/motivate some of the bikers that were falling behind!

I really love this story!!! How cute! I just wanna pick the little puppy up and smoosh him! (after a bath :wink2: )

hoover

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux said:
You mean to say that that little dog has done this more than once? :o

according to this broadcast, yep! he's a super-pup :appl:

http://www.globalnational.com/GlobalNational/video/chinese+dogs+dogged+determination/video.html?v=2240400077&p=3&s=dd#video

I love this story, especially how the little dog runs off to chase birds at the end :D
I watched it a couple times hoping my dog will become inspired - I can barely get him to walk more than 30 minutes, let alone 30 miles! :nono:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results