shape
carat
color
clarity

Lookey what I got...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1337922204|3203285 said:
Oh my gosh, it is stunning! Congratulations on finding your dream 3 stone!

Are you thinking of resetting or keeping it in the original setting?

The setting is yellow gold and is not original -- it was a three stone holding two diamonds and a pearl in the center, and the previous owner had her jeweler take out the pearl and insert a larger basket for the center. The center is higher than I would like. I will be resetting... into what I have no idea! But I am bound and determined to *actually* set these stones! In the meantime I am going to have one of the stones tightened and I might just rhodium dip the mount to boot ;))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1337927521|3203337 said:
It is incredible!! Details, please!

Did you buy this ring as a completed piece, or are these your loose OECs you set? Talk about FINGER COVERAGE! :naughty:

I bought it as a completed piece, these stones are much larger than the suite I have!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhea|1337948251|3203418 said:
That's the Craigslist to Ebay one, isn't it?! I love it! It looks great on you. I've never understood the 3 stone obsession, but I was visiting a jeweler earlier today and she had on the most amazing 3 stone, old cut ring ever. And I realised that computers just don't do them justice and never will. So I'm betting this is a stunner in real life - the finger coverage is perfect!

We need details!

Yes, it is an ebay buy. My biggest one to date, but a smooth transaction, the seller is avery nice woman who is a PSer at heart ::) I directed her to this forum actually!

You don't know what you are missing about three stones Rhea. The bling factor is unsurpassed. I would take this ring I have over a 0.5mm larger center stone ANY day of the week.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337952198|3203448 said:
armywife13|1337922204|3203285 said:
Oh my gosh, it is stunning! Congratulations on finding your dream 3 stone!

Are you thinking of resetting or keeping it in the original setting?

The setting is yellow gold and is not original -- it was a three stone holding two diamonds and a pearl in the center, and the previous owner had her jeweler take out the pearl and insert a larger basket for the center. The center is higher than I would like. I will be resetting... into what I have no idea! But I am bound and determined to *actually* set these stones! In the meantime I am going to have one of the stones tightened and I might just rhodium dip the mount to boot ;))
I will keep my fingers crossed that in the coming months a reset thread pops up, I can't wait to see all the gorgeous suggestions and add a few of my own. It is going to be a stunning ring, especially with those three beauties as the main attraction! :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif

What a gorgeous set of stones!!!!!! Congrats on finding your dream ring Dreamer!

I swear, in a few years when I can afford a nice old cut, I'm going to pay you (and Gypsy and Yssie...) to help me hunt down the perfect stone.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring Dreamer...I'm so happy for you, i know that this was your dream piece ;))

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It's just lovely, D - enjoy it. And take lots more photos, please! :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, your new ring is absolutely stunning!! :love: What a presence! Enjoy and wear in good health!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow, 5 years was worth the wait for this beauty!!! I am just so impressed at how the stones seem to go together. Love it!!!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Wow, a big congratulations! It looks huge on your hand, and the center stone is the nicest old stone you've had too - that is an amazing find. I am looking forward to seeing your reset, I'm in favor of something simple so the beautiful stones are the star :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh man, that's gorgeous and I think you got quite a steal! I can't wait to see how you re-set it! :love: :love:

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Holy moly!! That's an amazing eBay find. Congrats! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats such a great find, DreamerD! It's soooo :love: :love: :love: :love: big!!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
i'm so sad i found this and never did (or could do) anything about it before it was on ebay

*sigh*

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a classic/gorgeous 3-stone!!!! What's your total line-up at this point?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like there's some history to this piece? was it posted on PS previously? Linkie!

I still really want a 2ctw+ OEC 5 stone but they are so hard to find in the right proportions and I want the right setting too, I may be looking for years. Oh and I'm cheap. LOL! So, congrats on yours, DD!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara|1337961122|3203582 said:
Sounds like there's some history to this piece? was it posted on PS previously? Linkie!

I still really want a 2ctw+ OEC 5 stone but they are so hard to find in the right proportions and I want the right setting too, I may be looking for years. Oh and I'm cheap. LOL! So, congrats on yours, DD!!

Yes, there was a thread in the Vintage section. I almost bought it myself ;( I had her put it on Ebay for the protection factor.

I want a 2ctw 4 stone OEC ring :lickout: . I am working on it :twirl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1337961636|3203584 said:

Yes, there was a thread in the Vintage section. I almost bought it myself ;( I had her put it on Ebay for the protection factor.

Oh will go check it out!

I have an estimated 1.75ctw 4 stone OMC ring, each stone is about 4.5mm... and I'm on the hunt for a 5th one but the stones are slightly cushion shaped so I may have to have someone like Adam match the 5th stone or something for me. I hate the setting, it's a modern one, but I love the stones. Need that 5th stone though because 4 doesn't quite cover the finger and just generally bugs me.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
That is unbelieveably beautiful! Congrats!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes, the great PS old cut posse made this possible, and I didn't even know it ::)

Mico posted a thread about the craigslist advertisment for the ring. Bright Ice then contacted the seller and asked her to put it up on Ebay. And then I found it on ebay during one of my daily searches! I did not find out about the thread on PS until I was already in negotiations with the seller! But I have Mico and Bright Ice to thank, and they have me to be jealous of ::)

To service my ego, I will claim that only I saw enough potential in the horrible photos to risk buying it :halo: :devil: :tongue:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what do you think of the mount, Dreamer? Will you reset into a different 3 stone mount, or do you love the one as is? I like your plain band with it a lot!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOOO HOOO!!!! :appl:

Dreamer, I am so happy for you! PLEASE tell me you plan to keep these and set them into your DREAM three stone ring! No skimping on the setting, yah? I have been wearing my ring for a week now and I have not regretted at ALL that I spent the money on the setting that I wanted.

These are just perfect for what you wanted! I tell ya, even after a week, my 3 stone ring almost still feels too big for me, so I can only imagine what these look like since on your finger which is only a size and change bigger than mine. :lickout: Can you take more hand shots? Perspective shots? Come on lady, I scratched your back, and now it's time for you to scratch my itch to see plenty of pics of yours! ;))

And yeah, I have to agree...the three stone just packs a crazy punch. I would rather have these than one 7.5 mm stone (crazy, I know.) How cool too, that the original ring is your size. Was meant to be. :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, do you have other sidestones to match it if the wonk bothers you on the current sidestones?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will be resetting, and I am in the process of selling my hoard to do it :appl: Studs shmuds :devil:

Here is the mount. It was an original Victorian ring holding the sides, which I do not think have ever been unset because I cannot clean them! The mount touched the stones and the dirt is sandwiched in there. Anyways, the previous seller removed the center basket that held a pearl about the size of the sides, and had her jeweler set a basket into it for the 7mm center, which she got on auction separately. It looks ok in person, but the yellow gold combined with the very high set center mean I am going to get a nicer mount. Sooner rather than later I hope! I have no CLUE what style, all I know is I want an open mount (no bezels, I don't like what they do to stones with leakage), prong set, and platinum!

009.JPG

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1337965302|3203652 said:
I will be resetting, and I am in the process of selling my hoard to do it :appl: Studs shmuds :devil:

Here is the mount. It was an original Victorian ring holding the sides, which I do not think have ever been unset because I cannot clean them! The mount touched the stones and the dirt is sandwiched in there. Anyways, the previous seller removed the center basket that held a pearl about the size of the sides, and had her jeweler set a basket into it for the 7mm center, which she got on auction separately. It looks ok in person, but the yellow gold combined with the very high set center mean I am going to get a nicer mount. Sooner rather than later I hope! I have no CLUE what style, all I know is I want an open mount (no bezels, I don't like what they do to stones with leakage), prong set, and platinum!

Sounds good so far!! :naughty: Can't wait to see what you end up with!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337964938|3203645 said:
btw, do you have other sidestones to match it if the wonk bothers you on the current sidestones?

I don't think so. My studs are a very different style of OEC, thinner faceting. They look quite different face up. These three match very well in color and faceting. If when they are loose I still think they are too wonky I will perhaps ask Brian if a tweak of the cut can be done to make them a weensy bit rounder. I would not do it if it meant really changing the stones a lot because they are really nice, but I would consider it. They are not too wonky -- one of them is just a little more ovoid than the others. The center is sublime perfection, though, and that is what matters most to me as it is the key stone.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337965687|3203660 said:
TravelingGal|1337964938|3203645 said:

I don't think so. My studs are a very different style of OEC, thinner faceting. They look quite different face up. These three match very well in color and faceting. If when they are loose I still think they are too wonky I will perhaps ask Brian if a tweak of the cut can be done to make them a weensy bit rounder. I would not do it if it meant really changing the stones a lot because they are really nice, but I would consider it. They are not too wonky -- one of them is just a little more ovoid than the others. The center is sublime perfection, though, and that is what matters most to me as it is the key stone.

OK, now you have take pics please so I can see what you are talking about when you say "thinner faceting". ::)

All I see is sparkle on my ring. The center isn't perfectly round, but boy, super hard to tell in the setting I have. At least for lil ole blind me!!! :lol:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, I think the stones look awesome on your hand! What do you think of the proportions? I know you like 2:1, but this is more than that. Personally, if I had them, they'd probably be my new favorite proportions. :lol:

I still am a bit biased on 2:1 though, since I think it showcases the center, without being shrinking violets. What will you do about bands? I can't wait to see what you end up with....maybe have that dream setting you love remade (the fourtaine one)?

catia

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D--the fact that you just keep finding amazing antique stones is mind blowing.

I look forward to seeing your pics.

This is a big fat super finger coverage bling ring IMHO--but elegant in it's bling since it's OECs, they just have a way of making that happen!

I'd get it tested too just to be 110% sure, for the mind settling aspect.
It is just a beautiful stone, all of them are beautiful :)

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

Ha ha!! It was YOU BrightIce!! :lol: I figured someone from PS gave her a heads up about "Why the HECK are you selling here when people will be racing to snatch it up on Ebay!" You probably did her a major service re: safety and what she got for it. Craigslist is just so chancey.

Well done D! Love it! :love: :love: Congrats on finding the ring you have been looking for!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results