shape
carat
color
clarity

<3 setting, and an introduction

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1337811374|3202035 said:
i dunno, i emailed yekutiel and he hasn't responded :( No pictures for me.
:( Hopefully he'll get back to you soon!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
they never wrote me back :( -- email them!!! I was going to buy it but blah to them.

i'm currently pumping myself up for another run... sooo sore. Cute body here i come!

ETA: I ran, if that's what you want to call it... i never knew i could sweat this much!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Mico|1337818729|3202139 said:
they never wrote me back :( -- email them!!! I was going to buy it but blah to them.

i'm currently pumping myself up for another run... sooo sore. Cute body here i come!

ETA: I ran, if that's what you want to call it... i never knew i could sweat this much!
Good job on the runnin...how far did you go?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
2 miles yesterday, a mile and a quarter yesterday. I want to alternate, aiming for a 5k in about a month and a half and a 10k by the end of summer. Yesterdays run was MUCH easier than the first day, a lot happier with my pace.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1337863968|3202488 said:
2 miles yesterday, a mile and a quarter yesterday. I want to alternate, aiming for a 5k in about a month and a half and a 10k by the end of summer. Yesterdays run was MUCH easier than the first day, a lot happier with my pace.
Go go go!! :)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
!!! Just talked to Yekutiel, he'll place a gemstone in there for me :), and he's taking pictures - he promised

FF's bday is in october - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthstones
that leaves opal, pink tourmaline, and aquamarine (from the 15-20 century?), or peridot if i pick the libra sign stone...

thoughts?
- i think pink tourmaline is out

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1337870610|3202582 said:
!!! Just talked to Yekutiel, he'll place a gemstone in there for me :), and he's taking pictures - he promised

FF's bday is in october - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthstones
that leaves opal, pink tourmaline, and aquamarine (from the 15-20 century?), or peridot if i pick the libra sign stone...

thoughts?
- i think pink tourmaline is out
Are you doing just a gemstone for your FF or one for each of you? That makes a difference in my vote!

Of the choices, pink does seem odd to commemorate a male, lol. I like the idea of opal, particularly fire opal!

mexican-fire-opal.png

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I love me some opal, but I don't think it would do well on the inside of a band (I don't know for certain, the jeweler will know better). I'd say if a birthstone doesn't work, use a stone in his favorite color.

audball

Ideal_Rock
What about your anniversary month? That's what we did. We're both December babies, but July is our anniversary month and we used ruby for our secret stone to always remember our first July :)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
funny enough, july is our month too - he mentioned ruby ;-). sounds like he wants something "sparkly" in there... and i just want to mail my choice to IDJ!!! gah!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. I like just the one stone too. If you want HIS birthstone though, it sounds like tourm is where to go. What about a pariba tourmaline? I know pink tourm is technically for October, but tourms come in lots of other colors. Pariba tourms are a beautiful blue. There is also chrome tourms that are a vivid green.

Ahh! July twins! Rubies are very pretty and not unmanly, lol. Though let me tell you, it's just about color. It's SOOO tiny it doesn't sparkle. Go on color for the secret stone.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1337873322|3202636 said:
Hmm. I like just the one stone too. If you want HIS birthstone though, it sounds like tourm is where to go. What about a pariba tourmaline? I know pink tourm is technically for October, but tourms come in lots of other colors. Pariba tourms are a beautiful blue. There is also chrome tourms that are a vivid green.

Ahh! July twins! Rubies are very pretty and not unmanly, lol. Though let me tell you, it's just about color. It's SOOO tiny it doesn't sparkle. Go on color for the secret stone.

great advice! I think color wise then, i'm leaning towards turquoise - he likes blue, my birthstone, and wiki lists it at the july birthstone between the 15th and 20th century... if he would only stop being so busy at work and return my text so i could confirm this and get my pictures, i would be overjoyed

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1337873519|3202642 said:
great advice! I think color wise then, i'm leaning towards turquoise - he likes blue, my birthstone, and wiki lists it at the july birthstone between the 15th and 20th century... if he would only stop being so busy at work and return my text so i could confirm this and get my pictures, i would be overjoyed
No problem! It's just with a 2mm or smaller stone, it's SOOO tiny. Go with your gut on color. And preferably a brighter one. Once it's set all the way down into the metal flush with the setting, it's a tiny dot of color not much bigger than the tip of a ballpoint pen.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Turquoise it is!

edit, he can't do turquoise :( - back to the drawing board

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1337878937|3202703 said:
Turquoise it is!

Boo. Well my vote goes to ruby then. It's a great, well known gemstone. It represents your time as a dating couple (since you may or may not get married in your original anniversary month) and represents both of you becoming one.

IMO doing JUST his birthstone seems odd. I've seen people do two tiny stones, each of your birthstones, but I think something that represents you more as a couple if you're doing a single stone would be special.

Not to mention if you do end up telling/showing anyone, people KNOW what rubies are. Not everyone knows of spinel, tourmaline, etc...

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1337880236|3202726 said:
Mico|1337878937|3202703 said:
Turquoise it is!

Boo. Well my vote goes to ruby then. It's a great, well known gemstone. It represents your time as a dating couple (since you may or may not get married in your original anniversary month) and represents both of you becoming one.

IMO doing JUST his birthstone seems odd. I've seen people do two tiny stones, each of your birthstones, but I think something that represents you more as a couple if you're doing a single stone would be special.

Not to mention if you do end up telling/showing anyone, people KNOW what rubies are. Not everyone knows of spinel, tourmaline, etc...
Agree..

Is there a special word you could put in to use instead? I know that is more traditional for wedding bands, but if there is a special phrase or a shared nickname you use for each other, maybe you could do that instead or add it to the stone?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1337880990|3202738 said:
Agree..

Is there a special word you could put in to use instead? I know that is more traditional for wedding bands, but if there is a special phrase or a shared nickname you use for each other, maybe you could do that instead or add it to the stone?
Another good idea! One inscription that feels more "engagement ring" than "wedding band" to me is "You are my sunshine". I saw that somewhere and it totally made me melt. I feel like wedding band inscriptions should be more about the two of you as a couple whereas I think an inscription from him to you about just how special *you* are is a very sweet idea as well.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1337881238|3202742 said:
Agree..

Another good idea! One inscription that feels more "engagement ring" than "wedding band" to me is "You are my sunshine". I saw that somewhere and it totally made me melt. I feel like wedding band inscriptions should be more about the two of you as a couple whereas I think an inscription from him to you about just how special *you* are is a very sweet idea as well.

I was hoping to avoid engravings, i like the visual hidden meaning :bigsmile: - FF finally answered, after much probing (i wish i could show you all this conversation), he finally picked a blue stone. ha! Setting it at either 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock, whichever, doesn't matter

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Agree..

aww that is very cute! I like that line of thinking as well.

yay mico! what blue stone are you going with?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1337882581|3202765 said:
Agree..

like THIS color: https://www.pricescope.com/gallery/acidfree_albums/vendors/leon_mege/Ring_Halo_Cluster_r1293

:Up_to_something: ees pweeeety my preeecious

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1337883249|3202775 said:
Agree..

like THIS color: https://www.pricescope.com/gallery/acidfree_albums/vendors/leon_mege/Ring_Halo_Cluster_r1293

eeeee!!! I LOVE!!! also I think it's funny that you said either 3 or 9 o'clock...wouldn't it end up being either depending on which way you turn your ring? :lol: unless your ring isn't going to be symmetrical!

audball

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL choice!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1337885206|3202803 said:
Mico|1337883249|3202775 said:
Agree..

eeeee!!! I LOVE!!! also I think it's funny that you said either 3 or 9 o'clock...wouldn't it end up being either depending on which way you turn your ring? :lol: unless your ring isn't going to be symmetrical!

^LOL!!!

OH, "y( )u are my sunshine". with the stone in the (O) =). but then I'd be anal about the stone being lower on the shank, and in the exact shape and placement that the o would have been at.

MM I love that paraiba color!! =)

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1337887898|3202838 said:
OH, "y( )u are my sunshine". with the stone in the (O) =). but then I'd be anal about the stone being lower on the shank, and in the exact shape and placement that the o would have been at.
OMG!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I sing You Are My Sunshine to Andrew all the time! I wonder if we could add this to ours.... :Up_to_something:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1337885206|3202803 said:

lol, that was my thought EXACTLY

audball said:
OMG!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I sing You Are My Sunshine to Andrew all the time! I wonder if we could add this to ours.... :Up_to_something:

it IS really cute!!! DO IT!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mico|1337895424|3202937 said:
audball said:

Hers is already made :( with 2 stones next to each other. Have someone hand engrave in it, maybe? What word has two O's in it consecutively? "I love you t( )( )"?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1337900668|3203000 said:
Mico|1337895424|3202937 said:
audball said:

Hers is already made :( with 2 stones next to each other. Have someone hand engrave in it, maybe? What word has two O's in it consecutively? "I love you t( )( )"?

I thought audball only had the one ruby in her shank?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results