shape
carat
color
clarity

Super small wedding ideas

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!! I've been sick for the past 5 days so I haven't been on PS very much and I only barely got my pinterest thing set up yesterday, but I'm glad I found you all on there and I think I have it figured out for the most part? :lol:

Ph- I'm kind of a shoe fiend, so that's probably where I can be the most help to you. I see you already have tons of gorgeous shoes pinned, but I'm always about shoe options! As such, can you tell me a bit more of what you want? Are you set on blue? You've got a lot of platform peep toes pinned, is that the style you're hoping for? Also, budget? Some people splurge a ton on their wedding shoes while others don't think they're all that important, so I'd like to get your take so I know which direction to head!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
star sparkle|1337616245|3200241 said:
Hi ladies!! I've been sick for the past 5 days so I haven't been on PS very much and I only barely got my pinterest thing set up yesterday, but I'm glad I found you all on there and I think I have it figured out for the most part? :lol:

Ph- I'm kind of a shoe fiend, so that's probably where I can be the most help to you. I see you already have tons of gorgeous shoes pinned, but I'm always about shoe options! As such, can you tell me a bit more of what you want? Are you set on blue? You've got a lot of platform peep toes pinned, is that the style you're hoping for? Also, budget? Some people splurge a ton on their wedding shoes while others don't think they're all that important, so I'd like to get your take so I know which direction to head!

star, i don't know why, but the amount of detail you're asking for in your post kinda excites me. Just putting that out there...

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Mico|1337622194|3200306 said:
star, i don't know why, but the amount of detail you're asking for in your post kinda excites me. Just putting that out there...

Haha, what can I say, I know what my strengths are! I've embarked on many a shoe hunt for people, and I want to have all the information I can to be most useful! :naughty:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1337632342|3200412 said:
Mico|1337622194|3200306 said:

Haha, what can I say, I know what my strengths are! I've embarked on many a shoe hunt for people, and I want to have all the information I can to be most useful! :naughty:

Now I know I have a pro personal shoe shopper available ;-).. Have you ever found any YSL Tribute and Tribute Too lookalikes? I always find cheapy downtownLA quality pairs made of synthetic materials.. but no strong, good pair.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm..I seem to see a lot of Tribute Too lookalikes, not so many Tribute. If/when I come across any online, I'll pin them to one of your boards.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I have got to got to got to get my board together!! :(

I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1337634463|3200431 said:
Hmm..I seem to see a lot of Tribute Too lookalikes, not so many Tribute. If/when I come across any online, I'll pin them to one of your boards.

:bigsmile: yay. I want a good pair of black ones for "forever", and an ivory or dusty pink one.. for wedding :) I want to bling it out with swarovski crystals so it can glitter in the sun. YUM.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1337692720|3200829 said:
I have got to got to got to get my board together!! :(

I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun!

Yes, get to it, girl!!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock

Really want blue, but slightly intrigued by yellow. Yes, love platforms, and prefer a peep toe to something too strappy as I will be outside in October (well, that is the plan :naughty: ) I'd prefer something not too expensive as I am not sure how much use I might get out of blue shoes, so under 300 most likely, however........if it seems like something that somehow I can get a lot of use on, I would consider more....heel height I would say 4 to 5 inch would be good, def not too short! Thanks for helping!!

Thanks to all you ladies, it has been a lot of fun checking to see what you guys have found. Madelise, pretty funny you did not realize it was me posting, HEE HEE!
AuD, you must Join us!! Another thing to spend time on!!

I promise to help you all as well!! Just tell me what I am supposed to be looking for!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1337738945|3201376 said:

Really want blue, but slightly intrigued by yellow. Yes, love platforms, and prefer a peep toe to something too strappy as I will be outside in October (well, that is the plan :naughty: ) I'd prefer something not too expensive as I am not sure how much use I might get out of blue shoes, so under 300 most likely, however........if it seems like something that somehow I can get a lot of use on, I would consider more....heel height I would say 4 to 5 inch would be good, def not too short! Thanks for helping!!

Thanks to all you ladies, it has been a lot of fun checking to see what you guys have found. Madelise, pretty funny you did not realize it was me posting, HEE HEE!

I promise to help you all as well!! Just tell me what I am supposed to be looking for!

Yum, maybe you can do a mix of light pale yellow and a navy blue for a nice nautical feel? A yellow bouquet with little tiny blue flowers stuck in between the whites and yellows? One of the pinned mens' corsages fits that pretty well.

300 is your budget for shoes? :love: :love: :love: I've never owned any shoes that much before, holy cow! That's a HUGE budget! I'm sure we'll find you a bajillion contenders for "the" shoes. Do you like them with those centerpiece accents, like those crystal-y metal-y decorations? Or do you want it more simple, so you can wear it after?

http://www.zappos.com/product/7940688/color/790?zfcTest=fw:1p
Sorry, had to include another bling pair. It's just. WAY. too cute. :love: I can picture you standing on that little yacht, with the sun going down during "twilight" hour, and the sun glistening off each one of those little crystals. YUM!

http://www.zappos.com/nine-west-danee-navy-synthetic?zfcTest=fw:1p
I like this pair cus of how dark blue it is.. it'd make it more versatile for future wear.

It's the Nordstrom's half yearly women's sale right now. These are on sale:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/aldo-fr...egory&fashionColor=ROYAL+BLUE&resultback=6636
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/jessica...gory&fashionColor=BLUE+VIOLET&resultback=6936
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/joan-da...ionColor=ELECTRIC+BLUE+PATENT&resultback=3387

This one's also a super dark blue:
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/badgley+mischka+star+pump?prodId=254403&productRef=SEARCH

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1337750971|3201468 said:
Phdecorate|1337738945|3201376 said:

Yum, maybe you can do a mix of light pale yellow and a navy blue for a nice nautical feel? A yellow bouquet with little tiny blue flowers stuck in between the whites and yellows? One of the pinned mens' corsages fits that pretty well.

300 is your budget for shoes? :love: :love: :love: I've never owned any shoes that much before, holy cow! That's a HUGE budget! I'm sure we'll find you a bajillion contenders for "the" shoes. Do you like them with those centerpiece accents, like those crystal-y metal-y decorations? Or do you want it more simple, so you can wear it after?

http://www.zappos.com/product/7940688/color/790?zfcTest=fw:1p
Sorry, had to include another bling pair. It's just. WAY. too cute. :love: I can picture you standing on that little yacht, with the sun going down during "twilight" hour, and the sun glistening off each one of those little crystals. YUM!

http://www.zappos.com/nine-west-danee-navy-synthetic?zfcTest=fw:1p
I like this pair cus of how dark blue it is.. it'd make it more versatile for future wear.

It's the Nordstrom's half yearly women's sale right now. These are on sale:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/aldo-fr...egory&fashionColor=ROYAL+BLUE&resultback=6636
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/jessica...gory&fashionColor=BLUE+VIOLET&resultback=6936
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/joan-da...ionColor=ELECTRIC+BLUE+PATENT&resultback=3387

This one's also a super dark blue:
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/badgley+mischka+star+pump?prodId=254403&productRef=SEARCH

Well, Madelise, I would *prefer* not to spend 300, especially on shoes I may not get much use of! :naughty: ! My problem is, I end up finding something that is exactly what I want and then I talk myself into it. So I figured I would get a really great selection if I opened it up a bit. And I think blue shoes are tough, the wrong thing and they can look cheesy or cheap, you know?

That being said, I love the first pair you picked, so sparkly, and I did not expect to like them at all! I like the price too, HEE HEE! the navy looks too short and kind of plain, the Joan and David looks great in pink but not sure about blue and the JS ones are too small (I wear 7 or 7.5) and I don't want closed toe.

I feel like the shoe will set the tone, especially with the flowers. I really wanted hydrangeas, and I love the dog collar I found that has a felt hydrangea, but I also like yellow, but it has to be bright yellow, not pale. So I have a few thoughts, hydrangeas and shoe that will kind of coordinate, white hydrangeas with a blue bow that goes with the shoes, a mix of flowers to include blue hydrangeas or avoid hydrangeas all together and go with yellow with a navy and white ribbon and more of a dark shoe?

Of course, still need to figure out the dress. My pattern has always been to find one absolutely perfect thing and plan the rest around this key. Item. So trying to find that key can't live without piece or idea.

Check out this shoe, it is not wedding material, but love love love the look. Also saw in person yesterday on someone I know from work, and they look awesome! I want!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/enzo-angiolini-tanen-pump/3219256?origin=related-3219256-0-0-2

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1337779298|3201579 said:
Well, Madelise, I would *prefer* not to spend 300, especially on shoes I may not get much use of! :naughty: ! My problem is, I end up finding something that is exactly what I want and then I talk myself into it. So I figured I would get a really great selection if I opened it up a bit. And I think blue shoes are tough, the wrong thing and they can look cheesy or cheap, you know?

That being said, I love the first pair you picked, so sparkly, and I did not expect to like them at all! I like the price too, HEE HEE! the navy looks too short and kind of plain, the Joan and David looks great in pink but not sure about blue and the JS ones are too small (I wear 7 or 7.5) and I don't want closed toe.

I feel like the shoe will set the tone, especially with the flowers. I really wanted hydrangeas, and I love the dog collar I found that has a felt hydrangea, but I also like yellow, but it has to be bright yellow, not pale. So I have a few thoughts, hydrangeas and shoe that will kind of coordinate, white hydrangeas with a blue bow that goes with the shoes, a mix of flowers to include blue hydrangeas or avoid hydrangeas all together and go with yellow with a navy and white ribbon and more of a dark shoe?

Of course, still need to figure out the dress. My pattern has always been to find one absolutely perfect thing and plan the rest around this key. Item. So trying to find that key can't live without piece or idea.

Check out this shoe, it is not wedding material, but love love love the look. Also saw in person yesterday on someone I know from work, and they look awesome! I want!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/enzo-angiolini-tanen-pump/3219256?origin=related-3219256-0-0-2

Set a budget and be firm with it! I'd hate for you to regret spending too much on a pair of pumps you only end up wearing once!

I think that shoe you linked is BEAUTIFUL!! Sorry, I totally thought you were looking for a royal to navy blue, or I would have linked it! I love hidden platforms. They're very "work appropriate" for you to wear again after the wedding. =) Me likes. If you love love love the look, is that pair "the one", or just a contender still?

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1337781815|3201601 said:
Phdecorate|1337779298|3201579 said:

Set a budget and be firm with it! I'd hate for you to regret spending too much on a pair of pumps you only end up wearing once!

I think that shoe you linked is BEAUTIFUL!! Sorry, I totally thought you were looking for a royal to navy blue, or I would have linked it! I love hidden platforms. They're very "work appropriate" for you to wear again after the wedding. =) Me likes. If you love love love the look, is that pair "the one", or just a contender still?

No! I don't like them for the wedding...I just like them! (I am getting sidetracked!) I DO want bright blue. So far m y favorites are the sparkly pair, and the first two I put in pinterest, the Steven ones (which I could wear to work...sometimes) and the Badgley Mishka ones.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1337784932|3201623 said:
Phdecorate|1337783394|3201610 said:

Those are very pretty! But harder to wear IRL for more than a wedding. However, the price might mean you don't have to ;-)
Yes and yes!!
But they don't have my size :((
I am going to order the sparkly ones you picked and see if they fit!! I really like the BM ones but not sure about the sparkly piece on the front. maybe also get the Steven ones to compare. still will keep looking though...love Zappos' return policy...a whole year and free shipping on returns! So...SS keep looking you shoe fiend!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1337785635|3201630 said:

Those are very pretty! But harder to wear IRL for more than a wedding. However, the price might mean you don't have to ;-)
Yes and yes!!
I am going to order the sparkly ones you picked and see if they fit!! I really like the BM ones but not sure about the sparkly piece on the front. maybe also get the Steven ones to compare. still will keep looking though...love Zappos' return policy...a whole year and free shipping on returns! So...SS keep looking you shoe fiend!

That sparkly one is also on DSW for cheaper, too! I can't find the link, I'm in class, sorry. But let me know how you love them. I'm tempted to buy the beige-blush color!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1337785850|3201634 said:

Yes and yes!!

That sparkly one is also on DSW for cheaper, too! I can't find the link, I'm in class, sorry. But let me know how you love them. I'm tempted to buy the beige-blush color!
Yes, I saw that. But they only do free exchanges...and I can't find the time frame for returns. So I will spend the extra for peace of mind. Will def let you know!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1337789222|3201677 said:
madelise|1337785850|3201634 said:

Yes and yes!!

Yes, I saw that. But they only do free exchanges...and I can't find the time frame for returns. So I will spend the extra for peace of mind. Will def let you know!

I have a local DSW (or two) and they have awesome customer service. Here is their return policy: http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/customer_service/index.jsp?content=cs_returns.

Excerpt: You may return product for any reason within 60 days of the original purchase date to receive a full merchandise refund via your original form of payment.

Merchandise must be returned and received unworn, in the original packaging, with the original shipping invoice.

Complete the Return & Exchange Form on the invoice and include it with the item for return.

Items purchased with any DSW Rewards certificates or offer codes may result in an adjusted refund amount. Certificates and offers will not be reissued or recredited for returns.

It may take up to 14 days to process your return and credit your original form of payment. An $8.50 shipping fee will be deducted from your refund.

So you lose out on $8.50 if you don't like it, but you save more if you do.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I found that afterwards. However, with the zappos, I can return for up to a year instead of 60 days. I might not even have a dress w/I 60 days, so.... Although, theoretically, if I did like them and knew they were definites, I could return the zappos, and order from DSW, is that bad? :naughty:

Anyway....

Did I tell you ladies that the Inn will do the package for 4? they now offer it as a 2 night required with two breakfasts. Makes sense because check in is 3 so you would be either left with min time to get ready or you would have to check out after the wedding, however they raised the cost from $1200 for 1 night to $2100 for 2. Hmm. I need to research online to see what cost would be for the room and most expensive food on menu (does not include alcohol except the bottle of champagne for your room) and see how much they are charging to "use" their grounds because, really, that's what it is! It also does not include food for my parents. I pushed the issue and she said they could maybe do the one night if necessary. So I could get my hair done AT the salon since it is during the week anyway, then show up in time to check in, get make up and relax a bit before wedding around 5 ish? Still time for pics...SO and I are going to go see it next Friday! And my date is avail! 10/2/12

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1337796470|3201779 said:
Did I tell you ladies that the Inn will do the package for 4? they now offer it as a 2 night required with two breakfasts. Makes sense because check in is 3 so you would be either left with min time to get ready or you would have to check out after the wedding, however they raised the cost from $1200 for 1 night to $2100 for 2. Hmm. I need to research online to see what cost would be for the room and most expensive food on menu (does not include alcohol except the bottle of champagne for your room) and see how much they are charging to "use" their grounds because, really, that's what it is! It also does not include food for my parents. I pushed the issue and she said they could maybe do the one night if necessary. So I could get my hair done AT the salon since it is during the week anyway, then show up in time to check in, get make up and relax a bit before wedding around 5 ish? Still time for pics...SO and I are going to go see it next Friday! And my date is avail! 10/2/12
Aww, yay! I'm glad that sounds like it'll work out!! There does seem to be quite a discrepancy for the one additional day...do check on that. I love your date!! I love things that add up, etc. 10 + 2 = 12. Awesome. Unless I can get married on a significant anniversary of ours (like I love you or something) I want a cool date too!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1337797831|3201806 said:
Aww, yay! I'm glad that sounds like it'll work out!! There does seem to be quite a discrepancy for the one additional day...do check on that. I love your date!! I love things that add up, etc. 10 + 2 = 12. Awesome. Unless I can get married on a significant anniversary of ours (like I love you or something) I want a cool date too!

YES! Me too...(dates that add up, etc). The other one was 10/11/12! Actually, both are avail!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1337798626|3201822 said:
YES! Me too...(dates that add up, etc). The other one was 10/11/12! Actually, both are avail!
Oooh! I love 10/11/12 too!

Andrew and I are torn on possible dates. Both his sister and his brother married on the 18th of the month (coincidence). So part of thinks it would be cool if our anniversary was also the 18th. None of our real/meaningful anniversaries are, so it would be a convenience date (like a cool one that adds up!). We looked and the only one that could maybe work is 5/18/13. Because 5 and 13 = 18 while still giving us that 18th significance. But I think it's too soon and that it's not likely to happen.

Our first date anniversary is the 14th so we thought it would be cool to marry in 2014 (a more realistic time frame based on when we think we'll be engaged) to commemorate that. Our I love you anniversary is on 7/30. Since we're thinking a SF City Hall elopement, we're thinking 7/30/14 at the moment. But we shall see...j I also like 12/13/14 (my FAVE time of year) but that's smack in between our birthdays (days to either of ours on each side) + right after Thanksgiving + just before Christmas...SOOO much going on. So probably no. Especially if we wanted to be out of town for a honeymoon, it would collide too much with holiday business. I also like 1/4/14 and 10/4/14.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1337799188|3201834 said:
Phdecorate|1337798626|3201822 said:
Oooh! I love 10/11/12 too!

Andrew and I are torn on possible dates. Both his sister and his brother married on the 18th of the month (coincidence). So part of thinks it would be cool if our anniversary was also the 18th. None of our real/meaningful anniversaries are, so it would be a convenience date (like a cool one that adds up!). We looked and the only one that could maybe work is 5/18/13. Because 5 and 13 = 18 while still giving us that 18th significance. But I think it's too soon and that it's not likely to happen.

Our first date anniversary is the 14th so we thought it would be cool to marry in 2014 (a more realistic time frame based on when we think we'll be engaged) to commemorate that. Our I love you anniversary is on 7/30. Since we're thinking a SF City Hall elopement, we're thinking 7/30/14 at the moment. But we shall see...j I also like 12/13/14 (my FAVE time of year) but that's smack in between our birthdays (days to either of ours on each side) + right after Thanksgiving + just before Christmas...SOOO much going on. So probably no. Especially if we wanted to be out of town for a honeymoon, it would collide too much with holiday business. I also like 1/4/14 and 10/4/14.
Ooh, 7/7/14! 7+7=14 plus your first date anniversary is the 14th and July is your special month! Then the ruby would mean the wedding too! :naughty: :love: :appl:

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
pandabee|1337802845|3201913 said:

mmmmm can I just say I love these!!! these are my favorite color. for my theme I think I'd like to go with orange (a la tangerine or the color of tiger lilies) with tiffany blue! yellow would be super cute as well with the tiffany blue if you wanna go lighter blue still!

Can't find them :((

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1337811281|3202033 said:
Ooh, 7/7/14! 7+7=14 plus your first date anniversary is the 14th and July is your special month! Then the ruby would mean the wedding too! :naughty: :love: :appl:
Oooh! I like that too! The ONLY Issue would be is if I'm in summer session for school, it doesn't get out until the third week of July so I'd have a conflict.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1337811966|3202047 said:
pandabee|1337802845|3201913 said:

mmmmm can I just say I love these!!! these are my favorite color. for my theme I think I'd like to go with orange (a la tangerine or the color of tiger lilies) with tiffany blue! yellow would be super cute as well with the tiffany blue if you wanna go lighter blue still!

Can't find them :((

what can't you find?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I found that afterwards. However, with the zappos, I can return for up to a year instead of 60 days. I might not even have a dress w/I 60 days, so.... Although, theoretically, if I did like them and knew they were definites, I could return the zappos, and order from DSW, is that bad? :naughty:

Anyway....

That sounds like a great plan to me! Haha, or even order from DSW afterwards and use that pair to return to Zappos. My god I am cheap. OR OR OR, can you call zappos to see if they'll price match? Nordstrom always price matches. You might have to go through and call a few times to speak with a couple different SAs, because they'll do it depending on their mood, I swear. But it's worth the try?

I'm so glad the Inn worked out for you guys! That's so exciting!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results