Old european cut three stone ring by 23rd Street Jewelers

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Re: Old european cut three stone ring by 23rd Street Jeweler

I love this ring, well done!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow - I love the florescence shots on the pad under black light!!! Too Cool For School!!!!

Just woke up and had to say hello to your ring, before I head off for the day.... 8-)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Umm.....you know that thing I was saying the other day about being set on getting another halo...... :loopy:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

Just loooove the oct. settings. I am so glad you were able to preserve the brooch too. Gorgeous!! :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, stunning!! :love: :love: :love: Love the ring, the brooch, what it all represents and your detailed write up!!
Happy (early) birthday and wear it all in health and happiness Tgal!!! :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW!!! WOOOOOOWW!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is just awesome! :shock:

The stones are simply breathtaking and the setting is pure artwork! It looks lovely on your hand with your other rings too. :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I came back for more drooling. And it's pretty rad that Rhino chimed in!!! Woot!

I say leave it how it is. I see the difference in your two pics and the more I look the more I like yours better how it is.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

Wow! So gorgeous and such a lot of finger presence.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

I had to come back and look at this wonderful piece again for my morning pick me up, and lo and behold there are even more pictures! Yaaay!! TGal, I haven't read every comment, so I am not sure if you've mentioned this already, but I am curious...what does TGuy think???

I love the fluoresence in the OEC, but seeing it in the sapphire is just totally unexpected and awesome!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love: I confess...I have been coming back again and again, while i was at the office, in order to admire your ring...Now i'm home and here i am again checking out the gorgeous ring for...like, the tenth time today? TGal, this is such a blingy, amazing, huge, unique ring :appl: :appl: :appl: It looks so wonderful on your hand!!! Happy Birthday and wear your new ring in good health...(i'll be back again later...i'm sure!!!).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TGal, it is just perfect! Absolutely beautiful, and I love it with the stackers.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TGal, it may not be perfect but it's "perfect" in my eyes. What a stunning ring and it absolutely looks heirloom. You'd never guess it was just made.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1337315319|3198132 said:
btw, also forgot to thank Mara for eyeballing the stones for me too! (Doh!) But as she keeps threatening to lick the ring, maybe that's why I'm running away from her.......

(and I'll bet she will!! she licked my aqua ring ... lol) :cheeky:

It turned out amazing, and looks perfect on your hand. Congratulations, and wear it in good health. Happy early birthday to you, Tgal!! :wavey:

InnaR

Shiny_Rock

Your center stone is to die for. I bet as I type, ebay is getting hundreds of "antique diamond brooch" serch requests. :twirl:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

And I'm drooling over your Padparasha ring, too! I haven't seen it yet - WOW! :love: :love: :love: Such a gorgeous collection of yummy jewels! :wavey:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you all! I'll try and write more personal responses, but it's fun to read the enthusiastic responses. It's nice of everyone to take the time!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Maisie|1337337682|3198273 said:
Umm.....you know that thing I was saying the other day about being set on getting another halo...... :loopy:

This actually made me chortle out loud this morning Maisie. Well, if you want our input in a 3 stone ring, we're happy to help! Lots of 3 stone projects going on around PS right now.... :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

onedrop|1337348273|3198351 said:
I had to come back and look at this wonderful piece again for my morning pick me up, and lo and behold there are even more pictures! Yaaay!! TGal, I haven't read every comment, so I am not sure if you've mentioned this already, but I am curious...what does TGuy think???

I love the fluoresence in the OEC, but seeing it in the sapphire is just totally unexpected and awesome!

Ha, doh! Should have made mention.

TGuy's reaction

"Wow, it's more delicate than I expected."

The reason why he said this is I called him when I got home from the jeweler and said a couple of things were different, mainly that they used claw prongs. Apparently he needs to stalk me on Pricescope more because he'd learn that "claw prongs" are very coveted around here. Instead he told me that he was relieved to see it looks great because he thought this "horrible massive claw prongs would cover half the diamond." Claw = monstrous to him. :lol: He really loved the ring...I could tell he was thrilled by it, actually.

Mom's Reaction

"Oh, TGal, so pretty! This is other diamond?"

"No, mom, you told me to sell that ring, remember?"

"Oh! This is pretty! I'm so glad!"

"Yes mom, in fact, these are old european cuts that I got from ebay and er...never mind, too hard to explain in Korean. Glad you like it."

Amelia's Reaction

Me: Amelia, do you want to see mom's pretty new ring? See, look!

Amelia: That's cool, mom.

Me: Are you 4, or 14? Gah!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

packrat|1337301576|3197867 said:
Holy cow Tgal that's gorgeous! :love: I love love love rounds in different shaped bezels. Love. Aaaaand I like it w/the dots going up the prongs too.

Um..and I did a really loud guffaw that you're turning 40..I always thought you were younger than I, so that kinda shocked me!

Ha, I know who's older than me around here (or have a general idea anyway!) and you weren't on that list! :rodent:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

miraclesrule|1337304907|3197940 said:
1. I forgot how much I missed TGal (omg, my autocorrect changed it to a capital G....rad) and her novels.
2. That is some serious finger coverage.
3. It is a spectacular bling machine of a ring!!!!

"Comparison is the root of all unhappiness" or so they say... I say don't look at any more pictures of the gold ring and just focus on the beautiful one-of-a-kind heirloom that has claimed your skinny a$$ finger to be it's home. It really is gorgeous and the craftsmanship is superb! Isnt it awesome that you are now getting so old that you can't see great claw prongs on your rings? :naughty:

Wanted to mention, your autocorrect IS rad, Miracles. :lol:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1337334209|3198247 said:
Hah, more pics :appl:

That perspective shot, that's the money shot :love: =) It has HUGE presence on your hand!! The 8 prongs on all stones solved the issue of how to keep them all looking round without a bezel, too...

:love: :love: :love:

Your Amelia ring is one of my all-time favourites, too, it really is. Neon fluor and all :bigsmile:

Thanks Yssie. I love that it's SO delicate, yet that is one of the things that makes it hard to wear since it goes out of round easily (the stones are still secure though). FORTUNATELY, I have this lovely NEW ring to wear which will keep my Amelia ring in good condition for her. :lol:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jennifer W|1337333233|3198241 said:
It's perfect, TGal. As you know, I've been following this journey, and I'm thrilled to see that you got your ring. It looks wonderful on your hand.

Congratulations too, on all the life events and milestones this beautiful ring represents to you and your family.

Thank you, my friend. I am sad that I won't be able to show it to you personally when I visit. I'll take consolation in the fact that I'll just go googly over your bling instead. :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

ame|1337347765|3198345 said:
I came back for more drooling. And it's pretty rad that Rhino chimed in!!! Woot!

I say leave it how it is. I see the difference in your two pics and the more I look the more I like yours better how it is.

Hey Ame, been meaning to say I LOVE your new av. You're a graphic artist, right? It's really cool.

Yes, I noticed Jonathan came by (Hi Jonathan! :wavey: ) Guess it is pretty rad since I don't often see him around these parts on rings that aren't sold by GOG (at least I don't think so).

I'm flattered you took the time to comment, Jonathan!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

:love: :love: :love: A masterpiece!!! :love: :love: :love:
THANKS for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock

What an awesome find and resetting! Your ring looks very lovely on your hand. Congrats and happy 40th!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock

Just gorgeous! Looks like an heirloom piece...love it. Happy almost 40th too! =)

D

Deactivated member 42515

Mmmmmmm! Mmmmm!! That high crown on your center stone is freaking mesmerizing!! And those delicate bezels! And those tiny prongs!

....I feel faint...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the octagon setting shape too! Ugh, I have such ring envy, between the padparadscha ring and this one...I just want to be you when I grow up! 8-)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade|1337359403|3198473 said:
Love the octagon setting shape too! Ugh, I have such ring envy, between the padparadscha ring and this one...I just want to be you when I grow up! 8-)

Really? I would have loved to have been you when I was younger (IIRC, you are in your 20's, right?) What I would have given to be educated about gems when I was in my 20s and be able to set some amazing projects like you have. I bought a lot of horrid, bad, mall jewelery. Which was all lost several years ago when I think my dad accidently hit the box into the trash. Sadder still, I don't miss most of it, with the exception of 2 pieces (my graduation ring, and my mom's engagement ring, which obviously isn't mall jewelry. ;( )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results