shape
carat
color
clarity

We bought a diamond...

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
audball,

That's beautiful! I had to laugh when I scrolled and scrolled and got to the empty ring box.

I hope you get to wear it soon! The $300 set you missed out on was nice, but this is much more special. I'm so glad you got it today.

liz

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so gorgeous Audball!!! I love that setting and the stone is just beautiful - it looks amazing on you, I hope you don't have to wait too long to wear it for good!

omc111

Rough_Rock
It's so beautiful and special. I've been really impressed with your belief, so to speak, in this diamond and your determination not to compromise on the setting. And it paid off. You've got something to treasure forever.

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!! It's soooo pretty! And it looks perfect on your finger Audball!

After your earlier posts, I was so sad I wasn't going to see pictures, but here I come to see lots! Let's hope you don't have to wait TOO long to wear it on your ring finger every day!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Aud..........

Its BEAUTIFUL! I am so excited for you! And I loved your little picture story, when I got to the empty ring box, I was thinking :errrr: :confused: what's going on....
It looks great on your finger, very flattering! Don't you want to forgo the plans and get engaged sooner???? :naughty: :appl: :love: :lol:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Well worth waiting for....it is gorgeous!!! Congrats!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your ring!!!!!! it turned out beautifully!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone!! I'm completely smitten. I did NOT want to take it off and put it back in it's box! ;(

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love! I've posted before asking about an OEC in that Sholdt and it's even nicer than I expected. It was pointed out that perhaps a modern cut would match the modern setting design best but...I think the clean bezel and lines really showcase the OEC faceting. Well done, quite beautiful.

Congratulations on your engagement!

audball

Ideal_Rock
CrisM|1337176512|3196492 said:
Love, love, love! I've posted before asking about an OEC in that Sholdt and it's even nicer than I expected. It was pointed out that perhaps a modern cut would match the modern setting design best but...I think the clean bezel and lines really showcase the OEC faceting. Well done, quite beautiful.

Congratulations on your engagement!
Thank you! I did get some :wink2: thoughts, but I LOVED this setting and I LOVED OECs. I think it came out beautifully. I ADORE the profile of this setting and I think it's even better with a super high crown of an OEC.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
It's GORGEOUS!!!

I've been totally MIA for a week catching up on work, but I just HAD to chime in and tell you how amazing it looks. Such a beautiful mix of sleek and modern, and old world elegance. It's got amazing personality without trying too hard. It also looks HUGE on your hand! I never would guess it's less than a carat!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Is anyone interested in creating a Sholdt thread? There are threads already for lovers of bezels, OECs, yellow gold, etc. There are a number of fans for this Sholdt - it would be delicious to have pictures, diamond stats and finger sizes all in one place!

audball

Ideal_Rock
petit_bijou|1337179865|3196521 said:
It's GORGEOUS!!!

I've been totally MIA for a week catching up on work, but I just HAD to chime in and tell you how amazing it looks. Such a beautiful mix of sleek and modern, and old world elegance. It's got amazing personality without trying too hard. It also looks HUGE on your hand! I never would guess it's less than a carat!

:appl: :appl: :appl:
Aww, thanks! I was really wanting a caratish, but this fit our budget well! I'm blushing with the compliments!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
CrisM|1337180398|3196527 said:
Is anyone interested in creating a Sholdt thread? There are threads already for lovers of bezels, OECs, yellow gold, etc. There are a number of fans for this Sholdt - it would be delicious to have pictures, diamond stats and finger sizes all in one place!
I would LOVE it! :)

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
In that case, I'll start a Sholdt thread in SMTB! Care to be the first contribution? Pics, handshots, fingers size, and stone stats?

audball

Ideal_Rock
I will post a teaser Chris! I'm not going to do a full fledged SMTB thread of it's own until we are officially engaged. But I'd be happy to participate (and ogle!).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks wonderful. Now, I demand :tongue: that you take the ring and camera by a window with natural lighting, or outside under a tree in the shade, and take some really good photos so I can get my FIX! These dark gloomy shots will just NOT do my dear!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, aud, I'm so so so thrilled for you!!! I love it!! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337184724|3196567 said:
It looks wonderful. Now, I demand :tongue: that you take the ring and camera by a window with natural lighting, or outside under a tree in the shade, and take some really good photos so I can get my FIX! These dark gloomy shots will just NOT do my dear!!!
OH believe me! This is not the last you'll see. We got home after sunset with it last night and today it's gray and running....no sun at all! I'll take some more as soon as I can and will do a video too.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks star sparkle!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I've been crazy busy: But I love the very teaser-y pics. Agreed that you need to take some in better lighting :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks maebelle! I'll post better ones as soon as the weather permits...FL is covered by rain today.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Audball, you're in FL?? :)) Where you at? lol

audball

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1337221984|3197071 said:
Audball, you're in FL?? :)) Where you at? lol
Yes ma'am I am! In the Tampa Bay area. You!?!?!!!

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
Sooooooo pretty!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is simply beautiful. For a long time that has been my favorite setting, but as an OEC fan I've never truly considered it. Every time it comes up on the boards, people seem to be discouraged from it because of the open setting and the super modern clean lines. I think you made an excellent choice and agree that they compliment each other beautifully.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sun-Shine!

And Rhea - thank you very much! I have always loved both this setting and OECs. I think they go together wonderfully and I doubt I'll ever truly upgrade this! The stone is just too special. I have no doubts I'll buy bigger ones in the future, but I don't think I'll ever part with this little ring.

audball

Ideal_Rock
And Dreamer! As requested, a few more shots I managed to get over lunch time today when I was at home for break. I also took a short video.

VIDEO HERE ---------------> Don't miss it! :naughty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP4t8KA_Xtw

P5160006.JPG

P5160007.JPG

P5170009.JPG

P5170016.JPG

audball

Ideal_Rock
Fire!!

P5170018.JPG

P5170019.JPG

P5170021.JPG

P5170024.JPG

audball