shape
carat
color
clarity

I Need Help in Resetting my wife's engagement ring!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got it. Big cluster halo 10 degree tilt. ;))

Mike R

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1337288404|3197580 said:

:mrgreen: that's just my best guess Gypsy, to be honest I don't measure that kind of stuff normally, I just file away the metal until it looks good :loopy:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mike R|1337288996|3197591 said:
Gypsy|1337288404|3197580 said:

:mrgreen: that's just my best guess Gypsy, to be honest I don't measure that kind of stuff normally, I just file away the metal until it looks good :loopy:

LOL. That's true. The handforged versus CAD thing is not an exact translation. Still it makes sense that it would be less tilt than the 20%.

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Yes, the halo diamonds are angled up to 20 degrees, between 15-20 degrees, actually. Oddly enough, the 10-11 pointers all are in the halo, smaller stones were not necessary after he titled the diamonds. I do not care for the flat look of non-angled halos, especially in this case.

The center of the ring will be near the wall height under the gallery (green part between blue) of the side stones and the stems moves 1 mm further apart, as you suggest. The side stones will be moved up a little, too.

The mold will hopefully be done by the middle of the week, with the finished product expected in the next 10 days.

I am going with a round, 5 stone 33 pointers for her right hand ring/new wedding band. She had an eternity band but I am able to trade that in toward the re-set and the 5 stone ring, which is nice.

The right hand ring she has no idea about, so that will be a fun surprise! :D

I'm glad you can laugh at the original design, I sure did...man was it ugly!!!!

rgh333

Rough_Rock
The ring arrived!

Here is a not so great photo of the engagement ring and the new 5 stone right hand ring. There is a diamond bracelet in the pic, as well.

photo-1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pic didn't show up, but I'd love to see the final!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see the picture...looks great for afar...but you know us pricescopers, we are going to need close up shots :bigsmile: ;))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! That's some finger coverage!

Ms Salvo is right. NEED CLOSE UP DETAIL SHOTS!

The pic is showing up now for me too.

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Here are a couple of more pictures, taken with my Iphone. I will take better ones and close-ups tomorrow as well as the underside of the ring, too!

side 1.jpg

Up close 1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely collection! :appl: The right hand 5 stone band was a wonderful surprise! I'll be interested to see more close ups of the halo ring!

(ha, Mike! I missed your joke on the other page! I will try to be more humble in the future! :lol: )

Mike R

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1338866655|3209402 said:
Very lovely collection! :appl: The right hand 5 stone band was a wonderful surprise! I'll be interested to see more close ups of the halo ring!

(ha, Mike! I missed your joke on the other page! I will try to be more humble in the future! :lol: )

Hi DS, I'm glad you had a laugh, I had wondered if maybe my Kiwi sense of humor had not translated well :D
You might also be happy to know I have been enjoying many fine Redvines while I'm in your fine country.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Wow rgh333, it looks fantastic, and huge! :love: I'll be checking back in for those promised close up shots!! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results