shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Bracelet - what length for small lady?

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
My wife's wrists are small and the normal TB length being 7 inches may be too long for her. I haven't measured her wrist circumference yet but generally what length for a small asian lady?

Also what do they do with the spare melees / unused metal? Can they make earrings for you? Do they charge extra? 'they' as in the usual PS vendors

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably would cost more to go custom than to just buy the 7 inch one and have it altered. I would think any jeweler would charge to reduce the size. The extra diamonds could certainly be used, but it would depend on how many there were in order to decide what to make with them.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
But what I'm asking is what people generally do in this situation - do they get to keep the extra melees, or is something made, or is there a price reduction?

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Usually there is no price reduction as the bracelet has to me customized. You may even be charged for the bracelet to be made smaller. Also the cost to have any removed links made into earrings etc would probably be more expensive than buying new earrings.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I usually don't post on RT, but thought I'd jump in as I'm a lady with small wrists....my suggestion is to order the stock 7" bracelet and then let your wife decide what length she'd like it. Some women like their bracelets tight and some prefer them to be pretty loose, and if she doesn't often wear bracelets it might take her a couple tries to find the length that she finds most comfortable.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
QueenB29|1337001018|3194809 said:
I usually don't post on RT, but thought I'd jump in as I'm a lady with small wrists....my suggestion is to order the stock 7" bracelet and then let your wife decide what length she'd like it. Some women like their bracelets tight and some prefer them to be pretty loose, and if she doesn't often wear bracelets it might take her a couple tries to find the length that she finds most comfortable.

good idea

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
You could buy it at Pricescope vendor and then go to a trusted neighborhood jeweler to shorten it.
then you would get to keep the extra diamonds.
You would have to make sure that the style is one that could be easily shortened--in fact you might check with the local jeweler beforehand as to what style this would be.
I doubt she would be happy with a standard 7 inch bracelet if it does not fit. A too-large bracelet is not only uncomfortable but also can literally slip off one's wrists and easily get lost. I am not Asian but I always have to get my watchbands and link bracelets shortened. Fortunately when I bought a diamond tennis bracelet (which I luckily found in a pawn shop), it had already been customized or shortened for a lady with smaller wrists and fit perfectly (which is partly why I bought it).
good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results