shape
carat
color
clarity

AJS spess prices

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
AJS has quite a few nice-looking Nigerian spessartite garnets. Does anyone know if there prices are pretty competitive for that material? They seem a little high to me?

TIA!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
What sizes are you looking at? I just took a quick peek at a ~4 carat and the price looked pretty good. I wish I could speak for experience, but I know that if I were going to check it out, as long as they had a rock solid (hee hee) return policy, I'd give 'em a go!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricing seems fair for the "sale" items. If shopping there, always look for a stone with a saturation level one step higher than you really want. This because AJS's photography seems to amp up the colour somewhat but it is consistent for all their stones.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy: I was looking at 2.5- 3.5 or so. Your new spess ring is fantastic, by the way!

Thanks Chrono-- I had heard that their pictures weren't fantastically true to life. I wish they have some side shots of the crown and pavilion too..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here with regards to the profile and pavilion shots. They used to do such requests and because of that, I was able to better determine the clarity level of the red spinel I purchased from AJS. I could clearly see a feather from the back (and it was a good sized one too) but it was not as obvious from the crown view. It also helps me spot any potential major cut issues.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results