shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Trader Spinel

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yeah a little. It's a warm pink. That will give it zing don't you think? It looks like a beautiful stone.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I would have bought it in a heartbeat and not batted an eye :))

Wonder who bought it ?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't :cry: I didn't make it in time, I think I need to let my mahenge spinel dream die...

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see orange and some purple in there too. I don't think I would pay that price for it but I still think it will be a beatiful stone. I have a very similiar color Mahenge that although not top color is very interesting and pretty to look at. Just curious do you know the depth of this stone? I am sure that the precision cut is adding to the price.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
erinl|1336612006|3191685 said:
I didn't :cry: I didn't make it in time, I think I need to let my mahenge spinel dream die...

You'll find one eventually.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Aren't they pretty much depleted? I think I came to the stone game a couple years too late..

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
erinl|1336615869|3191721 said:
Aren't they pretty much depleted? I think I came to the stone game a couple years too late..

I don't know much about the mining situation. But Swalagemtraders still seem to have them in hot pink ( or they did last time I looked). I bought mine from them. I think the stone in Chrono's pic might be from them too. They seem to pop on various vendor sites now and then.

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
erinl|1336615869|3191721 said:
Yes, nothing significant comes out of Tanzania lately.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Then I'm glad I got mine when I did. I searched through the Swala site to find the one I bought ( see below). It turned out to be a little lighter than their photo shows. All the spinels on that site kind of look the same. But it's a great stone, really bright and beautiful. If you love pink a mahenge spinel will be a great addition to your collection.

http://www.swalagemtraders.com/search-gems/detail.php?pid=2212&cPage=12&sort=&perpage=8&cat=&display1=1&display2=&display3=0&category=&variety=239&key=&match=&indicate=&reserve_type=&pagefrom=search

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IK: That stone is gorgeous and I love the shape. How long ago did you get yours?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think it was about two years ago. One of my favorite shapes too.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you! I love your stone! It is really beautiful. I wish I could wear pink/magenta! Have you mounted it? If so, can you point me to a thread here or do you have pictures?

TIA :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - how did I miss that? Spectacular ring. I hope you still love it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm not looking for a pink stone but when I saw that Mahenge last night, I thought it was going to go in minutes. Expensive but very pretty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That spinel is very beautiful and the precision cutting certainly makes it more attractive. I agree that I see both some orange and purple, but the saturation is certainly strong. Pricing is also up there but perhaps it is because such quality material is becoming increasingly difficult to find. I think Tan might still carry a few Mahenge spinels. Vance Gems and Jaimeen will certainly have some stock left. I purchased my pear spinel from Swala nearly 3 years ago IIRC.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1336628509|3191877 said:
Wow - how did I miss that? Spectacular ring. I hope you still love it.

Oh yes! I wear it often. Goes with everything.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results