carat
color
clarity

<3 setting, and an introduction

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Mico|1336699691|3192606 said:
!!!

The seller just posted her diamond on preloved. I'm kinda annoyed by her wording... "serious buyers" - rant over

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/gia-certif-excel-cut-rb-2-14-carat-diamond-for-sale-t175320.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/gia-certif-excel-cut-rb-2-14-carat-diamond-for-sale-t175320.html[/URL]

I'm just happy we got our diamond and ring for MUCH less than she wants for her diamond alone - with NO clouds, and a better cut... but and I and not a G with a .2mm difference. meh

Don't even think about it. Yours is gorgeous and truly close in size. PLUS...you saw it. IN PERSON!!! So no doubts!

Btw, really cute of FF to go along with your dad's tradition. Very respectful and indicates good things for their future relationships as FIL and SIL. :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK now I gotta ask. Your culture is from somewhere near the middle east/south asia. AMIRITE AMIRITE?

SO's Paki, and his family does this whole.. "meet up". One of the cousins got engaged from meeting HERE, but since the gal's family was still "at home", she flew back to be with her parents and family while they had a Skype meet-up for them all, posted on a projector.

It was funny.

ETA: I'm going to have to guess Indian, Irani, Pakistani, Afghani... the "closer to Asia" section. OOH I feel like I'm gambling! I pulled out a map!

ETA "2": Let me throw in Bengali as well.

ETA "3": No, I take out Bengali and Indian. :X

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, now I kinda wanna have fun with this. Yes to one of the above ;-)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mico|1336733118|3192836 said:

Oh gosh I'm having so much fun, I kept refreshing this darn screen even though I knew midnight for me was 3A for you!

"Yes to one of the above" can be no to everything I wrote, except "yes to taking out india and bangladesh", which means you are none of any. My brain hurts, is this a riddle? OR it could be "yes to first &/or second line, I am indian/bengali", which in that case, I got myself confuzzled by adding the 3rd line. OH. GOD.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1336748736|3193000 said:

Oh gosh I'm having so much fun, I kept refreshing this darn screen even though I knew midnight for me was 3A for you!

"Yes to one of the above" can be no to everything I wrote, except "yes to taking out india and bangladesh", which means you are none of any. My brain hurts, is this a riddle? OR it could be "yes to first &/or second line, I am indian/bengali", which in that case, I got myself confuzzled by adding the 3rd line. OH. GOD.

:lol: :lol:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1336748736|3193000 said:

another hint,
I did not take the screen name "Almas" as it hit too close to home

take care with the wording on that one :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hmm....your riddle indicates Arabic?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:( Ok. I'm certain it's not Bengali or Indian.

Or Pakistan. NONE of SO's families have the same first letter in their names..

The rest is up in the air! Iran or Afghanistan! I narrowed em :) So proud of myself.

Whatever. ****ing beautiful women.

Do you speak/write Arabic?

SO was immersed in Arabic as a kid, but didn't speak it at home. By the time he came to the US, he forgot it all ;( He can still read, but he has no clue wth he's reading! HAH! We actually have to hire a "professional" translator and calligrapher when we get married (I *DO NOT* want it botched up by a family member who thinks they know correct Arabic!). I'm getting his name in Arabic on my foot! Screw those henna tattoo sessions, I WANT A REALZ ONE.

ETA: This totally makes sense! I remember you making a post about your parents thinking diamonds are an extravagance. That region's all about the YG. And it'll be a very long time before they "Westernize" the diamond tradition, me thinks. It's only the younger generation who moved away to "Western" nations that catch on ;;-) and I can "like" your no dating before engagement BS. -_____-. I'm still SO's "friend". And I still don't attend their family functions. Not that I like their food anyway, but I always feel left out :( especially during engagement parties or wedding parties. It was already such a HUGE deal that SO brought me around to introduce me to his parents. He and his brother never let them know that they had GFs (and his brother has had one for 5+ years!! :-o) His immediate family members know we're bf/gf, and his mother knows he intends to marry me. Everyone else pretty much doesn't know I exist or thinks I'm just a friend! I get so irked when family members suggest he gets an arranged marriage at family functions! I'm like, HELLLOOOOOOO, I'm right here but I can't say anything!!!! So now I'm triple-y as excited that you're getting a honking 2 carat! I'm so scared that SO's mom will think it's "ridiculous", since they don't do the diamond thing in their culture.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1336757481|3193148 said:
:( Ok. I'm certain it's not Bengali or Indian.

Or Pakistan. NONE of SO's families have the same first letter in their names..

The rest is up in the air! Iran or Afghanistan! I narrowed em :) So proud of myself.

Whatever. ****ing beautiful women.

Do you speak/write Arabic?

SO was immersed in Arabic as a kid, but didn't speak it at home. By the time he came to the US, he forgot it all ;( He can still read, but he has no clue wth he's reading! HAH! We actually have to hire a "professional" translator and calligrapher when we get married (I *DO NOT* want it botched up by a family member who thinks they know correct Arabic!). I'm getting his name in Arabic on my foot! Screw those henna tattoo sessions, I WANT A REALZ ONE.

ETA: This totally makes sense! I remember you making a post about your parents thinking diamonds are an extravagance. That region's all about the YG. And it'll be a very long time before they "Westernize" the diamond tradition, me thinks. It's only the younger generation who moved away to "Western" nations that catch on ;;-) and I can "like" your no dating before engagement BS. -_____-. I'm still SO's "friend". And I still don't attend their family functions. Not that I like their food anyway, but I always feel left out :( especially during engagement parties or wedding parties. It was already such a HUGE deal that SO brought me around to introduce me to his parents. He and his brother never let them know that they had GFs (and his brother has had one for 5+ years!! :-o) His immediate family members know we're bf/gf, and his mother knows he intends to marry me. Everyone else pretty much doesn't know I exist or thinks I'm just a friend! I get so irked when family members suggest he gets an arranged marriage at family functions! I'm like, HELLLOOOOOOO, I'm right here but I can't say anything!!!! So now I'm triple-y as excited that you're getting a honking 2 carat! I'm so scared that SO's mom will think it's "ridiculous", since they don't do the diamond thing in their culture.

:) bravo! No arabic here, absolutely no arabic ancestry in my blood - we're entirely our own subset. It's odd when you look at the anthropology of that region of the world, it's an area where 3 different lineages merge together and have culturally similar features. Especially with the millions of wars and etc. Farsi looks like arabic, but it's not.

Our weddings are different than our eastern and western neighbors. No henna for me. It's centered around sweetness. The whole mentality behind it is beautiful and I'd like to keep my wedding as traditional as possible. FF is totally on board with it, which is AMAZING. He doesn't mind not having a church wedding.

It was a huuuuuuuge deal when I brought SO home for our new year back in march. Everyone calls me his wife when then speak to them because they technically know what it means. My dad always just giggles and calls him "the potential." I like seeing my parents so happy with the person I'm with. They're now inviting him to events which is SO ODD for me to come to terms with (as someone who never let on when she ever had a boyfriend.) However, there is a disclaimer. Now that he's public, he's not subject to some of the same rules we are - which he doesn't like to much. Namely the calling of elders in the new year, or other tiny things that I take for granted that I never realized were second nature to me. It's hard because I've been so use to living 2 lives that having him incorporated into my more cultural side is... more difficult than I expected. I didn't realize how separate I made the two.

Finally :lol: at your thinking MY family thought the diamond was extravagant! HIS family does!!! Mine expects the biggest and best for their daughters. It's pretty awesome how highly they regard their children in my culture, for some reason eastern cultures focus on having boys, but not ours. Having girls is maybe more exciting - the women love it. My parents even offered him some money to increase his budget and he adamantly refused. I like that. This is ours - and it's more than we could ask for at this time.

anyhoo, you've outed me ;-) congratulations

audball

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that's wonderful Mico!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mico|1336762306|3193232 said:
:) bravo! No arabic here, absolutely no arabic ancestry in my blood - we're entirely our own subset. It's odd when you look at the anthropology of that region of the world, it's an area where 3 different lineages merge together and have culturally similar features. Especially with the millions of wars and etc. Farsi looks like arabic, but it's not.

Our weddings are different than our eastern and western neighbors. No henna for me. It's centered around sweetness. The whole mentality behind it is beautiful and I'd like to keep my wedding as traditional as possible. FF is totally on board with it, which is AMAZING. He doesn't mind not having a church wedding.

It was a huuuuuuuge deal when I brought SO home for our new year back in march. Everyone calls me his wife when then speak to them because they technically know what it means. My dad always just giggles and calls him "the potential." I like seeing my parents so happy with the person I'm with. They're now inviting him to events which is SO ODD for me to come to terms with (as someone who never let on when she ever had a boyfriend.) However, there is a disclaimer. Now that he's public, he's not subject to some of the same rules we are - which he doesn't like to much. Namely the calling of elders in the new year, or other tiny things that I take for granted that I never realized were second nature to me. It's hard because I've been so use to living 2 lives that having him incorporated into my more cultural side is... more difficult than I expected. I didn't realize how separate I made the two.

Finally :lol: at your thinking MY family thought the diamond was extravagant! HIS family does!!! Mine expects the biggest and best for their daughters. It's pretty awesome how highly they regard their children in my culture, for some reason eastern cultures focus on having boys, but not ours. Having girls is maybe more exciting - the women love it. My parents even offered him some money to increase his budget and he adamantly refused. I like that. This is ours - and it's more than we could ask for at this time.

anyhoo, you've outed me ;-) congratulations

Luckyyyyy (on the family accepting and inviting your SO-front). I already call SO's family every Eid. Well, his mom anyway :razz: So I wouldn't mind that extra "burden". I make SO call my grandma on Chinese New Years, so it's all fair :razz: That's so cute that they're so excited for you two. I hope I get embraced as easily when the "announcement" comes up!

Are you planning on having kids?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Any update on the ring Mico?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
madelise said:
Luckyyyyy (on the family accepting and inviting your SO-front). I already call SO's family every Eid. Well, his mom anyway :razz: So I wouldn't mind that extra "burden". I make SO call my grandma on Chinese New Years, so it's all fair :razz: That's so cute that they're so excited for you two. I hope I get embraced as easily when the "announcement" comes up!

Cute!!! Good job on the calling front - we had our first and only fight over that. It was odd fighting with an adult... I thought all men behaved like children.

Yes to kids, he wants 2, i'm ok with 2-5 as in, if its my 5th pregnancy - he's getting HIS tubes tied or using protection. He has also been warned that he needs to aim well - If one of our kids doesn't have his beautiful blue eye brown hair combo imma keeeep on goin! Blue eyed babies here i come! (jk jk jk)

audball said:
Yekutiel told me 2 weeks... I kinda wanna call him monday and see if it'll be ready by thurs. I have this coming week off and wouldn't mind stopping by if we could see it. Then FF can have the go-ahead to get it and it'll be out of my sight.

funny story - my dad calls me on gtalk and asks if it's ok to call FF... I ask why, and he gets... weird :shock:
FF won't tell me what they talked about, and my dad pretends he never called
:shock:
...what's going on heeeeeere

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mico|1336785402|3193536 said:
madelise said:

Cute!!! Good job on the calling front - we had our first and only fight over that. It was odd fighting with an adult... I thought all men behaved like children.

Yes to kids, he wants 2, i'm ok with 2-5 as in, if its my 5th pregnancy - he's getting HIS tubes tied or using protection. He has also been warned that he needs to aim well - If one of our kids doesn't have his beautiful blue eye brown hair combo imma keeeep on goin! Blue eyed babies here i come! (jk jk jk)

audball said:
Yekutiel told me 2 weeks... I kinda wanna call him monday and see if it'll be ready by thurs. I have this coming week off and wouldn't mind stopping by if we could see it. Then FF can have the go-ahead to get it and it'll be out of my sight.

funny story - my dad calls me on gtalk and asks if it's ok to call FF... I ask why, and he gets... weird :shock:
FF won't tell me what they talked about, and my dad pretends he never called
:shock:
...what's going on heeeeeere

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ohmygosh, you gave me a good laugh. I totally get what you mean about the eyes, though! I'm hoping that our kids have SO's lighter brown eyes :) not my dark warm(reddish)-brown ones. it's SO not a good look when you want to be a redhead. My eyes were the same color as my hair at one point or another! :errrr: But I won't try 5 times, lol. I'm giving up on the 2nd.. maybe 3rd. It's more that I want 1 boy and 1 girl.

Hmmmmmmm. Your dad and SO keeping secrets from you.... how very suspicious!! I wonder what they talked about! :naughty: :naughty:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is in Finland. Due to the trouble most people have, even with eBay as a protection layer, with overseas purchases, I'd have to vote no.

Besides, it's not sizable. You want to be able to size your WB for the future.. all 5 kiddies! LOL

ETA: if you want to go with a cheaper band, see Lord of the Pearls on Ebay.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/logr-thin-diamond-stacking-band.174977/

I emailed em for a price quote for my much larger fingers, + an upgrade to VS quality diamonds, and they were still under $300 each. They're so delicate and very low priced.. =) I haven't ordered *yet* because we still want to figure out wth we're going to do with my e-ring.. but it's a good option for WB or for stacking.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
:(

bah - there's no other safe guards?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding the out-of-country thing? You can ask the seller what measurements can be made to ensure it arrives, and what types of insurance they can put on it for the travel between the two countries?

I just don't think it's THAT much cheaper (for something non-branded) to go through anything that might possibly go wrong. I see she mentions she has eBay feedback.. but her eBay does not have any seller feedback at all. They're all for purchases.

If you really want it, maybe you can have her list it on eBay for you to purchase through, so just in case of anything, you've got Paypal AND eBay behind you?

PS, sorry to kill your "odd rings" thread. :( I swear, it's always those lurkers that don't post at all that get their panties all up in a bunch over anything and everything. Anything can be taken offensively nowadays. ANYTHING. -_______-.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I agree with madelise. Being able to size my future wedding band down the road (when, and likely if, needed) is important to me. I'd pass.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1336973458|3194696 said:
Regarding the out-of-country thing? You can ask the seller what measurements can be made to ensure it arrives, and what types of insurance they can put on it for the travel between the two countries?

I just don't think it's THAT much cheaper (for something non-branded) to go through anything that might possibly go wrong. I see she mentions she has eBay feedback.. but her eBay does not have any seller feedback at all. They're all for purchases.

If you really want it, maybe you can have her list it on eBay for you to purchase through, so just in case of anything, you've got Paypal AND eBay behind you?

She said she bought from amcordesigns a year ago, it was custom made? - and my searches for a knife edge pave band are bringing up things in the thousands. She said she would add insurance if i put an extra 40 bucks - but now i'm a bit leery with your responses.

madelise said:
PS, sorry to kill your "odd rings" thread. :( I swear, it's always those lurkers that don't post at all that get their panties all up in a bunch over anything and everything. Anything can be taken offensively nowadays. ANYTHING. -_______-.

S'ok, i logged on last night and saw ella's moderation - so I might have missed a lot of the hoopla. The internet has a way of changing the tone to the way you want to hear it. I've seen other threads where people read things differently than I do, so I just keep my mouth shut and allow the steam to fizzle.

audball said:
I agree with madelise. Being able to size my future wedding band down the road (when, and likely if, needed) is important to me. I'd pass.

I was thinking of a full eternity channel set as well, so the sizing thing isn't going to kill me. I'm kinda debating on matching bands now too, though.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...tough one. If it's what you want, than for the price it may be worth it.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do go with it, make sure you:

- agree on a "return policy" with a reasonable amount of days so that you can get it to a jeweler to check the setting for damages and to authenticate it.
- get insurance for it's travel in Finland and also in the US.
- use Paypal or eBay and Paypal as a means of buyer protection.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
bah, too much hassle. there's no need for me to get it now, i'm gonna pass. I need to try some of these suckers on... later.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
I think you should wait until you get the e-ring, then you can try on all different styles. You might not like what you THINK you will like with it......

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1337097537|3195667 said:
I think you should wait until you get the e-ring, then you can try on all different styles. You might not like what you THINK you will like with it......
EXACTLY the advice I was going to give. Besides....just another excuse to go BROWSING! :Up_to_something:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :Up_to_something:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hahah. It should be part of the wedding fun. I have already been trying to figure out what I want in a wedding band, but I also want some time to go try things on and see what I think/feel. I don't want to do that until that ring is permanently on my finger either!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1337175007|3196473 said:
Hahah. It should be part of the wedding fun. I have already been trying to figure out what I want in a wedding band, but I also want some time to go try things on and see what I think/feel. I don't want to do that until that ring is permanently on my finger either!

agreed

so i've decided to spend my OCD reading this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/can-you-use-an-ultrasonic-cleaner-to-often.34606/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/can-you-use-an-ultrasonic-cleaner-to-often.34606/page-2[/URL]

thoughts?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...interesting. I'll have to read through it when I get a minute! I'd love to have an ultrasonic!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I'm getting too addicted. Just got my new macro/wide lens for my phone!!!

woohoo.gif

SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED TO USE IT!!!

i want my sparkly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results