shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's here! Art Deco Bev K ring - Princess of Hearts from GOG

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Tadaaaaa! My ring! I've been impatiently waiting while my ring was custom made by Beverley K and sent to GOG (standard 4 weeks - I couldn't WAIT to get it)! :) I loved the style of ring I picked, and added my own little bits of flair - plus the diamond was very pretty when I saw it loose. However, I was NOT prepared for opening the box this morning outside Fedex and being BLOWN away! :appl: :love: :love:

I posted on here worried that the diamond didn't show much scintillation at first - a combo of bad office lighting and what I now think was the huge ring holder prongs on a smaller diamond hiding it's true beauty. This thing sparkles everywhere, I can't take my eyes off of it! It's stunning - I keep getting compliments and our head of HR is going to talk to me about a reset of her diamond! I don't think I'll get much work done the rest of the day while starting at it!

And it's HUGE - it's a .88 5.5 mm x 5.48 mm E I1 and it looks GINORMOUS! It's not just the halo, it's also the beautiful high polished bezel. Looking directly at the diamond, it just seems like it has a larger surface area than it did in the ring holder.

Thank you to Pricescope for all the education and helpful members - I've been researching for a while and appreciated all the information in threads. Especially the different options present to find a gorgeous ring on a budget. I hadn't heard of GOG or Beverley K prior to PS, and was able to achieve a ring that looks like a million bucks on a budget! For those researching options, the setting was $1590 ($1390 without modifications like I made) and the diamond was on sale (spring sale!) for $2670 with wire transfer.

Here is my thread outlining my research process and visits to multiple jewelers:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-los-angeles-local-and-online-reviews.174086/

The picture do NOT do it justice, it is gorgeous. Beautiful quality! They really matched the proportions of the halo to the shape of the Princess of Hearts and the bezels I added enhance the halo very subtly.

GOG has been great - very accommodating and friendly. I'm so happy Marie could have Bev K make the changes, and make it so easy for me! I highly recommend them! I couldn't see me ordering a ring online, although I could see the benefits of ordering the diamond online - but after doing enough research and field trips and seeing Bev K quality in person I was confident that ordering from GOG was the right thing. After receiving the ring, I can confidently advise those researching their own rings to order a Bev K sight unseen (understanding that the scale of the ring is MUCH more delicate than in the chunky pictures! Even GOG's pics that I'm posting, while beautiful, don't do justice to this gorgeous ring!).

The ring is beautifully made, and is as delicate as the 1910 ring I tried on at Wanna Buy a Watch, and BETTER quality than some of the rings I saw at top LA jewelers. A similar ring locally would have easily cost $9000 and up, and would certainly have NOT had a diamond the quality of my Princess of Hearts. I can't even see my I1 inclusion now that it's set and the setting seems to enhance the performance of the diamond. Those ring holders really don't do diamonds under 1 carat justice! :)

And now for the pics! :)

The diamond
The setting ring_modified.jpg

Together at last!

pic1.jpg

ring-front.jpg

ring-side-right.jpg

ring-side.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Re: It's here! Art Deco Bev K ring - Princess of Hearts from

photo 4(2).JPG

photo 1(3).JPG

photo 2(3).JPG

photo 3(1).JPG

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

I apologize for the pic quality - I have to dig out my SLR, I excitedly took these outside Fedex in the overcast LA morning light! :)

photo 5(1).JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: :love: :love:

BLINGALICIOUSNESS!!!

.....faint.....

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow.... So beautiful!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

It is really spectacular. This is a great example of how a great ring is not only the center stone, but the whole package. The mount just ups the ante so much!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Webdiva I'm so happy for you! I know that you have taken a lot of time and done a lot of research to find exactly what you wanted and within your budget and I got to say...you did an incredible job!! :love: :love: It goes to show how hard work and a bit of patience can really pay off big time! Congratulations, I'm thrilled for you! :appl:

starrynight

Shiny_Rock

gorgeous ring and gorgeous diamond!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! :love: :appl: I love Beverley K and what a great price that customized setting was!!! :appl:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock

It's beautiful! Congratulations! :appl:

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

Its beautiful!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

It's stunning! I really like the setting you chose for that perfect diamond. :appl:

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

mmm MMM I love that!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

W :love: W!!!
More pictures please!!!!

:wavey:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you so much, everyone! I'll post more pics after I get home and dig out my camera - the iphone doesn't do this ring justice! Thank you for the compliments - especially coming from pricescopers who really truly appreciate the amount of searching and decisions that make a ring happen, especially on a budget! :wavey:

Here's one more with my temp bands - now I need to go try on eternity bands that will fit with the ring! :) I was going to do an IDJ uprong but I need to see the ring with different bands. I know IDJ will customize the height of the bands, so that's good.

ring6.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

That turned out beautifully!!! Congrats! So very pretty!

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! That is one of the most beautifully unique rings that I've seen in a while. Took my breath away. Congratulations!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's exactly what you ordered (always a worry) and all the elements you wanted really make it a KNOCK OUT! It looks amazing on your hand. WOW hello COVERAGE.

I gotta tell you I love it so much I want to scour the net for a diamond I can afford just so I can have something similar (though not exactly, because that is your special ring). That said... since you have posted this gorgeous ring on here please please please understand that sometimes imitation is the highest form of flattery and if you don't want anyone to ever post a ring that is like yours-- ask the moderators delete all your threads about this. Personally, as long as no one in my life has the same ring, doesn't bother me if strangers on PS get even the exact ring I have, but to quote kenny "people vary" so if you care about that, don't leave your pics up!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Your ring is STUNNING!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy|1336696296|3192563 said:
OMG THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's exactly what you ordered (always a worry) and all the elements you wanted really make it a KNOCK OUT! It looks amazing on your hand. WOW hello COVERAGE.

I gotta tell you I love it so much I want to scour the net for a diamond I can afford just so I can have something similar (though not exactly, because that is your special ring). That said... since you have posted this gorgeous ring on here please please please understand that sometimes imitation is the highest form of flattery and if you don't want anyone to ever post a ring that is like yours-- ask the moderators delete all your threads about this. Personally, as long as no one in my life has the same ring, doesn't bother me if strangers on PS get even the exact ring I have, but to quote kenny "people vary" so if you care about that, don't leave your pics up!

Ha! No problem if you order the exact same one! I'd be flattered! I did see that post on the antique ring from SS that upset the original poster, so I understand what you mean! :) I love Beverley K's so much, I'm glad I don't have extra money lying around to buy more and set some gem stones! ;-) That East West set yellow sapphire in the Bev K is yummy! I'll have to do an SLR photoshoot because none of those pictures show how beautiful the ring is! Kenny! Do you live near me? I'm comin' over! ;-)

And yes - I was sooo happy that it's exactly what I ordered! I opened the box holding my breath! :) I was also freaked out by some threads I read recently that bezeled diamonds look less sparkly and I can now say that they don't! I'm also glad I didn't cave and get an RB to set into this ring since the original has one and the WBAW Bev K had a super sparkly one - my POH just came alive in this ring! My heart really wanted a square or cut cornered square!

You're right, serious finger coverage! I could swear GOG gave it steroids after I sent it back! I'll be strutting my stuff into a Bev Hills Tiffany & Co to try on bands. :naughty

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, everyone! I'm so glad I can share it with y'all! That makes it even more fun! :appl: <clapping hands with glee>

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

Webdiva, your ring turned out beautifully!! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That ring is stunning!!! :love: :love: :love: You did an amazing job! :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't get over the finger coverage, too! What is your ring size, by the way? :wavey:

I would have thought that you paid at least double what you did for that beauty! :cheeky: I'm very very impressed!~ :sun:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

PintoBean|1336699329|3192600 said:
That ring is stunning!!! :love: :love: :love: You did an amazing job! :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't get over the finger coverage, too! What is your ring size, by the way? :wavey:

I would have thought that you paid at least double what you did for that beauty! :cheeky: I'm very very impressed!~ :sun:

Thank you! :) I realized I forgot to add my finger size - it's a 5.5, which is on the average finger size but I feel my fingers look big because they're short. I really wanted nice finger coverage to compensate! ;-) The bezel, the airline and the halo all conspire to make this thing huge! It's very delicate in person, though - so it doesn't look gaudy and heavy. Yay!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow! A totally unique and stunning ring. It really did turn out fabulously!! :love:

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

What an intricate and unique ring!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Spectacular ring!! You'll never have shrinkage with that beauty! :naughty:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

Your ring is beautiful, webdiva! :appl: I absolutely adore the porportion - I think the center stone is the perfect size for this setting. Can you show me what yellow sapphire ring you're talking about?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results