carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise - SALE

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1336520887|3190547 said:
Awesome, blacksand! Such exciting news. Hope everything pleases you and that the rest of the wedding preparations are as smooth as I trust this order will be.

I picked up an 18" strand of 8-9 mm AA+ freshwater white pearls for a project I am working on. I was pretty sure that even if these aren't the best of the best, they would be both less expensive and prettier than the strand my jeweler was showing me. Since everything was on sale, I also picked up a 14k white gold clasp for the project. The pearls just arrived this evening, and they are lovely. I asked for silvery overtones, and I am quite pleased. These are very nice pearls.

It's a lovely strand, Fly Girl! Thanks for the pics - always great to see a neck shot. What will you be changing it into for your project?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1336668612|3192162 said:
I picked up an 18" strand of 8-9 mm AA+ freshwater white pearls for a project I am working on.

It's a lovely strand, Fly Girl! Thanks for the pics - always great to see a neck shot. What will you be changing it into for your project?
Thank you, baby monster. The plan is to hang the large blue topaz, shown in the middle of page 1 of this thread, from the pearls. In addition, I want to hang a baroque pearl from the bottom of the blue topaz. I have a long baroque, silvery white Tahitian on its way to me from Sarah at Kojimapearls right now. Soon I'll have all the parts for this project, and will have some idea if this is going to work, or not. :twirl:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
blacksand|1336498542|3190205 said:
Oh my. I have never ordered from PP before (not to mention, I only have one strand of pearls to my name so far), but guess what happens when there is a 20% discount? I just placed the mother of all orders. I now have butterflies just thinking about it!

I ordered seven AAA freshwater bracelets: one for my mom, and one for each of my six bridesmaids in my upcoming wedding. I also have five teenage cousins who will be helping out at the wedding, so I got five pairs of earrings. AA+ freshwaters, maybe not the greatest, but hopefully still nice. I can't quite afford hanadamas for everyone, sadly. I also ordered my own wedding jewelry: freshadama and diamond dangles for the wedding day (I already have a necklace to wear), and a strand of the metallic freshies with matching stud earrings for the rehearsal dinner. I had to use serious restraint to stop there. I am dying for some blue akoyas, but I think 15 items is quite enough for one pearl order!

I am so excited and nervous for my order! I really hope all my bridesmaids and cousins will like their pearls. And I can't wait for my metallics! I have been ogling them basically forever. I am so grateful to all of you for posting here, or I would never have known about PP, much less the discount code. I cannot wait!

thats some shopping spree! please come back and share pics of your bumper order
:)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl, those are quite lovely, I'm so happy to see that even AA+ pearl from PP are so much nicer than the junk I see at most brick and mortar stores. I'm especially pleased since the earrings I ordered for my cousins are AA+...I hope they will be as nice as yours! Can't wait to see your finished project.

I am obsessively tracking my shipment even as we speak. I can't wait. Although now I am thinking that, since I bought a bracelet for each of my bridesmaids and a matching one for my mom, I really should have bought one for myself, too, so we could all match. Hmmm....

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1336668417|3192156 said:
Thank you everyone for your thoughts on my tahitian strand :wavey: . It's definitely a wow strand for me. I am sending it back to PP to change the clasp and possibly extend the length which would depend on availability of matching pearls.

glad to hear it....i think in 10-20 years you'll be glad you did.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1336688204|3192476 said:
baby monster|1336668612|3192162 said:
I picked up an 18" strand of 8-9 mm AA+ freshwater white pearls for a project I am working on.

Thank you, baby monster. The plan is to hang the large blue topaz, shown in the middle of page 1 of this thread, from the pearls. In addition, I want to hang a baroque pearl from the bottom of the blue topaz. I have a long baroque, silvery white Tahitian on its way to me from Sarah at Kojimapearls right now. Soon I'll have all the parts for this project, and will have some idea if this is going to work, or not. :twirl:
The baroque pearl from Sarah arrived today, and I think I have a winner. It is slightly greyer, but goes beautifully with the Pearl Paradise strand.

I'll be taking all the parts into the jeweler next week and see if we can't get this project moving along. :))

Pearls_2587.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
blacksand|1336749113|3193011 said:
Fly Girl, those are quite lovely, I'm so happy to see that even AA+ pearl from PP are so much nicer than the junk I see at most brick and mortar stores. I'm especially pleased since the earrings I ordered for my cousins are AA+...I hope they will be as nice as yours! Can't wait to see your finished project.

I am obsessively tracking my shipment even as we speak. I can't wait. Although now I am thinking that, since I bought a bracelet for each of my bridesmaids and a matching one for my mom, I really should have bought one for myself, too, so we could all match. Hmmm....

How exciting for you. Please come and show us the pearls after they arrive, and I hope that you are thrilled with your purchase.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Hilariously enough, my fiance asked me today if we could give his mother a pearl bracelet for Mother's Day, too, since we're giving one to my mom. So back online I went to order an eighth bracelet. This, of course, gave me the perfect excuse to order a bracelet for myself, since obviously it would be wrong for the bride to be left out of all this matching bracelet fun, right? So yeah... one for me, too. I actually wanted to cheat a little and get a 7.5-8 freshadama bracelet for myself, by they sold out (curses!). So I got a 6.5-7 freshadama, with a yellow gold clasp (because I love yellow gold), and all of the girls and our mothers will have the same size AAA freshwaters, with white gold clasps (because I know that's what most of them like). I'm curious to see how different the freshadamas will be from the AAAs. I'm not sure if it was worth the price difference for such a small bracelet, but I guess I'll find out.

I can't believe I ordered NINE bracelets (seven pairs of earrings, one metallic necklace, and a partridge in a pear tree).

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blacksand|1336789133|3193571 said:
Hilariously enough, my fiance asked me today if we could give his mother a pearl bracelet for Mother's Day, too, since we're giving one to my mom. So back online I went to order an eighth bracelet. This, of course, gave me the perfect excuse to order a bracelet for myself, since obviously it would be wrong for the bride to be left out of all this matching bracelet fun, right? So yeah... one for me, too. I actually wanted to cheat a little and get a 7.5-8 freshadama bracelet for myself, by they sold out (curses!). So I got a 6.5-7 freshadama, with a yellow gold clasp (because I love yellow gold), and all of the girls and our mothers will have the same size AAA freshwaters, with white gold clasps (because I know that's what most of them like). I'm curious to see how different the freshadamas will be from the AAAs. I'm not sure if it was worth the price difference for such a small bracelet, but I guess I'll find out.

I can't believe I ordered NINE bracelets (seven pairs of earrings, one metallic necklace, and a partridge in a pear tree).

You are on a roll! ;)) I'm dying to see pics of all the goodies you got :bigsmile:

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I'm behind on my pearl posts!

Flygirl - love the new PP strand. Very lovely. It looks like it is a perfect match to your pearl from Kojima! I can't wait to see what creation you come up with! At least if I ever bump into you in Mpls I'll know it's you by your lovely pearls!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1337243777|3197199 said:
These are Ss pearls from th sale, do they have good luster? Should I keep them?
Size of earrings is approx. 11.8mm, reference for babymonster.

Thanks for the pics, Lovinggems :wavey:. The earrings seem to be a good size for your ears. I see from the other thread that you're not happy about the quality though. The surface of the pendant does look smoother than the earrings. Is that the reason? I think the pictures are in full sun though so it's hard to judge the color and luster. I try to take pics with good light but in the shade since that seems to produce pics closer to real life.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1338224071|3205093 said:
Lovinggems|1337243777|3197199 said:
These are Ss pearls from th sale, do they have good luster? Should I keep them?
Size of earrings is approx. 11.8mm, reference for babymonster.

Thanks for the pics, Lovinggems :wavey:. The earrings seem to be a good size for your ears. I see from the other thread that you're not happy about the quality though. The surface of the pendant does look smoother than the earrings. Is that the reason? I think the pictures are in full sun though so it's hard to judge the color and luster. I try to take pics with good light but in the shade since that seems to produce pics closer to real life.

I asked for the posts to be deleted, will retake photo, but really thinking about swapping one of the pearls if possible. Thanks for your honesty!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
It is an amazing looking necklace and earrings. I like it a lot!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
blacksand|1336789133|3193571 said:

Can you post pictures of it? It would be interesting to see all of them together? Especially the difference between freshadama and fwp.

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Necklaces and earrings posted here subvert my constant opinions on pearls, all of them them have their unique charm definitely! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results