shape
carat
color
clarity

U prong eternity wearers, please help!!

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
I have been wanting to get a u prong eternity made as my engagement ring (platinum, individual prong, 55 pointers) So I would wear it every day.
I will be going with a popular price scope vendor to get it made, but when I went into a local jewellery designer for price comparison... He claims it is a " problem" ring design where stones constantly come loose & need to be repaired- especially if I wear it every day. :(

Has anyone had this problem with their u-ternity??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would discuss it with the vendor you are planning on purchasing from. I am actually considering getting a U-Prong eternity myself from Pearlmans. Bill's wife actually wears the style I'm considering and hasn't had any problems with it at all. Of course, no matter who the make you'll need to be careful with it since the diamonds will be all the way around. I wouldn't work-out for example with it on. And are you sure you want .55 stones? That will be huge and many ladies find that once you go over a certain size that the rings are uncomfortable between the fingers. With stone's that large you might consider just doing a five stone.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

alang

Rough_Rock
I can't speak to U pronged eternity bands, but I had a 4.26 carat shared prong eternity band made in Dec. I took it back twice due to loose stones within the first 3 weeks. I had the jeweller remake it into a Novo style setting eternity band, and it is much more secure. The corners of the diamonds are protected as well. And it actually sits very low on the hand so doesn't get knocked about as easily as a shared prong.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results