shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 5.58 ct Blue Sapphire (Gemsthailand)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
BEST.THREAD.EVER!!!

Congratulations Justin! And thank you so much for the most amazing, heartwarming, educational thread that I have seen in a very long time.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread makes me smile. Thank you so much Justin for sharing this with us.

Congratulations on your beautiful ring, your beautiful bride and for a beautiful future together.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, how terrifying! So glad you two are okay.

Happy honeymoon!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
This is THE. BEST. THREAD. EVER.

So wonderful to see your story unfold over the 8 pages of this thread. The sapphire, the ring, and the both of you as a couple are just gorgeous. Your patience, determination, enthusiasm and all round love for your new wife is just oozing from your posts. I wish the both you of a life time of happiness and I really hope you come back with some wedding photos when you get the chance! :bigsmile:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring,photos and couple, congratulations.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
PursuitOfBling Yes both of my first two stones came with a AIGS report claiming to be unheated. It was very stressful at the time but I am actually glad it didn't work out. If it had I never would have purchased the 5.58ct Sapphire I currently have. :bigsmile: I strongly doubt that the stones were heated after the report was given. Most sapphires are heated in the rough form before cutting. I guess its possible but I wouldn't bet on it. Seriously that wreck had us really shaken up. Thank you again!

miraclesrule Wow! Thank you, and I am so glad you enjoyed it! :))

TL No problem, I am happy to share! Thank you!

Laila619 Thank you! Yes we are good. Very Thankful!

hawaiianorangetree You made me smile! Thank you, that was very kind. Many blessings to you as well.

Lovinggems Thank you very much!

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE:

So my lovely bride and I finally were able to spend some time at the beach today. It was an overcast day but it was still very nice and we had a great time! The sapphire looked like a blue flame today so we both thought it would be fun do a impromptu photo shoot featuring the ring. :bigsmile: I have also included a couple pictures of us and the resort. If tomorrow is sunny we may do another photo shoot. Let me know what you think!

Here are a few pictures of the resort.

IMG_6126%20resize.jpg

IMG_6128%20resize.jpg

IMG_6131%20resize.jpg

IMG_6183%20resize.jpg

IMG_6134%20resize.jpg

IMG_6132%20resize.jpg

IMG_6076%20edit.jpg

IMG_6082%20resize.jpg

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Some pictures of us :))

IMG_6125%20Resize.jpg IMG_6176%20resize.jpg IMG_6216%20resize.jpg

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
And now the ring pictures!

IMG_6326%20resize.jpg

IMG_6316%20resize.jpg

IMG_6304%20resize.jpg

IMG_6312%20resize.jpg

IMG_6287%20resize.jpg

IMG_6331%20resize.jpg

IMG_6344%20resize.jpg

IMG_6343%20resize.jpg

IMG_6352%20resize.jpg

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Glamor shots!

IMG_6202%20resize.jpg

IMG_6196%20resize.jpg

~Justin

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you both! :appl: My two favorite photos so far are the one of your wife (does it feel funny to say that? :bigsmile: ) looking like she is punching towards the camera; like a super hero who is holding her power source, her ring, out to be recharged. The other is your feet in the boat together. So sweet.

I don't know if its just me, but I worry for you and your safety a bit having so many photos of yourselves online...I would hate for you to get unintended and undesireable attention from those who might want to illegally gain from knowing who you are, where you live and that you have fine jewelry and many gemstones. Sorry to even say this as I'm not meaning to add more rain to your honeymoon. And having read your prior posts, I bet you have everything secured. Its just that it appears with few exceptions, most folks on PS are reluctant to show their faces, even the really sweet looking ones like you two...please feel free to ignore my concern if it doesn't apply.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone - I love how it is blue even in the full body shots. You're a good looking couple, congratulations to you both!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please tell us more about your ring too. There's no stones but it's very unique looking with the pattern and it's a nice size.

I adore your new wife's ring. Kate Middleton eat your heart out!! Just gorgeous!!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1336302363|3188550 said:
Congratulations to you both! :appl: My two favorite photos so far are the one of your wife (does it feel funny to say that? :bigsmile: ) looking like she is punching towards the camera; like a super hero who is holding her power source, her ring, out to be recharged. The other is your feet in the boat together. So sweet.

I don't know if its just me, but I worry for you and your safety a bit having so many photos of yourselves online...I would hate for you to get unintended and undesireable attention from those who might want to illegally gain from knowing who you are, where you live and that you have fine jewelry and many gemstones. Sorry to even say this as I'm not meaning to add more rain to your honeymoon. And having read your prior posts, I bet you have everything secured. Its just that it appears with few exceptions, most folks on PS are reluctant to show their faces, even the really sweet looking ones like you two...please feel free to ignore my concern if it doesn't apply.

Ha ha! No worries I totally know what you mean. They are some some of my favorite pictures too!

In regards to your security concerns.

First thank you for speaking up that was very kind of you. I will reassure you that I have taken appropriate precautions to secure my valuables. To the best of my knowledge I have never actually posted where I live, only a general location. I never take pictures at my home and I never Geocash the images.

I would encourage everyone to make sure your phone and camera does not geocash your images! This imbeds the image with the latitude and longitude of where the photo was taken. Very easy to trace and most devices usual come from the factory with this feature enabled.

The sad true of it is photos are not required for someone to be able to trace you and ultimately figure out where your valuables are. All that is required is that you post. Seriously it is that simple. It is a complex means to track it but there are many many many IT professionals out there that can do it.

So in short I don't mind posting pictures because in the end it doesn't matter. If someone wants to steal from me then they don't need a picture to do it. This is the risk of posting anything on the internet. It is a risk we must choose to live with or simply don't post anything.

My collection is much smaller than most on here but someday that may not be the case. One thing that I have working for me is that I don't collect diamonds....yet lol! Most jewelry thieves are deterred by the lack of diamonds.

Thank you for your concern!
~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Kim Bruun|1336305527|3188557 said:
Gorgeous stone - I love how it is blue even in the full body shots. You're a good looking couple, congratulations to you both!

Thank you Kim! The stone was just stunning at the beach!

TL|1336319681|3188685 said:
Please tell us more about your ring too. There's no stones but it's very unique looking with the pattern and it's a nice size.

I adore your new wife's ring. Kate Middleton eat your heart out!! Just gorgeous!!

Hey TL, Thanks for stopping by. My wedding band is just a hammer stamped tungsten carbide ring that I picked up at sears for dirt cheap! Not a big spender on my own jewelry. Actually that's not entirely true. I do love excellent watches =) Ha ha thanks for the Kate Middleton comment. I can't tell you how many people come up and say "oh you have a copy of the Middleton ring" lol! It really annoys me but most after looking a little closer can see that it is very different!

~Justin

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Justin_Cutter|1336292811|3188520 said:
Glamor shots!

IMG_6202%20resize.jpg

IMG_6196%20resize.jpg

~Justin

I'm afraid I have to disagree with your comment of these being your glamour shots.....the ones with your wife with the ring on her hand...now THOSE are glamour shots..... Truly....congrats again and I'm glad you are enjoying your Honeymoon.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
OMG !!!!!
Sometimes I see a mattress or a Chair or a *shudder* SOFA on the side of the interstate
and I just have to wonder "Who did that thing fly off in front of ?!?!?"

I can't believe you had that happen to you both ~ so HAPPY you are both ok !!!!!!

Your poor little car though !

Hopefully you find another you like.

CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding and can't wait to see more pictures
of both wedding AND honeymoon !!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
colorluvr|1336337676|3188842 said:
I'm afraid I have to disagree with your comment of these being your glamour shots.....the ones with your wife with the ring on her hand...now THOSE are glamour shots..... Truly....congrats again and I'm glad you are enjoying your Honeymoon.

colorluvr You are absolutely right! ;))

ooo~Shiney! I know exactly what you mean! I will never look at stuff like that the same again. Looks like there is another car like what I had in my area for sell. When we return we might go look at it. :))
Thank you and there will definitely be more pictures to come!

~Justin

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Did your wife choose a wedding ring? What style did you opt for?

Huge congrats & gorgeous ring! Marriage is wonderful : )

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Holy COW, that was a beautiful location ~ You two must have had the BEST time !!!

This is my favorite series of photos ~ That HAIR !!! That RING !!!! :love: :love: :love:
Your wife looks like a Super-Model !!!!
And that picture of you is pretty cute, too :lol:

IMG_6331 resize (Large).jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I don't know where to start. The hotel, the vista, the room, the everything! It's awesome. And the smiling happy couple. And the dreamy blue sapphire ring that needs no special lighting or photography tricks to look superb.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Nattshants84 Thank you! She decided that she didn't want a wedding band to go with the engagement ring. She felt it would take away from it. I am working on finding a band for her to wear when she would rather not wear the engagement ring... Like when we go hiking or sport activities. I agree! I am a big fan of marriage!

ooo~Shiney! Thank you! Its true I am so blessed to have such an amazing woman in my life! I love her so much! The picture that you selected is my personal favorite of her with the ring.

Chrono Wow! Thank you! That means a lot coming from you. Its no Kashmir but I think it performs really well especially considering the size. I have seen dozens of larger (3ct +) sapphires and it can be so hard to get size and color to work together sometimes. I took these pictures in 3 different lighting situations. The two "Glamour" shots were in the shade, The pictures with my wife were in overcast sunlight, and the in the sand pictures were in partial sunlight. You can see how the light changes effect the perceived saturation of the stone in the pictures.

I did some minor color balancing to compensate for the changes in light but the sapphire pictures are very close to the negative images. I also added vignetting to each picture. I always want to make sure my photography is accurate. What is the point of making a stone look like something it is not!?!?

All pictures were taken using a Canon 60D with a standard 28-90mm lens. Settings were on full manual.

~Justin

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Justin, coming in late to add my congratulations to you and your gorgeous bride!

tzelin

Rough_Rock
Justin, congratulations!

Your photos are just wonderful. You and your wife look like models!

Thank you so much for sharing!

By the way, I am so glad that you were not injured in the accident!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Hest88 Thank you very much!

tzelin Haha! That made me smile! Thank you so much. I am extremely thankful as well!

Its been a while.... Just enjoying the married life! I am so excited to announce that my photographer just sent us our final pictures of the wedding. Expect a sizable update soon! ;))

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE
Wedding Pictures!!!
51 Pictures from the best day of my life!

1_68.jpg
2_53.jpg
3_44.jpg
4_30.jpg
5_22.jpg
6_16.jpg
7_15.jpg
8_9.jpg
9_12.jpg
10_4.jpg
11_3.jpg
12_5.jpg
13_2.jpg
14_1.jpg
15.jpg
16_1.jpg
17_0.jpg
18_0.jpg
19_2.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22_1.jpg
23_0.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28_0.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35_0.jpg
36_0.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg
44.jpg
45_0.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg
48.jpg
49.jpg
50_0.jpg
51.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your photographer is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing such a momentuous moment in your lives.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justin, those are amazing. Your wedding day looks like a dream. You both look so happy! I wish you both a long, healthy, happy marriage!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Well I'm obviously super behind, but i just read this entire thread.

First off: Justin, the time and care you took choosing the perfect stone/setting for your perfect lady was so sweet! The ring looks perfect on her finger - and with all the added photos, it seems to fit her style and personality PERFECTLY.

Second: You guys are GORGEOUS. Your wife is so beautiful and i love her hair. I love the dress she wore in the engagement photos and i absolutely love the boat pic with the feet too. haha.

Third: Did you guys get married in a castle? I love her bouquet! And i love the wedding photos too! You guys had and incredible photog. So glad you guys were OK after the car accident, that is super scary!

...such a thought out and extremely sentimental post. I love how it was not only story-like but added in everything you learned about sapphires! I hope my DBF will think out a ring/proposal like you!! :mrgreen:

bluenights

Rough_Rock
THE WEDDING PHOTOS ARE AMAZING!! YOUR WIFE IS A VERY LUCKY GIRL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results