shape
carat
color
clarity

What's for dinner?? Paramedics probably!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is an historic day in our house hold... I am MAKING DINNER!

OMG, I am terrified! I never cook anymore. I used to (all the time) and loved the planning, organizing the shopping trips, the prep, etc. and would do it with 3 kids, breastfeeding, on the phone, paying bills, washing the car... (you know what I'm getting at - multi tasking to the MAX!) then one day, the switch just flipped and I decided I'd had enough. Since then, years later... DH, totally enjoys the cooking experience. It throws me into a complete and total panic!!! ARGH! Between the two of us not sure who needs the paramedics first - me for the panic around cooking or DH risking the finished meal!!

So earlier in the day,I sent him a text that I'd be making dinner tonight (yes, of my own free will!) and it took him a while to reply. I figured I'd killed him at his desk! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are having a tossed salad with pears, blue cheese, walnuts and red curly lettuce along with parmesan/bread crumb coated pork chops. I've got a nice chardonnay on hand and then dinner biscuits warmed in the oven ... man, I'm on FIRE! I am actually kind of excited about this... omg, please don't let this become a regular thing. :shock: I'm starting to sweat at the thought of following thru!

I hope I don't kill anyone - or start a fire.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
What time should we be there? I'll bring dessert!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds absolutely delicious, can I come too?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just email us the directions. :bigsmile:
I'll have my dh bake his award winning apple pie if you would like. You can never have too much dessert. :appl:
What time are the festivities starting? I don't like to arrive late when food is involved. :wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!!! you guys all have such faith in me --- thank you!!!!

I burnt the first round of broiled pecans, so have the 2nd round in now - watching closer this time around... and am plumping up raisins for the salad in apple juice. Wow - this is actually kind of fun!!! Did not make my own balsamic vinegar dressing - MR Kraft has come to my rescue! :bigsmile:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Let us know how it all turns out. I just brought home an astronaut chicken-easy way out!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sounds great Enerchi!

PS your posts crack me up :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
dinner was an hour ago, we've managed to walk the dogs our usual 2km post dinner walk, and no intestinal tragedies have ensued... so its looking positive so far! :appl:

DH was VERY impressed - even emailed his mother to tell her! :praise: #2 son has arrived home after his long day at work and we will get an unbiased opinion from him - he doesn't know that it was me who cooked!

And--- just to brag shamelessly! ---- the kitchen was spotless as I made things. I hate mess because it confuses me, so I cleaned up as I went and you'd never know there was a meal cooked in this kitchen. I am SOOO impressed with myself (ooops, there goes that shameless bragging again!! tee hee!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1335568698|3182508 said:
sounds great Enerchi!

Her posts crack me up too, she's got a great sense of humor and a big heart. I hope to meet you in person Enerchi, one day.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:
sounds great Enerchi!

Her posts crack me up too, she's got a great sense of humor and a big heart. I hope to meet you in person Enerchi, one day.

Ditto (or thritto?), Enerchi you are one of my fave PSers! Always so friendly, caring, and cheerful :bigsmile:

ETA: I'm ready for dessert, let me know when its ready. Dinner sounded delish.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1335571067|3182542 said:
sounds great Enerchi!
I read this too quickly & thought it said "in prison". :lol:

Congrats on the dinner, Enerchi! Sounds delish.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
So Enerchi is in prison? She seemed so nice...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lulu|1335576172|3182584 said:

Cooking while in prison--I know how that is!

cheers--Sharon

iLander

Ideal_Rock
lulu|1335576172|3182584 said:

Hey, don't be judging. Just as long as she's paying her debt to society . . .

I heard it was "cooking" that got her in trouble.

:D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you guys have me rolling on the floor with this!!!! I'm laughing out loud about my PS fate - prison!!!

I broke out of my cell while the guards aren't watching, to log onto PS and post that "I'm fine - send DIAMONDS!!! STAT!!!! - in a Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese icing" ... I'll know it's for me! (put a CARAT or more in there for me - hahahaha!!) :bigsmile: :lol:

Cooking in prison, Sharon? - I hear ya! This felt like a life sentence to coordinate people/table/hot food, all at the same time - and I'm only dealing with a pork chop, for heaven's sake! :rolleyes: Geesh, Why do we have to eat every day? Can't cereal and toast become a food group - i mean, REALLY! Throw an apple and a glass of milk in there - and that's gotta be a complete meal at some point, right??

So feel free to come to my prison (ONTARIO IN THE WINTER IS TOTALLY A PRISON!!!), visit me, and I'd love to make you toast or open a bag of chips for y'all!!! But if you are expecting a recipe that uses those round silver flat things with handles that make the food go from raw to solid, as well as dazzling accoutrements like knives, spices, stirring and full tummies, I really only fire up "the hot square" about once every 6 months - book your flight October now! ;)) :lol: :lol:

My DH says, "when in the kitchen, remember --- you are only a guest!" :rodent: And I gotta say, I am TOTALLY ok with that! I know square is hot, rectangular is cold, wet is the sink and ... there we are!

(But i know my way around the liquor store like nobody's business!!!)

Thanks everyone, for saying sweet things about me - I'm honoured that I entertain and amuse you on PS! Still learning about diamonds, but I have mastered a kick a$$ sense of humour! :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Enerchi, you are wonderful!! I totally relate to the switch turning off about cooking. I used to LOVE it. Now I dread it every day. It feels like so much work! Why not just eat a bowl of cold cereal?!! :lol: When the kids ask what's for dinner, what's wrong with saying "cereal" every night for weeks on end? Isn't cereal fortified? :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results