carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
happybridetobe » 18 Apr 2012 13:37

Hi All!

I am a long time lurker on the forum, and this is my first ever post So, a big hello to you!!

My boyfriend's mother was so gracious to gift us with a wonderful family heirloom, a 2.3 carat round Old European Cut diamond, special for my upcoming engagement. However, the diamond was in an old yellow gold setting that was just not "me". Well, after seeing so many gorgeous rings on the forum designed by the wonderful Victor Canera, I felt confident that I should send the diamond off to him to be reset! He truly is a master of design.

The ring just arrived yesterday, and my boyfriend immediately confiscated it. I have not yet seen it in person, so I only really have the video to share at this point. He will propose with it soon so hopefully I will be back very, very shortly with a bunch of new photos for you!!!! I am just so excited I think I may bust from the anticipation!

I have attached the professional video and a before and after shot of the ring below. Hope you enjoy the sneek peak!

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=296H2MTljlM&feature=channel&list=UL

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...era-oec-split-shank-cushion-halo-ring.174402/

happy.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
orbaya » 18 Apr 2012 11:17

I've been working with WF to create a new necklace. I originally inquired about their Embrace pendant but decided that the diamonds were too small for me. I then decided that I wanted a DBTY necklace instead of a pendant style necklace.

I picked this gorgeous necklace up this morning, and it is more beautiful than I ever thought it would be! I don't know why, because WF has never disappointed me! I wanted something with a bit more of the bling factor than .07 pointers. I have no doubt it is a gorgeous necklace, but I wanted bigger! LOL! So, Whiteflash created this beautiful necklace that will most likely be an everyday staple for me. This "Whiteflash By the Yard" consists of 10 diamonds which are .15ct each and are their stunning ACA's. I love having 10 diamonds because the back of my neck sparkles too!!

I must admit that I was a little nervous about how the stones that flipped over would look, if they would look "dull" compared to the upright ones. Oh boy, that is NOT the case at all!!! When I look in the mirror I cannot tell which diamonds are flipped because they sparkle like crazy, exactly like the upright stones! In my neckshots, there is a mixture of how the diamonds are laying on my neck. Can you tell which ones are which? I can't!!

I've had a hard time getting good pictures...it's difficult to take pictures of your own neck! So, for now I will post WF's glamour shots and a few neck shots. I'll have to wait and have hubby take some for me so he can try to catch the liveliness of these stones. Who knows, maybe my other Whiteflash pieces might come out and play a bit!

So, I thank Whiteflash for yet another gorgeous, quality piece of jewelry!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-1-5ct-whiteflash-by-the-yard-necklace.174395/

orb.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006 » 19 Apr 2012 18:02

Our anniversary was in late December, so earlier that month I discovered Pearlman's sale on their Beaudry in-stock settings. I have always loved Beaudry but not the price! So it was a great opportunity to pick out a special ring for our anniversary! Many thanks to both Bill and Julian for their excellent customer service and beautiful jewelry!

Blue sapphire is my favorite colored gemstone and is also my birthstone, so that is what I decided to put in the setting. I figured since it only needed a small stone, I could afford to get a high quality sapphire which I couldn't do if the setting needed a 3-4 carat stone! Julian at Pearlman's and a good friend were so kind to help me look for one, and I greatly appreciated them looking! Finding a sapphire in a great color, cut, and perfect size for the setting was not easy, but I finally ended up with a beautiful 1.42 cts, 6.6mm stone from Ceylon cut by Richard Homer! Richard was so nice and helpful, and I highly recommend his beautiful stones! Concave cut really adds sparkle to a round stone!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...richard-homer-sapphire-from-pearlmans.174460/

ds2006.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
keithsnatch » 19 Apr 2012 21:19

Hello Pricescopers,

I haven't been on the forums here in a while, but I thought it was about time I told my story. Almost a year ago, I proposed to my longtime girlfriend. Getting a ring wouldn't have been possible without Pricescope, so I'd like to thank all the members for taking time and effort to ask questions-- and of course the industry people and experts for taking the time to give thoughtful answers. It helped me out tremendously, and here's what I have to show for it.

For the sake of brevity, I came to this site with no knowledge of diamonds / settings whatsoever. I studied up using the resources here, and eventually gained the confidence to start contacting vendors about their diamonds. I wanted to get my fiance something unique, so I decided to go with as square a brilliant cut as I could find while staying within my ideal specs and budget. After checking out a few in person in the local diamond district (Philly), I took to the internet and eventually got in touch with Yoni at Eternity Diamonds. With his help, here is what I eventually purchased:

Cut: Cut-Cornered Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 5.81 x 5.79 x 3.99 mm
WeightL 1.06 carat
Depth: 68.9%
Table: 69%
Crown Height: 9.8%
Clarity: VS1
Color: H

You wouldn't believe the fire in this thing. I've included a few, but pictures don't do it justice.

Anyway, here's where Yoni shines. My fiance's sister got engaged a few months before I started on the ring, so I found out quickly that she adored halo settings. I inquired about his custom work, and he guaranteed that I would be impressed with his shop's abilities. I must have sent the man 50 emails in the first two weeks with ideas about the design, but he patiently answered my questions and always offered his professional expertise. From the start, I was going for a platinum legacy-inspired, bezel set Halo with an engraved Euro-shank. Over the course of two months, Yoni made it all happen. He sent me CADs, kept me updated, and was always available to talk by email or on the phone. Here's the end result, and I hope you all like it as much as I do. And please feel free to ask any questions, I'd be happy to answer if I can.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ngagement-ring-from-eternity-diamonds.174469/

keith.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MikesRock » 22 Apr 2012 15:52

Here's a pic of my fiance's ring, just got engaged on Friday.

This is my first major jewerly purchase,and Im quite happy how the ring turned out. She loves it as well.

The center stone is a .96ct, VS1, I, Triple Excellent, no flourescense.

The setting is made my Coast Diamond, its a stock design (the model # is LC5220)
http://www.coastdiamond.com

Diamond Measurements are:

Depth: 61.5%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.5°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 42.5%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (3.5%)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/coast-96ct-halo-fishtail-vs1-i.174570/

mikesrock.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Attached » 26 Apr 2012 15:22

I got my hands on my mother's upgrade and had to snap a few pictures because let's face it I will never be able to get this ring off my mother's finger again LOL. My father finally decided to bite the bullet and surprise my mother this incredible ring for their 25 year anniversary. I don't have the specifics on center stone or the ring. Sorry! Here is what I do know: The ring was custom made in one of LA's diamond district and the center stone is GIA, E color, VVS1, EX/EX/EX, and no florescence. My parents are superstitious and wouldn't consider anything lower in clarity. My parents were arranged here in the U.S., my father was 24 and my mother was 20, and their first time meeting each other was on their WEDDING DAY! It sounds a bit crazy in my mind still... because I can't see myself in that situation..., but 25 years later my parents are still happily married with three children. My parents say that in here in America people do things backwards... Americans fall in love then get married, whereas they got married and then fell in love LOL. Since, they were arranged my mother's parents bought my dad his wedding ring and my father's parents bought my mom her rings. Her wedding set was a little over a carat and wasn't the best quality. Neither of my parents had a say in what they got! Now she has this beauty to wear and cherish everyday.

Just for reference my finger is a size 6.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/moms-2-56-ct-rb-upgrade.174750/

attached.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
orbaya » 26 Apr 2012 11:41

I own three absolutely gorgeous pieces of jewelry from Whiteflash. My newest piece is a 1.5ct "Whiteflash By the Yard" necklace that has 10 diamonds that are .15 each. I also have a 3ct, 3 prong tennis bracelet, as well as a 1.65ct 5-stone ring which has .33ct stones. I decided to do a photo shoot with everything after I was asked to do so. These photos do not do these justice at all!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-whiteflash-baubles.174740/

orbaya.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo~Shiney! » 25 Apr 2012 21:42

This was a really nice experience for me, and I truly didn't expect it to go
this easily.

The ring is 2.67 ct of 50 point goodness. On a size 7 finger
(got ring sized 7 1/2 for those hot days, also it will fit on my right hand too, that way)
E-F color
eye-clean stones.
(actually, truth be told, I have a very hard time seeing anything even with a loupe ! )

I am really really ecstatic over how quickly this all came together, as well.
About 2 weeks, I really thought it would take longer somehow...
And there was an appraisal included with the ring too
That is really time saving for me, I have very little time for anything
these days....

I have never had a ring this beautiful, it is bright a sizzling in all lighting,
just amazingly awesome and I love it so much !!!!

Thank you to everyone that offered advice, and absolutely
couldn't recommend IDJ highly enough.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/loving-idjewelry.174725/

ooo.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cherokee1979 » 25 Apr 2012 13:39

Hello all. Let me first say a big THANK YOU to the PS community for all of your sage wisdom. Everyone has been incredibly helpful and kind, and I am SO grateful for your guidance and advice! Also, I owe a special thank you to diamondseeker2006 and mrssalvo; you ladies are so kind and knowledgeable, and I hope that life brings you the very best. Well, I apologize in advance for the long post (I research and write for a living and cannot seem to help myself).

Initially, since I was very, VERY pleased with the savings offered by the secondary market (I purchased both the ER and WB from a private seller online at a very reasonable price), I created a thread in RT detailing my experience, if anyone is interested (see [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-secondary-market-experience.174708/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-secondary-market-experience.174708/[/URL]). Although my experience with diamonds and jewelry shopping is not even a scintilla of the knowledge that the average PS’er has, I had thought it prudent to post my experience just in case it might be helpful to another newbie PS’er out there.

The proposal:
I rented for the weekend a charming, old log cabin, which was perfect for the occasion, as it was quaint, romantic, and most importantly, private. We are both rather private people, and I knew that my fiancée would want only the two of us present for the proposal, as it is a rather intimate moment. Accordingly, I made a fire in the stone fireplace and proposed to her right there (after, of course, fortifying my nerves with some “liquid courage”, a/k/a, cabernet). Also, I am not ashamed to say that, me being a bit emotional for a guy, I started to well up halfway through my little “speech” prior to popping the big question. She seemed to love it though, and she loved the ER!

The stone: .81 RB, AGS0 ideal cut, E color, VS1, 0.9 on the HCA, negligible fluorescence.

Although the below pictures don’t do a great job of showing this, the fire and light return on this stone is really impressive. I am SO happy that I went with an AGS0 (a big thanks to PS on that one)! As many here have said, it is really nice to have the reassurance of an AGS0 when buying sight-unseen! Also, the E color faces up incredibly white, which was very important to us.

I had initially wanted to get a larger RB (slightly over a carat) and buy it new. However, early into my ER search, we discovered that she was pregnant, thus making money even more of a consideration! In any event, my fiancée had expressed that she was not too concerned about size (as she is not “blingy” whatsoever) and she would much rather have high clarity (VS2 or better), & very high color, as she is VERY color sensitive. Also, I of course used my knowledge gained from PS to stress to her the importance of cut (I can imagine that she was getting really tired of hearing me use the term “AGS0” all of the time.)

The setting & band: Platinum Ritani EL halo & matching platinum WB. I knew my fiancée liked the bezel halo style (which is really nice considering her active lifestyle) and I thought that, if I could find a nice setting within our budget (hence the secondary market search), it would be a great way to maximize finger coverage (she wanted a delicate setting and has rather small fingers – size 4.25). The E color center stone seems to mesh perfectly with the F-G melee, and it is nice how the center stone is higher in color than the icy-white, delicate one-pointers.

Well, I apologize about the lackluster pics, but here goes!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ritani-el-halo-wedding-set-–-just-engaged.174707/

cherokee.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AsschrFan » 24 Apr 2012 15:25

This just arrived to my Mom's house, and will be making its way to me (in Paris) in the next few days with my Mom, who will be visiting me

I was looking for a wedding band for my asscher solitaire, and initially wanted a diamond eternity. But I started looking at ruby channel bands, and loved the idea of wearing my fiancee's birthstone in my band. The ones I saw listed online were either too thick or out of my price range. Then I saw this band on Dover Jewelry (remembering Gypsy's beautiful emerald version - Thanks Gypsy!), and decided to go for it, as the price ($499 with shipping) seemed right! The posting also said "not sizable" but it was sized up from 6.5 to 7.

Here are some shots my Mom took outside. The photos on Dover made the rubies seem a bit darker, but I love how bright they look! I can't wait to see how it looks with my e-ring...Hope it works!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ruby-diamond-wedding-band-from-dover-jewelry.174657/

assch.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
BJay » 27 Apr 2012 18:51

I proposed to my fiance a couple of days ago. I am so glad that I found this board and the wonderful people on here who helped me through the process of picking out an e-ring. A big thanks to Yekutiel at ID Jewelry as well. It was wonderful working with him. He was patient (I had a number of questions and he was very thorough with his answers) and he took a lot of time to explain certain things that I didn't know with regard to picking out a diamond. I found him to be honest and straight-forward. He gave me confidence that he would help me find a quality diamond ring for my budget and I felt that he was very sincere in wanting to make sure that I was fully satisfied with my purchase. The ring is 1.30 ctw... center stone is .90. I'm very happy with the end result and so is my fiance.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fiances-e-ring-from-idj.174797/

bjay.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life » 24 Apr 2012 01:33

My Fiance and I went to Tiffany's today to pick out a plain wedding band We both ended up falling for the Tiffany Lucida 18k rose gold with Platinum since it "matched" my e-ring. Alone by itself, it's hard to tell it's rose gold and platinum (it looks like it's all plat) when it's by itself, but next to my e-ring .. the rose gold really shines. It is approx 1.6mm at it's tallest point (the sales lady measured it) and it's 2mm wide.

Sorry, but camera phone pics are the only pics I have right now

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-lucida-rose-gold-w-plat-wedding-band.174629/

res.jpg

nancyjohn

Rough_Rock
cool and gorgeous and i admire you

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
KristyDarling » 29 Apr 2012 21:59

Hi everyone!! I spent 45 minutes typing up a post and then lost it during the attempt to attach a photo, so here's the Reader's Digest version of my original post!

- Recently sold my 3.56 round with pear sides (Leon Mege setting), in order to get the chunky cushion halo I've been dreaming of for the last few years. This was to commemorate our 10 year wedding anniversary last year.
- Mark at ERD sourced my Old Mine Brilliant stone (3.18 I VS1, GIA). A jeweler on Mark's team created the hand-forged Harry Winston-style halo setting. Mark's jeweler has been creating hand-forged jewelry for the world's most renowned diamond houses for the last 25 years.
- Diamond specs: 3.18ct I/VS1 OMB, GIA. 9.44 x 8.04 x 5.58mm. Polish and Symmetry both Very Good. 50% table, 69.4% depth, slightly large culet.
- My ring size is 3.75. The prongs are single-claw prongs...they are *extremely* delicate! As for the pave -- Mark calls this style of pave "micro pave arches." The halo is 1.25mm and contains .22cts F/G VS quality diamonds. The shank contains .50cts and is 1.95mm. We used .950 platinum with ruthenium. The height of the donut to the table is 6.5mm.
- I love this ring. The craftsmanship, super high polish, and attention to detail are all superb. Every element is executed so delicately yet it FEELS so strong. Thank you, Mark!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nd-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd.174860/

kristy.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619 » 02 May 2012 18:39

My new three stone reset!!

Center stone is 0.98 carat H color (6.23 x 6.25 x 3.98 mm). Side stones are just under .50 carats each and I color. I can sometimes notice a color difference in certain lights but it's not bad at all. You all weren't kidding, these three stone rings provide serious finger coverage!!! I think I can finally be satisfied with my diamond's size now (but I'm not promising DH anything ). The ring is a size 6.5, and the stones almost cover the top of the finger.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...e-carat-or-less-center-stones-t171469-30.html

laila.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AshokaLuv » 28 Apr 2012 22:13

I posted this over in the testimonials section, but I know this is where we all come to see the goods!
Hand forged Platinum Ring
3.02 Ashoka
J VVS2

Stone was sourced by Mark at ERD, and his jeweler nailed the hand forged setting. It's absolutely perfect and we couldn't be happier with it! Another fabulous creation from Mark for my collection!

Video of Stone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbNQQid7C_c&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL3B2A4AFA78CBFD91
Video of Ring... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU-yLNQUpW4&list=UUCT1hf2Iqrhhv3NeUyyKn4Q&index=6&feature=plcp

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hand-forged-platinum-ashoka-ring-erd.174832/

ash.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom » 01 May 2012 13:46

I've been wanting a smallish diamond pendant for awhile now. I fell in love with the HOF Fullfillment pendant but just didn't want to pay that much. One day when I was looking through David's DBL site I noticed he was offering a floating diamond halo pendant for a great price. Similar to the HOF and the chain is adjustable from 16 to 18 inches. The catch........the center diamond is a .59ct M VS2. Granted, it has strong blue florescence and a pretty good cut but, yeah, it's an M. Also it's an M that has a halo of F-G diamonds. Yikes, that has got to make that M color really stand out more right? So I told myself no. Even my husband was like.........babe, it's an M, I don't think you want an M. But there was something that kept calling me back. David assured me that it didn't show much color, so even though I was really afraid of what I was going to see I took the plunge. All I can say is thank goodness I did! I know I'm old with old eyes but I really can't see much color at all and I don't think anyone else will be able to either. All I see is gorgeous sparkle. It's a dreary day here so no sunlight but I had it outside and indoors and it looks white to me in both lights. So lesson learned: Good cut + strong blue flourescence = give it a chance.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-dont-be-afraid-of-m-colored-diamonds.174912/

catmom.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
elliemay » 04 May 2012 11:31

I've been watching a particular emerald ring on eBay this week, and went to check on it Wednesday morning. The bidding was way out of control, so I knew I'd be passing on that one. Another ring at the bottom of the screen caught my eye -- in those "suggested for you" windows. I thought (er, actually said out loud to myself ), "Ooh! I'd be just as happy with that one!" and clicked over to it.

I made a quick offer, absolutely positive that it wouldn't be accepted because it was pretty low compared to the BIN price, but it was accepted in about five minutes! I paid and went to work. Less than 24 hours later, the ring was on my finger!

This ring is everything I never wanted -- yellow gold, cluster-style, old cuts with culets you can drive a tank through, wonky workmanship, damaged stones (some of the emeralds are scratched, which is kind of expected as the ring is from 1890 or so), etc.

And I freaking love it.

I don't know if I got a deal, but I love it, so it was worth what I paid, right?

4.2mm cushion old-cut centre with 4 cushion old-cut diamonds and 4 cushion old-cut emeralds (I'd never seen old-cut emeralds -- cute little open culets/keels!) in 18kt yellow gold:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-old-emerald-and-cushion-cut-diamond-ring.175063/

ellie.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
junestars » 04 May 2012 23:24

I just got 5th aniversary ring which is my dream ring, 'The One' Harry Winston Micropave cushion cut ring
The ring is incredibly beautiful and I cannot take it off since I recieved it. Although I've been trying Micropave rings in HW salones so many times, I'm always suprised by its fairly-tale-like clarity, brilliance, and sparkle: too good to be true. And of course, owning my own piece is like a dream.

I've been enjoying PS articles/blogs to do pre-study on Harry Winston Micropave ring for the last 5 months and found all comments and pictures were extremely helpful to decide my ring. As you all know, there is not so much information on Micropave ring so hard to research and compare.

Thought it would be nice to share my ring for future brides and happy aniversary girls.

Please wait for the details for specs while the certification is going to be delivered from NYC.

Btw, it's 2.01 ct. (the center stone only)
Color F and Clarity is VS1.
(Note: I tried so many micropve rings from IF/D to VS1/F of verious carat sizes for more than a year in HW salons and really couldn't tell Clarity & Color difference since micropave ring sparkles too much to see details inside and I guess HW diamonds are selected seriously to hold their quality policy beyond 4C. Cannot tell color D and F either. So decided to go bigger within the budget, it turned out to be over 2ct
I have my pear-shaped pendant on Winston chain from HW and it's color D and I compared them, but still cannot tell.

Hope you find my info helpful and enjoy pics.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ary-ring-harry-winston-micropave-ring.175083/

junsettars.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimber418 » 05 May 2012 23:42

Hi Everyone,

Recently my future son-in-law asked me to help him design my daughters engagement ring. I was so happy to help! Victor Canera was my jeweler of choice as he had just made my other daughter's engagement ring last summer and she became engaged this past November. I still have not posted her ring which turned out gorgeous! I will do it next but for now I will show you daughter #2's future ring....

After considering all that could be done with the beautiful emerald cut diamond they had picked out, I talked to Victor and he gave me several options. The one I loved the most was the split shank halo. I have to say that working with Victor now for two engagement rings was the most wonderful experience. I trust him so much and his ideas are so creative and classic. I love the way the halo looks like it "belongs" to the stone. It hugs the emerald cut diamond and the setting and the diamond look perfect together. We used Hand-Forged Platinum with 0.55ct Single-Cut diamonds for the split shank and halo. The ring is beautiful and so much more gorgeous in person. It is size 5.5. Victor's pave work is impeccable. He is a true master of pave. The entire process (for both engagement rings) was stress free, fun and very professional. My daughter that is engaged with her Victor Canera ring is totally in love with it and couldn't be happier. I am thrilled that both my daughters have/will have Victor's creations!

Here are the stats on the Emerald cut ring that Victor created. My future son-in-law #2 has not proposed yet so I do not have hand shots as my ring size is different from my daughters size. I am confident that my daughter does not go on pricescope so I can post without her seeing this. I also have a video of the ring but am having trouble posting it. Here are the stats on the ring:

Emerald Cut Diamond
7.98 X 5.40 X 3.40mm
Carat weight 1.34 carat
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 63%
Table: 66%
Girdle: Med
Culet : VSM
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None
Size: 5.5

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-split-shank-emerald-cut-halo.175116/

kimmers.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
junebug17 » 10 May 2012 22:30

I've had this for a while now - it's a 1.96 J SI2 (EGL) OEC from JbEG in a platinum antique setting. The stone is eye-clean. Grace was a pleasure to work with and made the whole transaction very easy!

I was going to post sooner but ran into a problem when I had the ring sized - I took it to a jeweler who had sized other rings for me and done a great job. When I got home and took a better look, I realized the sizing job was pretty sloppy, the stone wasn't under one of the prongs and it was crooked. These 50 year old eyes just didn't notice these things in the store.

Honestly, I didn't know what the heck to do, so for a while I did nothing! I didn't want to take it back to the jeweler; considering the botched job,I just didn't have confidence he'd be able to fix it. I just wore it once in a while when we went out to dinner, but I was nervous about wearing it and just didn't feel good about how it looked.

I finally decided to go to the downtown area of a nearby town in the hopes that I'd find a jeweler that could repair the ring. Honestly, I just didn't know what else to do! (In hindsight, I should have asked PS'ers for recommendations - d'oh ) The SA at the first store I went to told me the owner took jewelry over to Philadelphia for repairs and I wasn't sure I wanted to do that. The woman I spoke to was really nice and recommended a jeweler down the street who has been repairing her jewelry for years. So I headed on to this tiny shop with one lone man behind the counter. I explained the issues with the ring as he gazed woefully at it. He noticed the problems right away. He pointed out the sloppy sizing job right off the bat and was sufficiently horrified by it that it made me feel more secure that he knew what he was doing. He mentioned something about building up the prongs, which made me a little nervous but I decided to trust him and have him fix it.

Well, to make a long story even longer I picked up the ring today and I'm absolutely thrilled with the work he did! The stone is set perfectly and the prongs look fantastic. And he cleaned up the sizing job and the ring looks perfect now! I'm so happy to have the ring looking beautiful again. When it was messed up I played around with the idea of saving up and getting a new setting eventually. Now that the ring is fixed I've lost any desire to change it. Oh, and he cleaned the diamond while it was out of the setting, and it sparkles and shines more than ever.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-from-jbeg.175339/

junebug.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
webdiva » 10 May 2012 17:41

ring-front.jpg (140.02 KiB) Viewed 592 times

Tadaaaaa! My ring! I've been impatiently waiting while my ring was custom made by Beverley K and sent to GOG (standard 4 weeks - I couldn't WAIT to get it)! I loved the style of ring I picked, and added my own little bits of flair - plus the diamond was very pretty when I saw it loose. However, I was NOT prepared for opening the box this morning outside Fedex and being BLOWN away!

I posted on here worried that the diamond didn't show much scintillation at first - a combo of bad office lighting and what I now think was the huge ring holder prongs on a smaller diamond hiding it's true beauty. This thing sparkles everywhere, I can't take my eyes off of it! It's stunning - I keep getting compliments and our head of HR is going to talk to me about a reset of her diamond! I don't think I'll get much work done the rest of the day while starting at it!

And it's HUGE - it's a .88 5.5 mm x 5.48 mm E I1 and it looks GINORMOUS! It's not just the halo, it's also the beautiful high polished bezel. Looking directly at the diamond, it just seems like it has a larger surface area than it did in the ring holder.

Thank you to Pricescope for all the education and helpful members - I've been researching for a while and appreciated all the information in threads. Especially the different options present to find a gorgeous ring on a budget. I hadn't heard of GOG or Beverley K prior to PS, and was able to achieve a ring that looks like a million bucks on a budget! For those researching options, the setting was $1590 ($1390 without modifications like I made) and the diamond was on sale (spring sale!) for $2670 with wire transfer.

Here is my thread outlining my research process and visits to multiple jewelers:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/buying-a-ring-in-los-angeles-local-and-online-reviews.174086/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/buying-a-ring-in-los-angeles-local-and-online-reviews.174086/[/URL]

The picture do NOT do it justice, it is gorgeous. Beautiful quality! They really matched the proportions of the halo to the shape of the Princess of Hearts and the bezels I added enhance the halo very subtly.

GOG has been great - very accommodating and friendly. I'm so happy Marie could have Bev K make the changes, and make it so easy for me! I highly recommend them! I couldn't see me ordering a ring online, although I could see the benefits of ordering the diamond online - but after doing enough research and field trips and seeing Bev K quality in person I was confident that ordering from GOG was the right thing. After receiving the ring, I can confidently advise those researching their own rings to order a Bev K sight unseen (understanding that the scale of the ring is MUCH more delicate than in the chunky pictures! Even GOG's pics that I'm posting, while beautiful, don't do justice to this gorgeous ring!).

The ring is beautifully made, and is as delicate as the 1910 ring I tried on at Wanna Buy a Watch, and BETTER quality than some of the rings I saw at top LA jewelers. A similar ring locally would have easily cost $9000 and up, and would certainly have NOT had a diamond the quality of my Princess of Hearts. I can't even see my I1 inclusion now that it's set and the setting seems to enhance the performance of the diamond. Those ring holders really don't do diamonds under 1 carat justice!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ev-k-ring-princess-of-hearts-from-gog.175328/

webdiva.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
totheleft » 08 May 2012 15:28

For reference, I originally posted photos of my ring and questions about vendors/advice for adding a halo to my existing setting here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-i-need-you-all-lol.173925/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-i-need-you-all-lol.173925/[/URL]

I ended up deciding to go for it, and went with Pete Tain at Quest Jewelers (DC area) to add a halo to my setting. I was very attached to my original setting and he had great vision for how to rearrange the diamonds and adjust the taper to accommodate the halo I wanted.

It was hand-forged (which I guess matters to some people, not so much to me, but I can appreciate it), and on top of moving the top pave down the side of the band, he also added 3 diamonds total to my wedding ring to make it match up (it wasn't a perfect fit before; now it is).

I can't recommend Pete enough. They're just NICE PEOPLE. He got excited about the project and had a ton of ideas - including some to SAVE me money. He also took my diamonds out of my settings in front of me (I had him replace the head on my heirloom right-hand ring, too, as the prongs were weak) and he showed me how to use the loupe, flourescence detector, do color grading, etc. It was neat to see my diamonds out of their settings side by side, get my right-hand diamond weighed, etc.
(for reference, the diamond is a 1.50 ct. princess SI1 G set in platinum)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-halo-added-on-to-existing-ring.175214/

totheleft.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
leightonleighton » 09 May 2012 15:49

Thank you. It's an original Maevona Poppy ring set with 2 pears shaped diamond on the side (e-ring and plain wedding band) in platinum set with 1.02 carat H&A H SI1 BGD signature. The story of the Maevona Poppy is quite long as I am from Land Down Under. I sent an email to Maevona Customer Service enquiring which of their retailers sends out item to Australia and they promptly replied that there is only one retailer that sends internationally. I contacted the retailer but the quotation they gave me is too much for my budget. Instead, I emailed all the retailers of Maevona and inquire about the price of the mounting in 18K white gold and platinum stating about my intention of doing it online and exporting it to Australia. I was surprised that there is a huge difference of prices between retailers--and I choose a store in New York as their price is $800-$1000 less compared mostly to all the retailers of Maevona. I emailed all their retailers and got at least 90% reply from all of them. Some don't export to Australia. Some don't do online business. You need to do the transaction in store. And some just way to expensive (maybe for me). So I negotiated with the retailer that if it's possible that I could do it online. They agreed as long as they don't export it outside US as they don't know about the documentation needed. Next step I did was to search for the centre stone and I got the best price for my budget (thanks for all the input in my queries that I posted here) with BGD. I contacted Lesley and she was so prompt in replying with all the emails that I sent her. Great customer service. And so she agreed that I would send the mounting to their office directly. And she also instructed me about the documentation needed for the AUSFTA. So I closed the deal with the retailer and they sent the mounting only to BGD as they don't have a great selection of stones as excellent compared to BGD (in my opinion). And it was BGD who set the stone to the mounting. I think my efforts paid off well especially on the mounting that save me heaps of money. I learned it from here that I need to shop around for the best price.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-ring-for-gf.175254/

leighton.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results