carat
color
clarity

Super small wedding ideas

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1335279006|3179375 said:
Phdecorate|1335273482|3179310 said:
Ok......so SO and I talked about this a bit last night. He said he really doesn't feel the need to share the wedding with anyone else, he likes the idea of just the two of us with my parents....a really nice dinner....and put the rest towards our honeymoon. It is a second marriage for both of us. He also thinks we should either get married in Sept and go away in Oct or do both in Oct. We usually take a vacation in Oct and he likes the idea of that always being an anniversary trip for us. :love:

So back to the plans for four.....wedding on beach, followed by dinner somewhere? I started thinking, what about a boat, but what if that this too cool/windy/rough waters. B&B wedding and dinner following?
Great! I think October sounds like a winner then! What a sweet idea :)
If it's just going to be you two and your parents, I'd think a really nice dinner would be lovely. I'm more hesitant about the B&B idea now if it's just the 4 of you though. Staying in the same (small) place could make for an awkward wedding night. And a lot of B&Bs include meals and you probably want something nicer than that for your wedding dinner.

You also said the weather in October is iffy. I'm not one to chance weather, so I'd probably try and find a venue where you can be married inside that is still beautiful.

Well, I can tell you if it was a B&B close by, my parents would drive home, my dad would be more comfortable, so no worries about that. Agree about the food though, have to check that out. There is a very cute small restaurant in a little town not far from here, one of those farm to table places and it is awesome. I wonder if I went with during the week if I could have the whole thing, even just for four. They have an upstairs, but again, harder for my dad to get up the steps.

Would it be weird to eat all dressed up in a wedding dress in the middle of others who may be in jeans? Yes, I know, it is what makes me comfortable, I am just trying to picture it!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1335288894|3179523 said:
Well, I can tell you if it was a B&B close by, my parents would drive home, my dad would be more comfortable, so no worries about that. Agree about the food though, have to check that out. There is a very cute small restaurant in a little town not far from here, one of those farm to table places and it is awesome. I wonder if I went with during the week if I could have the whole thing, even just for four. They have an upstairs, but again, harder for my dad to get up the steps.

Would it be weird to eat all dressed up in a wedding dress in the middle of others who may be in jeans? Yes, I know, it is what makes me comfortable, I am just trying to picture it!
That's good! I don't think it would be weird at all. I probably wouldn't go SUPER casual for dinner, but I don't think you'd be out of place in a suit and wedding dress, presuming you're not going for the full on Princess Ball Gown with tiara and all of course ;-)

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1335307996|3179793 said:

That's good! I don't think it would be weird at all. I probably wouldn't go SUPER casual for dinner, but I don't think you'd be out of place in a suit and wedding dress, presuming you're not going for the full on Princess Ball Gown with tiara and all of course ;-)

Ha ha no tiara and full ball gown for this girl!! my first wedding I had a Vera Wang gown. It was beautiful and very expensive ( thanks mom). I definitely want to be more low key! I actually have a maybe dress. I saw this gorgeous literally on clearance for $40 from about $500 dress, it is ivory, halter with lace and a lace string tie vneck front with the front coming to mid calf and the back I guess closer to ankle. It is too big on top so it would have to be altered, but it could work for a wedding and seemed perfect for a beach wedding, it was "flowy" if that makes sense so I bought it. I figured I could not go wrong and I could have it as an option but still look around some more as I am not quite sure it's what I want and it may be hard to alter.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1335308900|3179808 said:

Ha ha no tiara and full ball gown for this girl!! my first wedding I had a Vera Wang gown. It was beautiful and very expensive ( thanks mom). I definitely want to be more low key! I actually have a maybe dress. I saw this gorgeous literally on clearance for $40 from about $500 dress, it is ivory, halter with lace and a lace string tie vneck front with the front coming to mid calf and the back I guess closer to ankle. It is too big on top so it would have to be altered, but it could work for a wedding and seemed perfect for a beach wedding, it was "flowy" if that makes sense so I bought it. I figured I could not go wrong and I could have it as an option but still look around some more as I am not quite sure it's what I want and it may be hard to alter.
PICS?!?!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I really have no ideas for you (sorry! :???: ) but I'm enjoying reading the ideas that everyone else has! I'm struggling with this very same issue for my future wedding; I don't really feel like I need or want anyone else to be there, but I guess I feel obligated to have at least a few select people there.

Good luck with your plans, and I'll definitely keep you posted if I come up with any great ideas!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1335309018|3179809 said:
Phdecorate|1335308900|3179808 said:

PICS?!?!

Ok, hang on, let me go take one

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
sorry, they are not very good pics. I was trying to take them with the ipad quickly, I don't know why my ipad pics never look clear (is it me - you guys are the Apple experts). But I think you can get an idea. And I thought it could DEFINITELY pass for a wedding dress, right? So it could be the one, or maybe I will find something else, I have not even thought to look at all. Let me know what you think!

I also saw an article somewhere about the something blue and they showed blue shoes, they looked so unexpected....not sure that would work for me.....but you never know.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
star sparkle|1335309300|3179811 said:
I really have no ideas for you (sorry! :???: ) but I'm enjoying reading the ideas that everyone else has! I'm struggling with this very same issue for my future wedding; I don't really feel like I need or want anyone else to be there, but I guess I feel obligated to have at least a few select people there.

Good luck with your plans, and I'll definitely keep you posted if I come up with any great ideas!

Well it is YOUR wedding.......so follow the lead...invite only those you WANT to! =) =) =) It is a great way to get other ideas though...do you have anything in mind for yours yet?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woo! I like all this talk in here! I like that dress's lace detailing. I can BARELY see it, but I can tell it's really feminine and delicate! I like it! What are you going to wear over it, if you do an evening Oct wedding? Shoes? Hair? I can totally picture that dress and pearl stud earrings.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1335324940|3180002 said:
woo! I like all this talk in here! I like that dress's lace detailing. I can BARELY see it, but I can tell it's really feminine and delicate! I like it! What are you going to wear over it, if you do an evening Oct wedding? Shoes? Hair? I can totally picture that dress and pearl stud earrings.

Well I do have pearl studs but I usually wear my diamond studs every day so probably those ( they were m y grandma's). I would probably just be cold and wear nothing over it, however, I do have this ivory cashmere cardigan with pearl buttons that was my mom's from when she was 16 (!!!!!) Maybe that, it would fill "something old" right? No idea about shoes. Or hair...might depend on the venue. And not sure this is the dress for sure. I will probably take it to a tailor and get it started and see what else is out. SO is talking early October and he brought up Costa rica for a honeymoon. Any of you ladies ever been there?

audball

Ideal_Rock
It's pretty! Do you feel bridal in it? That would be the key! That would DEFINITELY be appropriate to wear out to dinner with your new husband!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1335359561|3180206 said:
madelise|1335324940|3180002 said:
Well I do have pearl studs but I usually wear my diamond studs every day so probably those ( they were m y grandma's). I would probably just be cold and wear nothing over it, however, I do have this ivory cashmere cardigan with pearl buttons that was my mom's from when she was 16 (!!!!!) Maybe that, it would fill "something old" right? No idea about shoes. Or hair...might depend on the venue. And not sure this is the dress for sure. I will probably take it to a tailor and get it started and see what else is out. SO is talking early October and he brought up Costa rica for a honeymoon. Any of you ladies ever been there?

oh you can't describe things w/o showing us pics!! that cardigan sounds lovely! i think halter tops look great with a side pony tail or braid.. just a thought! like tease it at the crown, but bring it down to a side tie, and curl the ends?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Ditto madelise! Pics please! :naughty:

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Sorry ladies....work has been hectic and SO has been around. I will see if I can get a few taken today. We are definitely focusing on October. There was an article in the local paper about top local wedding locations. The place where we live has a clubhouse with nice, ok they are gorgeous, views and it is ranked #10. They also have a gazebo that you can married in/under. However, I do NOT like th food. AT ALL. I am not sure If you could get married and then go eat somewhere? however, not sure I want to get getting marked and see the neighbors either...thoughts?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1335701697|3183377 said:
Sorry ladies....work has been hectic and SO has been around. I will see if I can get a few taken today. We are definitely focusing on October. There was an article in the local paper about top local wedding locations. The place where we live has a clubhouse with nice, ok they are gorgeous, views and it is ranked #10. They also have a gazebo that you can married in/under. However, I do NOT like th food. AT ALL. I am not sure If you could get married and then go eat somewhere? however, not sure I want to get getting marked and see the neighbors either...thoughts?

you live somewhere that has a clubhouse? :confused:

There's one place I was planning on booking for my 2011 didn't-happen wedding. It was gorgeous. But it also had less than great food. I inquired about giving them recipes or tweaking theirs. They were willing to work w/ me on the menu because I had very strict guidelines (Grandma can't eat seafood, male chickens, or beef.. and SO's family can't eat pork).

Another restaurant I inquired at, where we've celebrated almost all our 6 month incremented anniversaries at, also agreed on cooking what I wanted.

Tackle that issue first by inquiring with the clubhouse. If they'll agree to tweak their menu or recipes, you only need to figure out if you're okay with seeing your neighbors ;-)

You owe us cardigan photos!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1335757843|3183768 said:
Phdecorate|1335701697|3183377 said:

you live somewhere that has a clubhouse? :confused:

There's one place I was planning on booking for my 2011 didn't-happen wedding. It was gorgeous. But it also had less than great food. I inquired about giving them recipes or tweaking theirs. They were willing to work w/ me on the menu because I had very strict guidelines (Grandma can't eat seafood, male chickens, or beef.. and SO's family can't eat pork).

Another restaurant I inquired at, where we've celebrated almost all our 6 month incremented anniversaries at, also agreed on cooking what I wanted.

Tackle that issue first by inquiring with the clubhouse. If they'll agree to tweak their menu or recipes, you only need to figure out if you're okay with seeing your neighbors ;-)

You owe us cardigan photos!

Well...let me clarify...it is a clubhouse b/c it's there is a golf course, but it is open to the public. It has a restaurant and a bar and they do a lot of catering. There are a lot of these types of "clubhouses" that do catering events around b/c there are so many golf courses I guess. My neighbor actually got married there too.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Will try for the photos later today!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Does the clubhouse do weddings as small as yours? It sounds like it is set up to host full on weddings. I'm not sure the price would be conducive to one your size...particularly if food is a concern. I doubt they'd rent it out to such a small party for a weekend day when they could be booking a full on wedding. Right? And if you're not excited about the food, that doesn't sound great either.

Can't wait to see more pics though!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1335796703|3183983 said:
Does the clubhouse do weddings as small as yours? It sounds like it is set up to host full on weddings. I'm not sure the price would be conducive to one your size...particularly if food is a concern. I doubt they'd rent it out to such a small party for a weekend day when they could be booking a full on wedding. Right? And if you're not excited about the food, that doesn't sound great either.

Probably not per se, however, since we live here, and we are thinking about just doing a weekday, I would think we could use the gazebo. Maybe not have the whole restaurant. Which could be for the best, ha ha. So possibly, use the gazebo, get married, take pics on the course and go somewhere else for dinner! I am not sure how much they would charge? Maybe minimal if you don't have much involved but the outside?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1335805325|3184069 said:
audball|1335796703|3183983 said:

Probably not per se, however, since we live here, and we are thinking about just doing a weekday, I would think we could use the gazebo. Maybe not have the whole restaurant. Which could be for the best, ha ha. So possibly, use the gazebo, get married, take pics on the course and go somewhere else for dinner! I am not sure how much they would charge? Maybe minimal if you don't have much involved but the outside?
Okay, then they'll probably work with that on a weekday. And I agree, avoiding their inside at all and their catering, etc would be best! Just hit your favorite dinner restaurant afterwards!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So I found this place as a possibility for my own super small wedding, and I'm wondering if you might have something similar in your area? This venue does it all, from larger weddings to small elopement-type weddings. If I decide to do a local wedding instead of destination elopement/wedding, this will probably be my frontrunner for venue.

http://www.churchillmanor.com/napa-elopements.html

I like that while they have the capability for larger weddings with 100+ guests, they offer smaller packages for people like me who just want something small and don't have to commit to a huge venue, min. guest counts, etc.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Here are two pics from weddings at the clubhouse that I found on line....what do you ladies think? Could not find one with the gazebo in it!
golfwedding.jpg
golfwedding2.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It looks very intimate!! I would love that. A gazebo sounds wonderful...too bad you can't find any pictures!!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i love the pics of the wedding at the clubhouse!! :mrgreen: Very intimate and romantic!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
love love love the dress! it would be perfect for an intimate beach wedding!

Is the clubhouse near a beach or would it be somewhere else, and if you did the club house would you invite more people? I did kinda like your intimate moment idea as it would be quick and easy with less stress and a dinner later.

yes?

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
nicstx|1335985322|3185875 said:
love love love the dress! it would be perfect for an intimate beach wedding!

Is the clubhouse near a beach or would it be somewhere else, and if you did the club house would you invite more people? I did kinda like your intimate moment idea as it would be quick and easy with less stress and a dinner later.

yes?

Yes, it is very near the beach, just not ON the actual beach/ocean. No, we are definitely going to stick to the four of us (us and my parents)! I really like the small and intimate idea of it.

Glad you like the dress. I could not pass it up when I saw it but I do want to explore a little bit more. There might be something i like better. This was just a random find!! The dress is too big and will have to be altered, ESP on top :errrr: Yesterday SO said he pictured himself in a white shirt and khakis (maybe linen - but don't think that is right for October unless it happens to be hot) and me in a short dress. Hmmm...not sure about SHORT...but...
--------
Thanks for the yes votes ladies on the clubhouse. I will try to find some pics of other potentials to compare.....

audball

Ideal_Rock
Love that place star sparkle!

And Phd, that location is gorgeous too!

I'm loving all of these intimate elopement plans!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results