shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
We have read that Elizabeth II puts on her tiaras/diademe herself, but have you seen her actually do it? You have the unique chance to see Her Majesty do so in one of these behind-the-scenes photos (kindly offered by the the DM) from the taking of the famous holographic portrait in 2004.
The artice+photos can be found here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...otos-reveal-intimate-moments-Her-Majesty.html

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Adorable picture of HM, isn't it, Bobby? Made me smile -- putting on her fabulous tiara exactly as I would a hat!

I wasn't able to open those picturedesk photos; my computer simply said NO.

Last week I bought a wonderful book about Romanov jewels, read the entire thing in one day, couldn't stop. The photos are absolutely marvelous. I'll put some up here soon.

--- Laurie

Teriann

Rough_Rock
JewelFreak|1334708103|3173758 said:
I wasn't able to open those picturedesk photos; my computer simply said NO.

--- Laurie

Funny you said that Laurie, I thought it was just me (like maybe I was using the wrong browser).

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Apparently the links don't work. I can't open them either. I'll post the photos here later today.

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Máxima​
20120417_PD2562.jpg

And a couple of new photos:​

Princess Margreit apparently wore the small sapphire tiara and her sapphire earrings (almost the same combo as in New York)​
20120417_PD6817.jpg

It seems that Mrs Hayrünnisa Gül had "forgotten" to put on the sash of her new Dutch decoration :D
20120417_PD6773.jpg

Bobby

sonudagr88

Rough_Rock
Mary in the ruby parure. The white elephant on the sash is one of the Orders given by the Royal House of Denmark.

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting the photos of the Thai royal family jewels. They were very lovely to look at, perhaps some of the history of various pieces could be shared. Thanks so much.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1334919224|3175998 said:
Thank you for posting the photos of the Thai royal family jewels. They were very lovely to look at, perhaps some of the history of various pieces could be shared. Thanks so much.

I'm affraid that little is known about the jewels of the Thai royal family. Basicly what is known is that some jewels have been in the family for the past century (the historically important jewels come from Queen Saovabha Phongsri [the fringe tiara/necklace, the diamond rivieres]), while others (most?) have been aqured for Queen Sirikit and other family members. Of course, they also have the jewelled belts and they might be the oldest jewels that are still worn today. As can be seen in photos, in her early years as Queen, Sirikit wore a vast array of jewels, many of which were antique in design (pre-20c.)., but now tends to year only a small selection of them, like her sapphires, two emerald drop necklaces and matching earrings, the huge pearls and some impressive rubies. Her Majesty also wears some nice modern diamond sets these days (as can be seen in por1991's photos).

Bobby

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
Some pics of HM The Queen Saovabha Phongsri ,the first female Regent of Siam.

saovabha%205.jpg

saovabha%201.jpg

Saovabha%204.jpg

saovabha%207.jpg

saovabha%206_0.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AmayasV|1335024850|3177167 said:

Gorgeous! Thank you, AmayasV, for these photos.
I believe that the coloured stones in the second photo are sapphires. Would anybody know it this is true?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On the second day of the Turkish State Visit to the Nerlands (18th April), the hosts were treated to a concert by the Turkish Youth Filharmonisch Orchestra at the Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen in A'dam. The event saw the same members of the Dutch Royal Family that attended that State Banquet the previous night - The Queen, The Prince of Orange & Princess Máxima, Princess Margriet & Pieter van Vollenhoven.
Queen Betrix wore a new combination of old jewels - the ear pendants from the ruby parure attached to the earrings from the Borneo set and the brooch from the same ruby parue (by Mellerio dits Meller) and a small ruby and diamond bangle:
A very nice photo of HM - http://cdn.monarchypress.com/1/145534f8fab1ef1e81267667131.jpg
http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=3&ShowPicture=18076597&pos=28

Princess Máxima wore her pearl necklace, new pearl and diamond earrings and one of the multi-row pearl and diamond bracelets:
http://cdn.monarchypress.com/1/145534f8fab58e457c460023893.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2012/PPE12041874.jpg

It appears that among the few jewels that Princess Margriet wore was the pearl and diamond Daisy brooch that belonged to Queen Juliana; it also looks like HRH also wore two stone diamond earrings:
http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=18729426&pos=10

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy (slightly belated) birthday, Your Majesty! May you have a wonderful year and many happy returns! :)

lilibethsapphireso.jpg
Queen-Elizabeth-II-diamonds.jpg
tumblr_m0496t3kBW1qgz8jvo1_400.jpg
south-african-banquet.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday (20th), Her Majesty The Queen attended the Dubai Duty Free Race Day at Newbury Racecourse Newbury, England. For the visit Her Majesty wore one of her favourites, though not seen much lately - a diamond and pearl brooch of uncertain provenance. Note that The Queen also wore a singe strand of pearls and simple pearl studs - clearly a private visit ;-)

143181375.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...ai-duty-free-race-day-at-news-photo/143181375

Bobby

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1335046793|3177391 said:
AmayasV|1335024850|3177167 said:

Gorgeous! Thank you, AmayasV, for these photos.
I believe that the coloured stones in the second photo are sapphires. Would anybody know it this is true?

Bobby

The coloures stones are emeralds. after Queen Saovabha's death the stones was given to the future Queen Ranbhai Barni ,her daughter in law.

Saovabha%203.jpg

rambhai%20barni%202.jpg

rambhai%20%20barni%203.jpg

rambhai%20barni%204.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AmayasV|1335060615|3177530 said:
The coloures stones are emeralds. after Queen Saovabha's death the stones was given to the future Queen Ranbhai Barni ,her daughter in law.

Thanks again, AmayasV! I knew about Queen Rambhai Barni's emeralds, but failed to make the connection to the ones worn by her mother-in-law. It seems, though, that Rambhai Barni had the necklace altered, no? And it looks like the larger drop of the devant-de-corsage was used on a new brooch, which may have been made using the very large stone from the brooch that was worn over the sash, while the top part of the d-d-c was turned into a bracelet. Is there any truth in that?

I have read that some of the emeralds were sold when Rama VII and his Queen were in exile in England. Do you know if this true?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday, HRH Princess Carolina de Bourbon de Parme, daughter of the late Duke of Parma & Princess Irene of the Netherlands, married civily to Albert Brenninkmeijer, a member of the prominent Brenninkmeijer family, in Wijk bij Duurstede. The relegious wedding is going to take place at later date in Florence.
To stay on topic - Princess Carolina wore her granmother Juliana's diamond and (light blue) sapphire drop earrings ;-)

The "official" photos can be seen in this link - http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=21-04-2012 Wijk

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A while ago I fown some nice and rare photos of royal and noble ladies, but sadly lost the links some time later. Anyway... today while searching for sth else I found one of the photos and remebered that there was something I wanted to ask here.
The photograph (see link) shows the then Lord & Lady Romesy attending the celebrations for the Golden wedding anniversary of HM The Queen & HRH The Duke of Edinburgh in 1997. What caught my attention is Penny Romsey's brooch, which does look very much like a brooch that onced belonged to her husband's great aunt - Queen Louise of Sweden.

You can see the photo from 1997 here - http://alphapress.photoshelter.com/...M1sNp4Rz8X2xK1eEfnENvi1MSi5AwAx5ogOQ--&GI_ID=

And one of Queen Louise whit what might be the same brooch:
Drottlouise2.jpg

So, what would you say?

There is a bigger reason in why I'm interested in the possible fate of the brooch - not long ago a relieble poster on another board said that both this brooch and Queen Louise's sapphire and diamond spray brooch belong to the same person. He did not disclose the identity of the owner, but it made me think who it might be. We know that QL left her private jewels to various relatives, so it would make sence that these were (possibly!) left to her brother ;-)
The sapphire and diamond brooch worn with the Leuchtenberg sapphires:
Sapphires_Sweden_Louise.jpg

Bobby

Teriann

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1335051280|3177451 said:
Happy (slightly belated) birthday, Your Majesty! May you have a wonderful year and many happy returns! :)

lilibethsapphireso.jpg

A fantastic smile always goes well with sapphires like these :D Happy birthday indeed!​

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1335138820|3178056 said:
A while ago I fown some nice and rare photos of royal and noble ladies, but sadly lost the links some time later. Anyway... today while searching for sth else I found one of the photos and remebered that there was something I wanted to ask here.
The photograph (see link) shows the then Lord & Lady Romesy attending the celebrations for the Golden wedding anniversary of HM The Queen & HRH The Duke of Edinburgh in 1997. What caught my attention is Penny Romsey's brooch, which does look very much like a brooch that onced belonged to her husband's great aunt - Queen Louise of Sweden.

You can see the photo from 1997 here - http://alphapress.photoshelter.com/...M1sNp4Rz8X2xK1eEfnENvi1MSi5AwAx5ogOQ--&GI_ID=

And one of Queen Louise whit what might be the same brooch:
Drottlouise2.jpg

So, what would you say?

There is a bigger reason in why I'm interested in the possible fate of the brooch - not long ago a relieble poster on another board said that both this brooch and Queen Louise's sapphire and diamond spray brooch belong to the same person. He did not disclose the identity of the owner, but it made me think who it might be. We know that QL left her private jewels to various relatives, so it would make sence that these were (possibly!) left to her brother ;-)
The sapphire and diamond brooch worn with the Leuchtenberg sapphires:
Sapphires_Sweden_Louise.jpg

Bobby

hi

long time since i were here.
i tried to find more photos from the event but i could not

but this is intresting

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
WELCOME BACK, Josefine! Come on in & stay a spell! We've missed you.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, dearest Josefine! I've been missing you here a lot!

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This night at the State Banquet in Berlin HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg wore Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte's citrine and diamond bandeau, earrings, bracelet and pendant (part of the muc larger necklace?). The tiara was last seen on Princess Alxandra of Luxembourg at the banquet for the national day last year.
05grandduc-fe7a4da50317d0ed75bbaba07d8d9be5.jpg
http://www.lessentiel.lu/diashow/22983/05grandduc-fe7a4da50317d0ed75bbaba07d8d9be5.jpg

04grandduc-959eff0565834c43586b2150971014ea.jpg
http://www.lessentiel.lu/diashow/22983/04grandduc-959eff0565834c43586b2150971014ea.jpg

*TRH the Grand Duke & the Grand Duchess are on a three day State Visit to Germany
More photos from the events today can be seen here: http://www.tageblatt.lu/nachrichten/story/24034191
and here: http://www.lessentiel.lu/fr/news/do...atsbesuch-mit-Tafelsilber-im-Gep--ck-29042244

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Teriann|1335199190|3178516 said:
prince.of.preslav|1335051280|3177451 said:

lilibethsapphireso.jpg

A fantastic smile always goes well with sapphires like these :D Happy birthday indeed!​

LOL I think you're right :razz:

On another note - Looking at this photo again and again, I had to wonder if Elizabeth II is going to host another "Thank you" dinner at the end of this year??? The one in 2002 (when the photo was taken) was a very nice gesture to her extended family and friends, I think.

Bobby​

peggylee65

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone...

I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hello and ty for all the great pics, comments and info on the Royals. I've learned alot and have had a great time learning from this site. So once again, thank you!!

Belated Happy Birthday to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II and may you be blessed with many more!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! Hope you keep enjoying the forum -- and others. It is a big upper to roam through all the sparkles!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results