Super_Ideal_Rock
I gagged just seeing that. Ugh.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
YUCK! WHY!?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ridiculous. People's stupid behavior/actions will never cease to amaze me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just weird. Why don't they do liposuction or take pills or something if they can't get their butts to the gym? lol There are so many other options these days!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
$1500 and you can lose 20 pounds in 10 days. And women are signing up!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu|1334610374|3172682 said:

What happens when the tube is taken out? :wacko:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein
:D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1334610666|3172693 said:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein
:D

LOL. I could not have said it better myself! Thank you iLander and Albert Einstein. :bigsmile:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
MC|1334610654|3172692 said:
lulu|1334610374|3172682 said:

What happens when the tube is taken out? :wacko:

I think it would be hard to keep the weight off.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vanity and stupidity often walk hand in hand. These folks have obviously never had anyone on a feeding tube for medical reasons otherwise they'd know that the way it goes in is usually the way it comes out. Who in their right mind would sign up for this nonsense?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clearly...they are already Brain Dead... So why not? :errrr:

hoover

Shiny_Rock
:-o eeewwww..... :errrr: gross....

Reading that article and seeing the pics made me sick :knockout:

That's just wrong :nono:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
You know if they check back with those women in 6 months every single one of them will have gained that weight back. It's 800 calories a day(so basically 4 slim fast shakes). Lipo removes an average of 6 lbs and can be very painful(I know someone who had it 3 times!), that's why they're doing this instead, plus Lipo can be thousands of dollars. It's ridiculous that a doctor would even offer this. Plus, if I ate 800 calories for 10 days I would NOT lose 20 lbs because I am not 20 lbs overweight so obviously results are going to vary.

I also saw that Snickers is going to stop offering King size candy bars over 400 calories because people can't portion control and think it's a regular candy bar....WTF? If anyone has seen Wall-E, it's not that far off from where we are sometimes.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
makemepretty|1334660843|3173155 said:
You know if they check back with those women in 6 months every single one of them will have gained that weight back. It's 800 calories a day(so basically 4 slim fast shakes). Lipo removes an average of 6 lbs and can be very painful(I know someone who had it 3 times!), that's why they're doing this instead, plus Lipo can be thousands of dollars. It's ridiculous that a doctor would even offer this. Plus, if I ate 800 calories for 10 days I would NOT lose 20 lbs because I am not 20 lbs overweight so obviously results are going to vary.

I also saw that Snickers is going to stop offering King size candy bars over 400 calories because people can't portion control and think it's a regular candy bar....WTF? If anyone has seen Wall-E, it's not that far off from where we are sometimes.

Wow, sooo stupid. A healthy person paying for a feeding tube?

If its 800 calories a day they want to consume, while not smart, there are other ways to acheieve that. Optifast for 1 is only 800 calories a day and it saved my cousins life. But she was morbidly obese at almost 400 lbs. Thats not the same as brides starving for a wedding! And I must point out that my cousin never had a feeding tube! She consumed the shakes 4 or 5 times a day.

800 calorie sa day could also be used to eat just lean protein and fruits and veggies.

Sounds like the Dr. offering these feeding tubes is praying on insecure women with money to burn.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Discouraging to see it used as a mechanism for weight loss! I used to work in eating disorder treatment and many of our clients were terrified to get a feeding tube for fear that it would make them gain weight. That is until they figured out how to manipulate the bag and dump the jevity into unusual places :rolleyes:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
They claim that the liquid is some special combination of fat and protein that keeps you from experiencing hunger. That's the claim, anyway.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
It's kind of confusing to me....if you really wanted to eat, you could swallow around a dobhoff. I've seen patients do that when they can't take it any more. So there's still will power involved. Not to mention that those things are really uncomfortable. The feeding tube is also really easy to pull out. If you're motivated enough to have a dobhoff and starve yourself, you have enough power to crash diet on some shakes, and lose the weight for a lot less money.

ETA: Most of overeating has nothing to do with hunger, so the whole concept is silly.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Why not airbrush your wedding photos... will last a lot longer than any weight you lose before the wedding.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results