shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovemycat557 » 05 Apr 2012 21:10

Let's see if this will work! 2.05 ct solitaire (replica of Vatche Caroline) and still waiting for the appraisal. We went through a local trusted jeweler (who has done work for us before) who appraised the stone at J/K, Si2/I1, Very Good Cut, tentatively, but felt we needed another unbiased appraisal since she sold it to us! I'm so excited to share this with everyone here! More pics to come!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-and-wanting-to-share-my-e-ring.173880/

lovemycat.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ilovethiswebsite » 06 Apr 2012 16:04

Hello Everyone!

We recently had some issues with our Ritani ring... A diamond fell out of the gallery and when we sent it back to Ritani for repair, we became aware that because our jeweler had resized the ring and lowered the diamond, the warranty was void. After much debate, we decided to order a brand new ring. We were never happy with how the diamond in the original ring was set (see original post at [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/woohooo-my-ring-is-back.96259/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/woohooo-my-ring-is-back.96259/[/URL]). Anyhoo glad we decided to fix it in the end... It now sits flush with my wedding bands and the diamond if finally set properly.

PS: As a warning to all those out there - make sure Ritani sets your stone in their ring and resizes your ring instead of your local authorized jeweler so you can avoid problems like the ones we had... We wish we had been aware of this from the start.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-remade-ritani-ring.173930/

ilove.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
emmy88 » 06 Apr 2012 19:39

Hi Everyone,

After waiting for several weeks, I finally received my asscher set in BGD Grace in rose gold. At first, they mistakenly made the ring with a wider 2.5mm setting, so they had to remake it in the original 2.0mm. I have small hands and ring size (3.25) so I think the narrower shank works better for me. Now I have to think about which band to match. This asscher is my 20th proposal anniversary present.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-in-grace-rose-gold-setting.173940/

emmy.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bastetcat » 06 Apr 2012 17:43

Setting is by Simon G in 18k white gold (I can hardly believe it, but that's what I thought would look best and still do)
Stone is .794
AGS 000 H SI1 (though one jeweler was surprised by that and said he would have thought a little higher clarity)
dimension: 5.96x5.99mm
lgf length is 76% (much more to my liking sparkle-wise)
Crown: 34.3
PA: 40.8
depth: 61.4
table: 55.1

HCA was 1.1

ring is 5 7/8 and my finger size is 5.75

Caution, I went crazy with the glamor shots on my I-phone....

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-e-ring-and-its-vintage-side-kick.173933/

bastel.jpg

HelloWorld

Rough_Rock
Amys Bling|1332284387|3153116 said:
Zeya said:
I proposed to my special lady this past Friday. I had gotten quite a bit of help from pricescope, so I want to post here and share for other people to see. Thanks for all your help!

I got the diamond from Brian Gavin in Houston, TX. They also set the diamond in the setting, which came from ID Jewelry in Manhattan - a Gabriel & Company setting. The setting isn't terribly special, really just a solitaire with some added fanciness. (We haven't yet obtained the wedding band - I'm leaving that for closer to the wedding date.) But the diamond is an ideal cut G / VS1 / 1.087 carats. It has medium fluoresence which is a big hit with both of us. It's one of Brian Gavin's "blue" signature series which it seems is relatively new for them, just their hearts and arrows line but for diamonds with blue fluoresence.

BGD was kind enough to provide glamour shots of the completed ring, even though I didn't use their setting.

BrianGavin_Engraved3_030912.jpg
BrianGavin_Engraved1_030912.jpg
BrianGavin_Engraved2_030912_0.jpg
interestingDiamond.jpg
beautiful congrats!

hey do you have a link for the setting. i really like it

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
razorweb » 08 Apr 2012 17:34

First of all, thanks to all of you for all your help. I didn't do a lot of posting, but I did a LOT of reading. This post is the culmination of all of that effort. As a guy, I had absolutely no experience buying diamonds before. What I learned was that the diamond industry is ironically opaque, and you have to be incredibly careful. I am sharing my entire experience with you so that others can learn from my experience.

How I found the stone. I live in NYC, which makes things a lot easier. I started out with recommendations from friends who have bought diamonds in the past. I started out knowing only that my fiancee wanted a cushion. From there, I did everything I could to learn as much as I can about the characteristics of the stone that mattered to me, beyond the rudimentary four C's. After a ton of research I decided that I wanted a cushion brilliant with good symmetry. I went to several dealers I met through friend recommendations, as well as others I learned of through this site (among others, Leon Mege). Ultimately, I went with Chick Polak. He and his wife Nisa were incredibly patient with my difficult request, which was a proportional (1.07 ratio or better) cushion brilliant 3cts or larger and G SI1 or better. It took about 3-4 months to find the stone. Chick learned what I was looking for over time (to be honest, it was a learning process for me as well), which he was generous with. I learned a lot about how to pick a diamond from him and his wife. I decided I wanted a cushion brilliant because in normal cushions, you tend to lose sight of facets in favor of increased brilliance. I liked clear facets because they look more like a round. found that cushion brilliants were rarer than normal cushions, and that proportional cushions were rarer still, and 3 cts and up made the search even more difficult. In retrospect, I can't imagine a better team to search with. Shoot me a pm if you want his contact info. Leon also has great antique cushions if that is what you are into.

The setting. After I got the stone, the effort turned to finding a setter. To me, there were really only two options: Leon Mege, and Steven Kirsch. I met with both of them. I found that personality-wise, I got along better with Steven. Both were great. Leon wanted to do it Leon's way (after all, he is incredibly good at what he does), whereas Steven really spent a lot of time with me to meet my exacting standards (I wanted a setting which would allow a wedding ring to sit flush beside it, with very exposed pave). I also felt more sure that Steven himself would be doing the work, whereas I wasn't as certain with Leon. We spent hours drawing up the design, then he showed me something in CAD. I can't say enough about Steven's courtesy and politeness. The appraiser I used, David Wolf, was particularly impressed with the workmanship.

I put a couple of hidden stones underneath as well. I went for curved stems, a single pave on the halo and on the ring. You can barely see the metal anywhere on this ring. I'll try to find some more pics that show perspective if I can.

For the engagement, I took her on a surprise trip to Paris. Hope this is helpful, and feel free to ask any questions below.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/steven-kirsch-cushion-halo.173984/

razor.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
gemmadoll » 08 Apr 2012 10:30

Hi All... I have been a long time lurker but I think I have only posted once or twice under an old PS username. I am getting hitched in 5 weeks and I wanted to show off my bling!! We got engaged in 2010 with a beautiful Tiffany Novo engagement ring. Finding a wedding band that I like has taken a long time... I didn't like the matching Novo band because I had it in my head that I didn't want a gap between the two rings so in the end we decided to get a band made to fit my engagement ring. I based the design on one that was in the store - I really like the 'V' Shape with the Cushion cut of the Novo. I also went for a slightly thicker band than the Novo as it looks more substantial when worn on its own.

Sorry for the poor photos they are from my iPhone, I will post better images My E Ring is a little too big for me so once I get it resized I think they will sit closer together

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/novo-custom-wedding-band.173971/

gemma.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beakoon » 14 Apr 2012 20:56

We met at Clemson University in 2006, & found out we grew up only 20 minutes away from each other our entire lives! After six wonderful years, we finally got engaged!!!!!!!!! I've never been in any rush, but i've LOVED looking at everyone's posts on here!!! Here are pictures of my engagement ring and my two wedding bands! They are all custom made to fit together perfectly.

The engagement ring has a 1.75 carat Emerald cut center stone with a clarity of VVS2 and J in color. It is surrounded by 4 round brilliant diamonds that are .04 carats each and 2 pear cut diamonds that are .10 carats each. Each of the two wedding bands hold four round brilliant diamonds measuring at .05 each. All three rings are made of Platinum.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/6yrs-of-dating-finally-engaged-d.174266/

beakon.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara » 14 Apr 2012 13:12

I've had this ring for a while but never made a post for it, had some time and figured I'd finally do it!

This lovely beauty is a vintage white gold ring estimated to be from the 1920-30's. The center stone is 1.5c and 7.5mm and is estimated at I color by my local jeweler. On each side of the stone is one 3.5mm OEC, estimated at about 15points. The rest of the surrounding diamonds are about .50ctw and are a mix of single and full cut melee, 1-2 pointers.

When I bought it the side diamonds were badly cut MRB's so I sourced 4 3.5mm OEC's and had my local guy match the two best for the stone, and replace them so that the entire ring was more period. He thinks it may have been a WG replica of an original platinum ring but the middle stone itself is a later OEC almost borderine tranny with a small culet so not entirely sure. My local guy says it's for sure an OEC though and after spending some time with it, I would agree.

The story around this is supposedly it was made in the 20-30's for a woman who wore it throughout her life. When she died, it went to her daughter, who kept it in a safe deposit box and only wore it to visit her mom's grave and for special occasions. When she was 80, she donated her entire estate to her church and the seller I bought it from picked it up in this parcel in 2006. Because of the nature of the ring, the bling bling factor can make it really hard to get pics of it. So he felt like he never did the ring justice and never tried to sell it so kept it in his safe until 2011. He got a new camera, remembered he had the ring, decided to try to take some pics and whala. When I bought it, I planned to just remove the center stone and sell the setting because the pics weren't THAT good, but in person this thing is fantastic and I never want to take it apart. Famous last words...but I am pretty sure I will not disassemble this ring. There's just something about it, it's so beautiful, it fits PERFECTLY on my hand and looks like it belongs there. I feel like fate brought this ring to me... sappy and sentimental yet true. My husband says...'if I'd known that I could have just told you a sappy story and spent 1/2 of what we did on your e-ring, I would have done this years ago when we got engaged'...thanks honey! Hehe. I do have to say that my poor modern round has just been languishing since I got this beauty, I am completely smitten.

The center stone is ridiculously beautiful, with a slightly lower crown but that chunky beautiful pillowy cushioning faceting that just draws your eye. The pictures could never do it justice. It has an SI2 grade gray feather that runs inside the stone and hits the top of the stone at a facet junction. I can only see it in certain lights, but it's definitely a beauty mark.

Anyway enough talk, let's see the pictures!!! I've got a lot to post...
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...lding-out-my-vintage-2-30ctw-oec-ring.174249/

marra.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
PinkPeonies » 15 Apr 2012 11:35

Hello everybody!

Well I never thought I would finally write this! I have been with my wonderful man for 9 years and we have certainly had our ups and downs, but we are here, happier than ever and so excited to become husband and wife! We met in high school in Australia and have been together ever since. I have finished my undergraduate degree in psychology and am completing a postgraduate diploma in primary education as I am wanting to use my psychology degree in schools. My guy has been slogging away finishing a double degree of a bachelor of business and and a bachelor of arts in film and television, and as this is the last year of study for both of us and we don't know where we want to live after this year, (plus the whole, we've been together for 9 years and still love each other like crazy kids thing) we've decided to tie the knot at the end of the year!!! This was especially perfect as we both have family from overseas who were traveling for the graduation as it was so we figured why not make it a double event and have both around the same time! So, getting to the good part, we chose a beautiful ring together, he filled our apartment with flowers and candles, had our songs playing in the background, got down on one knee, and popped the question!!!!! We are so excited for the wedding and all that is to come!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/9-years-is-all-it-takes-3-engaged.174277/

pink.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
msbibliotecaria » 15 Apr 2012 20:44

I've posted pics of my right hand rings, my engagement ring, and my fiance's wedding band, but I took some new pics of all of our wedding bands all together.

Right hand ring posts:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-tiffany-sapphire-and-diamond-rhr.171883/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-tiffany-sapphire-and-diamond-rhr.171883/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-vintage-ring-mine-cut-diamond.173545/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-vintage-ring-mine-cut-diamond.173545/[/URL]

Fiance's wedding band: 10mm titanium band with a matte/brushed finish and a .03 G VS1 diamond set in the center
My E-ring: 1.01 carat F color, SI2, princess cut stone in white gold
My wedding band: Vintage white gold band with two rows of diamonds (14 diamonds totaling .40 cts, 4.7 mm wide in the front). Guessing it dates from around the 1940's.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/all-of-our-wedding-rings-in-one-post.174295/

msbib.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
victoriouslegion » 13 Apr 2012 21:06

The piece: ~45 pointer stones, 7+ carat, F/G, VS clarity eternity band. You can see the list of minimums I had for Mark prior to agreeing to moving forward in another thread I'll like, but here's a short list: no clouds, no pins, 100% eye clean, no haze, excellent cut, the list goes on and on.

The company: Engagement Rings Direct led by Mark Turnowski @ http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/

Before everything else: Caveat emptor, your mileage may vary, etc., and this was my experience, but given that I've basically hear nothing but exemplary praise of Mark, and this experience, I believe he is worthy of recommendation.

First, Mark as an operator. He was personable, and his patience was meaningful -- I told him my standards were ridiculously high, over and over and over and over again -- 5-7 times at minimum I imagine. He was unperturbed. He told me he'd hand select every diamond. He told me I'd have his focus. And, now having the piece and seeing him back his words up throughout the process, I am convinced he was, in fact, invested in letting me have a great experience. I emailed him probably 25 times in the 2.5 weeks it took to close the deal and produce the piece.

Second, research: I must have read hundreds of posts on eternity bands. Mark came up as someone reputable -- there is certainly at least one other reputable jeweler that came up more frequently, but something... something told me he was the right guy for me. Your mileage may vary, but for me, Mark somehow felt right. So I took the plunge!

Third, receiving and vetting the piece: There are some high end jewelers where I live. When I first opened the box and examined the piece Mark Turnowski had created, I thought it was beautiful. But within an hour of bringing it into other lighting conditions [I originally opened it in the kitchen], the sparkle off this ring led me to a nearly uncontrollable: oh my... oh my. But that wasn't enough; I had to compare it with goods at another high end operator.

I took the piece over to one of the most famous highest end jewelers in the area [ I live in a major metropolis area ] to do an in person comparison... and... I put Mark's creation against some of the best eternity bands they had available.

I mean it seriously: I genuinely felt Mark's piece surpassed every eternity band I reviewed noticeably. Their pieces were great, but Mark's piece really felt like it was at a different level, period. The big thing for me is a much looser definition of clarity -- I mean the ability to to simple see the beauty of the diamonds and the sheer fiery felt unrivaled. I'm, by nature, critical of diamonds -- like many Price Scopers, I've loved diamonds since I was little and studied them for years. So when I say I am pleased with how the piece compared, I really am.

I'll leave you with one other quick story from my vetting adventure. When I walked into a top jeweler, there was a fairly senior sales rep in there that within about 30 seconds of me coming into the large showroom asked to look at the ring -> indicating she had seen it across the room. But perhaps the most compelling part was that I think I may have seen a reaction on her face I'd never quite seen from what some might consider a bit of stodgy atmosphere: genuine, perhaps begrudging, admiration and awe. I doubt they are used to people walking in with pieces at this size and quality.

I am incredibly glad I went with Mark. Look, you and I, we will probably never meet in person... but if Mark delivers for you like he delivered for me, I think I'd frankly have no problems making him my jeweler for a lifetime. It's probably obvious, but I am honest to goodness incredibly pleased. Yes, yes, caveat emptor, etc./your mileage may vary, but if this experience is any indicator, Mark is potentially the best jeweler I or my family has ever worked with, period. I'd seen him recommended before, but now I can also testify to his expertise. I am so incredibly glad to have collaborated with this artisan and expert.

Oh, and here's probably even higher praise: we are working on more pieces as we speak. If we end up going and building the pieces, expect another thorough review of our experience.

Thank you Mark!!!!! Thank you LA Love and Asscher Girl for sharing about your beautiful pieces.

Pictures [ I will try to put up more and better ones later, they really fail to do the piece's beauty and fire justice. Also, I'm a guy with fairly large hands, so the ring is going to look a bit smaller than it does in person. Also, for some reason all the pictures are inverting when I'm posting them, but you can expect me to try and post some more up later:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...i-eternity-band-genius-7-carat-f-g-vs.174229/

victor.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLCALI » 15 Apr 2012 23:38

Hi everyone! I have been lurking on Pricescope for years now, and I just wanted to say an official "hello" after recently signing up for my own account. I am truly **obsessed** with this site and have learned so much from all of you! I have been married for 6 years now, and I am in the process of selecting a reset for my 2.4 ct RB center stone. The setting was made for a much smaller center, and it's really time to find my stone a new home.

I would love to have a halo made by Victor Canera, Maytal or Steven Kirsch. They all do such amazing work, and I can hardly contain my excitement when I think of wearing one of their pieces! My only concern (besides draining my bank account ) is that my stone is an EGL-USA H color, and I know that the melee on these rings will bring out the tint in my center stone.

I recently upgraded from a 2.01 ct H that had faint fluorescence, and that stone definitely appeared whiter overall. My new stone is really gorgeous though - I love how I can see the arrows so clearly, it scores 1.9 on HCA, and it looks very white most of the time. She definitely shows her tint under my office lights and in the car. I'm hesitant to upgrade yet again, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get a stone with fluorescence again before I move forward with the reset. I am really looking forward to the day when I have my forever ring that I never need to mess with again!!

Anyway, onto the main attraction. Here are the stats on my ring, along with some pics!

Measurements: 8.80 - 8.71 x 5.10mm
Color: H
Cut Grade: EGL very good
Clarity: SI2 (there is one cloud near the surface that is only visible in direct sunlight)
Depth: 58.3%
Table: 61%
Crown: 32.5
Pavilion: 40.5
Culet: small
Polish: excellent
Symmetry: very good
Fluorescence: none

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ro-pics-of-my-2-4-ct-rb-need-opinions.174302/

llcal.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
callalily » 14 Apr 2012 06:27

After months of agonizing over potential wedding bands (including returning one poorly-fitting custom u-prong eternity), I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy the Tiffany 7 stone shared setting band when I travelled to the US recently for a conference. This was because a) I could try on the different sizes right there, and choose which one felt the best, b) it was really low-set, and is less likely to damage my engagement ring. I also bought the 6mm yellow gold Lucida band for my fiance, which he loves.

My lovely fiance is a photographer and took some beautiful photos of our rings for me today. Pictured is my size 5 engagement ring, the diamond from Whiteflash (A Cut Above 1.12 ct I colour VS1), and my new wedding band, size 4.5 with 7 .08 ct diamonds.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-7-stone-shared-setting-wedding-band.174240/

call.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cavluv » 14 Apr 2012 14:23

I was lucky enough to receive this ring from my now fiancé 2 weeks ago. We began our ring shopping process a couple of months back, and both fell in love with the Soleste @ Tiffany. However, we had a very difficult time finding the right center stone. We wanted a width/length ratio of near 1:1, but the only Soleste styles that fit this ratio were smaller center stones (I think the biggest one was about .62 ct). PLUS, the price for the 1 ct center was nearly $25k. I don't remember the exact specs on that stone, but it was 1.02 ct, F/VS1. Their .65 center Soleste was just under $12k for an H/IF. We have since learned this is supremely overpriced.

About a week of research on PS led my fiancé to Mark @ Engagement Rings Direct. We were both hesitant to buy a cushion online, but we both could not be more pleased. We learned more about cut and light performance. Mark had an antique cushion (I think they are called his "a cut beyond") that was nearly square, with a spread bigger than the 1 ct @ Tiffany's. Mark told my boyfriend he could make a version of the Tiffany Soleste, and I was a bit dubious that it would look the same. I really wanted a delicate band and very delicate halos.

Then I thought someone else had bought the stone because there were a few people on PS discussing it/recommending it (thanks to Gypsy!!). My heart sank but I knew Mark could find us another stone if we were patient. Turns out, my boyfriend had snapped up the stone immediately...I had no idea!

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gz4vWQD1Qw

Here are the specs:

Cushion Brilliant
1.05 ct H/VVS2
6.26 x 6.22 x 3.93 mm
1:1.01 ratio
table: 50.6%
depth: 63.1%
ring size: 6

The pictures do not really show how much the smaller inner halo "absorbs" into the center stone. In person, it makes the already gorgeous center stone look even bigger. It almost looks like there is just one halo. At the outset, I was kind of opposed to a double halo because I didn't think it would look as good as the Soleste, but boyfriend really loved it and Mark echoed his sentiments, and in the end I am SO glad they went that direction. The ring is simply gorgeous and I have received countless compliments! It is delicate but still a major eye-catcher. Ladies, this is why we should never compromise on CUT!!

Sorry if I've made the post too long, but I tried to include everything because I remember how much we appreciated all the info we could find during our research phase.

Enjoy some professional shots from Mark, as well as hand shots. And let me add an overwhelming vote of confidence and full recommendation to both Mark & Chris @ ERD. We are going to New York for my birthday/graduation in June and can't wait to meet them in person!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-fab-ring-by-mark-erd.174252/

cav.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eddiesmom » 14 Apr 2012 14:26

Here are my rings. The half eternity band (.60tcw) is my engagement ring and the diamond ring is my wedding ring. Specs of the brilliant cut pear are: 0.99ct, color J and clarity SI1. Half eternity band is from German jeweler bought from Finland and pear diamond ring is from Blue nile.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pear-diamond-ring.174253/

eddie.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2 » 09 Apr 2012 16:57

I'm a bad PSer and rarely post pics of my purchases since I'm not a great photographer, but I am so in love with this new beauty I felt compelled to share! I got it from Jewels by Erica Grace, and as always, they were a pleasure to deal with.

It's a .49 carat rose cut diamond, approximately J color and VS clarity. I'm in love with the chunky faceting! I took a few (terrible) pictures of my own, but I'm also going to upload some of JbEG's awesome pictures so you can see how pretty it really is!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rose-cut-diamond-in-rose-gold-from-jbeg.174016/

thing2.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greenie9876 » 14 Apr 2012 11:42

Hello...after seeing all the beautiful ebands from ID Jewelry...I contacted Luann and ordered the most beautiful band.

It's 16 rounds (our 16th anniversary) totalling 4.23 carats...FG color SI clarity...pricescope quality ala LALove. I'll tell you...the diamonds are stunning.

My pix aren't that great and I need a manicure in the worst way ...but here goes.

Thanks to everyone who recommended IDJ. They were great to work with and the end result is beautiful!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/check-out-my-eternity-band-from-id-jewelry.174248/

greenie.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AnaClare » 12 Apr 2012 17:48

On St. Patty's Day, my now fiance and I decided it was finally time to get married (after five years). I contacted Lesley at BGD as I have worked with them on multiple occassions and they are INCREDIBLE. Lesley worked incredibly hard to find something that was in our budget and would blow my mind. She succeeded! I now am the proud owner of my very own Brian Gavin Blue diamond set in the platinum Melissa setting. I cannot get over the incredible quality of the diamond and setting. Top notch! I take awful shots, but I will try and upload one that shows the amazingness of the sparkle.
Here are the specs:
1.107 ct AGS 000 K, VS2
6.61x6.64x4.09
Flourescence: Medium Blue
Ring size: 5.5

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-rocks-my-world.174177/

ana.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cbass33 » 13 Apr 2012 10:10

First off I want to say thank you to Mark at Engagement Rings Direct (http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/) for guiding me through this process. He was helpful, courteous and (most of all) patient. After much hand wringing on my part I finally chose a lovely emerald cut to fit in a Simon G setting my wife had picked out at a local jewelry store.

The specs:

Carat - 1.24
Color - F
Clarity - VS1
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
Fluorescence - None

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-cut.174205/

cbass.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621 » 10 Apr 2012 14:59

Ok probably less exciting then other rings on this board as we have seen it many times over, but I still wanted to post my ring and thoughts on it! Reset was my DH's present to me for our 5 year anniversary. Love that man!

First the stats:
Center is a 2.04ct RB D SI1
The Emilya Halo solitaire
platinum
.67 melee

Overall the experience with Victor was allright. He responded to emails, met all expectations (said ring would be done in 6 weeks and he meant it to the day!) and was helpful when I had questions. With that said he didn't do anything wrong I just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from him either like I have with other PS vendors. I did ask Victor about a future project and got a lack luster response so I"m going with SK instead as he seems more excitied about it then me! However, I do love the setting that Victor made and I think if I had gone through anyone else I would have always compared it to his work. I do plan on upgrading my ring in the next 10 years to a 4ct cushion and when that happens I won't hesitate to contact Victor again for the same ring reset.

Many thanks to Frankie who posted her ring journey as it led me to Victor and of course Victor for creating my true dream ering.

EDIT: I believe the ring size is between a 5.5 and a 6.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-own-vc-emilya-ring-with-2-04ct-rb.174062/

sarahb.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoveMunkie » 17 Apr 2012 17:00

I posted last summer about some issues we were having with our halo setting/ering. It was a 1.35 H, Cushion stone in a white gold halo/pave setting. We *finally* sorted it out but when we went to look at wedding bands a few months later, I couldn't find one that I liked that would go with it! But, I did fall in love with a 3.33 carat eternity band (size 6 1/2, 33 10 pointers) of G/H colored diamonds...

SSSSOOOOO...I talked my fiance into an upgrade! But no matter how, I haven't been able to figure out a way to afford it with buying our first home together and getting married at the end of May. I've been super stressed and really wanted it NOW but our budget didn't allow for me to get what I wanted from any jeweler that I wanted (Thank you Jon at GOG and Mark at ERD for your great customer service)...So we decided to wait until after the wedding to save up the extra $$$ to get it.

Well, HOLY COW DID MY FIANCE SURPRISE ME!!! In “trade” of an expensive present on our wedding day (he was going to get me antique drop earrings), he decided to put that $$$ toward my upgrade and get it for me as a surprise so I’d have my dream matching set for the wedding!!!

Here's the spec's, its EGL but he had it appraised according to GIA standards so here's what it came out to be:
J SI1 (eye clean - was an "I" and VS2)
2.00 Carat
8.02x7.93x4.95
Depth: 62.1%
Table: 57%
Crown Height: 16%
Pavillion Depth: 42%
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Flurescence: No

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

HCA Score: .9
Setting: Custom “Vatche Swan” 14k Rose Gold Band with 14k White Gold Basket and Prongs.

Finger Size: 6 ½

I only have one picture right now that actually came out but will take more tonight and include a picture of my wedding band. I'm shocked that a "J" is so much whiter than my original "H" Cushion. I thought I was super-sensative to color but only notice a creamy look too it under one light in particular and otherwised am shocked at how white it is - cut really does matter, lol! And the Rose Gold setting compliments is wonderfully! I'm so excited this beautiful thing is sitting on my finger right now!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ose-gold-vatche-swan-inspired-setting.174363/

munkie.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results