shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Bright, I'm so sorry you're feeling low. I do think the crinone makes the already difficult emotions of the ttc process, especially when its been a struggle, that much worse.
I suspect the crinone is amplifying some of my symptoms right now, but the RE said I only need to keep taking it daily until the next u/s (in a week). If everything is OK with the next u/s he'll have me go down to 2-3 times the next week and than off of it entirely by the time I hit around 9 weeks. I know there's a variety of schools of thought about the timing of this, but I'm going to trust the doctor, and also trust that the acupuncture is helping my hormone levels as well.
We're all wishing for the best of outcomes for you -- I certainly know that feeling of dreading the bfp almost as much as the bfn. I wish there was a magic cure for the worry and waiting!! Hang in there and know we are all pulling for you!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dust and hugs and prayers and good things to you, Bright. Thinking of you, my dear.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, I am sorry you are down. Next week will be here before you know it though. And, you really are doing everything you can within your control. Ie, taking the Crinone and having the IUI. I really hope this is it for you, and your sticky bean is here to stay this cycle. Truckloads of sticky dust are on their way to NYC.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Truckloads of dust and good vibes heading your way Bright, I'm so sorry you're feelong down. Thinking of you sweetheart, all fingers and toes are crossed!!

enbcfsobe, great news! How exciting, I am so thrilled for you hon!!

Welcome back Jen! Can't wait for more updates from you, dust dust dust!

So good to see you again Ltl!

tammy, yay for new distraction bling!! Any pics for us non-bling-acquiring souls?? :Up_to_something:

Hi to our other lovely mammas-to-be mp, JGator, Haven and vintagelover! I hope you're all well!

Hurro hurro Trekkie, mlk and Curly! I hope you all had a safe and relaxing weekend!

Sorry for the fly-by post ladies, I'm heading to work in a jiffy but was dying to catch up with everyone, albeit very briefly! Not much new here, I'm exactly 6 weeks today, and right on cue this morning I woke up feeling dizzy and very queasy, which settled after some breakfast. Hopefully that's the full extent of it!
Much love to all!! :wavey: :wavey:

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock

Bright, so sorry to read you are feeling down, although I know it is to be expected with the rollercoaster ride you've had. Sending tons of dust your way. I soooo hope this is it for you. It can be difficult to keep infertility from seeping into everyday life... we just keep hanging in and doing the best we can. I know you're feeling low right now but please know how much I've admired the way you handle yourself and the amazing person I can tell you are.
To answer your question, if we can get a fresh transfer of this next cycle (odds of that aren't so great since we're doing the embryo testing) it would probably be mid-may... just estimating since not sure when my period will start to get this cycle going! If we need to do a frozen transfer we will most likely transfer towards the end of June. The good news is that the success rates of fresh and frozen are basically identical at my clinic.

enbc, congratulations again and thank you for your well wishes.

tammy, I totally get it about the opks. Like puppmom said, it's good you will know for sure that you didn't "lose" a cycle. And believe me, I totally get wanting to distract yourself and not think too too much about ttc.

haven - thanks for your thoughts. So, I remember waaay back you and I joking around about having twins in the wanting but waiting thread... having twins in our family, being taller girls (which you taught me) etc... Curious to see if you actually do end up having 2 little beans in there!!

mlk - good luck catching the egg this month!

mp - thanks for your thoughts. So happy for you that everything is going so great with your little one. Remind me how many weeks you are now?

JGator - thanks for your words. How have you been feeling?

Dandi, thanks so much for the dust! And yay for feeling queasy! (well, you know what I mean)

AFM, DH and I had our appt with the urologist this morning. It wasn't really that great... meaning he didnt bring anything new to the table. He doesnt think the sperm were the reason we lost so many embryos. He also said that while there was a lot of excitment when the sperm DNA fragmentation testing first came out that studies (including one from my clinic) have proved it completely unreliable and that pregnancy rates were just as high among those with "bad" outcomes as those with good. So who knows. My RE had also said the test is unreliable but I still wanted to talk to a urologist. Anyway, he does want to do an ultrasound to completely rule out a varicocele since DH's poor morphology and more sluggish motility are symptoms of that. However, the physical exam he did doesnt point to that being an issue. Plus, we couldnt get an appt for that until early may, by which point I hope to be well into the next IVF cycle. So really, this visit didn't do anything to change our next steps or anything. If anything it just made me agitated, though it's hard to exactly put a finger on why.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jen--I remember that conversation! It will be interesting to see . . . I've also read that milk might up the odds as well because it makes some women hyperovulate, and I go through a couple of gallons a week.

I'm sorry to hear that the urologist didn't bring any new information to the table. Sometimes I just feel better knowing I've explored all the options, even if they don't pan out in any tangible way, so maybe meeting with him was better than continuing to wonder what he would have to say. Here's hoping for good news for you on this next cycle!

Just a drive-by to say congrats to haven!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Super quick question...

I've never gotten it before, but this cycle I think I'm having hormonal acne that coincides with my ovulation. Has anyone else experienced this? It's AWFUL! :errrr: I'm hoping that it's a sign of a stronger ovulation, but who knows! I need to google it, haven't had time though. This week is pretty stressful and TTC thoughts are harder for me to sift through than "oooooh that's pretty!" ones re: sparkly objects. Bah!

Speaking of, my ring comes TODAY! :bigsmile: DH is picking it up at the post office and bringing it to me at work, can't wait! ::)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tammy, strange you mention that. It happened to me this cycle too...and my temp spiked after O when I usually have more of a slow rise. My *acne* (if you can call it that) is just several blind pimples on my face. They feel more like bruises than pimples. Fortunately, they're barely noticeable!

Can't wait to see your ring!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

I wish mine weren't noticeable! :nono: I haven't O'd yet, probably on Saturday but they cropped up yesterday (4 days prior to O). It's really unusual for me. So, does this mean that you're no longer in denial about TTC? ;)) :bigsmile:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tammy77|1334251585|3169375 said:
I wish mine weren't noticeable! :nono: I haven't O'd yet, probably on Saturday but they cropped up yesterday (4 days prior to O). It's really unusual for me. So, does this mean that you're no longer in denial about TTC? ;)) :bigsmile:

:lol: Denial seems to be working for the moment! This is my futile effort at being *relaxed* about it. I keep telling myself that not getting knocked up in the first few months will mean a Spring baby.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Gosh, thank you guys so much for the pick me up just when I need it. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful community of ladies on my side. ::)

tammy, ugh, that sucks! Sorry! I've had a couple of breakouts around o time (and have a whale of a breakout (for me) right now). My best friend always knew she was o'ing because she'd get a big red zit on her nose. She's pregnant now, so maybe it's a good sign! :wink2: Did you get your ring? I hope you love it!
And thanks for your sweet post. Probably MP won't be "barely" pregnant anymore by the time I make it over there. If I make it over there...

pupp, welcome aboard, officially. :naughty: I'm very happy to have you here.

Haven, thanks, sweetie. And wow, that's a lot of milk! Interesting about it promoting ovulation. With your quick pregnancy achievement history, there might be an outbreak of milk drinking on this board.

Jen, thanks for your sweet post. Sometimes I don't feel I'm handling the situation very well as it's definitely seeping into most aspects of my life & I really wish it wasn't. Thank you for your confidence in me. It really means a lot. ::)
I'm sorry the appointment with your DH's urologist didn't give you any new information. I know what you mean about hoping to find out something that will aid in the task at hand. It's frustrating to get no new information. I'm glad to hear your plan for the next cycle & transfer, though. And that's great that the frozen & fresh transfer success rates are nearly identical. You'll be ktfu before you know it! So sorry you've had to go through so much in this process, though. Hugs to you.

Dandi, thanks, sweetheart! I'm sorry about the dizziness & queasiness, but it's probably a good sign. I hope it stays manageable.

JGator, thanks so much. I am ready to sign for that mega dust delivery. :wink2: I'm hoping this is it too.

enbc, thanks for chiming in about the crinone. I definitely feel like it's adding to some symptoms. I'm glad you're able to taper off your dose & discontinue it completely soon. I'm glad that acupuncture is helping you too.
Yep, I'm definitely anxious about both possible outcomes. How are you doing with the worry? I hope you're feeling better & starting to enjoy your pregnancy.

Hi to mlk, mia, curly, trekkie & anyone I missed! :wavey:

afm, I'm feeling a bit better. I've been trying to get out & about & do fun things with DH as much as possible to enjoy our time together & distract myself from all things ttc. (So far this week we've seen a play & taken a tango lesson!) I've started reading into every little symptom, though, which is not a good sign. I guess I'm halfway there now...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bright, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.
Keeping busy is always good. How was the tango lesson? When DH got back from Argentina a few years ago he was obsessed with taking tango lessons! But then we watched some videos on Youtube and realized that we are soooooo not capable of dancing like that. :cheeky:
Do you like to read? Great books are my favorite distraction tool.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Okay I can't handle keeping up with this thread! I'm just going to respond to the last page because otherwise, I would continue to keep putting it off! Sorry if I miss anyone! My new goal is to respond when I can and not try to save it for a huge post that I surely will never have time for anyway!

H A V E N!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: You are such a jerk(store)! I can't believe you got pregnant on your first (half) cycle trying! Although I am a little upset that you be gone from this thread before I officially get in, I will let it slide this one time... ;)) Hoping you have the stickiest bean ever and have an easy fun pregnancy! Congrats girl!

Bright- Sorry you are feeling down lately :(sad I think it's great that you are finding things to do with your hubby as a couple to pass the time. Tango sounds like so much fun! This past year it has really been my focus to do as much as possible child-free things as we can. It doesn't make the waiting any better but I find it a nice distraction!

Tammy- I have acne but it definitely gets worse around ovulation and then it continues until the next cycle! Ugh! On the bright side, my doctor said since my acne is so related to hormones, I will likely have clear skin when I get pregnant. I am soooo hoping he is right. I did start a new skin regimine a few months ago and it seems to be keeping my acne at bay. I am really close to O this cycle and so far my skin is pretty clear! I guess even though it is caused by hormones acne products can still help.

Jen- Glad to see you back! I agree that the banking program sounds like a no-brainer at only a little extra cost. I hope this cycle goes much better and you have many more viable blastocysts!

AFM, CD15 here and the EWCM is rolling so hopefully I'll O soon. My temps are a little less stable that they usually are and I had a crazy dip this morning to 96.66 (my pre-o temps are usually around 97-97.35). I'm just worried that I've lost a few pounds this month and it may be affecting my fertility. I feel like I've mentioned this before, but just in case... When I first started charting a few years ago I had very irregular and sometimes anovulatory cycles. I never thought my weight could have anything to do with it because I was a at a normal healthy weight and it wasn't like I was dieting or exercising regularly. Then I took a break from temping when it was clear that we wouldn't be TTC for a while. Now that we will be TTC, I looked back at my cycles and they have become somewhat regular. The only thing that I think has changed has been that I have gained a few pounds. So it makes me wonder if my weight had anything to do with it... Well I guess the good news is that now I feel really great about my body right now and gaining weight is always easier than losing it. We'll see, I'm probably just freaking out about nothing! I just need to make it through this cycle and it will be "go time!" I seriously can't wait!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone!

I've been away for a long time. Life has been busy, I fell ill with a mystery illness that kicked me in the a** for nearly two years (turned out to be Lyme Disease, Bartonella, and Babesia), the usual crap! But as of this week hubs and I are officially TTC and I thought of PS. Congratulations to Haven and it is wonderful to see you all again! I've missed PS, look forward to coming around more often! :wavey:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hello Sarah and welcome, it's so lovely to have you here!! My goodness hon what a rough couple of years you have had, you poor poor thing! Hopefully a BFP is in your very near future, for what you have gone through! Best of luck!!!! :appl:

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

DandiAndi|1334377187|3170719 said:
Hello Sarah and welcome, it's so lovely to have you here!! My goodness hon what a rough couple of years you have had, you poor poor thing! Hopefully a BFP is in your very near future, for what you have gone through! Best of luck!!!! :appl:

Thank you! It has been, but it's also been great in many ways so I can't complain. We bought a house and now have four furbabies (2 dogs, 2 cats), lol. It's a bit like a zoo, but I love it. :love:

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock

Just a quick question for you ladies...

Have you found that your pre-natals make you horribly thirsty, I mean to the point of cotton mouth at night that wakes you up??? Any suggestions how to curb this, I feel like I am drinking a ton during the day and only retaining the water? Thanks

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

I have a question for all the ladies that stopped BC shortly before beginning TTC...did you get weird symptoms?

Here's my situation: I stopped BC at least twice last year for about a month at a time since my antibiotics were killing it anyway (it literally stopped working at one point..yay). I didn't have any weird symptoms..nothing excessive anyway. Well this time is different. I feel like I got hit by a PMS truck!! It's horrible! Without too much TMI..my boobs hurt like crazy, I am cramping and hurting, everything upsets my stomach, and I am a bit emotional. I've only been off it about a week not counting my inactive week, so it's way too early for it to be pregnancy symptoms. The only other thing I can think of is O symptoms? I don't know..any one else experience this or am I just going nuts? Hopefully I didn't break a TMI rule..

Step..what kind are you using? I haven't experienced that..but maybe due to a different kind?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Step, I have found that my pre-natals are giving me diarrhoea (sorry TMI!! :devil:) which is dehydrating me, so indirectly yes. I drink heaps of water and the odd bottle of Gatorade or Powerade to replenish my electrolytes, and try to keep the high fibre foods to a minimum.

Sarah, I felt like I'd been hit my a mack truck after going off the pill! I had shocking hormone withdrawals that thankfully only lasted a few weeks, but it wasn't too much fun. And around O time my boobs were majorly sore, which of course they never were on the pill. Hopefully it'll ease up on you really soon!!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Sarah- Hi! :wavey: I stopped BC a few years ago at a time when a bunch of PSers were quitting. I think I had some gnarly headaches when I quit for good. I remember thinking it was strange that I never noticed symptoms the other times when I was on a break from BC for one reason or another. I think there was thread about it and a few others noted some type of withdrawal symptoms. Will you be temping/charting or monitoring your ovulation, or will you be a more relaxed TTCer? I think you should consider yourself off of the pill for two weeks since the inactive pills have no hormones in them. That would place you around ovulation, so maybe they are O symptoms?

Step- I take target's brand of chewable gummy prenatals and haven't really noticed being more thirsty from them. Maybe try a different brand?

Dandi- Wow that is interesting, I would guess the high iron content could make you constipated rather than diarrhea. Not that that would be fun either.. What I'm wondering is why I am not noticing better hair or stronger nails that you are supposed to get from the prenatals!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all!

I'm officially in the TWW. Got O-3, O-2 and O-1 (which was close to O because I'm almost certain that I O'd early in the morning of CD14), not much more that we could have done at this point! So now it's just a matter of trying not to go too stir crazy while we wait. I'm feeling decent about this month so far. I did guaifenesin and preseed, noticed quite a bit of difference (good way). So here's hoping, as usual. :wink2:

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend! ::)

Oh and Sarah, there's no such thing as TMI in this thread! :lol: If I remember right, I had a pretty ugly week or two while the pills were working their way out of my system, but after that all cleared I felt SO much better overall. I hope it's the same for you!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone! Sorry in advance for such a long, incoherent post. I promise I'll be less hormonal soon (hopefully) and definitely less whiny.

It's worse today..I feel like an emotional wreck on top of the pain. I think it's flaring my lyme disease..ugh!!! :( Thanks GYN for mentioning this was possible..NOT. :roll: She made it sound so easy..stop the pill, start trying, get pregnant eventually. Not..stop the pill be MISERABLE..then maybe get pregnant, lol. I'd be fine with the symptoms if they were connected to something (e.g. actually being pregnant) other than just a stupid hormonal imbalance from stopping the pill, you know? This is why I despise medication when you don't absolutely need it. Should I go to the doctor, is there anything they could even do for me? I am guessing not..I sound so wimpy lol.

As for charting and stuff..I am working on it, and I've been testing for O every day (sometimes twice a day..yeah I am a dork). Nothing so far. I am using the clear blue digital one, but I ordered the Wonfdos or whatever they're called off of Amazon so I'm switching to that tomorrow when they come. The digi did show a very LIGHT line..but it says in the packaging to ignore the lines that they mean nothing..which I thought was weird since that's how traditional tests go. Anyone know whether to trust the lines? Either way it's not a dark line (or as dark as the control), so I have no idea whether to even try like I am Oing since a light line would mean no O. My body seems to be pointing toward O if it's not just BC symptoms (like you said Mia). I am using the test with the smiley or blank circle when it reads the stick. I was feeling so good about this Sunday, Monday, Tuesday..then my body decided it hated me, lol.

Tammy good luck in the TWW..sending lots of baby dust your way!! Thanks so much lol..I am glad it's ok to be a bit TMI lol.

Mia - Hey there!! How are you?! Look above..but I hope it is O..then maybe there'd at least be a good reason and something good could come out of it, right?!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Tammy- Your BDing looks promising!!! I'm sooo hoping this is your cycle! Hope this 2WW flies by with fabulous news at the end of it! :))

Sarah- Thanks for asking about me. I'm doing great! I'm basically loitering on this thread until May when we will officially begin TTC. Not much longer! As for your symptoms, maybe you do want to check out this thread that I had mentioned before:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/birth-control-your-libido-sex-drive-fyi.100299/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/birth-control-your-libido-sex-drive-fyi.100299/[/URL]
Most of the ladies reported side effects from stopping the pill. Even re-reading my own posts reminded me that I too had sore nipples. I think it will just take a little time for your body to adjust. Sorry that it may be aggravating your lyme disease, that can't be fun. :nono: Some women have one or a couple of weird cycles after the pill, some go right back to normal. I had a great cycle after the pill and then a bunch of really awful irregular and anovulatory cycles, but now I would say my cycles are fairly regular. Sorry I can't be much help with OPKs I could never understand them! :confused:

AFM, I think I ovulated today or will tomorrow. My temp went up this morning but I also overslept so that may be why my temp was higher than usual. I still have EWCM though. So I'm just going to go ahead and start my own little 2WW until TTC! Yay!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Sarah, welcome! So sorry about the Lyme disease & awful symptoms post bc. The month I went off the pill I had the worst headaches of my life. They didn't return the next month so I hope you're feeling better soon. As for opk's, it's positive when the test line is darker than or as dark as the control line. (Not the same as a pregnancy test when a line is a line.)
I hope your body is gearing up to o!

Tammy, happy 2ww! It sounds like your timing was terrific this month. I hope the guaifenesin & preseed did the trick & this is your month, lady! How are you feeling?

Mia, how exciting that you'll be ttc in 2 short weeks! Yay! It's definitely fun to do child free activities & enjoy couple time while you can. 

Step, welcome! Sorry about the prenatals. Would a different brand work better?

Haven, tango was fun but definitely more difficult than other dance lessons we've taken. I don't think well be tango stars but it will be fun learning. How amazing that your dh went to Argentina! Did he love it?
I do like to read & that's a fun distraction too. How are you feeling?

Tammy, how are you holding up? I hope your acne is clearing & you're feeling better. 

Mlk, Trekkie, curly, how are you guys doing?

Hi to our mamas!

Afm, cd11 today so the 2ww is drawing to a close, which makes me super nervous. I tested on cd9 to make sure the hcg from my trigger shot had left my system (it had).
I plan to test for real tomorrow morning since I got a (super faint) bfp last iui cycle at 12dpo. Please send dust!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Oh Bright, I'm sure the anticipation is killing you! Sending thoughts and dust your way today! No matter what, we're all going to be here to support you, but I'm SO, SO, SO hoping you see a second line either tomorrow in the next few days!

Tammy, I would nothing more than for you to get a BFP this month too! Lots of dust!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, I posted to you over on the other thread, but throwing dust at you here too! I'm feeling okay. I waver between optimistic and dumpy, but that's all part of the territory I'm afraid! :oops: I'm more anxious for the TWW to go by than I usually am at 2 DPO, which is slightly annoying. Usually this is my "calm before the storm" period of time - that nice little 1-8DPO bliss where you know you've done all you can for the month but it's literally impossible to POAS with any hope for a BFP yet. This month? Nope, I woke up this morning and did a mental countdown already. :rolleyes:

Hi to all, hope everyone's Monday is going well!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Aw, thanks so much, mp! The anticipation is making me batty indeed.
I'm a little concerned as I seem to have fewer symptoms (cramping, sore bbs) than last time, though I am sporting quite the lovely breakout. How I would love to join you & jgator & all of my other friends over in jbp. (though you're past "barely" pregnant now!!)
I guess I'm last picked for the team. Just like middle school softball. :tongue:

We have an appointment on the books to talk to my RE on Thursday if it doesn't work. I'll be 14dpo then so I should know for sure.
If not, I'm going to ask him to hit me with his best shot (short of ivf).

I'm so glad to hear all is going well for you & bumby & hope work calms down for you soon!
Did you read the book "The Paris Wife," btw?

Tammy, thanks! I totally waiver between optimistic & fatalistic too. I guess that's part of the territory. I hope you can relax a bit soon or it'll be a long 2ww. Maybe your last!?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright, you’re so close! I really hope you receive wonderful news this week. I’ll be cheering you on…oh and stalking the thread for BFP pictures!

Tammy, that’s some good timing! When we conceived DS, we didn’t hit “O” day. I think O-1 is better especially if you think you ovulated early in the day. I’ve also found in the past that I’m pretty sure that FF is one day late on my O day – maybe because I usually have a slow rise? This month it was nice to see a good solid spike at 1DPO.

Sarah, welcome! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. I actually have the opposite problem. I am much more stable emotionally OFF the pill than I am on it. So I haven’t taken it in about 8 years. I suck at reading OPKs so I was using the CBEs when we conceived DS but those things are expensive! I actually stopped the month I got my BFP because I ran out of tests on CD10.

Mia, I was never able to take prenatals (even when I was preggo) because of the wicked constipation. Like, not going for weeks constipation! My doc had me take 2 children’s Flinstones (without iron) plus extra DHA and folic acid. That seemed to do the trick. They test your iron somewhere in mid pregnancy and me levels were good.

Jen, I'm sorry everything seems to be moving so slowly. I hope that your upcoming IVF cycle is a success and you can put all of this behind you.

AFM, still kind of hiding out and lurking/cheering on here. I think I’m afraid to go *all-in* in case it doesn’t work or something goes wrong. Yesterday would have been my due date had I not miscarried in September. It was rough but the hope of another definitely helps. Some days I cannot wrap my head around the fact that I got pregnant using protection outside of my normal fertile window and now I have to have perfectly timed BD and it could take A WHILE! That thought has me scratching my head pretty often. I’m pretty impatient so during the TWW (6 dpo now), I think I need to take Haven’s advice and distract myself. That’s not terribly difficult at home while chasing around a 20 month old and helping a 17 year old prep for the SATs…but, here at work, with FF and Google at my fingertips? Not so much.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Double post

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results