shape
carat
color
clarity

custom ring help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I am going to be making a trip to Philadelphia''s Jewlers row next week to start my quest for my custom ring. I am going to have a ring similar to Ritani''s Endless love made in white gold using all of my own diamonds and I am wondering if any of you have advice on key questions I should ask to ensure I get the best product. I am new to all of this and have lots of ideas on points I think are very important but I am easily persuaded and want to be able to "stand my ground"!!! I am going to 3 well known jewlers and know that I will get a great ring, however I can be somewhat of a perfectionist and have a tedency to get overwhelmed. Thank you for all of your help!
Lisa

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo! What a fun project. I would say that communication is key in a custom job. Make sure you see examples of their work. You want everything to look nice and smooth and polished, no pitting or little holes in the metal. You want to work with someone who you are comfortable communicating with- lots of photos, sketches, and notes are key. Undoubtedly you have a notion in your mind of exactly what you want your finished ring to look like, but some people are better at conveying their wishes than others. Make sure you will be able to approve a wax model before the ring is made, put it on your finger and really scrutinize it before you give the okay to cast the ring. Any modifications can be done rather easily in wax, not so readily once the ring is made in metal. Talk about what their policies are if the final product is not exactly what you want. Will they tweak minor, easily fixable things without charge, etcetera.

Make lots of notes before you go and see someone. They will be a visual reminder, to yourself, of what you want, so that you don''t get talked out of anything.
1.gif
Good luck, can''t wait to see the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results